PDA

View Full Version : I wanted to say THANKS!!!!

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:04 AM
I had to stop by and say THANK YOU!

We are still stunned that yall passed up on Bush for Mario Williams, but we are so very appreciative.

We certainly hope it works out for you guys. But I can't believe I just watched Kyle Turley man-handle your boy Mario. He was pan-caking the guy for goodness sakes. I wonder what Mario will do against someone who has actually played in the past two years? Yikes...

I see yall are already calling conspiracy againt ESPN and everybody else, but it is just the truth. There is nothing Mario Williams will ever do that will make anyone understand what in the heck Casserly was thinking when he passed on Bush.

It's too bad for the fans. I mean the guy bails on you after he makes the pick. That's pretty low.

Well anyway, we just wanted to say thanks. We are really enjoying having Reggie on our team. He's looking great!

Sincerly,
Saints Fans

WildBlackBear32
08-13-2006, 10:06 AM
You are going to last long.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:07 AM
What? I'm just saying Thank You.

We couldn't be happier.

aj.
08-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Please cite the play(s) - game clock time and quarter - where you saw Turley "pancake" Mario. I'm re-watching my DVR recording of the game right now - wearing out my remote as I >> and << so this will help me see what you saw.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Just go watch ESPN, they highlight it quick nicely.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
08-13-2006, 10:10 AM

We are still stunned that yall passed up on Bush for Mario Williams, but we are so very appreciative.

We certainly hope it works out for you guys. But I can't believe I just watched Kyle Turley man-handle your boy Mario. He was pan-caking the guy for goodness sakes. I wonder what Mario will do against someone who has actually played in the past two years? Yikes...

I see yall are already calling conspiracy againt ESPN and everybody else, but it is just the truth. There is nothing Mario Williams will ever do that will make anyone understand what in the heck Casserly was thinking when he passed on Bush.

It's too bad for the fans. I mean the guy bails on you after he makes the pick. That's pretty low.

Well anyway, we just wanted to say thanks. We are really enjoying having Reggie on our team. He's looking great!

Sincerly,
Saints Fans
I'll talk to you in 2 or 3 years win bush is done and Mario is just getting started. Like I said in another thread you posted get your facts right and then come back to the TEXANS MB.

phantom17
08-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Your welcome! We did you a service by giving you a glorified slash player! Now pls get lost dumb AINT's fan!:superman:

tulexan
How many touchdowns did Bush get? Better yet, how many touchdowns did the Saints get as a result of Bush?

WildBlackBear32
Please cite the play(s) - game clock time and quarter - where you saw Turley "pancake" Mario. I'm re-watching my DVR recording of the game right now - wearing out my remote as I >> and << so this will help me see what you saw.

I believe he is talking about the ONE play where Mario came in too high and Turley shruged him down to his knees. Then he tried to recover and Turley hit him before he could regain his balance.

afcman
You're welcome.

It's preseason so there isn't anything to go on but...I still say we should have gotten Bush. I'm SO glad we didn't get Young.

But I don't think the Titans will make the same mistake with Young that the Falcons have made with Vick.

Bamaborn-Texasbred

Sounds like you are dodging the question to me. I was there last night and don't recall seeing a pancake block.

aj.
08-13-2006, 10:12 AM
So you're basing this all on one ESPN highlight?

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:12 AM
How many touchdowns did Bush get? Better yet, how many touchdowns did the Saints get as a result of Bush?

How many tackles did Mario have? Oh yeah, he had 1/2 of one. That's a start. That's something to build on guys.

mexican_texan
08-13-2006, 10:13 AM
I'm watching the game again, right now, and the only play where I can clearly see Mario, he goes around T. Gonzalez and the RT easily. I also don't remember any runs to Mario's side.

We're going to see these threads all the time throughout the season.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
08-13-2006, 10:14 AM
your a TROLL go way with no facts to back it up.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
Oh, and I did see Bush get straightened up and dropped by a defensive back! I don't think Bush will play the whole season. He is going to dance his way right into a torn acl or mcl or both. Maybe a concussion. or two

V Man

I saw the one where Mario slipped to his hands and knees (and maybe Turley helped him), but it was no pancake. Being a Saints fan maybe you won't see one for a while (since your two best linemen are playing for someone else this year) but is when a linemen knocks the defender on his butt, not even the defender falls foward.

PS- congrats on Bush, he will should be a great player for the LA Saints in a few years.

WildBlackBear32
08-13-2006, 10:15 AM
I wonder what the over/under on this thread still being alive and this poster still being around is, in minutes?? I'll say...20.

phantom17
I'll talk to you in 2 or 3 years win bush is done and Mario is just getting started. Like I said in another thread you posted get your facts right and then come back to the TEXANS MB.

Yeah, by then your team will be the L.A. AINTS!:drool:

Honoring Earl 34
:tease: Our sixth round pick rushed for the same yards as your 60 million dollar back .

tulexan
Bush is going to be a Warrick Dunn/Tiki Barber type back. He is going to pile on a bunch of yards, but not score touchdowns.

yourfavoritetexan42

We couldn't be happier.

maybe we can give reggie bush another preseason heisman trophy? wait no...that should go to wali lundy...he had a touchdown on top of the same stats as reggie bush.

mexican_texan
We have a sixth-round pick and undrafted Running backs that played as well, or better, than his holyness. :ok:

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Oh, and I did see Bush get straightened up and dropped by a defensive back! I don't think Bush will play the whole season. He is going to dance his way right into a torn acl or mcl or both. Maybe a concussion. or two

We'll see, I hope he's more durable than Deuce has been. I certainly wouldn't wish injuries on anyone. I hope Mario plays all season. He may turn out to be a very good NFL DE. We'll see.

Hulk75
08-13-2006, 10:18 AM
It never happened, out of a 1 to 10 I would give him a 7.

He was always in the spot he should have been in while the play was going on, force the ball back towards Demeco and company, thats what he did.

(media and some people)Dont grade this guy on stats, after one little preseason game, lets see what he does in a full meaningfull game 1st.

aj.
08-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah, let's compare Bush's best highlight with Mario's worst - then stick out our tongues and say nanny nanny boo boo - after one-half on the first preseason game. Some of these Saints trolls are in stiff competition with the Jags trolls for their tendency to feed on carrion.

I was about to say - for the stats lovers, compare an unknown six round draft pick's performance with the second player selected overall. I'll take Lundy's performance last night over highlight boy any time.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:19 AM
I don't understand why yall aren't mad at Casserly. I mean do yall seriously agree with the pick?

gwallaia
08-13-2006, 10:21 AM
I don't understand why yall aren't mad at Casserly. I mean do yall seriously agree with the pick?

The Mario over Bush debate has been going on for months on this message board. Please search those threads to answer your question.

WildBlackBear32
08-13-2006, 10:21 AM
(media and some people)Dont grade this guy on stats, after one little preseason game, lets see what he does in a full meaningfull game 1st.

People who don't know **** about football will only look at stats. It's quite hilarious and simple to sort out the simpletons from those who know what they are talking about.

aj.
08-13-2006, 10:24 AM

Please educate yourself before continuing to post here. Otherwise you're wasting our time and hard drive space and making yourself look stupid.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
08-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Thats what I mean when I tell you to Get Your Facts. You dont have a clue.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Please educate yourself before continuing to post here. Otherwise you're wasting our time and hard drive space and making yourself look stupid.

Who was responsible for the pick? I remember Casserly saying it was his decision. I don't know what happened behind the scenes though. Educate me....I'm listening.

afcman

No I didn't agree and I'm glad he's not the GM anymore. Should have been fired more than a year ago. I still can't believe he was allowed to pick THIS year.

Hardcore Texan
What I don't get is where do these trolls get the energy for this crap.

Why don't you read up on your own team, get more educated, learn more about the scheme and assignments, spend your energy on something positive. Instead of coming on to the Texans board and fishing for an argument......besides Mario was the better pick and yes a lot of fans here agree with it.

Next. Move on.

If you are really so happy with the Reggie Bush pick for the Saints.....go live in bliss.

FILO_girl

Sincerly,
Saints Fans

LMAO!
While you are sitting there, tell me how many times your miracle player found the endzone? May want to send that kid out with a compass next game.

Reading around the 'net today has been funny. RB has alot of the headlines, we are getting knocked for Mario being not much of a contributor in the first game of the year, and no one wants to commend Lundy for his awesome first ever pro game. Thats OK, we are used to not being media darlings.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Guy I'm just having a little fun. Yes, I will go back to my Saints board and yall will never see me outside this thread. I promise.

I do wish yall a good season.

I did seriously want to know what's the story on the Casserly pick, but it sounds like that is a dead horse that has been beat to hell around here. So, I'll leave it alone.....unless someone wants to tell me.

tulexan
08-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Who was responsible for the pick? I remember Casserly saying it was his decision. I don't know what happened behind the scenes though. Educate me....I'm listening.

Kubiak made the pick not Casserly. Casserly basically lost all of his power in December when McNair brought in Reeves to evaluate the roster and the organization.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Kubiak made the pick not Casserly. Casserly basically lost all of his power in December when McNair brought in Reeves to evaluate the roster and the organization.

Wow. That's a pretty risky move for a 1st year coach coming into a new organization.

Did Reeves have input on the pick? What was his opinion?

afcman
08-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Bush will be gone in less than 10 yrs (maybe less).

The one to watch is Jay Cutler.

Hardcore Texan
08-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Guy I'm just having a little fun. Yes, I will go back to my Saints board and yall will never see me outside this thread. I promise.

I do wish yall a good season.

I did seriously want to know what's the story on the Casserly pick, but it sounds like that is a dead horse that has been beat to hell around here. So, I'll leave it alone.....unless someone wants to tell me.

Not very good a sticking to your promise. Just when you were seeming credible.

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=26296

post #18 & # 20

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Bush will be gone in less than 10 yrs (maybe less).

The one to watch is Jay Cutler.

Yea, RBs lifespan in the NFL is very short.

I'm with ya on Cutler. He does look good.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Not very good a sticking to your promise. Just when you were seeming credible.

No, I had already made those posts, before I started this thread. Honestly.

I'm true to my word, I won't post outside of this thread.

GrandPa
08-13-2006, 10:40 AM
To all you guys comparing Lundy to Bush based on this game is just plain stupidity...

Bush will be a featured back, Lundy will be a fill in at best...

Ya'll kept saying Bush will do nothing in the NFL cause it has much better and faster players than he was used to seeing, well Bushs 44 yard run looked an awful lot like what he did in college...

He made ESPN's top 10 plays of the day, (#5)

They did mention Mario, they said he had "trouble on the field"...

And don't complain about us TEXAN fans that are angry about the pick and think it was the stupidest move management could have made...

ya'll say Lundy did this, Lundy did that, imagine what Reggie would have done with those holes...

Yeah I am angry, yes I am going to complain everytime Bush puts up numbers and Mario is anything but Super, it is my right as a TEXANS fan to complain when management makes a monumental blunder with a freaking #1 pick...

And I am not a Saints troll, I was at the game, field level, section 107 row AA...

I could not care less about the Saints except that they have the RB that I should be rooting for every week...

Mario Williams: 1 assist
Reggie Bush: 6-59-0 2-10-0

See ya after the next game with updates...

afcman
08-13-2006, 10:43 AM
it is my right as a TEXANS fan to complain when management makes a monumental blunder with a freaking #1 pick...

+1. Bush could have at least run us out of trouble at times.

jerek
08-13-2006, 10:45 AM
So you're basing this all on one ESPN highlight?

That's how you have to grade Reggie Bush: frequency count of ESPN highlights.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:45 AM
My point is that if I was a Texans fan, I would be livid at management(now that I know that it wasn't Casserly's decision). I was honestly wanting to know how Texans fans felt about it, and if they were livid or if they were supporting the pick.

the wonger need food
08-13-2006, 10:47 AM

Sincerly,
Saints Fans

You're welcome. Now will you take back all the New Orleans scumbags that are still living off of FEMA and committing crimes all around our city.

phantom17
08-13-2006, 10:49 AM
You're welcome. Now will you take back all the New Orleans scumbags that are still living off of FEMA and committing crimes all around our city.

Maybe he's one of them!:shades:

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 10:50 AM

Yeah, I should really be thanking yall for that. Hopefully your state's justice system will take care of them much better than our corupted one.

infantrycak
08-13-2006, 10:50 AM
just plain stupidity...

Ya'll

stupidest

ya'll .

Aah, the juxtaposition--and the apostrophe goes where when making a contraction?--that's right--where no letters are omitted.

Something is plain--IT IS Y'ALL.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
08-13-2006, 10:52 AM
GrandPa Your position I can respect BECAUSE you are a TEXAN fan. I understand you wanted Bush so be it. It's the Trolls from the 'ant and tacks most of us have a problem with thay bring there smack to our MB thinking we are not going to defend our team or player or FO? WRONG most will back our team 110% 24/7 no matter what because thay are OUR TEAM thats why we log on everyday.

afcman
08-13-2006, 10:53 AM

Yeah! They're in Lubbock too. NOBODY wanted them to begin with. I was at one of the stores the day they got their money. It was awful. All they did was buy junk food and complain.

CMoak1982
08-13-2006, 10:55 AM
I personally wanted Mario before the combine, I don't post here that often I just like to read other people's perspective, but I've supported Mario on ESPN boards for a while now, I prefer this board now because of less crap talking and more football talk. Mario did what he was supposed to do last night in limited playing time, constantly doubled and constantly pushing two people back. DE need time to set up their moves and with more plays he will dominate, our defense played well last night with the exception for the second offensive drive for the chiefs, we had some missed tackles and out of place a little but overall we had an excellent game. When Babin or Peek or either DT start getting more penetration is when Mario will excel. He will not be defeated by one guy and when the others take the double off of him is when he is going to make plays.

Lundy did have an excellent game, and as for Bush doing something with the same holes, I highly doubt it, he is not the kind of back who is going to hit the hole hard, he's going to dance in the back field and break it outside, the only thing I can say is if that was Dunta instead of PacMan Bush would of been knocked out. I'm happy with our crew of backs and the overall play of our defense.

TheCD
08-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah I am angry, yes I am going to complain everytime Bush puts up numbers and Mario is anything but Super, it is my right as a TEXANS fan to complain when management makes a monumental blunder with a freaking #1 pick...

I understand your frustration, and that's fine and dandy. But if you're upset with the fact that we passed on Bush you should take that out on Kubiak. He's the man who made the pick on the basis that our running scheme doesn't need a 1st overall, star-quality, ESPN highlight machine-type player. He's told players already on our team to stop with the multiple cuts...why would he want a player notorious for such actions?

Bush doesn't fit into our scheme and he never will as long as Kubiak is here. Whether you like the decision or not, I'm glad Kubiak had the foresight to understand that, as an offensive-minded coach, it's easier to work with less talented player on his side of the ball than the other way around. So instead of being against the fact that we passed on the "messiah" of running backs, be glad that we have an extremely intellegent coach who's going to do wonders for our franchise.

If you're upset about us not picking Bush...then logically you should be upset about us hiring Gary Kubiak (A coach that, as previously mentioned, is known for RBC's and late-draft successes who doesn't need a star for his system to work). If you wanted Reggie Bush, you wanted a different head coach...end of story.

Hutch13
08-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Will someone just ban him yet? There is gunna be a ton of these "trolls" this year.

Johnny Utah
08-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Wow. That's a pretty risky move for a 1st year coach coming into a new organization.

Did Reeves have input on the pick? What was his opinion?

Lundy's game highlights why Kubiak didn't select Bush. He can have an effective running game with just about any average runningback.

But Mario Williams is going to have to turn into a probowl player or else the Texans are going to look like idiots. Bush is going to be a star.

afcman
08-13-2006, 11:15 AM
There is gunna be a ton of these "trolls" this year.

There wouldn't be if it weren't for our history.

buddyroe
08-13-2006, 11:55 AM
obviously we were not watching the same game, Reggie Bush a star yeah maybe as a kick returner, now Lundy showed that he belonged at his positon and he has the capability to be consistant, where Bush showed he has the capability to break a big play against a defense that didn't gaurd the back side but was not impressive with set running plays nor did he show any signs of consistancy. One big run does not make for a consistant game and certainly not star running back material. But he will be one hell of a kick returner.

FILO_girl
08-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Guy I'm just having a little fun.

Are you posting at me? If you are, don't let the GIRL in FILOgirl fool you. :rolleyes:
You came to cause trouble, and there are many on here sick of the RB circus that just won't go away, myself included. He is yours, cherish him but don't come here and mess with us over it. Are we on your board dissing on him? The majority of the Bush backers have come to terms with the choice we made, and the few who can't get passed that need to quit posting their denial and go get counselling or switch teams. Enough already!

If you want the skinny on how our off season went, research this site. There is tons for you to read up on about the past debacle over our draft. Lighting the fire under the Draft cauldron is no way to make friends here. :stirpot:

Napa Auto Parts
08-13-2006, 12:02 PM

Sincerly,
Saints Fans

Your welcome you wont find me making excuses like other so called fans/homers

DRAMA
08-13-2006, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I should really be thanking yall for that. Hopefully your state's justice system will take care of them much better than our corupted one.

Yo...there's no need to leave this board. That's what it is - a board. Most of us all wanted Bush.....or Young and will be mad if Bush does well.

No big deal - here's to a good season of ribbing each other. But, if Bush goes off for 215 yards and 3 TD's in a week, I'll be cleaning my house or something.... :redtowel:

Honoring Earl 34
08-13-2006, 04:15 PM
:eek: What kinda turf does the Super Dome have anyhow? How about Atlanta , even the latest and greatest is not good for your knees .

TexansFanatic
08-13-2006, 04:31 PM
It's amazing to me how a team that's done nothing but suck for 40 years can still find fans who will talk trash.

GuerillaBlack
08-13-2006, 04:56 PM
No, I had already made those posts, before I started this thread. Honestly.

I'm true to my word, I won't post outside of this thread.

And that's a damn lie :francis:.

DRAMA
08-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Geez, let's crucify the guy for pumping up his player. I thought this is where we ALL talk trash and such....

If this board becomes a utopia...watch out.

Sincerely,

V

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-13-2006, 05:14 PM

We couldn't be happier.

LOL! You come here pretending to be all sincere, yet bash Mario. And expect us to take you for your word? Get real!

Be careful of pride before the fall. You never know what will happen.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Give me a break BUSH is a joke, just like the other 90% of Heisman Trophy winners complete failures, Andre Ware, Eric Crouch, Ricky Williams etc.... please don't make me pull out the list of Heisman Flops......Bush is hardly going to be able to keep up with the NFL his new legal scam at USC and his house has the FBI on his tale, see if he can out run them...............Please come back to this post and refresh yourself at the end of the season Saints fans............But I am glad that you Saints fans are happy with him, and love your players, as we do here in Houston.......Anyway I hope he has a great season.....I wish all the first round draft picks success..

Tulip
08-13-2006, 05:22 PM
To respond to the OP: you're welcome. I'm still glad the Texans didn't pick Bush. A running back, especially in this draft, just wasn't worth a #1 pick or #1 contract.

BattleRedRaider
08-13-2006, 05:29 PM

Sincerly,
Saints Fans

Texans fans at the end of the year: :whoohoo: :woot:

Saints fans at the end of the year: :Tumblewee :violin

Doom Capers
08-13-2006, 05:39 PM
:tease: Our sixth round pick rushed for the same yards as your 60 million dollar back .

Hahaha, so true. And our 6th round pick isn't a ********.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-13-2006, 05:44 PM
People who don't know **** about football will only look at stats. It's quite hilarious and simple to sort out the simpletons from those who know what they are talking about.
:) Yep. That's how trolls think. The get rich quick mentality. The simpleton. Lets say that R. Bush gets career 12,000 yards (M. Allen) and jukes like Marshall Falk -- but no championship. What will N.O. fans be saying then? The Texans are builing a championship team. Not player.

I prefer a Terrell Davis running back to a Barry Sanders. I prefer a Shawn Alexander/Tiki Barber than I do a Marshall Falk. They are more durable. More consistent. Less erratic and flashy. And both Alexander and Barber are not *just* power-backs. They also have great evasive moves. Which is what I look for in a RB. I do NOT like powerbacks that only bull-rush the scrimmage line, either (E. Campbell). Sorry, but I think that depending on that type of back is just a limiting as depending on a flashy "juke" player like Bush. Need a power-back only? Send in your FULL BACK. That's what they are for.

Yes, it's true. My all time favorite RB is Terrell Davis (short career, but incredible running). Terrell Davis was a combination of Emmitt's scrimmage-line technique (hitting the gaps) and Campbell power.

Time will tell if Wali Lundy can be a Alexander/Tiki Barber type RB. But I'm happy with his type of style.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 06:11 PM
And that's a damn lie :francis:.

No it's not. Look at the times of the posts. :whip:

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 06:18 PM
LOL! You come here pretending to be all sincere, yet bash Mario. And expect us to take you for your word? Get real!

Be careful of pride before the fall. You never know what will happen.

I wasn't bashing your boy, I was speaking the truth. Did he or did he not have trouble with a guy who hasn't been in the NFL for the past two years? Heck I was disappointed, I was expecting a lot more than that.

BattleRedRaider
08-13-2006, 06:26 PM
I wasn't bashing your boy, I was speaking the truth. Did he or did he not have trouble with a guy who hasn't been in the NFL for the past two years? Heck I was disappointed, I was expecting a lot more than that.

Had trouble? When?

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-13-2006, 06:28 PM

Did you watch the game? Or did you watch the ESPN highlights?

Wolf
08-13-2006, 06:45 PM
this is what gets me.. say the Saints played the Texans yesterday.. Bush gets the ball to the left (Mario's side) and then reverses field and heads 45 yards to the right.. ..What that means is Mario did his job and sealed off the left side and made Bush reverse direction.. and that would mean the backside did not keep that blocked off..

This would mean Mario did his job and others didn't

I am not discrediting Bush..very Marcus Allen like on the reverse field.. but bad angles taken by defense (and every DC that is playing the Saints this year has taken notice of Bush's talents on that play)..

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Boy do I hate to side with the fan on this one but, can we be honest for a few minutes?

MW DID NOT have a great game yesterday!
RB was NOT much better. But in terms of can he make the leap from college to pros...and going PURELY on what we saw yesterday...Bush has at least IMO shown that he can make that jump. MW has yet to prove that he can handle the responsibility of being #1.

And yes I KNOW it was 2 series and 1 quarter...but that is all we have to go on right now and all we have to talk about.

I think the Aint's fan should take his butt back to Nawleans too! But if we are going to have this discussion, let's AT LEAST be honest on both sides of the issue!
That's true. The N.O. troll that speaks the "truth" is only looking at the short term. That's what they do. They do not look long term. They only take the obvious...example...

"R. Bush ran for 45 yards in one run!" -- Translation: He's a God now and forever!

"MW got only one assist tackle." -- Translation. He's a bust now and will be forever!

Then, when you question primise of the troll...you get replies like this...

"Hey, I only speak the truth!"

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 07:11 PM
I was just expecting more that's all. No need to kill the troll.

I mean honestly, didn't you expect Mario to play much better than that against Turley?

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Don't get me wrong....I WANT Mario Williams to be good. I was really just suprised to see him having trouble with Turley.

I wanted to know what Texans fans felt about that. Honestly, I'm still in shock that we actually got Bush. Yes, we are a lowly franchise who have endured years of pain and torment and only enjoyed a single playoff win. That's why it's so amazing. Something actually went out way for once.

Everyone is always saying, "Man Texans fans must be pissed." I was just curious if they were.

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 07:37 PM
I do honestly feel bad for you guys. I mean, it doesn't matter what MW does, the media will always compare him to Bush and there is nothing a DE can do that would ever "outshine" a RB.

I certainly do hope he turns out to be a force on your D. He's gotta be.

I have gotten a couple of negative rep points, but they were probably deserved. I was just poking fun.

bigtex77
08-13-2006, 07:40 PM
To all you guys comparing Lundy to Bush based on this game is just plain stupidity...

Bush will be a featured back, Lundy will be a fill in at best...

Ya'll kept saying Bush will do nothing in the NFL cause it has much better and faster players than he was used to seeing, well Bushs 44 yard run looked an awful lot like what he did in college...

He made ESPN's top 10 plays of the day, (#5)

They did mention Mario, they said he had "trouble on the field"...

And don't complain about us TEXAN fans that are angry about the pick and think it was the stupidest move management could have made...

ya'll say Lundy did this, Lundy did that, imagine what Reggie would have done with those holes...

And I am not a Saints troll, I was at the game, field level, section 107 row AA...

I could not care less about the Saints except that they have the RB that I should be rooting for every week...

Mario Williams: 1 assist
Reggie Bush: 6-59-0 2-10-0

See ya after the next game with updates...

Hope not, I'm tired of the crying already.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-13-2006, 07:45 PM
I left for 1 hour and we are still on this same topic, like I said 90% of the Heisman winners are garbage..........period so you cannot compare bush to young, mario, to bush none of that.....let's see when the season kicks off what happens, and see if Reggie is hanging out with one of his other heisman trophy winners like Ricky Williams.....in a weed tent in dowtown New Orleans

GO TEXANS :redtowel: BURN THE BUSH

diehard1192
08-13-2006, 07:49 PM
So yall are pleased with Mario's first performance?

the wonger need food
08-13-2006, 07:58 PM

Are you happy with 1 playoff win in 50 years?

You are a fan of the worst NFL team in the history of the NFL. About the only place you can talk smack and get away with it is on the Lions board. Leon Bush isn't going to change any of that.

bigtex77
08-13-2006, 08:01 PM
I didn't really see where Mario played poorly, he got doubled a lot, from what I saw. Last time I checked that was a good thing, when it takes two people to block one, right? I was watching more than just Mario, so I must have missed the absolute domination by Turley. :sarcasm: Anyway, everyone on this board knows that if Mario goes for 3 sacks and 11 tackles against St. Louis, ESPN will be all over his ****, talking about how they knew he was the real deal. People should know how it works by now.

OzzO
08-13-2006, 08:18 PM

For being a rookie, in his first game, not any glaring issues, helping his team succeed AND win,... yep, I'm pretty pleased.

It was stated earlier, either by Mario or a coach (maybe I'll look for it later), something to the effect of don't look for Mario to come up with 10 sacks and 20 tackles a game - look for him to disrupt the opposing offense so that it improves the rest of the defense, that if you're looking for the previously mentioned numbers by him as one player, you may be disappointed.

I'm digging the Bronco / Pats format of team style the Texans seem to be creating vs. the "few star player" format that say, Colts / Falcons have.... not that there's anything wrong with that.

edit - oh, and I saw the highlight run of Bush. Is it me, or did he seem to not outrun the Titan defenders like he did in his college games? He did have a blocker, so that's one thing, but it's also like there was indecision on both sides of that play - the Titans not sure if they try to tackle to early, would there be that "burst of speed" and Reggie wondering when the tackle was gonna come? Maybe not, and not to dog Bush - but that's what it seemed like to me.

Smash_Mouth_Mario
08-13-2006, 09:51 PM

Did you hear anything that I said? Do you comprehend the words "Mario will get better?"

So, why do you ask if we are "pleased?" Dude! Listen to yourself.

Oh, yeah. Of course, we love it when our #1 pick comes in a just get one assist tackle so that the Trolls can come in here and talk trash (sarcasm). But, please, don't come in here pretending to be our friends (I wanted to say THANKS!) or act like this ONE game is the absolute assessment on Mario's whole career. I mean, come on! You come into the lions den. What do you expect?

:hunter: Troll hunting...