PDA

View Full Version : O-Line Vs Chiefs

Corrosion
08-13-2006, 02:31 AM
Ok , I didnt get to watch tonights game .... But I looked at the box score and see the Texans O-line gave up NO Sacks ..... those of you who did get to see the game , tell me how they looked as a unit and individually .

TexansLucky13
08-13-2006, 02:34 AM
Our 1st team provided decent run blocking and above average pass blocking. Also, our 2nd O-line team provided excellent blocking for both the pass and the run.

Notice that we got no sacks and 173 yards rushing. We almost got as many rushing yards as the Chiefs got in total yards (178).

I think this Zone Blocking system is better than we could have imagined.....

Corrosion
08-13-2006, 02:38 AM
Our 1st team provided decent run blocking and above average pass blocking. Also, our 2nd O-line team provided excellent blocking for both the pass and the run.

Notice that we got no sacks and 173 yards rushing. We almost got as many rushing yards as the Chiefs got in total yards (178).

I think this Zone Blocking system is better than we could have imagined.....

Can you list who was first and second team please ? .... Hope I can catch a re-run of the game .

TexansLucky13
08-13-2006, 02:42 AM
Can you list who was first and second team please ? .... Hope I can catch a re-run of the game .

They pretty much stayed true to this...

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depth_chart.php?section=TH%20Depth%20Chart

McKinney didn't play today, so that is one of the biggest changes. Salaam and Spencer got a chunk of playing time once the 1st team took to the sidelines. Kubiak also wanted to try out Winston some during the last half.

Anyone who was watching the O-line please sing out if there were any other major descrepencies... personally I was more focused on Wali Lundy. :jam:

Sarg01
08-13-2006, 04:01 AM
Ok , I didnt get to watch tonights game .... But I looked at the box score and see the Texans O-line gave up NO Sacks ..... those of you who did get to see the game , tell me how they looked as a unit and individually .

Not only were there no sacks, I don't recall seeing anything that looked like pressure in the neighborhood of any of our QBs.

mancunian
08-13-2006, 05:16 AM
I think we have to credit not just to Kubiak but Sherman too. Fine job so far. Lets see what next week brings, better still lets see how the oline fairs against a couple of good defences in Denver and Tampa.

infantrycak
08-13-2006, 09:02 AM
Not only were there no sacks, I don't recall seeing anything that looked like pressure in the neighborhood of any of our QBs.

There was one play when I believe Jared Allen drove Wand back close enough to grab the back of Carr's jersey--Carr stepped up and made the throw so no real interference with the play but he was getting close.

CowboysTexansFan
08-13-2006, 09:31 AM
I spent a lot of time watching Eric Winston. On the whole, I thought he played a good game against KC's third team. There were a couple of plays where he struggled. I remember one passing play in particular where the KC defensive end (#73) put a nice move of Winston and got by him almost instantly. Fortunately, Rosenfels had already gotten rid of the ball. If not, it would've been an easy sack.

I thought Spencer looked like a powerful road grader, but didn't spend as much time watching him.

AFD1717
08-13-2006, 03:21 PM
There was one play when I believe Jared Allen drove Wand back close enough to grab the back of Carr's jersey--Carr stepped up and made the throw so no real interference with the play but he was getting close.
Wand also got beat by the DE (maybe Allen again) on one of Carr's bootlegs for a first down. The DE came across the field and made the play on Carr. Again, not that big of a deal but the play would have gone for more if Wand had beat his man.

JohnGalt
08-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Wand also got beat by the DE (maybe Allen again) on one of Carr's bootlegs for a first down. The DE came across the field and made the play on Carr. Again, not that big of a deal but the play would have gone for more if Wand had beat his man.

Carr outran Allen to sideline and it was the cornerback that forced him out. At that point Allen was just chasing.

How fast he shucked Wand did bother me though.