PDA

View Full Version : Mario sacks???

BroussardSaint
08-12-2006, 11:17 PM
How many Sacks did Mario get tonight?? I know ya'll had a thread about it. just wondering????

DefLord
08-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Honestly it is going to take time for MW to learn how to work through those double teams and etc.. This is his FIRST game so I'd give him time.. But the fact that he was double teamed shows how much respect the Chiefs have for him and his skills. He'll be fine!

HomeBred_Texan
08-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Honestly it is going to take time for MW to learn how to work through those double teams and etc.. This is his FIRST game so I'd give him time.. But the fact that he was double teamed shows how much respect the Chiefs have for him and his skills. He'll be fine!
He wasn't double teamed every play though. He did not get to put pressure on the QB and he did play DE AND Tackle positions. But being his 1st game against pros, I don't put any stock into it. He has to learn some moves to get around those guys. Time will tell...

Dime
08-12-2006, 11:26 PM
But with his help .. we did score 5 total sacks tonight... on none against.

DefLord
08-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Okay maybe most plays.. :)

But you're right - but I do expect him to get better!

phantom17
08-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Texans did have a total of 5 sacks! Super mario's presence will make the D great! Plus it takes a while for DE to develop & it's only his first pro game! We don't need Bush cuz we have Lundy 59 yds on 9 carries wit 1 TD, Taylor with 55 on 14 carries mostly running over people! Bush, on the other hand won't last running over anyone, & didn't even have a TD & Lundy is 6th rd pick, Taylor rookie free agent---Bush over priced part time playa!:mario: :fireball: :cowboy1:

Johnny Utah
08-12-2006, 11:33 PM
ESPN is already jumping on Mario...

"All eyes on Mario Williams, get used to it Houston fans.... for better or for worse."

They then went on to show him getting thrown down by Kyle Turley, and displaying that he only had one assisted tackle.

Brandon420tx
08-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Jevon Kearse was double & tripled his ENTIRE ROOKIE YEAR and he put up MONSTER NUMBERS!!!
Was Kearse on the left side or right side, it makes a difference when the QB see you coming and has a chance to evade *Gives other people sacks though*

Dime
08-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Good... under-estimate him

DefLord
08-12-2006, 11:35 PM
ESPN is already jumping on Mario...

"All eyes on Mario Williams, get used to it Houston fans.... for better or for worse."

They then went on to show him getting thrown down by Kyle Turley, and displaying that he only had one assisted tackle.

Good! Let them - then once the other teams start letting their guard down then that is when Super Mario can capitalize!

phantom17
08-12-2006, 11:41 PM
ESPN commentators are just total IDIOTS! I was not surprise one bit! It's just his first pro game ever. Being the first overall pick comes wit a BIG magnifying glass!

TheRealJoker
08-12-2006, 11:46 PM
So, Mario is now a bust based on 2 series of football?

WildBlackBear32
08-12-2006, 11:48 PM
So, Mario is now a bust based on 2 series of football?

Yup. Time to pack it in.

phantom17
08-12-2006, 11:48 PM
And yet as the second overall pick...Bush had minimal problems dealing with the MEDIUM magnifying glass?

And that's why those guys are the ones ON ESPN...cause they're idiots.

Speaking honestly about MW's performance tonight...doesn't make them idiots.

I think people here need to get over the fact that the Texans.........DID NOT pick Bush & move on. Mario will be just fine! I hope some you so called die hard Texans' fan won't start to call Mario a BUST cuz of one game, sheesh!!!:hunter: :chicken:

phantom17
08-12-2006, 11:51 PM
ESPN commentators last checked .......are still I.D.I.O.T.S.!!! Of course I'm a homer!:cool:

WildBlackBear32
08-12-2006, 11:51 PM
He just had a poor night tonight...what's wrong with being honest about it?

And by poor night, you mean poor two series? Such a large sample to deem something "poor".