PDA

View Full Version : Article on Corey Bradford

texan279
08-08-2006, 08:29 AM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1154994021150680.xml&coll=1

"When I was in Houston, we had a bunch of speed guys, but we didn't use it," Bradford said. "When we played the (Baltimore) Ravens last year, one of their (defensive players) told me that we hadn't run a deep route of more than 20 yards in the past 80-some plays. They had been scouting us and he said `You have all that speed and you don't run.' It's not like that here."

According to Lions quarterback Jon Kitna, Martz keeps "the pedal down all the time."

"All the time," Bradford concurred. "And what I like about this offense is that anybody can get the ball. When I was in Houston, people were always saying `cover two' (when two safeties split deep coverage) can shut us down. Here, we love `cover two' because that means we're going to spread it out and go down the field even more.

"I'd like to see what I could do (in terms of yards and touchdowns) if I have something like 70 or 75 catches. I'd like to see what my average would be, and I think I'm finally in that offense."

jerek
08-08-2006, 09:00 AM
All true. None of it changes the fact that the kid had hands of stone.

HJam72
08-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Only one problem, sherlock:

YOU CAN'T CATCH! (or don't, anyway)

He's right about the playcalling though. Pendry is such a genious. :sarcasm:

Texans Pride
08-08-2006, 09:51 PM
I'd say he was pretty honest and accurate. I also believe things will be different this year.

TexanDave
08-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Unfortunately he is right about last year's offense. This year will be completely different.

ccdude730
08-08-2006, 09:57 PM
I'd say he was pretty honest and accurate. I also believe things will be different this year.

The offense answered back in the afternoon practice in the comfort of the Texans Indoor Practice Facility. As rain fell outside, bombs dropped in the secondary as an emphasis was put on the downfield passing game during Monday’s second practice.

Eric Moulds, who continues to impress, snagged a couple, while Kevin Walter and Andre Johnson both added long receptions over 30 yards.

it will definitely be different...this offense will take their shots

RTP2110
08-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Another negative mark on Capers' ''coaching''. I wish the best for Bradford in Detroit. He frustated me with his constant drops, they were always at crucial times. I think he has a good chance to have a better season than Gaffney in Philly.

kbourda
08-08-2006, 11:15 PM

Probably not much different. The WCO isn't a deep ball kind of offense. It's more of a short to intermediate route based offense (controlled). But i'm sure you know that though.

mexican_texan
08-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Good luck to Corey Bradford. I hope he makes Detroit forget all about Mike Williams.:shoot:

On a related note, I was talking to a Lions fan about Corey Bradford and he told me that he is way better than what they had in Bill Schroeder and Az-Zahir Hakim, who were said to drop 10 passes before catching one(obviously exagerrated stats--I hope.)