PDA

View Full Version : Mario's 1st Performance

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 09:26 PM
So, how would you grade Mario's 1st performace?

edo783
08-13-2006, 09:28 PM
"c"

Porky
08-13-2006, 09:34 PM
C- against the position he was drafted in. But, like Carr, Kris Brown, and some of the others that are being roasted, it's very early, and the sample was small. Hopefully, he will continue to improve every day. That's all we can ask for at this time. Sooner or later though, he has to produce in a big way to justify his selection.

TexanSam
08-13-2006, 09:36 PM
An incomplete.

AFD1717
08-13-2006, 09:36 PM
We need to be prepared for an entire season of this. Mario's impact will not be seen in the boxscore or on Sportscenter. He'll get his fair share of sacks, but he won't have the gaudy numbers we all would like him to have. The Reggie Bush disciples will troll our MB all season crowing about Bush's punt return yards and his 5 carries for no gain followed by 1 carry for 40 yards (all the way to yet another losing season).

His dominance will be there, but it will be hard to quantify.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 09:38 PM
I thought that you said you weren't gonna stir crap up in any other thread than the "Just wanted to say thanks" thread post #36.

I'm all good with stirring up a little trouble just for troubles sake...but you need to watch your steps around here diehard...or the mods will get a hold of you and you'll "die-quickly!"

My thread got deleted. That was the only place I said I would post.

Hey, I just asked how yall would grade his performance. That's all.

Personally, I'd give him an F.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 09:42 PM
``I kind of got too excited and that made me get a little tired,'' Williams said. ``But I was not nervous at all.''
Quote:
``I have a lot to learn,'' Williams said. ``I was moving up and down the ball. I'm used to just coming off the edge and it's a lot different here.''
-----

I'm just going by what the guy said, but it sounds like he got tired and realized he has a lot to learn. I wouldn't think that is what you would want to hear from the #1 pick in the draft.....but that's just me.

By the way, Reggie looked great to us. He wasn't nervous at all, I think he likes the spotlight....he seems to shine in it.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 09:49 PM
I know you posted that...I quoted it.

I just found it very thought provoking. Don't you?

Is anyone concerned that Kyle Turley hasn't played in the NFL for two years, but he could handle MW by himself? I'd be concerned.

Hardcore Texan
08-13-2006, 09:53 PM
I think I will start a thread:

How do you rate the Saints' 80 Million backfield so far?

So far I will give them an F for not scoring enough points to win their first pre-season game.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Well...
If you took time to copy/paste a quote from my thread, then you should have taken the time to read my thoughts on it.
Just FYI...take the :bag: of your head and the screen will come in a lot more clearly!

You didn't have any thoughts on it. You just posted a bunch of quotes.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 09:55 PM
I think I will start a thread:

How do you rate the Saints' 80 Million backfield so far?

So far I will give them an F for not scoring enough points to win their first pre-season game.

I take it that you are pleased with Mario's performance?

Carr Bombed
08-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Every rookie has alot to learn and so does Reggie Bush. Reggie is going to have to learn that he's not going to be able to live on the outside in the NFL, he's going to have to learn how to run it up the middle. He didn't really do squat in the middle and everytime he got the ball he looked for a way to cut to the outside. Granted he got a big run on the outside, but a back that goes for, 1 yard, 3 yards, 2 yards, then maybe a 25 yard run on the outside isn't consistent enough to sustain long crucial drives in the 4th, thats the reason he was on the sideline on the crucial play in the 4th of the title game. Bush needs to learn to pick up the tough yards. I know you have Duece this year for that, but your not going to be able to afford two 50 million dollar backs and you can't pay a guy 50 million dollars to be a short yardage 3rd down back either, Duece will be moved in the near future.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Wouldn't have posted the thread if I didn't think it was positive and worthy of a look.

Seriously dude...taking the bag off will help!

Wow! So those are the "thoughts" you were referring to? I'm sorry, I expect thoughts to be a little more elaborate than that. Yes, I did read your "thoughts".

Carr Bombed
08-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Also you can't compare Bush to Mario, they play on different sides of the ball and play two different positions. We're going to have to compare wins.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Also you can't compare Bush to Mario, they play on different sides of the ball and play two different positions. We're going to have to compare wins.

I wasn't comparing the two, I just wanted to know how would you grade Mario's performance....that's all.

TexanBacker93
08-13-2006, 10:04 PM

Your thread wasn't deleted. It was moved to the NFL boards since it really wasn't a Texans thread.

Personally, I am happy the Texans took Williams. I love defense and wanted this team to build around a dominant defensive player. That being said, I would grade Mario as an incomplete so far. It is too early to tell what is going to happen. I think his skills and physical attributes will keep him from being a flop. His drive is what is going to make him a star. Does he have that? It's too soon to tell.

I'm glad you are happy with Reggie Bush. He is going to be a wonderful running back and should be exciting to watch. I don't think he would have been a good fit in this system. He seems to like to dance and juke. I don't know if he could have molded himself into a one cut runner.

Hardcore Texan
08-13-2006, 10:05 PM
I take it that you are pleased with Mario's performance?

Being it was his first pre-season game as a rookie and not being able to break down each single down and know what the coaches calls were.....I would give him a C+, considering the learning curve, him moving to DT a time or two, and playing more than one "spot". It's hard from the camera angle to see the numbers on the players back and follow him to whatever the strong side is for that particular play.

It is important to note that D-Line aren't going to get noticed quite as much as other positions, it is not a "sexy" position unless they are getting sacks. Sometimes their job is to draw a double team, or contain a run play, stretch a play out to the sideline and give your LB's time to run it down.

Of course I am just an avid fan, you really want to know how he is doing then follow the depth chart up to the season opener, because I am certain about one thing, Kubiak will put the best 11 on the field. Mario will be a dominant force for a long time, but it doesn't always happen overnight. So IMHO there are alot of factors to consider.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:07 PM
You might be right, Bush may not be the right back for your system.

I hope Mario turns out to be a good fit for your system.

TexansJunkE
08-13-2006, 10:08 PM
``I kind of got too excited and that made me get a little tired,'' Williams said. ``But I was not nervous at all.''
Quote:
``I have a lot to learn,'' Williams said. ``I was moving up and down the ball. I'm used to just coming off the edge and it's a lot different here.''
-----

I'm just going by what the guy said, but it sounds like he got tired and realized he has a lot to learn. I wouldn't think that is what you would want to hear from the #1 pick in the draft.....but that's just me.

By the way, Reggie looked great to us. He wasn't nervous at all, I think he likes the spotlight....he seems to shine in it.

Hey TOOLhard being the player scout that I know you are, you would know that RB's have an easier time converting to the NFL. But of course you already know this. By the way, why don't you go buy some buckets and start bailing water out of the SuperDome I think you guys have a pitty primetime game.:BananaWav

Carr Bombed
08-13-2006, 10:11 PM
I wasn't comparing the two, I just wanted to know how would you grade Mario's performance....that's all.

I wasn't saying you did

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=Carr Bomb]Also you can't compare Bush to Mario, they play on different sides of the ball and play two different positions. QUOTE]

Then why did you say this?

jerek
08-13-2006, 10:14 PM

I'd grade Reggie Bush an F for not scoring four touchdowns. Didn't live up to my expectations at all. Total loser and wasted draft pick.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:15 PM
I'd grade Reggie Bush an F for not scoring four touchdowns. Didn't live up to my expectations at all. Total loser and wasted draft pick.

Ok, how would you grade Williams?

Carr Bombed
08-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Then why did you say this?

Because there are some that are and everybody on ESPN and the countless other Saint trolls that will be stopping by this season.

TexanBorn51
08-13-2006, 10:17 PM
I give Mario a "B" in conjunction with the defense. It effected their offensive line enough to double on him. His playing time is unfair to judge for the whole game because of total playing game time. I think because of this the other DL players were put in a situation to be more active in actions, adjustments, and determination because of the #1 draft pick Mario and they will gel better as they play more. It's a learning and studying preseason during this time span but one can honestly say at this time that defense wins games and I believe the Texans won this game. There's always room for improvement and that's what hopefully preseason will summon to be and continue onward through the regular season.:fans:

Speedy
The guy played ELEVEN plays and was part of a defense that gave up only 33 yards of offense in the quarter in a freaking pre-season game!

kbourda
So, how would you grade Mario's 1st performace?

I give it a pre-season grade. Nothing to worry about just yet. Positive win for morale that's about it.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:20 PM
I give it a pre-season grade. Nothing to worry about just yet. Positive win for morale that's about it.

It's something to build on :ok:

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Because there are some that are and everybody on ESPN and the countless other Saint trolls that will be stopping by this season.

And why is that relavant here?

Why not just tell me how you grade Mario's performance?

Ole Miss Texan
08-13-2006, 10:25 PM
I tried to watch Mario as best I could but it was hard because he moved from LE to RE and then went to DT for a play or two. He wasn't playing just against turley but everyone up and down their o-line. There were a few times I saw him right there on the ball on the opposite side of the field (no tackle no assist but he was there), they ran the ball opposite him too and saw him get by their tackle. He also got double teamed a few times that opened up the other side. One time I did see him completely push down their tackle, I laughed hard.

All in all I like everyone else wanted more. wanted to see that first sack. it didnt come that game. we expected it so it was a little disappointing. I do thing he did average. not bad not good.

I was extremely pleased with the defense in general esp. demeco! Mario stood above all the rest of the linemen he is really tall. Start of the game I think he was excited pumping up his hands. Anthony Weaver really tried to get the other guys pumped up too..he seems to be outspoken.

I went on too long but liked what i saw as a whole and thats all you can ask for the first preseason game with like what 6 new starters on D???

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:28 PM
I tried to watch Mario as best I could but it was hard because he moved from LE to RE and then went to DT for a play or two. He wasn't playing just against turley but everyone up and down their o-line. There were a few times I saw him right there on the ball on the opposite side of the field (no tackle no assist but he was there), they ran the ball opposite him too and saw him get by their tackle. He also got double teamed a few times that opened up the other side. One time I did see him completely push down their tackle, I laughed hard.

All in all I like everyone else wanted more. wanted to see that first sack. it didnt come that game. we expected it so it was a little disappointing. I do thing he did average. not bad not good.

I was extremely pleased with the defense in general esp. demeco! Mario stood above all the rest of the linemen he is really tall. Start of the game I think he was excited pumping up his hands. Anthony Weaver really tried to get the other guys pumped up too..he seems to be outspoken.

I went on too long but liked what i saw as a whole and thats all you can ask for the first preseason game with like what 6 new starters on D???

That's cool. How is the rest of your D-Line besides Mario? Why do they have him lining up at DT?

TexanBacker93
08-13-2006, 10:33 PM
The coaches want to move him around. Sometimes to get favorable matchups. Sometimes to force the offense to take him into consideration. Plus, when they go into a nickle defense they seem to want Babin and Peek in there so Mario moves inside to get more pass rushers in there.

Carr Bombed
08-13-2006, 10:46 PM
And why is that relavant here?

Because its the reason why your here. Look at your post history, obviously you wanted to talk about Reggie. You wouldn't be here right now if Reggie doesn't have ONE good run or if Mario would of registered one sack. There are three other posters in this thread that already referenced Bush in this thread, get off of me. I posted what I posted, because I have to deal with constant trolls that only pop up when Reggie does something good and disapear when theres bad press (the whole offseason) and frankly I'm getting tired of it.

ESPN makes it relavant, Saint trolls make it relavant, and post like this where your obviously comparing the two make it relavant

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?p=405468#post405468

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?p=404838#post404838

I don't have to explain myself.

If your were really interested in our team you would ask us to grade other rookies that had a outstanding game, but know you want to know about the guy who was taken ahead of reggie for obvious reasons

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:53 PM
I don't have to explain myself.

If your were really interested in our team you would ask us to grade other rookies that had a outstanding game, but know you want to know about the guy who was taken ahead of reggie for obvious reasons

I'm here because I was surprised to see that the guy taken above Bush was having a hard time with Turley. Then I read that he was tired, has a lot to learn.....i wanted to know what Texans felt about that.

I was expecting like the next coming of Lwarence Taylor and I was a little surprised by his 1st performance. That's all. Not to say he won't get better. I'm sure he will. I just wanted to know how you guys felt about it.

chuckm
08-13-2006, 10:55 PM
I was expecting like the next coming of Lwarence Taylor and I was a little surprised by his 1st performance. That's all. Not to say he won't get better. I'm sure he will. I just wanted to know how you guys felt about it.

How'd Lawrence do in his first preseason game?

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:57 PM
How'd Lawrence do in his first preseason game?

I don't know, how did he do?

I do know how Bush did in his 1st game....he took a busted play and turned it into a 44 yrd gain beacuse no one could catch him.

chuckm
08-13-2006, 10:59 PM
I don't know, how did he do?

I do know how Bush did in his 1st game....he took a busted play and turned it into a 44 yrd gain beacuse no one could catch him.

According to

http://databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=TAYLOLAW01

Taylor had no sacks in his rookie year ...

edit: link fixed

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 11:00 PM
According to

http://databasefootball.com/teams/te...lg=NFL&yr=1981

So I guess that no sacks from Mario would be a successful season?

Carr Bombed
08-13-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm here because I was surprised to see that the guy taken above Bush was having a hard time with Turley. Then I read that he was tired, has a lot to learn.....i wanted to know what Texans felt about that.

I feel the same way about him as I do every other rookie, he has alot to learn as does every other rookie. When a rookie makes mistakes, people don't say "Oh he made a mistake", they say "he made rookie mistakes" and for good reason.

The RB position is the easiest position that translates to the NFL, other positons go through rookie mistakes and a higher learning curve. Mario made it through his first preseason game uninjured, thats all I care about right now. All he has to do is improve each outing and I'll be happy.

TexansJunkE
08-13-2006, 11:03 PM

Let's talk when the games actually mean something.

chuckm

nah .... just thought I'd throw a troll a bone .... carry on

kikiscafe

HAHAHAHAHA... this guy got 40+ post from 2 thread only... waht a whacko..
just keep on arguing.... and twist whatever we answer his q's...

stop feeding the troll guys

dat_boy_yec
08-13-2006, 11:04 PM
I don't know why everyone is talking down on diehard. Regardless of his previous post he asked a simple question and we show lack of class in making all these assumptions about why he's here instead of addressing the qsuestion. I would give Mario a C overall. I agree with Mario when he says he has alot to learn. I'm sure that if he had played the whole game he would have shown some adjustment towards the end, but considering what he did while he was out there I think that is a fair grade. He showed he had the physical tools to be a force, but he didn't use them too efficiently in the game. He was bad at disengaging and relied on bull rushing to much. His reaction in finding the runner were less then what one would hope for, but I believe as he settles in he will get better. I think he over tried, this is probably why he relied so much on the bull rush and on the play where LJ ran right past him he had blown past the line, but tripped himself up. He put himself at a disadvantage when his knees hit the ground and he was unable to make the play. I think he overcommitted on that play, maybe had he been more focused he would have had a better game, but I believe a large portion of this was pre-season and rookie jitters. Also it was positive to see the amount of attention given to him, when he moved to the middle two blockers engaged him initially and when he played end even though he only had one tackle at time if you paid attention the running back usually drifted in that direction and if you remember that cut block was delivered by somebody in the backfield not the tackle. So he was beginning to show pressure, but he still could have done much better. Hopefully he will improve for the next game, but I can't give him anything higher than a C at the moment.

The Preacher
08-13-2006, 11:05 PM
The short answer is yes, I am pleased with Mario and the way a top notch NFL offense already gameplanned around avoiding him. :chicken:

Lucky

Sacks weren't an official stat until '82. Taylor has been credited with 9.5 sacks at the time, and was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year as a rookie.

diehard1192
nah .... just thought I'd throw a troll a bone .... carry on

Ok, well what would you consider to be a successful season?

10 sacks?

chuckm
08-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Sacks weren't an official stat until '82. Taylor has been credited with 9.5 sacks at the time, and was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year as a rookie.

Thanks for the correction Lucky .....

OK diehard ...... let's start the bidding at 9.5 sacks ..... nah I'm sleepy .... guys he's all yours

Honoring Earl 34
08-13-2006, 11:07 PM
:cowboy1: Reggie makes one run and the ESPN crowd plus the Saints fan wants to have his baby . ESPN wants to cover their ass after saying Reggie's worth more than a 650,000 dollar house .

I think you can't grade anyone on one game but he has talent and the jury's out for a couple of years . If Mario can play and Ryans pans out for the defense and you include Spencer , Winston , Daniels and Lundy for the offense ( 5th for Moulds , 7th for Walter ) who cares what diehard or the media says . This appears to be a group to compliment the talent we have . I'll bet the Saints draft ahead of us next year then who's right .

dat_boy_yec
08-13-2006, 11:09 PM

Hell no. If Mario had no sacks that would be a wasted season. Comparing him to LT is totally off. D-linemen's job is to get to the QB to create pressure and be the first line of defense against the run. LB's aren't sackmasters, they have so many other duties that if they don't get any sacks you have other categories which to base your judgement on. However if your job is to get to the QB and your taken first in the draft, but you don't get to the QB at least once, then you've totally failed at your job.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-13-2006, 11:10 PM
We need to be prepared for an entire season of this. Mario's impact will not be seen in the boxscore or on Sportscenter. He'll get his fair share of sacks, but he won't have the gaudy numbers we all would like him to have. The Reggie Bush disciples will troll our MB all season crowing about Bush's punt return yards and his 5 carries for no gain followed by 1 carry for 40 yards (all the way to yet another losing season).

His dominance will be there, but it will be hard to quantify.

Exactly! texanpride

Kaiser Toro
08-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Ok, well what would you consider to be a successful season?

10 sacks?

If the team has a net plus 10 more sacks than last year he was a major success due to his acquistion. Our zone blocking scheme deems high priced backs as foolish, best to spend our money that will make the team better, not to make its image more appealing.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 11:19 PM
If the team has a net plus 10 more sacks than last year he was a major success due to his acquistion. Our zone blocking scheme deems high priced backs as foolish, best to spend our money that will make the team better, not to make its image more appealing.

Are you saying with your blocking schemes, it doesn't matter if you have Lundy or Bush?

TexansBull
08-13-2006, 11:21 PM
You know, its great to rehash preseason football and say this and that about players. But the first stringers only play a limited number of times, so comparing and grading these players is fun, but not really accurate. Since they dont play the whole game, preseason is close to being meaningless in getting to the SB. Its just for the coaches and players to more looks and get better practice for regular season.

Preseason is like Cinco de Mayo. Just another reason to drink. Lets wait for Philly before we call a player a bust.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Preseason is like Cinco de Mayo. Just another reason to drink. Lets wait for Philly before we call a player a bust.

Nobody called anyone a "bust" by any means.

Kaiser Toro
08-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Are you saying with your blocking schemes, it doesn't matter if you have Lundy or Bush?

What I am saying is that we took a balanced portfolio play this past draft. Bush will be a great player, but in our scheme RB does not warrant the price tag that a top back commands. The sum is greater than the parts. Our running game will be fine and so will our future.

TexansBull
08-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Probably not, but you are makin it out to be that way. Just because in eleven plays he doesnt get a sack when the guy is only 22 or something and is getting double teamed by grown men that have been playing the sport for years. Hes been out of college only a couple of months.

Marcus

Yes.

Happy?

edo783

Troll boy, people have told you. Somewhere between a "C" and a "B". Now go play on your aints board. Good by. Please live by your word and go as this isn't the thread you said you wouldpost in.

texflex513
Hell no. If Mario had no sacks that would be a wasted season. Comparing him to LT is totally off. D-linemen's job is to get to the QB to create pressure and be the first line of defense against the run. LB's aren't sackmasters, they have so many other duties that if they don't get any sacks you have other categories which to base your judgement on. However if your job is to get to the QB and your taken first in the draft, but you don't get to the QB at least once, then you've totally failed at your job.

What if mario was successful at getting about 2-3 pass disrupts a game and no sacks?? I say he is still doing his job and that would be successful to me IMO. HAVOC is what coach kube called it.

edo783
08-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Anyone want to bet that Troll Boy doesn't do what he says?

Carr Bombed
J. Peppers had two sacks through his first preseason schedule and they didn't come until the last two games.

diehard1192
Probably not, but you are makin it out to be that way. Just because in eleven plays he doesnt get a sack when the guy is only 22 or something and is getting double teamed by grown men that have been playing the sport for years. Hes been out of college only a couple of months.

He was going agaisnt Kyle Turley who has not played in the NFL for over 2 years.

MrMeToo
08-13-2006, 11:30 PM
F, no impact in the game at all.He had an a assist on a tackle, don't see how you can give him any grade higher than an F.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 11:30 PM
F, no impact in the game at all.He had an a assist on a tackle, don't see how you can give him any grade higher than an F.

Thank you. I agree.

Kaiser Toro
08-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Thank you. I agree.

Hatin' ain't easy. It's hard work.

We all agree that Mario stinks on this board and Reggie Bush is the greatest thing since the 2005 Trojans. Best of luck on your future in hatin', it is an up and coming industry.

gwallaia
08-13-2006, 11:38 PM
The guy played ELEVEN plays and was part of a defense that gave up only 33 yards of offense in the quarter in a freaking pre-season game!

Did anyone read this post?

The man has only played 11 plays so far. Yet we have two threads several pages long discussing it, and both started by a Saints fan.

Honoring Earl 34
08-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Thank you. I agree.
Shake and Bake ... my bad its the french guys .

diehard1192
Hatin' ain't easy. It's hard work.

We all agree that Mario stinks on this board and Reggie Bush is the greatest thing since the 2005 Trojans. Best of luck on your future in hatin', it is an up and coming industry.

I'm not hatin'. I thought your boy would man handle Turley. When I saw Sortscenter highlighting Mario getting handled by Turley over and over, I was surprised.

I'm not hatin'. I hope Mario gets better. I really do.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
I just wanted to know how you guys felt about it.

The truth is that you wanted us to know how YOU felt about Mario, then gloat by asking how we felt about your gloating.

Hookem Horns
08-13-2006, 11:40 PM
Why are you here diehard? If you're so happy with Bush you should be discussing that at www.saintsreport.com. If you're just here to gloat that the Texans should have drafted Bush, then you are out of luck because I think it is safe to say that the people that made that decision don't post here.

We are just fans that root for our team and the players we are dealt as fans. I personally don't see the point of gloating against Mario Williams as a Saints fan. Why do you care what he does? Again, if you're excited about Bush tell those that give a flying "f". Again, those fans can be found at www.saintsreport.com

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 11:41 PM
Good luck guys. Mario will get better, I'm sure. Good luck ;)

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Why are you here diehard? If you're so happy with Bush you should be discussing that at www.saintsreport.com. If you're just here to gloat that the Texans should have drafted Bush, then you are out of luck because I think it is safe to say that the people that made that decision don't post here.

We are just fans that root for our team and the players we are dealt as fans. I personally don't see the point of gloating against Mario Williams as a Saints fan. Why do you care what he does? Again, if you're excited about Bush tell those that give a flying "f". Again, those fans can be found at www.saintsreport.com

Don't worry, I'm going back there. Good luck, I'll check back with yall after the season starts. Maybe Mario won't be as tired and nervous during his next game. I know Bush won't be.

Kaiser Toro
I'm not hatin'. I thought your boy would man handle Turley. When I saw Sortscenter highlighting Mario getting handled by Turley over and over, I was surprised.

I'm not hatin'. I hope Mario gets better. I really do.

Then you would most likely agree with the notion that he will improve. But then again maybe not. Regardless in your 40+ posst you have stated no thought out opinion and have added no value to this board.

Either stop hatin' or prove to us all that you are not totally wasting your time by thinking that you are waxing poetic when you put fingers to plastic and start broadcasting your message via 1'a and 0's.

TexansBull
He was going agaisnt Kyle Turley who has not played in the NFL for over 2 years.

Your right. But you are trying to measure his impact, which is first hard to do in his position, and then measure it in a preseason game. Would we want him to get a sack? Yea, that would keep this thread from starting. But in the end we had 5 sacks, and a W that was a long time coming. Did he contribute to the 5 sacks? Possibly. So is a total "f" fair? Nope. Atleast give him a D- and get the man love with reggie over with.

Hutch13
08-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Id give him a C+ he couldnt do much being doubled team and like gwallia said he only did 11 plays! Why dont you just leave if your so happy about the saints pick and just post there.

cj5776
08-13-2006, 11:45 PM
I did not want to enter this thread, because if someone wants to label a player a bust, words are a waste, but...

What is up with this Kyle Turley crap. Turley did not deal with Williams one on one!!!!!

Yes he did not produce enough, but considering the number of plays I grade him a B. DL are like boxers, the major blows happen later in the game.

Pentration against double teams deserve a B

Smash_Mouth_Mario
Good luck ;) ^ The truth come out. Pure "sincerity."

Aw....he cares... lol:

texflex513
Don't worry, I'm going back there. Good luck, I'll check back with yall after the season starts. Maybe Mario won't be as tired and nervous during his next game. I know Bush won't be.

take care livesoft1192 HAVE A NICE DAY:)

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Your right. But you are trying to measure his impact, which is first hard to do in his position, and then measure it in a preseason game. Would we want him to get a sack? Yea, that would keep this thread from starting. But in the end we had 5 sacks, and a W that was a long time coming. Did he contribute to the 5 sacks? Possibly. So is a total "f" fair? Nope. Atleast give him a D- and get the man love with reggie over with.

Ok, you're right, a D - :yahoo:

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 11:48 PM
I did not want to enter this thread, because if someone wants to label a player a bust, words are a waste, but...

What is up with this Kyle Turley crap. Turley did not deal with Williams one on one!!!!!

Yes he did not produce enough, but considering the number of plays I grade him a B. DL are like boxers, the major blows happen later in the game.

Not true, Turley took on Mario a few times 1-1. Go back and watch the film. But I warn you, it might upset you.

TexanBacker93
08-13-2006, 11:49 PM

Go back to the 1995 NFL draft. The Bengals had the 1st pick and went with a running back. They took a player coming out of college that had all the skills needed to become one of the greats. He came from a top school that nearly won a National Championship in his last season. He finished 2nd in the Heisman voting that year.

In the 6th round, the Broncos took a running back that wasn't on many team's lists. He didn't have the college career of the guy the Bengals drafted and wasn't expected to have a great career unlike the other player.

The Bengals took Ki-Jana Carter.
The Broncos took Terrell Davis.

I am not suggesting Bush will end up like Carter, nor do I wish that.
I am not suggesting Lundy will have success like Davis had.

Still, it's a little too early to tell on either of them. Lundy looks like he might be the type of runner this system needs. Bush looks to be the exciting player the Saints need.

Why do people, fans and talking heads alike, want to make this an all or none draft? I think it's possible that both teams will do fine with their draft choices. Look at the NBA 3 years ago. Should Cleveland be ridiculed for not drafting Dwayne Wade and drafting that LeBron James guy?

TexansBull
08-13-2006, 11:49 PM

He didnt understand double means two people. I was trying to say that, but couldnt get it out. I was choking on all this bull being forced down my throat.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 11:51 PM
Turley man-handled your boy 1-1...plain and simple.

TexanBacker93
08-13-2006, 11:53 PM

Turley hasn't played in the league in 2 years. However, he is a former Pro Bowl tackle. I don't think his knowledge will have diminished. An experienced veteran tackle can take advantage of a rookie that is raring to go. I think Turley's time off would have hurt his strength and stamina and had those 2 battled all game I have no doubt Mario would have tired him out.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Turley hasn't played in the league in 2 years. However, he is a former Pro Bowl tackle. I don't think his knowledge will have diminished. An experienced veteran tackle can take advantage of a rookie that is raring to go. I think Turley's time off would have hurt his strength and stamina and had those 2 battled all game I have no doubt Mario would have tired him out.

You realize the man has been surfing for two years?

texflex513
08-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Good Night livesoft1192.... give it a rest.

Napa Auto Parts
08-13-2006, 11:56 PM
i dont think you can grade mario's performance in suc limited time it wasnt pretty when he got owned by turley but he still is a rookie.

all start judging by week 7 if he still doesnt have about 4 sacks i might be worried but i wont go in to grading someone with such a birtgh future in such limited playing time.

TexanBacker93
08-13-2006, 11:56 PM
You realize the man has been surfing for two years?

Are you suggesting that he forgot how to block in those 2 years? Pass blocking isn't just about strength.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Ok, ok...it's been fun. I'll check back with you guys after the regular season starts. We'll chat and see how everyone is doing.

Good luck!!!!

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 11:58 PM
i dont think you can grade mario's performance in suc limited time it wasnt pretty when he got owned by turley but he still is a rookie.

I'm just glad someone admitted he got OWNED by Turley.

Sweet :ok:

TexansBull
08-13-2006, 11:59 PM
Ok, you're right, a D - :yahoo:

Good. Maybe now you can get your man love over with and go back to the saints boards and talk about how reggie might fold under pressure. Remember your boy against UT and Young. After he goofed he never was a factor like he was supposed to be. Once again...hype. Reggie is the next Darko...:yahoo:

Kaiser Toro
08-13-2006, 11:59 PM
Turley man-handled your boy 1-1...plain and simple.

We get it. Can you explain to me how Reggie's team was losing while he was on the field and why he could only muster 15 yards on 5 carries against one the league's worst rushing defenses last year after you take out a 44 yarder on a busted play during the exhibition season?

diehard1192
08-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Good. Maybe now you can get your man love over with and go back to the saints boards and talk about how reggie might fold under pressure. Remember your boy against UT and Young. After he goofed he never was a factor like he was supposed to be. Once again...hype. Reggie is the next Darko...:yahoo:

Let's see how Mario plays against someone who has actually played in the NFL in the last 2 years.

Khari
08-14-2006, 12:02 AM
hasn't this thread run it's course yet :sleep:

diehard1192
08-14-2006, 12:03 AM
We get it. Can you explain to me how Reggie's team was losing while he was on the field and why he could only muster 15 yards on 5 carries against one the league's worst rushing defenses last year after you take out a 44 yarder on a busted play during the exhibition season?

Absolutely.....our O-line is garbage. Absolute garbage. We are a piece-meal unit who will barely get through the season. Bush got we got all on his OWN. I wish we could actually open some holes for him, but I'm afraid we can't.

We seriously need O-line and D-line help. Until we get that, I don't expect us to do anything very good.

Carr Bombed
08-14-2006, 12:05 AM
What is the point of this thread....really. You got plenty of grades.

I swear I thought Jag fans were bad, but the Aints take the cake. They have to be the worst fans in the NFL. I mean the way they go out of their way to register on another MB just because their boo had a 44 yard run and Mario didn't register a sack. (Again Peppers only had 2 sacks throughout his first preseason and they didn't come until the last 2 games)

They won't comment on how their boo didn't score a td or how every other run he only had a 3ypc avg and was constantly stuffed inside. I guess I can kind of see where they're coming from though. I mean if your entire history is just filled with crap and you finally get a player that the media cares about and has passed Mike Vick as the most hyped player in the NFL, I can see where they would want to troll around the league and shout from the roof tops over one preseason game like you just won something.

Only a Aints fan would wet himself in the Preseason and one play, but then again the only time anybody says anything positive about the Aints is in the preseason, after the season starts the media attention disapears and all the buzz goes silent.

TexansBull
08-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Let's see how Mario plays against someone who has actually played in the NFL in the last 2 years.

I guess since your in a hurry to go your not going to comment on how reggie folded on his biggest game in his college career. Its ok. Go and come back with relevance. :deadhorse

Maybe you should talk about how reggie might get his Heisman taken away. Or is that being swept under the rug?

diehard1192
08-14-2006, 12:07 AM
What is the point of this thread....really. You got plenty of grades.

I swear I thought Jag fans were bad, but the Aints take the cake. They have to be the worst fans in the NFL. I mean the way they go out of their way to register on another MB just because their boo had a 44 yard run and Mario didn't register a sack. (Again Peppers only had 2 sacks throughout his first preseason and they didn't come until the last 2 games)

They won't comment on how their boo didn't score a td or how every other run he only had a 3ypc avg and was constantly stuffed inside. I guess I can kind of see where they're coming from though. I mean if your entire history is just filled with crap and you finally get a player that the media cares about and has passed Mike Vick as the most hyped player in the NFL, I can see where they would want to troll around the league and shout from the roof tops over one preseason game like you just won something.

Only a Aints fan would wet himself in the Preseason and one play, but then again the only time anybody says anything positive about the Aints is in the preseason, after the season starts the media attention disapears and all the buzz goes silent.

No that's not it at all. I was surprised to see how Mario got schooled by Turley, and I just wanted to see what yall thought about it. Plus I didn't understand why yall took Mario....that's why I came here. And I believe I have found out.

texflex513
08-14-2006, 12:07 AM

hey hey hey that hurts!!! careful with that darko comment pistons fan here>>>>:redtowel:

diehard1192
08-14-2006, 12:09 AM
I guess since your in a hurry to go your not going to comment on how reggie folded on his biggest game in his college career. Its ok. Go and come back with relevance. :deadhorse

Maybe you should talk about how reggie might get his Heisman taken away. Or is that being swept under the rug?

I don't think it's getting swept under the rug, I just don't think it is very relavant. I think it is more of the fact that someone is trying to take advantage of the Bush family.

Either way, I don't think that is very relavant here. Or is it?

newbiefan
08-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Alright... Mario didn't have an all-world first preseason game.

You got us.

But Lundy ='d Bush's yardage w/ only 3 extra touches.

For OUR system, I'd take Mario + Lundy over Bush + best 6th round DE anyday.

Maybe Bush was the better choice for the saints, but I am happy with our team as it is.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Plus I didn't understand why yall took Mario....that's why I came here. And I believe I have found out.

It's something you'll have to learn on your own after 4-5 years. That's why. Been there done that. The positives and negatives will not show up in Bush's game until you've had to deal with season after sesaon.

So, you will get the hype (something that's been missing from N.O. almost forever). And he will HAVE to produce even more than Mario. I mean, no ring even with Bush after 8-9 years! Is that acceptable? Do you understand how that goes?

Carr Bombed
08-14-2006, 12:15 AM
No that's not it at all. I was surprised to see how Mario got schooled by Turley, and I just wanted to see what yall thought about it. Plus I didn't understand why yall took Mario....that's why I came here. And I believe I have found out.

Do you really expect us to believe the "No that's not it at all" line. Please, I know you probably have been dumbed down posting at the Aints nonofficial board (just going off experiences from the riff raft that has floated over here), but thats not going to fly here in Houston. All you have to do is look at your post history and the fact that you put Turley in every other post to see your true intentions.

TexansBull
08-14-2006, 12:16 AM
I don't think it's getting swept under the rug, I just don't think it is very relavant. I think it is more of the fact that someone is trying to take advantage of the Bush family.

Either way, I don't think that is very relavant here. Or is it?

Man your still here.....

Sorry about the Darko reference, but yall still got the ring Texflex.

Enough of my homer opinion though.

diehard1192
08-14-2006, 12:17 AM
It's something you'll have to learn on your own after 4-5 years. That's why. Been there done that. The positives and negatives will not show up in Bush's game until you've had to deal with season after sesaon.

So, you will get the hype (something that's been missing from N.O. almost forever). And he will HAVE to produce even more than Mario. I mean, no ring even with Bush after 8-9 years! Is that acceptable? Do you understand how that goes?

Yes I understand that b/c of your blocking scemes it doesn't matter if you have Bush or Lundy. Your schemes are so incredible that you can take an average back and turn him into Terrel Davis. Reggie Bush would only slow you down because he cuts too much.

It is a much wiser move for you to invest in a DE that can barely hold his own against a guy who hasn't even played in the league for 2 years. Yeah, I understand now.....

texflex513
08-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Tired yet livesoft1192??? no? Tell me what do you get out of this??

Carr Bombed
08-14-2006, 12:22 AM

Attention, something the deprived Aints have lacked for the past 40 years

diehard1192

I'm trying to get the truth but only one person has admitted it. :cowboy1:

diehard1192
Attention, something the deprived Aints have lacked for the past 40 years

You're right, we just want some attention.....that's all.......

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-14-2006, 12:23 AM
It is a much wiser move for you to invest in a DE that can barely hold his own against a guy who hasn't even played in the league for 2 years. Yeah, I understand now.....

The "hold his own" is based on one pre-season game. The "Yeah, I understand..." really means, do you don't understand.

Time will tell, wont it? :) Come back in a few years. The, you might understand.

I think what you should do is give the ball to Bush every play. That way he can do it on his OWN! Good plan?

dtran04
08-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Absolutely.....our O-line is garbage. Absolute garbage. We are a piece-meal unit who will barely get through the season. Bush got we got all on his OWN. I wish we could actually open some holes for him, but I'm afraid we can't.

We seriously need O-line and D-line help. Until we get that, I don't expect us to do anything very good.

In that case, how come you aren't screaming for D. Ferguson? Reggie Bush was a TERRIBLE pick then. OMG OMG!!! SAINTS GM SHOULD BE FIRED!!!!

:rolleyes:

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-14-2006, 12:25 AM

It's true. Hungry for attention. Especially ESPN. lol:

diehard1192
08-14-2006, 12:26 AM
That's right. Ok guys....good luck this season......I hope it turns out well.

texflex513
08-14-2006, 12:27 AM
I'm trying to get the truth but only one person has admitted it. :cowboy1:

OH is that all you want... hows this...Mario got 1 assisted tackle in limited action in his first PRESEASON game. that is all that is evident nothing more at this point.

Kaiser Toro
08-14-2006, 12:28 AM
That's right. Ok guys....good luck this season......I hope it turns out well.

It will and we will not expect you over again as you got the best it is going to be for the Saints this year. As you like to say, "that is a fact."

Carr Bombed
08-14-2006, 12:29 AM

It must be, what else would explain the trolls that have registered and popped off on this board. If your happy with Bush go home and talk about Bush with the rest of your kind. If you weren't looking for attention by constantly stirring the pot you would be perfectly content with the conversations with other Saint fans, but no.......your here trolling a board of a team that doesn't even play in your division let alone your conference looking for attention.

tulexan
08-14-2006, 12:30 AM

Maybe you should have drafted D'Brick if your OL is so bad. Makes a lot more sense than adding another $50M to a back field that already was being paid $50M.

phantom17
08-14-2006, 12:34 AM
:chicken: :woot2 Man! This annoying troll, AINTS fan known as DORKHARD1192, is probably some 14 yo boy who has nothing else better to do! WE SHOULD JUST IGNORE HIM! His mother probably placed parental controls in his PC, so now he can't watch porn over the internet!:fireball:

diehard1192
08-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Maybe you should have drafted D'Brick if your OL is so bad. Makes a lot more sense than adding another $50M to a back field that already was being paid $50M.

Well now you are getting into draft philosophy. In my opinion, you don't pass up on a guy like Reggie Bush...no matter what. Of course that's my opinion.

Ok that is all....I promise. Good luck! :redtowel:

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Well now you are getting into draft philosophy. In my opinion, you don't pass up on a guy like Reggie Bush...no matter what. Of course that's my opinion.

Draft philosophy has to produce a championship. And guess who wins that title? The team.

So, that's the burden.

tulexan
08-14-2006, 12:44 AM

So you think it is a good move to draft a player that you have no need for (Deuce is by far your best player on offense), when you have major holes at LB and OL?

Hutch13
08-14-2006, 12:46 AM

And 10 bucks says thats not his last post unless he gets banned which i hope.

diehard1192
08-14-2006, 12:46 AM
So you think it is a good move to draft a player that you have no need for (Deuce is by far your best player on offense), when you have major holes at LB and OL?

I believe in drafting the best player available. That's not an uncommon theory.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-14-2006, 12:47 AM

Yep. We've heard that one before. Detroit did it. Good luck! ;)

Hutch13
08-14-2006, 12:48 AM

You broke your promise like i was excepting. :challenge

Smash_Mouth_Mario
And 10 bucks says thats not his last post unless he gets banned which i hope.

He's a "man" of his word... :D

diehard1192
Yep. We've heard that one before. Detroit did it.

Yea, it's not a perfect theory....then again there isn't a perfect one.

diehard1192
08-14-2006, 12:53 AM
You broke your promise like i was excepting. :challenge

Good lord, I can barely close my window before someone else reponds to a post. How about this. I won't come back until 3 games into the regular season. Deal?

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Good lord, I can barely close my window before someone else reponds to a post. How about this. I won't come back until 3 games into the regular season. Deal?

Actually, it's going to be better if you come back each year, after year, after year. So, you can work on that theory.

That's the better deal.

jerek
08-14-2006, 01:05 AM

Mario could have zero sacks, but if he continues to draw attention (and the occasional double team) that allows for our other defensive players to notch sacks, then yes, he'd have a successful season. chuckm's obvious point was that it's a bit early to form premature judgments of failure; given that he still has, I don't know, an entire career ahead of him?

It's fans like you that cause me to privately wish Reggie Bush breaks his kneecap and retires this year, and that he uses his 20+ million in guaranteed money and deity-esque charisma to go partner with Tom Benson and move the team out to L.A. Just my two pennies. Take FWIW. I'm off to bed.

texflex513
08-14-2006, 01:06 AM
Man your still here.....

Sorry about the Darko reference, but yall still got the ring Texflex.

Enough of my homer opinion though.

Yea the title was nice but it still hurts to draft a bust... from a pistons fan to a saints fan livesoft1192 i feel your pain lol.

Hutch13
08-14-2006, 01:15 AM

He'll be back in a week at least.

Anthony
08-14-2006, 01:20 AM
Hey Guys.

I just want to apologize for DieHard, and whoever else is coming over and giving you grief over nothing. I hate when people portray Saints fans and New Orleanian's in a poor manner. Most of us are rooting for our neighbors to do just as well as we hope to do, and a few people just don't get it. We're not in the same conference so there's no real reason to taunt you guys unless we have a game coming up. It's not like y'all are the Cowgirls or anything....

Saints fans, of all franchises, should be sympathetic to an inept front office. Furthermore, it's not like we have the most storied past to lean back on to be pointing fingers at others.

Just wanted to set the record straight. Most of us have no ill-will. Have a good, injury-free season, and we'll try to do the same.

texflex513
08-14-2006, 01:33 AM
Good luck with your season as well anthony.

cj5776
08-14-2006, 02:40 AM
That was classy, I'am going to have to tone down my die hard comments.

Just to get it out of my system... Mario had a whole lot more penatration than Bush had runs of more than 3 yards. Die Hard has to be from the only city that could not out run a storm that was started inAfricia! Sorry Anthony, I wish your team well.

Please don't ban Die Hard, I miss backwards hicks that always think they're right. I get homestick just reading his posts.

Insideop
08-14-2006, 03:05 AM
Hey Guys.

I just want to apologize for DieHard, and whoever else is coming over and giving you grief over nothing. I hate when people portray Saints fans and New Orleanian's in a poor manner. Most of us are rooting for our neighbors to do just as well as we hope to do, and a few people just don't get it. We're not in the same conference so there's no real reason to taunt you guys unless we have a game coming up. It's not like y'all are the Cowgirls or anything....

Saints fans, of all franchises, should be sympathetic to an inept front office. Furthermore, it's not like we have the most storied past to lean back on to be pointing fingers at others.

Just wanted to set the record straight. Most of us have no ill-will. Have a good, injury-free season, and we'll try to do the same.

Nice post Anthony and the best of luck to you and the Saints this year! :redtowel:

Hutch13
08-14-2006, 03:14 AM
Hey Guys.

Nice post and best of luck to you and the saints:redtowel:

cbnjwill
08-14-2006, 03:20 AM
i would have to give him an incomplete. he didnt do anything to be graded on