PDA

View Full Version : #85 will be live!!!!

pittbull
08-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Mark these words. The most underrated pick-up of the offseason, one that made most of us scratch our heads origionally, is Kevin Walters. This guy is the protoype #3 receiver for a Texans receiving corp., and with him being in only his 4th year, with not too much use in Cinci, he has alot of years left. Look for him to maybe produce into a good #2 if Moulds isn't what we think. Runs great routes, will cross the middle, make tough catches, and has great size. This kid is good. Look for him to make a bunch of plays this season. Reminds me of McCaffrey when he was with the Broncos. Can't wait to see the WR's in action this season!:hunter: :chicken:

texan279
08-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Man I thought this was a Chad Johnson thread by some troll until I saw who posted it lol....:whip: I agree though, and I think we'll get 2 good seasons out of Moulds (I hope). The one thing I heard about the guy from every Cinci fan I talked to was he has good hands.

texflex513
08-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Kevin Walters made some unbelievable catches here in cinci when he did get to play i am very excited about him coming to our texans... gonna be a good yr for him to showcase his talents..... TEXANS4LIFE!!!!

TexansLucky13
08-05-2006, 10:08 PM
Yea, our WR set looks really good. AJ, Moulds, Walters... followed by whoever can step up and take the #4 spot. What do you guys think? Personally I see it as a battle between Jake Schifino and Derrick Armstrong.

I think both Schifino and Armstrong have their own pros and cons, but they share a lot. They both have excellent hands. Armstrong seems to have more breakaway speed, but Schifino did an excellent job of faking out the CBs in 1v1.

No matter which one grabs the spot, I know that we will have a win win situation. I think that we may have the best 3rd and 4th string WRs in the AFC South. Not to mention that we have the 2nd best 1st and 2nd string WRs.... arguably behind Harrison and Wayne.

Lets hope that our line allows David to have some time to give these guys the ball. Im excited to see each of them perform.

YoungTexanFan
08-05-2006, 11:41 PM
I think #16 Ross will take a roster spot. I don't think we can not give him one. He has been amazing.

TexansLucky13
08-05-2006, 11:44 PM
I think #16 Ross will take a roster spot. I don't think we can not give him one. He has been amazing.

It's just been hard for me to choose, man. I wanted to narrow it down to two guys for arguments sake, but there are a handful of guys in the running. I agree that Ross has shown a touch of talent as well. Personally I saw more in Schifino, but truth be told.... I don' think that there is a snowballs chance of #19 being on the depth chart for 2006. It's too bad, IMO.

MorKnolle
08-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Yea, our WR set looks really good. AJ, Moulds, Walters... followed by whoever can step up and take the #4 spot. What do you guys think? Personally I see it as a battle between Jake Schifino and Derrick Armstrong.

I think both Schifino and Armstrong have their own pros and cons, but they share a lot. They both have excellent hands. Armstrong seems to have more breakaway speed, but Schifino did an excellent job of faking out the CBs in 1v1.

No matter which one grabs the spot, I know that we will have a win win situation. I think that we may have the best 3rd and 4th string WRs in the AFC South. Not to mention that we have the 2nd best 1st and 2nd string WRs.... arguably behind Harrison and Wayne.

Lets hope that our line allows David to have some time to give these guys the ball. Im excited to see each of them perform.

As of right now Derrick Lewis is likely the #4 WR, and he can return kicks. Derick Armstrong has a chance of making it although they haven't given him many reps and don't seem to like him very much, probably because he's pretty slow and can't create any kind of separation. Schifino and Ross have both showed flashes of being decent prospects, between them I'd pick Schifino as our #5 WR as of now (assuming we keep 5 on the active roster), and Ross maybe sticking with the practice squad. That also depends on if Jerome Mathis is on the PUP to start the year or if they leave him on the active roster.

D-Vizzl
08-06-2006, 09:02 AM
I've been on shutdown at the job and can't make the open practices. I want to know how is Walter at route running, his speed, and his seperation?

Hulk75
08-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Mark these words. The most underrated pick-up of the offseason, one that made most of us scratch our heads origionally, is Kevin Walters. This guy is the protoype #3 receiver for a Texans receiving corp., and with him being in only his 4th year, with not too much use in Cinci, he has alot of years left. Look for him to maybe produce into a good #2 if Moulds isn't what we think. Runs great routes, will cross the middle, make tough catches, and has great size. This kid is good. Look for him to make a bunch of plays this season. Reminds me of McCaffrey when he was with the Broncos. Can't wait to see the WR's in action this season!:hunter: :chicken:
AGREE! This is a guy that needs to stay healthy, and could very easy be a 2 nd WR after Moulds is gone.