PDA

View Full Version : Who will play Saturday night?

Texanfan4ever
08-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Does anyone have a feel on how long everyone will play? I know the 1st string never plays long in pre-season, but since our system and half of our players are new, does anyone know what they will do?

the wonger need food
08-10-2006, 07:47 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2737&section=N%20Latest%20News

Game plan: With 86 players on the roster Kubiak and staff have figured out a way to get a look at every individual on Saturday. Starters will play the first quarter and a select few will play the entire first half. Number two offense and defense will play throughout the second and third quarters, while the threes will take the field during the fourth quarter and possibly the end of the third.

TexanSam
08-10-2006, 08:18 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2737&section=N%20Latest%20News

Game plan: With 86 players on the roster Kubiak and staff have figured out a way to get a look at every individual on Saturday. Starters will play the first quarter and a select few will play the entire first half. Number two offense and defense will play throughout the second and third quarters, while the threes will take the field during the fourth quarter and possibly the end of the third.

I'm glad we get to see the starters longer. In the Hall of Fame game, the 1st team played only one drive, so to play a quarter is a little better.

the wonger need food
08-10-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm glad we get to see the starters longer. In the Hall of Fame game, the 1st team played only one drive, so to play a quarter is a little better.

New system and lots of new faces equals a lot more playing time in the preseason.

hollywood_texan
08-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Kubiak on the Preseason episode played on the NFL Network said that they are ate the point now that they just need to run plays on the offense that the guys know the best. Meaning, they haven't mastered the entire new offense yet.

I took that is this is a long work in process.

Texanfan4ever
08-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Thanks Wonger, knew someone would know and that process makes sense to me. I just assumed they would play longer than a series. Glad to hear it!

Now all we need is for everyone to show up and cheer those guys on!!!:yahoo: :wherewill :fireball:

The Pencil Neck
08-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Kubiak on the Preseason episode played on the NFL Network said that they are ate the point now that they just need to run plays on the offense that the guys know the best. Meaning, they haven't mastered the entire new offense yet.

I took that is this is a long work in process.

Yeah, we're not going to see this O really get to moving until after the first quarter of the season.