PDA

View Full Version : House of Pain II?

kbourda
08-06-2006, 08:21 PM
First of all, I have to give it up to Warren Moon on his induction to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Congrads are very much in order. During his speech to the crowd in Canton, he made a mention of the "House of Pain" era in Oiler history. Let's just imagine the Texan D in the near future becomes the type of defense that is just as feared around the league. What would you name Reliant Stadium? I'm not going to lie, hearing the "House of Pain" coming from out of Moon's mouth sent chills up and down my spine! Although I am not one to look ahead often, I was just thinking back for a second and imagining what could be for the Texans.

Wolf
08-06-2006, 08:27 PM
I might have to give you a negative rep :sarcasm:

AJ mentioned something of this and it makes me :drool:

Bain,Weaver,Payne,Williams

sean Jones,Doug smith,Ray Childress,William fuller

:challenge

Tex Trenches
08-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Reliant > Astrodome = The Palace of Pain :shades:

kbourda
08-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Reliant > Astrodome = The Palace of Pain :shades:

I like that!

Hookem Horns
08-06-2006, 08:49 PM
I might have to give you a negative rep :sarcasm:

AJ mentioned something of this and it makes me :drool:

Bain,Weaver,Payne,Williams

sean Jones,Doug smith,Ray Childress,William fuller

:challenge

Who is Bain?

Wolf
08-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Who is Bain?
babin..

brain was thinking faster than hands..LOL

might be the son of Payne and babin :spy:

Porky
08-06-2006, 09:03 PM
]']You cant attack the QB if you DTs are not good! The heart of the D believe it or not will include 3 players and it wont include Mario. PAYNE - WEAVER - SMITH.

If they clog the middle:

1) Jason and Mario can just pin their ears back and be rabid
2) LB core contain will be much better

great defenses impose their will against their opponent by making them one dimentional. Tampa and Baltimore on their championship runs were very stout against the run. It was suicide to run against them.

FYI - Mario will be moving inside to tackle on passing downs, so he will very much be in the mix at DT.

whiskeyrbl
08-06-2006, 09:10 PM
I like " The Slaughterhouse" as mentioned in a thread sometime ago,what about a name for D if they are as good as some of think they will be?????? How about the "Bullseye D"

HomeBred_Texan
08-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Another few games like we had with Pitt last year and they can call it the "House of Blood, Sweat, and Tears"

Zac
08-06-2006, 09:43 PM
The DL better start racking up some sacks before they go off getting a nick name for themselves.

But the DL could be something to watch. Babin/Peek; Payne/Johnson; Weaver/Smith; Williams/Kalu

That line could be fresh(er) each and every play than the opponents line. There is a lot of talent money was trying to buy there. There are high draft picks, key free agents, and a lot of hope!!!

Napa Auto Parts
08-06-2006, 10:34 PM
i hope in the near future we can draft a qb that is at least 10% the qb warren was we just dont have that in this team.

southtexan
08-06-2006, 10:49 PM
I clearly remember the HOUSE OF PAIN era, our offensive players did not care for that nickname, especially the receivers (Givens, Jeffries sp?)

HJam72
08-06-2006, 11:12 PM
i hope in the near future we can draft a qb that is at least 10% the qb warren was we just dont have that in this team.

We will in about 8 or 10 yrs.

The Pencil Neck
08-07-2006, 08:59 AM
I like " The Slaughterhouse" as mentioned in a thread sometime ago,what about a name for D if they are as good as some of think they will be?????? How about the "Bullseye D"

The problem I have with "The Slaughterhouse" is that it's bulls that get slaughtered. Not really what we want to have happen.

Hulk75
08-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Its going to be called Super Mario World after a while.

mancunian
08-07-2006, 02:08 PM
]']You cant attack the QB if you DTs are not good! The heart of the D believe it or not will include 3 players and it wont include Mario. PAYNE - WEAVER - SMITH.

If they clog the middle:

1) Jason and Mario can just pin their ears back and be rabid
2) LB core contain will be much better

great defenses impose their will against their opponent by making them one dimentional. Tampa and Baltimore on their championship runs were very stout against the run. It was suicide to run against them.

Run the ball, stop the run. Just my type of team.

AFD1717
08-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Since we still aren't quite to "House of Pain" status yet, maybe "The Duplex of Discomfort" would be more appropriate.

z0rpAn
08-07-2006, 05:31 PM
I don't know any good names for our D/Stadium. But it would be awesome if all the fans would yell Ole' everytime our guys got a great hit. I'm thinking something along the line of Bull Ring, but something more intense.

CloakNNNdagger
08-07-2006, 05:39 PM
I don't know any good names for our D/Stadium. But it would be awesome if all the fans would yell Ole' everytime our guys got a great hit. I'm thinking something along the line of Bull Ring, but something more intense.

Ole'?????.............That's what everyone was screaming the last few years whenever the opposing D's crossed our OL.

Anguyen
08-07-2006, 08:49 PM
I would name it Carr of Pain LOL

TexHorns
08-07-2006, 10:51 PM
:rofl: Since we still aren't quite to "House of Pain" status yet, maybe "The Duplex of Discomfort" would be more appropriate.
:rofl: