PDA

View Full Version : New Stadium in AZ

aggieNzona
08-11-2006, 11:55 PM
I am going to see the Steelers tomorrow and check out the new Cardinals Stadium. I'll through in a review but by all accounts it looks very impressive.

TexanSam
08-12-2006, 02:13 AM
From the outside it looks like a spaceship. They had a picture of it in yesterdays (Friday's) Chronicle. A very nice looking spaceship I might add.

texanfan2100
08-12-2006, 10:29 AM
I am going to see the Steelers tomorrow and check out the new Cardinals Stadium. I'll through in a review but by all accounts it looks very impressive.

The retractable field looks cool. Hey, their grass is gonna be GREEN when they play on it. What a novel idea.

aggieNzona
08-13-2006, 07:12 PM
My review, The stadium is nice the two best things are the retractable field the grass looks great and held up well, the idea that it stays outside all week and then comes in is brilliant and it makes the stadium more useful for other events. The other thing I liked was the roof it is translucent kinda like the Astrodome before they painted the glass. Very light and airy feeling. Only the Cards could build a scoreboard w/ no score? The big endzone board is video and game clock only, no score no down and distance, that is on the other scoreboard which was behind me. Lines & Traffic where bad. As for the game the Cards may be a suprise this year. Warner was sharp. Edge looked like every Card running back every, no place to run. Big Ben also looks un affected by his accident.

gwallaia
08-13-2006, 07:14 PM
At what time on game day is the field rolled in? Or is it rolled in the night before?

Tulip
08-13-2006, 07:15 PM
The traffic may improve soon. I remember the first Texans preseason game in 2002 - the traffic was horrific. The stadium and Metro just didn't know how to handle it yet. But everything improved by the next week. The kinks of a new stadium just need some trial and error to work themselves out.