PDA

View Full Version : just got back from tonights game..

Ryan
08-13-2006, 12:06 AM
i have had season tickets since the texans existence and i never had once gone to a preseason game..so me and my dad decided to go.

The offensive scheming of kubiaks was very impressive. I like when David Carr did the misdirections and sprintouts, he is very quick on his feet and he can make things happen. Something i didnt see very ofteh last year was carr staying in the pocket and having some time to throw.

I wasnt too impressed with antwain smith, even though it is only preseason, i would like to see more. Wali Lundy did great out there, from the kickoff return at the beginning to the 9 carries that he had, even though he dropped a pass in the clear open.

Rosenfels did a very solid job..not as quick as david with his feet, but he passed well and it is nice to know that we might have a backup that we can rely on.

Mario Williams, not terribly impressive but he was pretty active out there for a while, he was in on a couple of tackles, even though he was covered pretty well...he will do alot better in the regular season:mario:

the atmosphere for this preseason game was very strong...people were into it just like during the reg. season, even though the main reason probably was for the season-ticket holders giving out tix to people who dont go to alot of games and they were probably excited..voerall a very impressive game..im ready for the regular season!!!!:superman:

NFLforher
08-13-2006, 12:29 AM
Thanks for your observations. I didn't get the game out here in Cali. That's why I get NFL ticket every year.

Ryan
08-13-2006, 12:50 AM
i would also like to add how nice it felt to see the ball get thrown deep downfield a couple of times...this will be a much more exciting offense to watch this year

im proud that joppru finally got in a game, i hope he can at least make the team