PDA

View Full Version : Preseason - Week 3

TexaninDenver
08-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Okay - so I'm stuck here in Hobby Horse land and my girlfriend is a huge Bronco fan. The betting and sparring between us has already begun and we're still 2 weeks away.

We're already starting the :fight:

I hope I'm not busy doing this :brickwall for 3 hours

What does everyone think our chances are against the Broncos? The playbook is here and that game is the only National game for the Texans. How will we fare?

I want to feel this :redtowel: not this :hairpull:

What are my odds?

RTP2110
08-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Okay - so I'm stuck here in Hobby Horse land and my girlfriend is a huge Bronco fan. The betting and sparring between us has already begun and we're still 2 weeks away.

What does everyone think our chances are against the Broncos? The playbook is here and that game is the only National game for the Texans. How will we fare?

What are my odds?

We have more to play for in the preseason than a more established team like Denver. We'll stomp 'em.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
08-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Have a feeling Coach Kubs will want to show the old man a new trick or two. It's well known that Kuds called the Off. in Dev. but the HC did at times overrule his calls, This being said I think Kubs. takes the gloves off in Den. and might TRY to show up his old team. Not out of disrespect mind you. Just because its his old team and his old boss and now he's the HC.

phan1
08-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Have a feeling Coach Kubs will want to show the old man a new trick or two. It's well known that Kuds called the Off. in Dev. but the HC did at times overrule his calls, This being said I think Kubs. takes the gloves off in Den. and might TRY to show up his old team. Not out of disrespect mind you. Just because its his old team and his old boss and now he's the HC.

Really? I was pretty sure Shanahan was the playcaller in Denver. He was the guy under Bill Walsh and is the one who would know the WCO over anybody.

Grid
08-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Everyone assumes that.. it was stated in more than one article..and by Shanahan himself.. that Kubes called 90% of the plays.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
08-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Really? I was pretty sure Shanahan was the playcaller in Denver. He was the guy under Bill Walsh and is the one who would know the WCO over anybody.
No sir. Kubs been calling plays in Den. Been discussed in other threads. Kubs first year calling plays was the year Dev. and Elway won the SB.

TheRealJoker
08-08-2006, 10:20 PM
No sir. Kubs been calling plays in Den. Been discussed in other threads. Kubs first year calling plays was the year Dev. and Elway won the SB.

Which one?

bayoudreamn
08-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Which one?

I don't remember...but I was visited the site on one of those days. One of the statniks on here had Denver newspaper articles and a miriad of other sources to back it up. Pretty conclusive proof was shared.

Brandon420tx
08-09-2006, 01:48 PM

What are my odds?

Going throught the same thing, except shes a Steelers fan. So we have a bet going (If both teams make the playoffs and play each other) too.

KKHouston
08-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Which one?

Superbowl 32. Kubiak began calling the plays then, according to my old Denver Press books.

TexanBacker93
08-09-2006, 07:04 PM
I'd expect to see the most of the 1st teams in that game. Both coaches are going to want to win it, but I'd think Kubiak and the Texans will have a bigger desire. I think the Texans finally get a win in Donkey Land.

cuppacoffee
08-09-2006, 10:48 PM
I'd expect to see the most of the 1st teams in that game. Both coaches are going to want to win it, but I'd think Kubiak and the Texans will have a bigger desire. I think the Texans finally get a win in Donkey Land.

Kubiak knows the tendencies of the Denver O and D.

Shanny will know the tendencies of Kubiaks playcalling.

Wildcard will be our defense.

Should be an interesting matchup between teams attempting to do similiar things on offense. Is that stating the obvious?

:coffee:

Texans Pride
08-09-2006, 11:47 PM
I will be there! 50 yard ling seats, 15 rows from the field. . .It's on my wifes birthday. . .We will win!

Any of you other Denver people going to be there?!