PDA

View Full Version : Need Wali Lundi Info Please

fastpitchwoof
08-11-2006, 09:13 AM
I watched the Texans on Inside training camp Wednesday night and I was impressed with what little I saw of Wali Lundy. I know it was not full tackling and all of that but I sensed some quickness and burst through the holes. I have also read somewhere that he had fumble problems in college.

Help me out here. How good can this guy be? He seems to be similar to DD but maybe a little quicker. I am stuck up here (Canton Texas area) in
Cowboy (cough, hack, weeze) country so I don't get much Texans talk around here.

threetoedpete
08-11-2006, 12:25 PM
He's in the mix. Good stuff on the camp updates and roster threads.

jerek
08-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Was being worked in at KR and took a lot of second team reps in camp. I believe he is slated to play this Saturday; keep an eye out. I'm not really high on his potential as a starting HB but we'll have a much better idea after we see him in the game.

ocd
08-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Special teams...where all the hidden gems of the NFL lie.

Meloy
08-11-2006, 12:57 PM
From what I have read, he seems to fit the Kubiac system for an RB. DD is a proven commodity. Morency is a DD clone and seems to be changing his jitter bugging run style to the one cut and then up the field that Kubes insists on. A. Smith is more of a power back and the type of player I've wanted for a first and goal type back or when you need 2 or less yds for a first down. I see Smith as a good asset. Lundy will fall in among the other contenders and Saturday hopefully will give us a taste of his skills.

Texans_Chick
08-11-2006, 03:15 PM
We don't know what we have with any of the running backs in the system really. They all have strengths and weaknesses.

Gotta get the pads on and see how they do under live fire. :redtowel:

Coach C.
08-11-2006, 03:35 PM
A. SMith, Lundy, and Rhodes will go tomorrow so you will see him then. He is a solid running back, that is quick and has good balance.