Wolf
08-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Kubiak will get rid of the sweatshirt by seasons end

Buy or Sell?

TFL
08-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Kuiak will get rid of the sweatshirt by seasons end

Buy or Sell?

Sell. If he has not done it now in this heat then it would be wierd for him to do it later.

Buy or sell------ Anthony Weaver 8+ sacks this year

texan279
08-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Not to jack the thread, but why do some freak out over Kube wearing the sweatshirt? It keeps you from getting sunburned, a lot of people wear long sleeves during summer when doing yardork, fishing, etc.

TexansLucky13
08-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Kuiak will get rid of the sweatshirt by seasons end

Sell. The temperature will start dropping by the time the season really gets started anyways. And as TFL said, if he hasnt done it by now than I doubt it.

Not to jack the thread, but why do some freak out over Kube wearing the sweatshirt?

It's just cuz he is the new guy. He needs a little roast.

Anthony Weaver 8+ sacks this year

Sell. I personally don't expect it out of him. I do expect Mario to get at least that many though, ahaha.

Buy or sell ..... Carr throws for 3000 yards this season

Stampede
08-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Buy or sell.... Carr throws for 3000 yards this season Buy....but im not gonna get it started if you know what i mean.

Buy or sell.....Charles Spencer will be our starting left tackle on opening day

TexansLucky13
08-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Charles Spencer will be our starting left tackle on opening day

Buy. Spencer has looked extraordinary in training camp and IMHO Kubiak is looking on not only him but Winston as well to be the new faces of the Texans O-line.

Buy or sell.... Domanick Davis starts more than 12 games this season.

TEXANRED
08-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Buy....but im not gonna get it started if you know what i mean.

Buy or sell.....Charles Spencer will be our starting left tackle on opening day
Sell, I say by week three

Buy/Sell

Smith will be our starting RB vs the Eagles

TEXANRED
08-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Buy. Spencer has looked extraordinary in training camp and IMHO Kubiak is looking on not only him but Winston as well to be the new faces of the Texans O-line.

Buy or sell.... Domanick Davis starts more than 12 games this season.
sorry, didnt mean to skip over you. Funny how our b/s is similiar.

TexansLucky13
08-05-2006, 11:37 PM
sorry, didnt mean to skip over you. Funny how our b/s is similiar.

Agreed. But what do you think about mine? Buy or sell?

For yours I say sell. A lot of sources are saying that Domanick is recovering on schedule and he should work back into the depth chart by the end of pre-season.

texflex513
08-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Sell. The temperature will start dropping by the time the season really gets started anyways. And as TFL said, if he hasnt done it by now than I doubt it.

It's just cuz he is the new guy. He needs a little roast.

Sell. I personally don't expect it out of him. I do expect Mario to get at least that many though, ahaha.

Buy or sell ..... Carr throws for 3000 yards this season

BUY Carr has already done the 3000 yrds already i look for him to hit 35 to 38 hundred yards:shades:

TEXANRED
Agreed. But what do you think about mine? Buy or sell?

For yours I say sell. A lot of sources are saying that Domanick is recovering on schedule and he should work back into the depth chart by the end of pre-season.
I would say buy. If what you say about his recovery is accurate with the addition of Putzier and a new blocking scheme, should take the ware and tear off DD.

Buy/sell

Winston starts at right tackle by seasons end.

South Texan
Sell, I say by week three

Buy/Sell

Smith will be our starting RB vs the Eagles

Sell. I think DD will probably be OK to start early on, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Smith at starting RB late in the season.

Buy/Sell
We will have a player win Rookie of the Year. (DeMeco, Mario, or a dark horse)

TexansLucky13
08-05-2006, 11:48 PM
We will have a player win Rookie of the Year. (DeMeco, Mario, or a dark horse)

Buy. I'm looking for DeMeco Ryans to make a big impact this year. We are talking about a guy who has shown excellent potential and leadership at any LB position we need him. IMHO, he will be a starter behind our DL by week 4. I expect him to make plays. This guy has defensive honors in the SEC... that is something worthy of notice. In any other draft he would have been a 1st rounder, no doubt.

Buy or sell.... Our WR tandem AJ and Moulds both get 1000 yards receiving this season.

Wolf
08-05-2006, 11:56 PM
sell, I think Walters will take some of that yardage along with the TE's... I wouldn't mind though

Kubiak becoming coach of the year.

TexanSam
08-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Buy or sell.... Our WR tandem AJ and Moulds both get 1000 yards receiving this season.

Sell. AJ will get 1200 while Moulds will get 800. They both have the potential, but I think Carr has too many targets to have two 1000 yard recievers. That's not a bad thing :francis:

Buy or sell...Phillip Buchanan lives up to his potential and is a starter for all 16 games (assuming he won't get injured).

Texan Asylum
08-06-2006, 12:00 AM
sell, I think Walters will take some of that yardage along with the TE's... I wouldn't mind though

Kubiak becoming coach of the year.
Buy...can't deny the man his glory when we have the year we're gonna have.

Buy/Sell...Mario gets his first regular season sack in the Philly game.

TexansLucky13
08-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Buy or sell...Phillip Buchanan lives up to his potential and is a starter for all 16 games (assuming he won't get injured).

Buy.... I don't think Faggins (when he returns) or McCleon will overtake him right now, unless he gets injured, as you said.

Buy/Sell...Mario gets his first regular season sack in the Philly game?

Buy.... Our D-line has been looking dominant now that we have converted to the 4-3 and Mario should have plenty of chances to tear up McSnabb.

Texan Asylum
08-06-2006, 12:07 AM
Buy.... I don't think Faggins (when he returns) or McCleon will overtake him right now, unless he gets injured, as you said.

Buy.... Our D-line has been looking dominant now that we have converted to the 4-3 and Mario should have plenty of chances to tear up McSnabb.
Hey T13, where's the Buy/Sell question?

Hutch13
08-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Buy/Sell...Mario gets his first regular season sack in the Philly game.

Buy are DL will be a abosolute beast.

B/S AJ gets 10 or more touchdowns.

Texan Asylum
08-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Sell. AJ will get 1200 while Moulds will get 800. They both have the potential, but I think Carr has too many targets to have two 1000 yard recievers. That's not a bad thing :francis:

Heck, I'll buy that one. Man's gotta buy into something sooner or later.

Buy/Sell...Carr hits Moulds for a TD with the very first throw.

TexansLucky13
08-06-2006, 12:11 AM
Hey T13, where's the Buy/Sell question?

D'oh! Sorry, it's late. Here we go... (thanks man, haha)

Buy or sell.... Carr and the O-line give up less than 45 sacks this season.

TexansLucky13
08-06-2006, 12:13 AM
B/S AJ gets 10 or more touchdowns.

Sell.... I think Kubiak's mindset for our offense is going to be similar to that in New England... spread the ball around.

Buy/Sell...Carr hits Moulds for a TD with the very first throw.

Another sell.... I just don't see it. I wonder how many season-openers have been begun in such a way?

B/S.... Glenn Earl gets more than 3 INTs on the season

swtbound07
08-06-2006, 04:06 AM
Sell.... I think Kubiak's mindset for our offense is going to be similar to that in New England... spread the ball around.

Another sell.... I just don't see it. I wonder how many season-openers have been begun in such a way?

B/S.... Glenn Earl gets more than 3 INTs on the season

Selling it...Glenn is a hitter, not a ballhawk IMO

Buy or sell
someone on this board will bringing up the nostalgia days of corey bradford and jabar gaffney by week 3

CoachJim
08-06-2006, 07:24 AM
Buy or sell
someone on this board will bringing up the nostalgia days of corey bradford and jabar gaffney by week 3

Hopefully sell ... If someone does, it could mean our recievers are looking THAT bad.

B/S ... Kubiak never uses the term " execute" this season.

Stampede
08-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Hopefully sell ... If someone does, it could mean our recievers are looking THAT bad.

B/S ... Kubiak never uses the term " execute" this season.

Sell...it's a long season and the "guys really got after it today" will need a breather. :rolleyes:

B/S....Sunday, Dec. 24th, high noon, the Texans will be battling the Indianapolis Colts for top spot in the AFC South. :shoot:

Wolf
08-06-2006, 10:04 AM
B/S....Sunday, Dec. 24th, high noon, the Texans will be battling the Indianapolis Colts for top spot in the AFC South. :shoot:

Buy: I don't see the colts winning 13 games again this season, AFC South is stronger and eventhough I haven't looked at their schedule, we should be basically playing the same teams (we have 5th hardest so they should be right up there). by the time we play I am hoping we have about 7 wins and they should have a 8 or 9. I just think this is will be the new black and blue division.(if we stay healthy)

B/S-- Texans will sport at least 2 probowlers this season

yourfavoritetexan42
08-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Buy: I don't see the colts winning 13 games again this season, AFC South is stronger and eventhough I haven't looked at their schedule, we should be basically playing the same teams (we have 5th hardest so they should be right up there). by the time we play I am hoping we have about 7 wins and they should have a 8 or 9. I just think this is will be the new black and blue division.(if we stay healthy)

B/S-- Texans will sport at least 2 probowlers this season

buy

buy or sell, does demeco ryans start against the eagles?

Hutch13
08-06-2006, 10:19 AM
buy

buy or sell, does demeco ryans start against the eagles?

Buy he has been looking good and hes gunna be great for years to come

B/S Eric Moulds has 875 yards

TFL
08-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Buy he has been looking good and hes gunna be great for years to come

B/S Eric Moulds has 875 yards

Buy

B/S our line will stay the same for at least the first 5 games.

whiskeyrbl
08-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Buy.. Barring any injury . Think a change may come after week 8.

B/S With our improved DLine our DB's make 20 + INT's

Wolf
08-06-2006, 03:29 PM
B/S With our improved DLine our DB's make 20 + INT's

sell, I think our DB's will have a shade under and some of our LB's will get some INT's.

B/S our defensive ranking go from 30ish last year to in the top 10 :hmmm:

swtbound07
08-06-2006, 03:32 PM
sell, I think our DB's will have a shade under and some of our LB's will get some INT's.

B/S our defensive ranking go from 30ish last year to in the top 10 :hmmm:

sell. no defense that starts a phillip buchanon will be a top 10. Its just like a law.

B/S
The texans could be in first in our division and the colts would still get more coverage

Hulk75
08-06-2006, 03:36 PM
sell. no defense that starts a phillip buchanon will be a top 10. Its just like a law.

B/S
The texans could be in first in our division and the colts would still get more coverage
Sell-Thats only if Sage starts though, right?

Buy or Sell- David Carr goes to the Pro Bowl.:shades:

swtbound07
08-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Sell-Thats only if Sage starts though, right?

Buy or Sell- David Carr goes to the Pro Bowl.:shades:

Buy.....only if he purchases a ticket.

B/S...Carr could have a miserable season and Hulk would still champion his cause

Big J
08-06-2006, 03:42 PM
"Moulds will get first touchdown"

Sell. 5 yard pass to Putzier for TD is what is going to happen.

Buy/Sell

Dunta gets 5+ interceptions this season.

Hulk75
08-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Sell. 5 yard pass to Putzier for TD is what is going to happen.

Buy/Sell

Dunta gets 5+ interceptions this season.
MAN............?

Buy, I think just having a Vet on the other side and a better Pass Rush is going to elevate Duntas game.

Buy or Sell- Rookie Sack record for "Super Freak".

Hulk75
08-06-2006, 03:52 PM

B/S...Carr could have a miserable season and Hulk would still champion his cause
"Could have" now?

Whatever happened to "Going to" and the word "IS"?

Like this "Carr IS going to have a bad year" ARE you not so sure about that anymore?

swtbound07
08-06-2006, 04:04 PM
"Could have" now?

Whatever happened to "Going to" and the word "IS"?

Like this "Carr IS going to have a bad year" ARE you not so sure about that anymore?

Wasn't watching my grammar. Feel free to change could to will.

Wolf
08-06-2006, 04:13 PM
MAN............?

Buy or Sell- Rookie Sack record for "Super Freak".

sell.. if by you mean "Super Freak" aka Mario but if you mean Ryans maybe ;)

B/S ...we will score more than 30 points in one game this season

D-Vizzl
08-06-2006, 04:16 PM

definitely buy, but 18 of those come from KB

Buy\Sell--If Joppru makes the team, he plays in at least 10 games.

Hulk75
08-06-2006, 04:16 PM

Buy-Shoot, I bet we score 30 points in 5 or 6 games this year.:cool:

Thats only if Carr does not play though right SW?:)

Wolf
08-06-2006, 04:20 PM
definitely buy, but 18 of those come from KB

Buy\Sell--If Joppru makes the team, he plays in at least 10 games.

Buy based on what we have heard in practice. (did I just jinx him)

b/s Pbuc is our comeback player of the year :stirpot:

swtbound07
08-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Buy-Shoot, I bet we score 30 points in 5 or 6 games this year.:cool:

Thats only if Carr does not play though right SW?:)
You are correct sir. START SAGE!

Hutch13
08-06-2006, 04:38 PM
You are correct sir. START SAGE!

Haha good one SWT :) Carr is way better than Sage ... just look at the stats and how they play

TexansLucky13
08-06-2006, 04:56 PM

Buy or Sell.... SWTBound can post more than 5 times in one thread without saying the words Carr and fail in the same sentence?

OK I don't actually need anyone to post a response to that, the answer is surely sell.

TexanFanInCC
08-06-2006, 07:04 PM
buy or sell

the texans will have 2 40+ point games this year.

Wolf
08-07-2006, 06:19 PM
buy or sell

the texans will have 2 40+ point games this year.

sell..we might have one but we are playing a very tough schedule and learning a new scheme

B/S.........we will get a win over the Colts this season

Buffi2
08-07-2006, 06:31 PM
B/S.........we will get a win over the Colts this season

Buy....I think we have a good chance this year as opposed to no chance in previous years.

B/S DD won't play this year.

swtbound07
08-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Buy or Sell.... SWTBound can post more than 5 times in one thread without saying the words Carr and fail in the same sentence?

OK I don't actually need anyone to post a response to that, the answer is surely sell.

perhaps you arent aquainted with my work in the no spin zone sir....

TexanFan881
08-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Buy....I think we have a good chance this year as opposed to no chance in previous years.

B/S DD won't play this year.

I'll sell. I think he will play at some point in the season but it won't be much.

Buy or Sell: Chris Taylor will see a significant amount of time of playing time at RB in the regular season

TFL
08-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Buy or Sell: Chris Taylor will see a significant amount of time of playing time at RB in the regular season

Sell

B/S Our Main Rb (who ever it is) will Avg over 4.8 yds

TexansLucky13
08-07-2006, 06:43 PM
perhaps you arent aquainted with my work in the no spin zone sir....

I try to avoid it. :rolleyes:

Wolf
08-07-2006, 07:07 PM

Sell

B/S Our Main Rb (who ever it is) will Avg over 4.8 yds

sell.. this was a tough one and tempted to buy ..6 people got more..(I might eat crow because Davis averaged 4.2 last season and we upgraded a bunch)

B/S AJ will have more than 1200 yards receiving

TexanFan881
08-07-2006, 07:11 PM
sell.. this was a tough one and tempted to buy ..6 people got more..(I might eat crow because Davis averaged 4.2 last season and we upgraded a bunch)

B/S AJ will have more than 1200 yards receiving

I'll buy that. Carr will get more time and from camp it sounds like AJ has been killing everyone.

Buy or Sell: We have two WRs with 1000+ yards

Hutch13
08-07-2006, 07:19 PM
I'll buy that. Carr will get more time and from camp it sounds like AJ has been killing everyone.

Buy or Sell: We have two WRs with 1000+ yards

Sell, i think eric moulds will have like 850 yards and 6 or 7 tds

B/S: We are top 13 in sacks

TexanFan881
08-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Sell, i think eric moulds will have like 850 yards and 6 or 7 tds

B/S: We are top 13 in sacks

Buy. I'm really excited about what our DL has done so far in training camp and I'm excited to see them crush QBs.

Buy or Sell: David Carr changes the minds of his doubters

TexansLucky13
08-07-2006, 08:17 PM
David Carr changes the minds of his doubters

Sell. Whether it be Vince Young, a grudge against Fresno, a hidden love for Joey Harrington or California-haters..... those who dislike Carr now will never like him, no matter where he carries us.

B/S.... 3 Texans make the Pro Bowl this year

Wolf
08-07-2006, 08:32 PM
B/S.... 3 Texans make the Pro Bowl this year

buy.. I think if things go well. we get AJ involved in slants again.. AJ goes...with our front 4... I think D-rob has a very good chance and maybe one of the LB's (due to our front 4)..(IMO Mario is going to make an impact more on his presence as a rookie than as a rookie and if he does.. WOW)

b/s we have (dare I mention this) an offensive lineman make the probowl?

TexansLucky13
08-07-2006, 08:36 PM

Buy.... with Willie Roaf gone we may have a chance to slide Winston in there, assuming he performs like I hope he will.

B/S... The Texans have a better record than the Colts for the 2006 season.

TexanFan881
08-07-2006, 08:37 PM
buy.. I think if things go well. we get AJ involved in slants again.. AJ goes...with our front 4... I think D-rob has a very good chance and maybe one of the LB's (due to our front 4)..(IMO Mario is going to make an impact more on his presence as a rookie than as a rookie and if he does.. WOW)

the OL has come far, but not THAT far. I couldn't dream any of our OL in the pro bowl this year.

Buy or Sell: We are in the top 10 in the league in rushing

TexansLucky13
08-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Buy or Sell: We are in the top 10 in the league in rushing

Sell... I just don't see it. I wish I could say our situation at RB was stable, but with DDs questionable health and a healing O-line.... I don't see us in the top 10. 15 maybe. 20 likely.

B/S.... Our CBs alone get 12 INTs on the season.

TexanSam
08-07-2006, 10:03 PM
B/S.... Our CBs alone get 12 INTs on the season.

Buy. Even with a depleted secondary, the new defense alone should help.

Buy or sell...The Texans rank in the top 15 in offense.

TexanFan881
08-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Buy. Even with a depleted secondary, the new defense alone should help.

Buy or sell...The Texans rank in the top 15 in offense.

Carr will light up the scoreboards and our rushing game will be effective, so I buy.

Buy or sell: The Texans are in the top 15 in points allowed on defense.

HeartofHouston
08-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Carr will light up the scoreboards and our rushing game will be effective, so I buy.

Buy or sell: The Texans are in the top 15 in points allowed on defense.

I'll That.. the defense as all the components to be in the top 15, strong aggressive D-Line, an infusion of youth, veteran leadership and instincts in the LB corp, the DBs are the shakiest part of the defense but if our front four or seven get pressure we could see some ill-advised throws from the opposing QBs.

Buy or Sell?
We Beat The Indianapolis Colts this year??

TexanFanInCC
08-08-2006, 02:37 PM
i may be crazy, but im buying. ever since the chargers beat the colts last season, teams have been studying the chargers formula for success, which is pretty much just keep a guy in mannings grill the whole time. the texans got mario williams to do just that. u wont outscore the colts if you dont have a defense. a legitimate pass rush is about the only thing that can stop manning and i think that with mario and babin/peek in the 4-3, our pass rush has a chance to be WAY better than people think.

buy/sell the texans will be in the top 10 in the league in forced turnovers.

if you sell, then buy or sell, the texans will have a positive turnover differential this season.