PDA

View Full Version : Texans' play of the day (video clip)

texan279
08-05-2006, 09:40 PM
http://www.khou.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=79747&catId=505

This must be the catch Joppru made that everyone was talking about in the training camp thread, what a catch!

TexanSam
08-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Wow! I hope he can do that often. The catch and getting in the endzone that is.

TexansLucky13
08-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Joppru showed good moves today. My only hope is that he or Putzier can be as good of a blocker as Bruener. If that happens, our TE set will be a serious force to reckon with! :stirpot:

Texan Asylum
08-05-2006, 10:06 PM
AWE-SOME!!! I am officially too dang excited to wait any longer. :bananasplit:

TexanSam
08-05-2006, 10:09 PM
You know what? That's the first time I've ever seen Bennie Joppru on a field actually playing. We've never seen him in a game and I never saw him in college.

TexansLucky13
08-05-2006, 10:14 PM
You know what? That's the first time I've ever seen Bennie Joppru on a field actually playing. We've never seen him in a game and I never saw him in college.

I noticed this as well. I remember all the talk about the injuries, but he seems to be (at least to the naked eye) in good condition. Let's hope that he can put that behind him and stay healthy! He looks to me like he could be a dangerous weapon.

dtran04
08-05-2006, 10:56 PM
How many posts until Carr haters say that the ball was overthrown? :)

Texan Asylum
08-05-2006, 10:59 PM
It couldn't have been overthrown, it was thrown just perfect to qualify it as the "Texans Play of the Day".:)

TexansLucky13
08-05-2006, 11:03 PM

Wait until either SWTBound, TwinSister or thunderkyss get online. :hides:

TEXANRED
08-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Ha. I thought the exact same thing.

But the ball was over thrown. Or Jop was to slow to get to his spot. Take your pick.

TexansLucky13
08-05-2006, 11:05 PM
But the ball was over thrown. Or Jop was to slow to get to his spot. Take your pick.

Either way he took a nasty spill after the catch.

texan279
08-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Either way he took a nasty spill after the catch.

Yeah I kind of cringed and held my breath when he took that tumble to the ground...:crutch:

TexansLucky13
08-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah I kind of cringed and held my breath when he took that tumble to the ground...:crutch:

Haha, I remember watching him skid across the grass. I was hoping he hadn't broken anything. Can't wait to see him perform though.

tulexan
08-05-2006, 11:19 PM

I'm sure the entire team was holding their breath until he got up.

texan279
08-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm sure the entire team was holding their breath until he got up.

What bothers me is that I'll probably do that everytime he goes up for a ball or takes a hit during the entire season.

tulexan
08-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Maybe Joppru has gone Costanza on us is doing the exact opposite of what he used to do which means that he will start to deliver the pain and injure opposing players on the field.

Mr. Glass could turn into the Punisher.

texan279
08-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Maybe Joppru has gone Costanza on us is doing the exact opposite of what he used to do which means that he will start to deliver the pain and injure opposing players on the field.

Mr. Glass could turn into the Punisher.

:rofl:

"Hi, my name is George. Iím unemployed and I live with my parents. Would you like to go out with me?"

TexansLucky13
08-05-2006, 11:35 PM
:rofl:

"Hi, my name is George. Iím unemployed and I live with my parents. Would you like to go out with me?"

I love that show. I was thinking the same thing... hahaa.

Shouldnt you be working, texan279?? Haha.

South Texan
08-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Hands as soft as a baby's backside!

I also enjoyed Earl shaking his head in disbelief and the hi-five from the DE (Kalu?).

From the one of the recent training camp reports, Kubiak seems to be high on Joppru so I think he will be somewhere on the roster.

painekiller
08-06-2006, 12:04 AM
I agree seeing the defense congratulate a great effort is very good to see. As Kubiak has said they finally becoming a team. Not different units.

TexansLucky13
08-06-2006, 12:08 AM
This is kindof off topic, but did you guys see that catch AJ made later in practice? The ball was thrown into double coverage by Carr, and I cant remember if it was Walker or Malone, but one of them was standing there waiting for the interception (it was heading almost right to him). All of a sudden AJ smashed into the defender (still cant remember which one it was that he displaced) and made a sweet catch. I just thought it was an exclamation point to an awesome peformance by AJ in the past week.

Hulk75
08-06-2006, 09:36 AM
.:perfect10: NICE, hope that helps Jopp.

Was a pefect thrown ball as well.:cool: :redtowel:

alphajoker
08-06-2006, 10:56 AM
I can't see the clip. Everytime I click on the link it opens saying loading videos but nothing happens after that. Is there another way of viewing this highlight?

TexansLucky13
08-06-2006, 10:59 AM
I can't see the clip. Everytime I click on the link it opens saying loading videos but nothing happens after that. Is there another way of viewing this highlight?

When I tried to view the clip, it made Firefox crash. Luckily I was watching it yesterday and I know exactly what they are talking about. I was standing right next to the three cameramen.

alphajoker
08-06-2006, 11:06 AM
When I tried to view the clip, it made Firefox crash. Luckily I was watching it yesterday and I know exactly what they are talking about. I was standing right next to the three cameramen.

Yeah I guess that would be one other way of watching it. True to the name there Lucky13. I wish I could have been there.:crying:

TexansLucky13
08-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Yeah I guess that would be one other way of watching it. True to the name there Lucky13. I wish I could have been there.:crying:

Haha, yea man I wish you could have gone. I went to two practices, both of them morning ones. The best thing about the practice was just being so close to things. I mean, when I went last Sunday, I got really close to the coaches and managers. I was right there next to Rick Smith for at least 30 minutes, could have slapped him on the back. Same with John McClain and Slovak, the news guys. I only got Kris Browns sig but I almost got ran over by AJ (which I would have liked).

Yesterdays practice I was a lot closer to the players. When they were doing Off v Def drills, a lot of the players were on the sidelines.... about five feet from me. AJ, Moulds, Antowain Smith, Babin, and Morency are just a few. DD waved at us. Mathis was walking around in a brace, wearing a gatorade towel over his head to block the heat. He looked like he really wanted to be playing. I also got a really good picture of Kubiak taking a knee, watching the team practice.

All in all it was an awesome experience.

mexican_texan
08-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Try Opera (www.opera.com)

So I'm guessing I should really look out for the slants this year? After the grab-and-run AJ made against the Packers in '04, I figured Capers would have tried to get him "picks" from other WRs to free up some space for him to run around. Instead, AJ was hit with one-yard slants.

SA Fan
08-06-2006, 04:20 PM
cool:redtowel: