PDA

View Full Version : Moving Forward

veazeyt
08-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Plenty has been said about the first preseason games.... But I want to look forward a little bit with the little data that we have.

I think the texans had a very strong outing with room to improve. And I have been thinking that our season opener would be a Win. But The Eagles also played well with what they had. So this worries me a little a bit as a Texans fan.

So I eagerlay await to see how both teams perform in their next preseason games!!!

Any predictions? Or are we still just stuck on Mario vs Bush comparisons?

TexanBacker93
08-13-2006, 04:59 PM
I would like to see the Texans jump out to a 21-3 lead against the Rams and then let their 3rd string QB lead an improbable comeback scoring 10 points in the final minute. Of course, a game like that would have to come from a Hollywood script.

In the past, the Rams would be a great team to test our secondary against. Linehan is running a more balanced offense, though, so it will be interesting to see what kind of looks they give.

I look forward to the Broncos game the most. We should see the 1st team O and D get the most time in that game plus the rosters get trimmed to 65 after the game so there should be some guys playing for a job.

veazeyt
08-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Well, The Broncos game opens up alot of cans of worms. With half of the Bronco staff now on the Texans team. It be will interesting to see how the coaches play call. Unfortunately, it's preseason so there wont be very many chess match manuvering. Regardless, FUN!

tulexan
08-13-2006, 05:39 PM
I think the Broncos game should be interesting.

There is going to be so much bootlegging going on that you will think we are in Tennessee in the 20's.

edo783
08-13-2006, 06:31 PM
There is going to be so much bootlegging going on that you will think we are in Tennessee in the 20's.

That's funny!

Wolf
08-13-2006, 06:38 PM
IMO we have a good preseason schedule..

got Chiefs and their high powered offense.. we get the rams with steven Jackson and Mario goes against one (if not THE) of the best LT in Pace and then the Broncos and their bootlegs (we want to go with an agressive defense yet bootlegs are good for teams that are agressive.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Houston 17 Phily Cheese Steaks 10 Only thing I do not want to see is Jabar Gaffney scoring on us after we let Phily pick him up......:shades:

WILLIEG
08-13-2006, 07:15 PM
I believe offensively that we will be alright, however, it's the middle of the defense that worries me a little and our secondary. We all know that Bulger can open the passing game, but know trhey seem to be running the ball more. Sure hope our DT's are ready along with our secondary as a whole.

Wolf
08-13-2006, 07:26 PM
I know we got burned in middle of line, but I don't know. I feel we will be alright.. we have many combos to work with Smith,Payne,Kalu, williams(can move inside),TJ,weaver (had a bad game also).. we will work out the combo's , I feel

Doug
08-13-2006, 08:25 PM
I am really looking forward to the Denver game. I think it will be alot of fun. A big family reunion! LOL

Historyhorn
08-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Run defense looks like it could be a huge issue for us. Granted, KC tends to gash most folks that they play, but we've got to find some answers on the interior line, because our DT's were getting pretty much pushed back on every play.

I think some adjustments can be made, but against elite rushing attacks, we could have our hands full.

Go Texans

edo783
08-13-2006, 10:02 PM
I am really looking forward to the Denver game. I think it will be alot of fun. A big family reunion! LOL

They are playing it up on Denver TV as a big deal with Kubes Vs. Shanny. Should be a real test.