PDA

View Full Version : Dan LeBatard clear upgrade over Kornheiser on PTI

nunusguy
08-04-2006, 07:48 PM
The ESPN-ACLU combo needs to practice what it preaches, and put diversity
ahead of home office politics and replace Tony Kornheiser with Danny Le Batard on its PTI show.
Kornheiser may attend the same "church" as those who run the combo, but
the Miami columist is more qualified to be Michael Welbon's cohost because he simply knows more about sports than Kornheiser. And he's a very, very
sharp guy who is also more provocative and entertaining than TK.
And Le Tard is Cuban-American. How many Cuban-Americans can you name besides Luci's dead husband who are or were TV personalites ? And in the
Sports field ?
C'mon ESPN-ACLU, do the right thing !

mexican_texan
08-04-2006, 07:58 PM
I think Le Batard is replacing Kornheiser when Monday Night Football starts. I think.

nunusguy
08-04-2006, 08:33 PM
I think Le Batard is replacing Kornheiser when Monday Night Football starts. I think.
I hope you're right M_T, because Danny and Mike have very good chemistry
which will only develope and Danny also knows his stuff.
ON MNF, I like Mike Tirico doing play-by-play, but don't know what Theisman
brings to the show ?
If they want to go with the Kornheiser experiment, why not put him and
Mel Gibson on together ? Wouldn't that tend to make the show more lively than attempts at banter between Kornheiser and Theisman ?

Smokedawg
08-04-2006, 11:26 PM
I Like Tony i guess becacuse he is an ol' goober. lol

Hutch13
08-04-2006, 11:40 PM
I feel like tony and michael have great chemistry and the fact that i have been watching them for the past 3 or 4 years makes it weird for not one of them to be on.

Smokedawg
08-04-2006, 11:50 PM
I feel like tony and michael have great chemistry and the fact that i have been watching them for the past 3 or 4 years makes it weird for not one of them to be on.
Agreed, Dan reminds me to much of Drew Rosenhaus with his attitude.

Hutch13
08-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Agreed, Dan reminds me to much of Drew Rosenhaus with his attitude.

Those two sort of look a likewith the black hair. they seem to be around the same height and weight or is that just me?

Smokedawg
08-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Those two sort of look a likewith the black hair. they seem to be around the same height and weight or is that just me?
It's True, they both look and act like cheesy used car salesmen

TexanSam
08-04-2006, 11:55 PM
I don't want anyone to replace either Mike or Tony. It's weird when one of them is gone for just one episode. Is Tony going to leave the show full-time or only on Monday's? Mike and Tony arguing is hilarious. Dan and Mike Wilbon...not so much.

Hutch13
08-05-2006, 12:05 AM
It's True, they both look and act like cheesy used car salesmen

Exactly! Couldnt say it better my self

WildBlackBear32
08-05-2006, 12:14 AM
DLB is growing on me but there is no way he even comes close to the Entertainment value that Kornheiser brings. He's got the kind of humor for every generation of fan, often making jokes about today's pop culture and making references to back in "his day". It's just good stuff from him and Wilbon.

RTP2110
08-05-2006, 10:32 PM
DLB is growing on me but there is no way he even comes close to the Entertainment value that Kornheiser brings. He's got the kind of humor for every generation of fan, often making jokes about today's pop culture and making references to back in "his day". It's just good stuff from him and Wilbon.

Agreed. TK is the show for me.

kastofsna
08-06-2006, 02:46 PM
the show is designed so anyone can fill the spot easily. kornheiser is the best.

Tulip
08-06-2006, 05:03 PM
This PTI combo came to be because of two guys who have been working together at the same newspaper forever. That's what works for me (when I watch it).

bigtex77
08-06-2006, 08:12 PM
I like Tony and Mike together and I'm not a big fan of Lebatard. I just wish Tony would retire the "Penguin Dance" forever. I want to punch him in the face every time he does it.

WildBlackBear32
08-06-2006, 08:16 PM
I like Tony and Mike together and I'm not a big fan of Lebatard. I just wish Tony would retire the "Penguin Dance" forever. I want to punch him in the face every time he does it.

Ahahahhaha the Penguin dance is the best thing in the history of television.

tulexan
08-06-2006, 09:29 PM
I think Tony is going to be doing PTI from the road during football season just like Wilbon occasionally does it from the road when he is covering major sporting events.

I remember hearing him talk about that a few months ago.

kastofsna
08-07-2006, 12:07 AM
PTI itself will be on the road for the MNF games.

Smokedawg
08-07-2006, 12:58 AM
I still don't see how Tony can do MNF because he is in bed by 9:00!

nunusguy
08-07-2006, 08:28 AM
I still don't see how Tony can do MNF
Texans fans, I remember Howard Cosell. I was a Howard Cosell fan, and
Texans fans, TK is no Howard Cosell.

powerfuldragon
08-07-2006, 12:08 PM
The ESPN-ACLU combo needs to practice what it preaches, and put diversity
ahead of home office politics and replace Tony Kornheiser with Danny Le Batard on its PTI show.
Kornheiser may attend the same "church" as those who run the combo, but
the Miami columist is more qualified to be Michael Welbon's cohost because he simply knows more about sports than Kornheiser. And he's a very, very
sharp guy who is also more provocative and entertaining than TK.
And Le Tard is Cuban-American. How many Cuban-Americans can you name besides Luci's dead husband who are or were TV personalites ? And in the
Sports field ?
C'mon ESPN-ACLU, do the right thing !
sigh.

They control the media and hollywood, right?
:sarcasm:

tulexan
08-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Anyone see the ad that the creators of South Park are running in Hollywood trade papers for their emmy nominated "Trapped in a Closet" episode?

http://www.wwtdd.com/images/sp1.shtml

powerfuldragon
08-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Anyone see the ad that the creators of South Park are running in Hollywood trade papers for their emmy nominated "Trapped in a Closet" episode?

http://www.wwtdd.com/images/sp1.shtml
hadn't seen it. Thanks. lol: