PDA

View Full Version : RB question

newtexfan
08-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Taylor is getting all the love from the fans that post on this board.I keep hearing about Smith,Lundy,Morency and Taylor.Not much mention of Rhodes.But when I go on post patterns or Bull pen some of the fans speak highly of him and say he is right in the thick of it.And Coach K said he made a heck of a play the other day and no mention of that either here.I'm just curious and want the best players to earn a spot on the team.And I'm sure that will be the case at the end of the day.Like I said just curious.

Texans_Chick
08-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Taylor is getting all the love from the fans that post on this board.I keep hearing about Smith,Lundy,Morency and Taylor.Not much mention of Rhodes.But when I go on post patterns or Bull pen some of the fans speak highly of him and say he is right in the thick of it.And Coach K said he made a heck of a play the other day and no mention of that either here.I'm just curious and want the best players to earn a spot on the team.And I'm sure that will be the case at the end of the day.Like I said just curious.

I think out of the rookies, whoever survives training camp by listening to coaching, holding onto the ball and making special teams contributions, will be in line to be on the field. They have to work hard all camp and not get hurt.

TE coach Pariani has Kubiak's ear, and is familiar with Rhodes from his time at Syracuse. Basically, Rhodes was the entire Syracuse offense talent-wise and often defenses were aimed at just stopping him.

He had a rep of being too east-west in college, and basically it is a matter of him taking direction.

I should be doing a BIG fanblog post on the Texans running backs as soon as they publish it. It should be up hopefully soon.

I am guessing they are testing out the young guys behind different lines. At least, that is what I'd be doing.

newtexfan
08-05-2006, 04:30 PM
I know it has been said before,but not by me:You are very impressive " Texas Chick".