PDA

View Full Version : All 3 top picks play tonight - 2 vs. each other

OzzO
08-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Think there will be a few articles Sunday morning comparing all 3 in their game? :rolleyes:

Thanks to the preseason schedule, two of the first three picks in the April draft are making their own NFL debuts Saturday night when Bush and the Saints play their exhibition opener against Young and the Tennessee Titans.

"This is the next level," Bush said. "It's something we've all dreamed of as kids. It's something we wanted to grow up to be. So now we're getting our chance to do that, and we're happy to be here."...

...Deuce McAllister, coming off knee surgery, won't be playing for the Saints.

That means Bush, the No. 2 pick overall and the Heisman Trophy winner who shared the backfield at Southern California with White, likely will be the first of the trio on the field....

Billy Volek will make his debut as Tennessee's starting quarterback, replacing Steve McNair who was traded to Baltimore in June. Young, the No. 3 pick overall who combined for 467 yards offense in leading Texas over Bush's Trojans in the Rose Bowl, will play behind the starting offensive line in the second quarter and then the third quarter.

"I would like to see him pull the trigger with a sense of timing," Fisher said. "We all know he can pull down and run. I would like to see him draw back and execute the offense."

Young said he can't wait to take the field. He wants to win and prove that he's making progress.

"I was looking for a team. I finally got a team. I'm ready to play with these guys when the lights come on," he said.

The Titans drafted White after he fell into the second round where they took him with the 45th pick. He may not hit the field until the second half because he's been working behind Chris Brown and Travis Henry.

White said he and Bush have a friendly bet on the game, but he said it'll be difficult seeing his former teammate in a uniform different from his own....

"Reggie's still Reggie. He's great. It's the NFL. I know he's got a big target on his chest. Guys want to prove some points, but I have a lot of confidence in him. He's a good player," White said. "But I have a lot of confidence in my defense. I hope they tattoo him."

foxsports 8/12/06 (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5865376)

tulexan
08-12-2006, 11:07 AM
I think Reggie is in for a long season. That Saints OL rivals ours last year.