PDA

View Full Version : Last Time Texans won preseason opener

BigDTexansFan
08-13-2006, 01:40 AM
2004 we beat Dallas Cowboys 18-0 and went onto a regular season record of 7-9, we lost 4 games by 9 points or less that season. We lost to Minnesota in OT, Colts by 9 points at home, Green Bay on Sunday Night game by 3 AND Cleveland game by 8 (would have assured a .500 season). I saw a ball control offense and an offensive line that didn't allow a sack and made holes for Lundy. I think we are going to be good this year :redtowel: :francis: :yahoo:

jerek
08-13-2006, 01:58 AM
2004 we beat Dallas Cowboys 18-0 and went onto a regular season record of 7-9, we lost 4 games by 9 points or less that season. We lost to Minnesota in OT, Colts by 9 points at home, Green Bay on Sunday Night game by 3 AND Cleveland game by 8 (would have assured a .500 season). I saw a ball control offense and an offensive line that didn't allow a sack and made holes for Lundy. I think we are going to be good this year :redtowel: :francis: :yahoo:

Actually, didn't we beat the Raiders to open preseason last year?

BigDTexansFan
08-13-2006, 02:08 AM
actually Oakland game was 2nd preseason game, we played Denver 1st game. Am I only one that noticed we played Kansas City and St Louis in 2005 season and now they are 1st two preseason opponents.

TexanSam
08-13-2006, 02:17 AM

Oh man that Cleveland game still brings back bad memories. The Texans played terrible that final game and the score doesn't reflect how lopsided the game really was. I guess it was a sign of things to come...

BigDTexansFan
08-13-2006, 02:20 AM
Oh man that Cleveland game still brings back bad memories. The Texans played terrible that final game and the score doesn't reflect how lopsided the game really was. I guess it was a sign of things to come...

I got to agree with you, I still have nightmares about it. BUT I think we can beat Cleveland again this season and with a winning season it makes it a little easier to bear