PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season Game One Predictions and What surprises will come out

Dime
08-10-2006, 04:31 PM
My prediction
KC 10
HOU 22

And my surprise of the game:

Wali and Chris Taylor break out in this game. Wali has a long TD run with a break away, and Taylor becomes someone we want starting if DD is down.

Brandon420tx
08-10-2006, 04:33 PM
I believe I read an article on the Texans Website that they plan on mostly using 2 RBs this game and then 2 different ones the next game so they get more reps per game.... So Wali or Chris might not even play *Sorry to burst your bubble*

Dime
08-10-2006, 04:37 PM
The coach had said the three he planned on using (initially, could have changed his mind) was Smith, Wali, and Taylor (this is if DD was out)

TexansLucky13
08-10-2006, 04:40 PM
The coach had said the three he planned on using (initially, could have changed his mind) was Smith, Wali, and Taylor (this is if DD was out)

I cannot wait to see Antowain carrying a football for the Texans. Truely, in my mind, an awesome moment. Besides that, I feel that it is important for us to use Lundy as much as possible.

Wharton
08-10-2006, 05:46 PM
KC 17
HT 20

Surprise: second string QB Sage Rosenfels outplays David Carr and leads the team to victory in the second half.

That should rattle a few DC homers :tease:

TexanSam
08-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Houston 24
Chiefs 17

Surprise: David Carr at the first team offense drive straight down the field the first time they get the ball.

2nd surprise: Lewis Sanders plays well and Buchanan is in danger of losing his starting job.

TexanBacker93
08-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Texans 24 Chiefs 14

Biggest Surprise - The OL gives up no sacks for the entire game.

:whoohoo:

edo783
08-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Texans 24 Chiefs 14

I'll drink to that! Heck, I'll drink a six pack to that!:bananasplit:

HOU-TEX
08-11-2006, 12:32 PM
I'll drink to that! Heck, I'll drink a six pack to that!:bananasplit:

Six pack??? Make it an 18 pack for me if we make it through the whole game without a sack.:thud:

houstonhurricane
08-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Texans 24

Chiefs 10

threetoedpete
08-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Too many boo boos. Too many green players. too many questions. Once the first team guys are out, we're gonna get killed.
Cheifs 34- Texans 17. :hides:

LocoChiefsFan
08-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Too many boo boos. Too many green players. too many questions. Once the first team guys are out, we're gonna get killed.
Come on Pete, the first team guys are going to get killed too. LOL :tease: :logo: =:shocked Just messing with ya maybe.

jerek
08-11-2006, 01:30 PM

I agree with your basic premise (green) but I am pleased to report that this is the first year in which the Texans have a resemblance of depth in their depth chart. Our second team D-line is quite respectable and ought to fair well enough against the Chiefs' second team O-line. Rosenfels is capable and I have high hopes for both Morency and Taylor (though IIRC both are sitting out this week.) We're certainly not an amazing second-team unit, but I suspect we'll be good enough to hang.

ocd
08-11-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm predicting that there will be quite a few mistakes made in all aspects of our game. Unlike the last regime, our coaching staff will take it as a learning lesson and fix the mistakes.

Weaknesses become strengths or you'll be eaten alive kind of deal.

Oh, and there will be some of this...:crutch:

:whip:

Texas
08-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Houston 24 KC 21

Mario Williams with 12 interceptions and 15 sacks and 32 tackles...Dont blame me for being optimistic :cowboy1:

HOU-TEX
08-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Houston 24 KC 21

Mario Williams with 12 interceptions and 15 sacks and 32 tackles...Dont blame me for being optimistic :cowboy1:

Now that's optimism right there. You forgot about the 10 tackles for a loss.:redtowel:

aquafin
08-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Can't wait to see Sage play. I'll be watching!

Chris Taylor MVP
08-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Prediction:
Chris Taylor- two touchdowns, one hundred yards rushing, awarded the game ball. Texans win by five!

My prediction
KC 10
HOU 22

And my surprise of the game:

Wali and Chris Taylor break out in this game. Wali has a long TD run with a break away, and Taylor becomes someone we want starting if DD is down.

RTP2110
08-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Houston Texans 20
Kansas City Chiefs 10

Surprise of the game: Derrick Armstrong has a good game and catches a TD. I'd like to see Armstrong as our #4 WR.

santo
08-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Houston 24

KC 14

:redtowel:

swtbound07
08-11-2006, 05:52 PM
i've decided this year not to make individual game predictions...im really bad at it.

tsip
08-11-2006, 05:57 PM
game will show how far we still have to go and expose the learning defencies of a couple key players--Kubiak will be shaking his head and go into Monday with more questions than answers.

South Texan
08-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Surprise of the game... The Texan's D-Line totaly dominates against the run and holds KC to under 50 yards running.

Texans 19 (2 points of that is Mario sacking the QB in the end zone)
KC 13

NoBullTexan
08-11-2006, 06:21 PM
KC 17
HT 20

Surprise: second string QB Sage Rosenfels outplays David Carr and leads the team to victory in the second half.

That should rattle a few DC homers :tease:

Rosenfels and the second team are not even remotely likely to outplay the first team, or for that matter DC. Too bad if you are a DC hater. Capers has been gone awhile now, you ought to get your thinking straight since it wasn't DC's fault to begin with.

swtbound07
08-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Rosenfels and the second team are not even remotely likely to outplay the first team, or for that matter DC. Too bad if you are a DC hater. Capers has been gone awhile now, you ought to get your thinking straight since it wasn't DC's fault to begin with.

I agree with the post before yours...rosenfels will outplay carr.....what do you have to say to that Sage-hater????

AFD1717
08-11-2006, 07:15 PM
The Suprise of the Game will be when KC is forced to send over Derrick Johnson in exchange for Travis Johnson after concluding that Casserly was obviously delusional when he passed on DJ in the first place.

JUSTAFAN
08-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Tramon Williams will show that he could be a solid back-up CB for this team! Oh and that you guys will know his name after tomorrow's game....for all the right reasons. :ohsnap:

TexanSam
08-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Tramon Williams will show that he could be a solid back-up CB for this team! Oh and that you guys will know his name after tomorrow's game....for all the right reasons. :ohsnap:

Hopefully he becomes the 2nd best Williams on the team.

kmartin575
08-12-2006, 01:47 AM
Surprise of the game... The Texan's D-Line totaly dominates against the run and holds KC to under 50 yards running.

Texans 19 (2 points of that is Mario sacking the QB in the end zone)
KC 13

So KC ran all over some of the best run defenses in the league last year (LJ had huge games against the #1 rush defense with San Diego and the #2 rush defense with Denver) but all of a sudden last years #32 rush defense is going to stop one of the best runningbacks in the league? LJ can run the ball very well with or without Willie Roaf (he showed that last year).

Ibar_Harry
08-12-2006, 02:00 AM
So KC ran all over some of the best run defenses in the league last year (LJ had huge games against the #1 rush defense with San Diego and the #2 rush defense with Denver) but all of a sudden last years #32 rush defense is going to stop one of the best runningbacks in the league? LJ can run the ball very well with or without Willie Roaf (he showed that last year).

The D line for Houston this year is very different from last year. Its not just Mario, but Weaver, Panye and others that are going to be run stoppers. Weaver's forte is stopping the run not getting to the passer. We should be a very difficult club to run against this year. How good we are against a passing offense will be determined by the rush. Hopefully this year that will also be a strong suit for our team. Yea, everyone is looking at our record and how we played last year. I hope people continue to do that, because quite frankly they are in for a rude awakening. This is a very, very much improved ball club that bares no resemblence to last years squad.

South Texan
08-12-2006, 02:22 AM

The name of the thread is What surprise will come out. Just picked the biggest one I could think of that might. :)

rittenhouserobz
08-12-2006, 08:26 AM
My biggest surprise. Carr gets enough protection to throw to his third read. It seemed he had such little time last year. I predict he will be able to make some great passes because he is so used to getting 1.5 seconds; therefore, 2.5-3 seconds should seem like eternity to him.

Crank_It_Up
08-12-2006, 09:37 AM
My biggest surprise. Carr gets enough protection to throw to his third read. It seemed he had such little time last year. I predict he will be able to make some great passes because he is so used to getting 1.5 seconds; therefore, 2.5-3 seconds should seem like eternity to him.
I can't wait for that to happen but I am afraid it is still too early for DC to have made the switch from a quick glance at the first route shifting to survival radar with his head spinning left and right, and his feet stutter stepping until he determines which direction to flee, to a confident passer looking downfield for a second and third read.

It will take some time... he wasn't ruined in an offseason, and he won't be cured in an offseason either.

tsip
08-12-2006, 09:59 AM
See Carr do as well as the rookie Cutler did for the Broncos Friday night-- 16/22 192yds 1 touchdown...

tsip
08-13-2006, 11:36 AM
game will show how far we still have to go and expose the learning defencies of a couple key players--Kubiak will be shaking his head and go into Monday with more questions than answers.

...good first game!!!...any opinions on who those 'couple key players are?'

TexanBacker93
08-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Texans 24 Chiefs 14

Wow!!! Even I didn't know I had this talent. Hey Swami....I'm coming for you.
:cowboy1: