PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo: Texans No. 1 pick Williams set for debut against Chiefs

Texan Asylum
08-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Didn't see this posted yet, but if it is...Mods, do your thing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chiefs-texans&prov=ap&type=lgns

Texans No. 1 pick Williams set for debut against Chiefs

By KRISTIE RIEKEN, AP Sports Writer
August 11, 2006

HOUSTON (AP) -- Mario Williams professes to not pay attention to the media hype surrounding him since the Houston Texans made him the first pick in the draft.

Newspaper articles? "I don't read the newspaper," he said.

Television and radio reports? "I don't watch TV and I don't listen to the radio."

But despite his aversion to virtually all media, the defensive end knows that all eyes will be on him on Saturday in the Texans first preseason game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

That doesn't mean he cares.

"I'm not here to focus on that," he said. "I'm not out there trying to be God. I'm just out there to be Mario and help the team out."

That no nonsense attitude is one reason why the Texans love the 6-foot-6, 293-pound rookie. That and his ferocity on the field and uncanny knack for getting into the backfield.

Coach Gary Kubiak has worked to help Williams avoid being overwhelmed by the expectations of being the first player chosen in the draft.

"I told him, 'Hey Mario, you just do your job. You are going to make everybody on this team better if you do your job well,"' Kubiak said...(cont)

Brandon420tx
08-12-2006, 05:25 PM
The only way I could smile more is if Williams had said "I'm just out there to be Super Mario and help the team out."

threetoedpete
08-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Nice post ty.

Str8tupg42k1
08-12-2006, 05:32 PM
The only way I could smile more is if Williams had said "I'm just out there to be Super Mario and help the team out."

You just read my mind:spy:
what am i thinking now?

Brandon420tx
08-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Your thinking, "I bet he doesn't know what I'm thinking now"

and now your thinking "OMG, thats creepy":cool:

Str8tupg42k1
08-12-2006, 06:57 PM
what's the lotto numbers and you got me convinced:shades:

Brandon420tx
08-12-2006, 06:58 PM
I can't do that, that'd be cheating and besides, our country depends on the money gained from the lotto in order to pay off our debts!