PDA

View Full Version : Who will directly influence the Texans W/L record?

Wolf
08-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Who will be the most influence?

swtbound07
08-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Carr, David.

TexanBacker93
08-07-2006, 11:47 PM
I think the winning attitude and ability to challenge the players that is being seen by the coaching staff is going to be the biggest influence on the team.

TexanFan881
08-07-2006, 11:50 PM
I think it's our running game. With DDs injury how we can run the ball without him is going to be a huge aspect in if we can wins games or not. Our running game has to step up in order for us to be successful this year.

HJam72
08-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Considering what we've been through and the fact that Kubiak will be Carr's biggest influence, I gotta go with the coaching staff by a landslide.

socalfan
08-08-2006, 12:54 AM
The offensive line. You can't win if you can't run. You can't win if the qb doesn't have time to throw the ball. You also can't win if the qb holds onto the ball too long. You also can't win if the defense doesn't keep them from scoring. Guess that is why they call it a team sport.

Scooter
08-08-2006, 01:07 AM
deffinately the staff. we're retaining most of our starters from last season, except now they'll have a legitimate chance to perform. babin & peek are back where they belong. carr now has a real playbook. our offensive line will be using a proven blocking scheme and have mike freakin sherman right there teaching them. our receivers are running real routes now, and will be in the right place to exploit coverages. we'll actually use one of those new fangled tight ends that other teams have been using. our d-line is going to be moved and substituted often, and they're going to be given free reign to pin their ears back & hurt somebody. we wont be stuck in one mode throughout a game like with capers. if something isnt working, we'll actually have the ability to adjust and flow with the game because our coach has so much experience leading successful offenses. and best of all everyone will be accountable. from david carr to chad stanley, each and every player will be expected to be perfect from here on out, and with real consequenses if they arent giving 100%.

HoustonFan
08-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Coaching staff. They are definitely having an impact on the attitude of the team. Let's see how it translates on the field.

TK_Gamer
08-08-2006, 02:18 AM
you can go right down the list, I think its obvious:

1) David Carr: how effectively kubiak pushes Carr to perform without breaking his spirit will decide his confidence and ultimately his performance

2) DD/Run game/Oline: its all about a system not one player, if the coaches sell the system and get people on the same page, we will do good, if sherman can slowly work the rookies spencer and winston into the mix and let them grow throughout the season, they will produce.

3) AJ/Moulds: a well coached David Carr, a team effort on the O-line and AJ and Moulds feeding off each other should produce a great improvement in the passing game.

4) Mario/D-line: rotating lineman and karmelowitz pulling the strings should produce one of the best D-lines in the league. i believe the success of the secondary is directly linked to the pass pressure we get from the d-line also

5) Ryans/LB corps: either ryans cowart or eventually wong will have to step up and lead the LB's and the defense or we will struggle again with the big runnig plays that have been the back-breaker in the past. early on sharper did a good job at this and we stopped the run much better then, still cant believe we let him go. I think ryans will step up and we will improve.

6) Special Teams: again I think coaching will be the key. with Mathis a question mark, who they can get ready to take over kick returns will be important.

overall I think we have the players we need to get the job done. How well the coaching staff does to get them working together and playing like winners will decide the outcome of this season. I think we will do well. I would like another LB and another DB that can come in and play at starter intensity though, as I feel these are our 2 glaring weaknesses. I wish them all the best of luck and look forward to another season, maybe even a winning season. :)

Double Barrel
08-08-2006, 02:32 AM
Kubiak & Co., without a doubt.

FILO_girl
08-08-2006, 10:13 AM
I see this as more of a team effort, than the emphasis being put on one player or coach. Like my philosophy on Peyton, he wouldn't be much without his team enabling him. Same goes for here too.

Roster is 53, plus coaches. However many this ends up totalling is my answer.

Texan Asylum
08-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Motivation and Attitude...starts at the top and works it's way through the entire organization. :cowboy1:

TexanFanInCC
08-08-2006, 10:24 AM
the biggest influence: the H2O quality - the waterboy

nah just kidding. my vote goes to kubiak and staff. carr's performance will be a direct representation of kubiaks coaching. how kubiak does will depend on how far carr has come.

Hutch13
08-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Wheres the O-Line?? Because if you cant block the QB cant throw and thats what happened a lot last year.

bigTEXan8
08-08-2006, 10:38 AM
I can't vote because i believe it is a combination of three key components:
Carr
Kubiak
D
Carr needs to be able to trust his o-line and himself in this new offensive scheme. Without that, don't score any points.

Kubiak needs to get this team going in the right direction. I think after 4 years of losing, it's hard to prove to a team that they can win. Kubiak will also have to help Carr step up and mold him into the QB they thought they brought in 5 years ago.

Everybody and their mother ran on our D last year. Where as our run D I think will be better than last year, it ain't going to help if everyone just throws all over us.

Brandon420tx
08-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Shanahan, Kyle:shades:

Lucky
08-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Kubiak & Co., without a doubt.
Because they make everyone else on this list better.

TexansLucky13
08-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Because they make everyone else on this list better.

Kudos

real
08-08-2006, 12:06 PM
I went with DB because I think thats our weakest position, IMO, and if we have a couple guys step up back there, we may be legitimate playoff contenders...

HJam72
08-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Every comment made about players or their positions just keeps bringing me back to Kubiak and co. The coaches are the ones that will get these guys to play like they want it and not call rediculously predictable plays as well.

TexanFanInCC
08-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Every comment made about players or their positions just keeps bringing me back to Kubiak and co. The coaches are the ones that will get these guys to play like they want it and not call rediculously predictable plays as well.

and i cant see them scrapping the playbook midseason, virtually the same offensive system that carries denver into contention year in and yr out.

powerfuldragon
08-08-2006, 01:07 PM
clicked carr before i read the whole list.

in order:

1. Kubes' Crew
2. Running game
3. Carr
4. O-line

TexanFanInCC
08-08-2006, 01:16 PM
im not concerned about the running game. this system favors the runningbacks with decent vision. i dont think we have the most physically gifted RB's, but u dont need to have em in a zone scheme. if i had to rank em it would be like this

1) Kubes and staff
2) Carr (direct representation of kubiak's hard work...err..his prodigy)
3) o-line
4) d-line (need that pass rush)

Bearfan Blue and Orange
08-08-2006, 02:32 PM
I did not vote only because one option was missing and that to me is a cohesive unit (Texans in total, team and fans)

Execution (bad term from the past) is what will have a direct influence on the W/L record