PDA

View Full Version : KC! What will be the first things you'll be looking at?

[[Gary Kubiak]]
08-10-2006, 12:51 PM
My eyes woulds be on:

1) Lines - Spencer, Wand and Flannagan
- over all progression of the LOS

2) Carr to Moulds
- decision making by our QB mostly

3) Weaver and Smith
- Can we cut our yards allowed per carry average

Biggest disappointment would be if Larry Johnson runs allover us.

TexanBacker93
08-10-2006, 12:53 PM
I agree with the above things to watch. I'm also excited to see Ryans at MLB.

thunderkyss
08-10-2006, 12:59 PM
the first thing I want to watch, is my QBs poise & composure..... then I want to see if our OLine and Fullback can spring our tailback into the secondary.....

then I want to see what kind of coverages we'll be using.

tulexan
08-10-2006, 01:01 PM
Three main things I'm looking at:

1) Mario and his effect on the rest of the DL players

2) OL being able to give Carr more than 2 or 3 seconds

3) Carr being able to do something once he has protection, weapons around him, and more than a 3 play playbook.

JDizzle
08-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Surprised no one's mentioned good ol' Bennie yet. Seeing him catch a pass will start the healing process for many of us.

Texas
08-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Im going to be checking out in this order A. How our offensive line stands this year in comparison to previous years and how well David Carr can do if this happens. Im also going to be checking out Mario Williams to see if other teams concider him a threat and see how he stands in the NFL along with the rest of our defensive line and how well they can create a pass rush. I will be watchin our linebacker corps very closely also to see if Demeco Ryans is as good in the NFL as he was in college and to see if they can not only stop the run very well but guard the pass also. Last and not least I will be watchin to see if our receivers along with Putzier can keep Carr with an option and if they can run there routes correctly. Also I forgot to mention I will be watchin the playcalling selection of the coaches. Lets go Texans...See yall at the game saturday in the Bullpen:shoot:

hollywood_texan
08-10-2006, 01:13 PM
1. Defensive line
2. David Carr

El Tejano
08-10-2006, 01:22 PM
I am going to be watching Kevin Walter, Antwan Peek, Jason Babin, Demeco Ryans and our DBs.

I can't wait to see what these guys can do.

South Texan
08-10-2006, 01:26 PM
The O-Line, especially Mr. Attitude and T-Rex (Spencer and Winston) to see how fast they are picking things up in the pros.

On the D side, of course Mario and DeMeco but also how the secondary is holding up.

vtech9
08-10-2006, 01:32 PM
I am going to be watching Kevin Walter, Antwan Peek, Jason Babin, Demeco Ryans and our DBs.

I can't wait to see what these guys can do.
I won't be watching anybody until Sunday when they replay the game on NFL NETWORK. If it wasn't for NFL NETWORK, I wouldn't be able to watch at all.

When I do get to watch the game, I will be watching the RB's, the lines, and the QB's to see how they handle pressure.

LORK 88
08-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Mario, the backup RBs, Ryans, the O Line, our DBs; for time sake, ill say just about everyone in a Texans uni.

El Tejano
08-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Surprised no one's mentioned good ol' Bennie yet. Seeing him catch a pass will start the healing process for many of us.
You know that is probably the best comment I think we should all adhere to.

El Tejano
08-10-2006, 01:43 PM
What? Noones going to see if we can exec....
Nah!!!!

dalemurphy
08-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Line of Scrimmage!

Also, the battle between Lundi, Taylor, Morency... David Carr's play, and the oddity of Wrs catching the ball on the run (slants, posts, etc)

powerfuldragon
08-10-2006, 01:51 PM
the abc logos.

HOU-TEX
08-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Everything!!!!!:drool:

Speedy
08-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Well, since I don't expect the starters to play much, when Carr is in, I'd like to see him not only have time to throw, but not lock in to one reciever.

On D, I'd like to see aggressiveness and pressuring the QB.

Other than that, I don't think there's really much you can expect to look for in the 1st pre-season game.

Meloy
08-10-2006, 02:32 PM

1. Cheer leaders
2. Center
3. Cheer leaders
4. Corner opposite Dunte
5. Cheer leaders

HOU-TEX
08-10-2006, 02:37 PM
1. Cheer leaders
2. Center
3. Cheer leaders
4. Corner opposite Dunte
5. Cheer leaders

You betcha!:yahoo:

real
08-10-2006, 02:42 PM
1.) Mario/D-line
2.) David Carr
3.) O-line
3.) Running Game
4.) Defensive Backs
5.) Play calls defensive & offensive
6.) Backups
7.) Kick returner ??? (Who will it be)

Chance_C
08-10-2006, 02:48 PM
From everything I've read about him, I'm really looking forward to seeing Chris Taylor in action. I'll also pay close attention to Sherman's influence on the line. I think it's safe to say if they're much improved (which I think they will be) it will be because of his influence. Of course Moulds, AJ, Walter, and Putzier. I'm excited about the possibilites there. And as much as any of the aforementioned, I'm stoked about Super Mario. Also, a possible weakness in the return game. I'd like to see that we have nothing to worry about there.

wags
08-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Offensively: looking for OL protection, Carr's pocket sense, and Carr's accuracy.

Defensively: looking for pressure, PBuc, and Morlon Greenwood getting b-slapped by Larry Johnson or anyone other RB.

WWX
08-10-2006, 03:16 PM
I won't be watching anybody until Sunday when they replay the game on NFL NETWORK. If it wasn't for NFL NETWORK, I wouldn't be able to watch at all.

When I do get to watch the game, I will be watching the RB's, the lines, and the QB's to see how they handle pressure.

Same for me (NFL Network). Airs at 10am Sun morning right, going to record to my computer, edit, and burn to DVD for personal viewing. But we can listen to the game live, I think.

http://www.sportsradio610.com/

On Topic:

First interest is DL, LB, and watching how the Texans collapse the KC oline, hopefully, and blitz play calling.

Next is the Texan O-Line on pass and run. Rotation and constancy throughout the evening as far as the blocking schemes work out.

Then watching Carr on passing plays, his confidence, and overall durability on passing downs. We will probably only see a few pass plays, but who really knows.

The RBís all working to prove themselves, especially Taylor.

Secondary which should be all right unless things arenít working out up front.

HeartofHouston
08-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Offense:
QB - Has Carr finally got the proper system to make him the QB that we want him to be? Is he able to locate his targets properly? What is he gonna do with the time that is provide for him by the line?

HB - Who will it be?

WR - How much of affect does Moulds have on the WR Corp? Is he really taking pressure of AJ? How well will Kevin Walter perform?

TE - How will Joppru perform? How Well will Owen Daniels Perform?

OL - How well will Spencer, Winston and Flanagan perform? How is the O-Line taking to the new system? Will Carr have more than 2 seconds to throw the ball?

--

Defense:

DE - How will Super Mario Perform? Is his presence enough to help out the rest of the Line? Who's performing better Peek or Babin?

DT - What is Johnson, Weaver and Payne going to be doing? How well will these guys take to the switch? (3-4 to 4-3)

LB - Where will DeMeco be? How will he perform? What will Shante Orr be doing?

DB - Who's gonna be opposite of Robinson? How will they perform? Is Earl and Brown ready to hold down a division that includes some of the most talented recievers?

----

Special Teams

KR/PR - Who's gonna take over that spot and how will they perform?

----

Coaching Staff

Richard Smith - Is he really the defensive evil genuis that's lead to believe?

Kubiak - How will he work with the talent he has?

HOU-TEX
08-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Offense:
QB - Has Carr finally got the proper system to make him the QB that we want him to be? Is he able to locate his targets properly? What is he gonna do with the time that is provide for him by the line?

HB - Who will it be?

WR - How much of affect does Moulds have on the WR Corp? Is he really taking pressure of AJ? How well will Kevin Walter perform?

TE - How will Joppru perform? How Well will Owen Daniels Perform?

OL - How well will Spencer, Winston and Flanagan perform? How is the O-Line taking to the new system? Will Carr have more than 2 seconds to throw the ball?

--

Defense:

DE - How will Super Mario Perform? Is his presence enough to help out the rest of the Line? Who's performing better Peek or Babin?

DT - What is Johnson, Weaver and Payne going to be doing? How well will these guys take to the switch? (3-4 to 4-3)

LB - Where will DeMeco be? How will he perform? What will Shante Orr be doing?

DB - Who's gonna be opposite of Robinson? How will they perform? Is Earl and Brown ready to hold down a division that includes some of the most talented recievers?

----

Special Teams

KR/PR - Who's gonna take over that spot and how will they perform?

----

Coaching Staff

Richard Smith - Is he really the defensive evil genuis that's lead to believe?

Kubiak - How will he work with the talent he has?

Ummm.... like I said, Everything:)

TexansLucky13
08-10-2006, 04:08 PM
"I find I am so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head."
-Red (Shawshank Redemption)

I really can't wait for this weekend. You know what else is weird? I lost two hours of sleep last night arguing to myself about our RB situation. Eventually I was so exhausted that I just said a prayer for DDs health and feel to sleep. Is that strange?

I will look first and foremost at David. Does he get sacked. Does he play more like a Pro QB should. Does he have time. That's what I will look for.

Secondly, I will take a look at our 1st round pick and the line to which he now belongs. I want to see if he takes charge. Also, I want to see how well our DL and LBers have adjusted to the 4-3.

Third, I will watching our LBs individual performances, especially Demeco. I will keep my eye on what is arguably our weakest point.... Safety and CB.

But I sure can't wait to hear the fans response when Mario gets his first sack. You guys better bring some earmuffs!

TFL
08-10-2006, 04:16 PM
In order

1. The Game Plan (running and passing plays)
2. Our Defenesive Pressure on the Qb
3. Our O-line protection

Meloy
08-10-2006, 05:19 PM
"I find I am so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head."
-Red (Shawshank Redemption)

I really can't wait for this weekend. You know what else is weird? I lost two hours of sleep last night arguing to myself about our RB situation. Eventually I was so exhausted that I just said a prayer for DDs health and feel to sleep. Is that strange?

I will look first and foremost at David. Does he get sacked. Does he play more like a Pro QB should. Does he have time. That's what I will look for.

Secondly, I will take a look at our 1st round pick and the line to which he now belongs. I want to see if he takes charge. Also, I want to see how well our DL and LBers have adjusted to the 4-3.

Third, I will watching our LBs individual performances, especially Demeco. I will keep my eye on what is arguably our weakest point.... Safety and CB.

But I sure can't wait to hear the fans response when Mario gets his first sack. You guys better bring some earmuffs! I thought I was the only weird one. I frequently go to bed completely exhausted and then... what if? What if we could make this trade, get that free agent, what if that guy gets hurt or better.. and then it's one in the morning.

AFD1717
08-10-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm right on with all the stuff that has been posted so far, but I'm also looking to see if Peek gets pushed around by OTs. I wish that guy had a little more weight...

Insideop
08-10-2006, 08:45 PM

Yep, I guess this says it all!

I'd like to focus on everything too, but I'll be very interested in seeing how alot of our new players are going to play. Guys like Derrick Lewis, Chris Taylor, and Kevin Walter. I'm looking forward to seeing who is going to step up and make the big plays and who is going to make the team! Only thing left to say is :gotexans1

beerlover
08-10-2006, 09:19 PM
this would have made an excellent poll question?

but all eyes still have to be on Carr and how well he progress'es with enhanced tools around him. then I will relax and enjoy a serious defense with :fireball: & De Meco Ryans