PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 Vs. Philadelphia

Phiilyphan06
08-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Im an Eagles fan, so I thought I'd get a perspective from the opponet.

How do you think this game will turn out?

My only concerns, are that Davis might re-submerge, and that our corners can't handle moulds and Johnson.

whiskeyrbl
08-04-2006, 04:20 PM
From what I can gather watchout for the SLANT!!!! Texans 24 Eagles 10

TexanSam
08-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Well none of us know what the Texans will look like with the new coaches. We have an offensive minded coach, but we haven't played an preseason games yet so it's hard to determine strengths and weaknesses right now. But we're all positive about everything. The Texans are gonna win though.

santo
08-04-2006, 04:31 PM
and that our corners can't handle moulds and Johnson.

you are correct ...:redtowel: :redtowel: :redtowel: :logo:

Brandon420tx
08-04-2006, 04:33 PM
You might want to tell your O-Line to watch out.... we will have 4 monsters on them at all times.

whiskeyrbl
08-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Tell McNabb to wear his flack jacket!!!!

Phiilyphan06
08-04-2006, 04:38 PM
What is this, smack talk?

AJExplosion80
08-04-2006, 04:40 PM
You might tell McNabb to watch out because we have #90 :hunter: McNabb to knock him out. We will have a lot of rollouts and a lot more running this year with actually positive yardage.

Phiilyphan06
08-04-2006, 04:43 PM
You might tell McNabb to watch out because we have #90 :hunter: McNabb to knock him out. We will have a lot of rollouts and a lot more running this year with actually positive yardage.

Well Westbrook could lighten the load for Mcnabb, and we got Wintston Justice and Max gean-gilles in the draft. Hes a beat.

NEROtheZERO
08-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Re-submerge?

AtheGreat
08-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Wait till middle of preseason then we'll talk.

Brandon420tx
08-04-2006, 04:48 PM
What is this, smack talk?

You have to forgive some of us, we're very excited about this year, especially our pass rush. You mentioned Max gean-gilles is he already working with your first team?

blockhead83
08-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Should be a close game, IMO. Lots of question marks for both teams. Can the Eagles anemic offense get the ball rolling now with a healthy McNabb and more importantly without T.O.? What is the Texans defense going to look like under the new scheme and coaching regime? I don't think it will be very high scoring, as neither team has an established power house offense, and I think the game will come down to which opportunistic defense takes advantage of the opposing offenses mistakes.....the game will probably be decided by crucial turnovers.

As much as we homers would like to say our offense will instantly bear a striking resemblance to Denver, it's much more likely that they'll show flashes of becoming a dynamic offense, but be mired with mistakes early in the season. Same goes for the defense, the Texans are a completely new team this year. No idea how it's gonna look on the field at this point, but I'm gonna postulate that the Texans are going to play hard for Kubiak, and that right there is enough to keep us competitive in most games.

Phiilyphan06
08-04-2006, 04:50 PM
You have to forgive some of us, we're very excited about this year, especially our pass rush. You mentioned Max gean-gilles is he already working with your first team?
I can understand that, we had a bad year as well so you have to be hungry.

Gilles is battling todd herremans for the starting spot, and otdd is moving from lt to lg, so Max looks favored right now.

Phiilyphan06
08-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Should be a close game, IMO. Lots of question marks for both teams. Can the Eagles anemic offense get the ball rolling now with a healthy McNabb and more importantly without T.O.? What is the Texans defense going to look like under the new scheme and coaching regime? I don't think it will be very high scoring, as neither team has an established power house offense, and I think the game will come down to which opportunistic defense takes advantage of the opposing offenses mistakes.....the game will probably be decided by crucial turnovers.

As much as we homers would like to say our offense will instantly bear a striking resemblance to Denver, it's much more likely that they'll show flashes of becoming a dynamic offense, but be mired with mistakes early in the season. Same goes for the defense, the Texans are a completely new team this year. No idea how it's gonna look on the field at this point, but I'm gonna postulate that the Texans are going to play hard for Kubiak, and that right there is enough to keep us competitive in most games.
This is the best post i've seen so far. Thank you. Thats was very refreshing.

TEXANRED
08-04-2006, 04:52 PM

My only concerns, are that Davis might re-submerge, and that our corners can't handle moulds and Johnson.
Oh PP. Why put yourself through the torment of thinking about the first game of the year. If I were you I would go ahead and look forward to week 2.

Drob is going to hammer Westbrook and even Pbuc can cover Gaffney!

Brandon420tx
08-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Thats interesting, it seems there is a small (like 3%) chance that both of our teams will start rookie lineman.

HOU-TEX
08-04-2006, 04:57 PM

Well if you are able to handle them, watch out for Walter and Putzier.:redtowel:

GP
08-04-2006, 05:06 PM
I see Philly coming into Reliant Stadium the way we went into Ralph Wilson Stadium (Or whatever the name of the Bills' stadium is).

Point is this: The Eagles are coming into a literal beehive of intensity similar to what we went into in our first game last year vs. the Bills. I predicted, weeks in advance, that we'd get bombed by the Bills...and did we ever!

I see an Eagles team that is smartly coached by Andy Reid. Problem is that they are a little "in search of themselves" after the mess with T.O. and its residual effects--McNabb has to truly re-capture his leadership role, and this year's Texans are not in any way the same old team that was America's punchline last year, and so I see McNabb getting in trouble early.

Gaffney is for you what Phillip Buchanon was for us: He's a guy that has a recognizable name, and there's not much game to either one of them. We got screwed when we got Buchanon, and you guys are not going to be happy with Gaffney...he'll make some grabs, but he'll never be the visionary threat or talent that he ought to be. He was born to be a 4th WR on a 3 WR team. You can thank several years of un-coaching by Dom Capers for that one.

I am glad you no longer have T.O., because that guy ruined your team in a hurry. In addition, the timeframe for NFL teams to be successful for mutliple years has, in my opinion, passed by the Eagles. I think this is the year that the team declines more...and the hooks come out for Andy Reid. Will het get the same respect that Bill Cowher got when Cowher's teams began to slide a little? I don't know. I like Reid as a coach, but the talent level in Philly, as far as I can see it when I watch them, is beginning to fade a little. No Hugh Douglas. No T.O. A Westbrook who was running well early last year, and then all of a sudden the Eagles went away from running the ball. And McNabb who says he's shaken off T.O. but yet it's STILL a topic that he speaks of today.

It ain't looking good for week 1 for the Eagles. We got hammered last year when we went into a hornets' nest...and I fear that it'll be a similar outcome for your team when they come to Reliant.

This is no homer talk going on. And it isn't smacj talk. I just think this is NOT the same Texans team, not by a country mile.

Good luck to your guys.

EF55
08-04-2006, 05:42 PM

Well if you are able to handle them, watch out for Walter and Putzier.:redtowel:

We had a problem with good tight ends last year, but I really think the Eagles will re-emerge as a dominant "D" in our conference this year.

nunusguy
08-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Gilles is battling todd herremans for the starting spot, and otdd is moving from lt to lg, so Max looks favored right now.
I'm more interested in another OLineman you guys got who some think was
one of the steals of the Draft - Winston Justice ? How's he progressing and
did they decide to put him at RT or LT ?

HOU-TEX
08-04-2006, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=HOU-TEX]

We had a problem with good tight ends last year, but I really think the Eagles will re-emerge as a dominant "D" in our conference this year.

Well, at least you said your conference. That excludes the Texans, so I guess we'll be able to run up the points.:drool:

EF55
08-04-2006, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE=EF55]

Well, at least you said your conference. That excludes the Texans, so I guess we'll be able to run up the points.:drool:

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. Our division alone will have some pretty stout defenses this year.
Hey who knows what will happen opening day.
I follow the Texans as well so I'm excited for them this season just not opening day.
As we get closer to the game I'm sure we'll talk some more in terms of comparing the two teams. This notion that our recievers are bad is not exactly an issue really though at least between these two teams.
True enough they're not proven but even if they are just average nothing special kind of receivers:

#5 + any recievers + mediocre corners = great passing game
#5 + any recievers + good corners = ok to good passing game

Here's why...

McNabb has always had (allegedly) less than desirable targets before TO and he went to the Pro bowl 4 times and 3 NFC championship games then once again with TO. He runs a pass oriented offense for crying out loud. It's by committee usually and he'll complete passes to over 10 different players quite frequently during a game. There are no big guys, although Reggie Brown may turn out to be better than average.

He holds the NFL record as the only QB to throw 30 or more td's while having single degit interceptions in a season. Although he did that with TO in the line up for most of the season. And he has I beleive the record for consecutive completions. By the way TO never even played a complete season in Philadelphia. Yet of TO's 101 career TD's he caught 20 of them from McNabb. Thats 20% in that short time frame! McNabb made TO better just as much or more than TO made McNabb better. This will all become obvious this year. When TO played with Garcia who was an all pro QB at the time, they never went to an NFCCG, they never set any records, and the Eagles spanked their arse when they played each other. TO was good and will continue to be good but he will never have someone like Dmac tossing to him again.
I'm telling you the difference maker is McNabb, always has been and he is reportedly in the best shape of his life right now, gnawing at the bit to get out there and rebutt all the nay sayers. If you don't think you have to worry about McNabbs passing game, you have bought TO's book

jgl35
08-04-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm more interested in another OLineman you guys got who some think was
one of the steals of the Draft - Winston Justice ? How's he progressing and
did they decide to put him at RT or LT ?
Justice is up and down. Looks all world on one play, next beaten badly. Is being taught by D. Howard, who is having a wonderful camp. I look for Justice to get playing time during the season and replace Thomas next year. The talent is there. Learing the pro game is the next part.
Using Justice at LT only. He received a lot of work early with the first team as Thomas takes blood thinners and they take no chances when he comes off them at the start of camp. Thomas has a history of blood clots and back problems. They take it easy with him early.
Justice should play a lot Sunday
Side note. Jean- Gilles is running third team. Herremans is the starting guard and will remain so. J-G came into mini camp out of shape. TC was better, but has much to learn before he ever hits the field. Pre season J-G will get work behind a guard named Scott Young, who has all ready been in two fights in the first week of camp.

YoungTexanFan
08-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Well, we also have our own massive answer to Jiles...Charles Spencer. Spencer has been running with our first team as well, but he is in much better shape and will be the better pro I think. Spence is a hoss though, tipping the scales at last official report at 337 I believe.

We also have an answer to your Winston...Eric Winston. Eric Winston also played for one of the top college programs, and prior to his injury, he was a top 10 lock and rated higher than your Winston who was off the team and ahead of Fergueson. He is fighting for a spot, but he will be a back up this year most likely.

Also, we happened to aquire DeMeco Ryans. He has impressed the coaches with how fast he is learning the playbook and reacting to the ball. He is actually my pick for DROY over Mario.

Speaking of Mario, he has absolutely dominated everyone and everything. He is a beast in every sense. He will require a double-team from your aging line. Our entire D-line has been revamped. Anthoney Weaver, our top FA signing, has moved inside to DT and is excelling according to all reports and has all but secured a starting spot. Our front four is going to put pressure on McNabb to be on top of this game.

I wouldn't count on your recievers at this point just yet. Pinkston is a starter from the reports I read from you camp, and that is never a great sign. Gaff will be a good 3rd option, but don't expect anything more from him. He has average speed and rarely finds the hole in the zone. Your offense is going to need to rely on Westbrook more than it will.

Hutch13
08-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Like some of yall are saying, watch out on our D-Line its going to be good. Eric Moulds should have a good game.

WiiBrawler
08-04-2006, 11:01 PM
Its Going To Be A 24-21 game won by the Texans, The Texans will come back from a 17-21 defelct inside to 2 minute warning, this will show our true character

Hulk75
08-04-2006, 11:14 PM

35 Texans
17 Eagles

Sorry it is our turn now.:cool:

TexanFan881
08-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Of course we predict that we're going to win. I'm sure if I went over to one of your boards and asked about our game they would say that you guys are going to win. Its the nature of fans. If we didn't feel we had a shot at winning every game before the season starts we wouldn't be texans fans :texflag:

phan1
08-04-2006, 11:50 PM
I said this time and time again, but I am so excited to see our new offense going up against a "live" defense such as Phyllies'. We are going to find out what Carr is made of right away. Of course I predict a Texans win. But it's going to be a great test to really see what we're made of on both sides of the ball. If you guys can get your defense back on track (especially with a healthy Javon Kearse), I think you guys can really get back into the running in your competitive division.

People are not giving the Eagles enough credit IMO. McNabb did it w/o TO before. And with Gaffney, I do think your WRs will be at least as good as what you guys had before TO. Why don't you guys bring back Mitchell? He's definitely not as great as he says he is but he would stilly be a starter for you guys wouldn't he? Or is he really than annoying? :) Anyway, I could easily see you guys making a bid for a wildcard over there.

By the way, how is Bunkley? I've heard great things about him during the draft, but how has his pro transition been? In reference to Travis Johnson, another FSU tackle, I hope you got a much better deal than we did. :-P

EF55
08-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Of course we predict that we're going to win. I'm sure if I went over to one of your boards and asked about our game they would say that you guys are going to win. Its the nature of fans. If we didn't feel we had a shot at winning every game before the season starts we wouldn't be texans fans :texflag:

Very True! The nature of fanhood is to be a homer somewhat in as much as we look at our situation in a glass half full mentality just as you do.

EF55
08-05-2006, 10:04 AM
I said this time and time again, but I am so excited to see our new offense going up against a "live" defense such as Phyllies'. We are going to find out what Carr is made of right away. Of course I predict a Texans win. But it's going to be a great test to really see what we're made of on both sides of the ball. If you guys can get your defense back on track (especially with a healthy Javon Kearse), I think you guys can really get back into the running in your competitive division.

People are not giving the Eagles enough credit IMO. McNabb did it w/o TO before. And with Gaffney, I do think your WRs will be at least as good as what you guys had before TO. Why don't you guys bring back Mitchell? He's definitely not as great as he says he is but he would stilly be a starter for you guys wouldn't he? Or is he really than annoying? :) Anyway, I could easily see you guys making a bid for a wildcard over there.

By the way, how is Bunkley? I've heard great things about him during the draft, but how has his pro transition been? In reference to Travis Johnson, another FSU tackle, I hope you got a much better deal than we did. :-P

Freddie Mitchell could have wrote his ticket after the famed 4th and 26th but he talked his way out of town. He actually did his job as a # 3 reciever but was always considered a bust because he was a first round pick. He is embarassing to an organization, nobody will touch him. He is not a bad receiver though IMO. Just not the reciever he claims to be.

Bunkley just signed on friday and is way behind the curve on learning the defense. It could be hard for him to crack into the line up as a starter as others are having great camps at DT. I would imagine he'll be rotated in and out but won't actually be a starter until the second half of the season.

The Pencil Neck
08-05-2006, 02:05 PM

Well, without TO, the Iggles have had a tendency to start slow and turn it up at the end of the season. But, I think it's going to take some time for the Texans' changes to start to gel, so you're catching us at the right time if you can take advantage of it.

I think your receiving corp is bad and I don't expect much out of Westbrook as a runner. I think our defense is going to surprise you.

On the other side of the ball, you've got a strong d-line and our o-line is still a question mark. Even if Domanick isn't able to come back full strength, we've got some kids at RB that might surprise you. Carr should perform better in this offense. He's going to have more options and they're going to move the pocket more to try to offset the o-line questions. He will be used more as a runner than he has been in the past (even though he has had good running numbers the past few years) and he's basically got 2 #1 receivers.

I expect us to lose this game but I expect it to be close. Andy Reid and Johnson are great coaches who find ways to win games like this.

Good luck and I hope I'm wrong and you lose. :)

Trapped
08-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Eagles are still pretty good in my opinion.

They still have a pretty good dline that will test our Oline immediately and we will know how good our oline is. Kearse, Patterson, Walker, Darren Howard and rookie Bunkley is a pretty good lineup.

They always had LB by commitee and often time the system make there LB's look better so there still solid there.

Sheppard and Sheldon Brown is a great tandem that will test Johnson and Moulds with pro bowl Dawkins and Lewis ready to make some noise.

I expect this game to be a low scoring game. i predict 17-13. Texans win.

threetoedpete
08-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Still really early. First, I don't think Philly is as bad as everyone makes out.You loose thirteen guys durring a season, including your # 1 WR and QB, I don't care who you are you're going to struggle. The game will simply come down to whether we have the tallent to cover Westbrook & L. J. Smith or not. And wether Andy Reid's pledge to run the ball more in '06 is real or just smoke screen coach speak. If Philly establishes the run early, I think the Texans have a pretty rough time beating the Eagles. If they come out chunking the ball, they're playing into Richard Smith's hands. The d line has vastly improved. We're lossing DB's like crazy early in camp. Reid will be tempted to throw against them. If he does, the Texan's have an excellent chance in upsetting them.

Really liked the Eagles draft. Infusion of tallent along the o-line is always prudent. The difference between the two clubs is our two might be forced to go to war ealier than we would like. The Eagles might have the luxuary of working Jean-Gilles and Justice in. Spencer looks to be the real deal. But he is just a rookie. The roll outs will help. But in the end..he's a rookie. Lot of us our holding our breath that Wand comes around.

Got two clubs with weakened LB's and O-lines slugging it out. Difference is our first six are brutal. Philly game is a linch pin to our entire season. Where as, even though you play in a tougher conference, you gotta couple a "give me's" the first six. How that will all translate out we'll see. Veteran club, I give the edge to Philly. They over look us, read last years debacle as what they'll get opening day, the Texan's have a chance.

Doody
08-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Being the first game of the season I would say this is the best chance the Texans have to win against Philly. I think this game is going to come down to who makes the most mistakes. Neither offense is likely to come out of the gate smoothly so i think itll come down to the texans DL either forcing McNabb to make costly mistakes, or Carr getting pressuerd, sacked or making poor reads. If we pressure McNabb and Carr can have just a decent game, I say Texans win 20-17

HoustonFan
08-06-2006, 05:42 PM
looking forward to the game against the Eagles. I think it will be a close one w/ the Texans getting the W.

Eagles - 20
Texans - 27

aj.
08-06-2006, 06:15 PM
The difference in this game will be the Texans ability to 1) protect Carr (big surprise) because the Eagles will be bringing everything but the kitchen sink, and 2) hand-in-hand development of a game plan that will make the Eagles pay for their aggressive behavior on defense, i.e., getting the RBs into the second tier and effective use of TE's to keep the Eagles front seven from simply pinning their ears back. Kalu should be able to help with the game plan.

BigDTexansFan
08-06-2006, 06:25 PM

I think Texans will win, but this is based on fact that Philedelphia didn't make very many offseason acquistions in a tough division. You have a solid core of WRs but we have a decent secondary, they are young but our pass rush will help them get better.

McNabb is still a great QB, but is having a lot of dings and nicks which can wear a QB down. Our offensive line is improved, our offensive scheme and zone blocking will give Carr time to make plays. We will harass your QB and our rotation of DL will kepp them fresh in 4th quasrter a problem we had last season

A close hard fought game with Texans edging Eagles for a win...good luck in 2006 Beat Dallas Cowgirls!!!

DocBar
08-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Philly is looking good and da Raiders BAD in the 1st series for each team

The Pencil Neck
08-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Philly is looking good and da Raiders BAD in the 1st series for each team

Yeah. Just how BAD are the Raiders lines going to be this year?

Peldon
08-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Too bad we don't play Oakland before they have a chance to get better.

DocBar
08-06-2006, 09:31 PM
]']this aint capers system. Do that against a passing offense who like to use the TE and your toast!
Visions of the Steelers TE Green running for miles in the 90's comes to mind.

DocBar
08-06-2006, 09:38 PM
]']Rarely did I ever saw any team brought the kitchen sink against the broncos! :cool:
???

aj.
08-06-2006, 10:49 PM
]']this aint capers system.

That's why I like this message board. The things you can learn...

Do that against a passing offense who like to use the TE and your toast

The Texans offense - just like the Broncos - will be predicated on run first, pass second. The only way that TE or anyone else can get the ball in his hands is if the QB has time to deliver. You can do that in one of three ways: move the QB around, run short quick routes, and protect protect protect. It also helps if the defense is forced to respect the run.

The key against the Eagles will be protecting the QB because they don't give a rats arse that we have the Denver playbook. We still have to prove we can implement it and I have a feeling they are going to force the issue.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
08-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Just watched the 1st half of the HOF game and I know it the first pre-season game DM looked good his first drive only one that he played tonight. Westbrook looked REALY good IMO.The more I watched, da raiders just looked BAD. Our O-line better be in form come phily because their D-line looked good to, got to Brooks more than once and was in the backfield the first two or three series. We'll know more about our team next week than I'll make my Homer guess on who will win the first game of the season.

Cjeremy635
08-07-2006, 10:33 AM
I have to admit that the Eagles running attack did look good in the HOF game. Westbrook was hitting the holes hard and was getting good yards after intitial contact. It will be nice to see how our d line holds up against the run. I am just overjoyed that we actually have a preseason game at the end of this week. This has been an extremely long off season.

jerek
08-07-2006, 11:48 AM
The Eagles have an upper echelon O-line and IIRC, all of their starters are 330 + lbs. Meaning quite simply that a lot of the run stopping responsibilities are going to fall to our LBs and secondary. I can't wait to see our D-line in action this year, but the Eagles are going to be a difficult opening test. In passing plays though, the only difficulty will be keeping containment on McNabb; we can easily get the speed rush around the outside, and hopefully, we will get enough penetration up the middle to keep McNabb from stepping through.

goodnews boy
08-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Ok How many of you watched the Hall of Fame game. I watched Philly play to see what we're up against in 1st game of the season. I must admit, they look pretty impressive both 1st team Offence and Defense. I thought we had a great chance to beat them but now not as strongly. What is you opinion?

real
08-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Ok How many of you watched the Hall of Fame game. I watched Philly play to see what we're up against in 1st game of the season. I must admit, they look pretty impressive both 1st team Offence and Defense. I thought we had a great chance to beat them but now not as strongly. What is you opinion?

You should wait to see us play before making that judgement, and it was just pre-season, and it WAS the raiders...:twocents:

whiskeyrbl
08-07-2006, 01:39 PM
It's to early to tell how good they are or are'nt because Oakland looked like ****! Oh Philly still lost though.

El Tejano
08-07-2006, 01:43 PM
I thought Oakland just looked unimpressive. I thought Philly looked good and just emphasized that our defense better be able to tackle.

Texan Asylum
08-07-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm optimistic...Full Speed Ahead!!!

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
08-07-2006, 01:47 PM
IMO you are right their first teams looked realy good. I need to see our team play this weekend to see how our guys are taking to all the new sys. put in place. One player that stood out to me was Westbrook he realy did look good. Mcnabb was only in for what six or seven plays cant gauge him with that. I know thay won the game but the Raiders really looked Bad. Shell has his work cut out for him this year. We'll see how our guys respone to KC this week.

El Tejano
08-07-2006, 01:50 PM
That second running back looked pretty good for the Eagles.

TexanFanInCC
08-07-2006, 01:54 PM
yeah lets not get cocky here folks. everyone needs to take every team seriously. i remember back when all of us got cocky when we were "supposed" to beat the chargers in week 1 of 2004, but our defense got owned and the score said so. i do like the makeup of our team, but im not going to say that the eagles stink and that we WILL win.

Hulk75
08-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Let us keep in mind that they were playing the Raiders.

Winston Justice looked pretty dang good though, against the fast DE he was playing with.

michaelm
08-07-2006, 02:13 PM
If they come out chunking the ball, they're playing into Richard Smith's hands. The d line has vastly improved. We're lossing DB's like crazy early in camp. Reid will be tempted to throw against them. If he does, the Texan's have an excellent chance in upsetting them.

Man, that's just about the exact opposite of what I'm thinking. I think that the DLine and stopping the run will be the area of most consistency for us all year.
The depth and quality of our Dline will result in several games this year that we absolutely shut down opposing rushing attacks.
This same line will also give us better than average pressure against the passing game, but the secondary will be exposed with some frequency throughout the season.
This will be one of those times.
I think we pretty much will have to live or die with what we have in the defensive backfield... there won't be much improvement back there until we can bring in some new people next season.

A lot of things hinge on how the LBs shape up. If we can field a good unit, it will have an enormous effect overall, but for this game, there will be inconsistency in this area.
Westbrook will do most of his damage by catching balls. I think we have an athletic enough front seven to limit him on the ground. This is especially true if DeMeco starts in the middle. I think Greenwood will be improved in this system, and he has pretty good speed to bring to the mix. Westbrook will have a lot of trouble getting through the middle, and due to our speed, he will not get outside with much success either.

McNabb will have a pretty good day against us passing (225-250 yds 2tds), spreading the ball around to an average recieving corps, as he has in the past.
Westbrook will account for 70-80 of that with a td. LJ Smith will have a decent day, but here, DeMeco will show us a glimpse of how good he will be in the middle.
Offensively, I think we will struggle a bit in the running game, much to our disappointment. We are all expecting this to be an area of strength, and it will be, but there will be a slow start. The Eagle line will limit our effectiveness on the ground.
DC will show some promise in this game... I think he can match McNabb stride for stride. Putzier will have the best game statistically amongst the receivers (and TEs), as he will serve as an outlet early until David gains confidence to go down field consistently.
Overall, this will be a close game with some very exciting moments for both teams, and some real head scratchers on both sides as well.
I think both teams really show some rust early, and do so sporadically all game.
In the end, I think it will be in the neighborhood of 21-17 or 24-21, but I can't really say who comes out on top. It will be close all game, I think.

Hardcore Texan
08-07-2006, 02:15 PM
I only watched half of the game but Philly did look strong but the Raiders didn't have an answer for them, I can't wait until we play this weekend and see how we look.

GP
08-07-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm 50-50.

It'll be a good game, I know that much.

And...as has been pointed out by others...the Raiders are an awful team.

I think the game wil be a good one, it'll be decided in the late minutes of the game. Which would be refreshing even if we lost it in the last few minutes.

titan hater
08-07-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm 50-50.

It'll be a good game, I know that much.

And...as has been pointed out by others...the Raiders are an awful team.

I think the game wil be a good one, it'll be decided in the late minutes of the game. Which would be refreshing even if we lost it in the last few minutes.

No loss is refreshing...We are not an expansion team anymore...Its time to put up a few Ws...

edo783
08-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Once Philly got their first team off the field, it was a real equal game. Both were crappy.

goodnews boy
08-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Once Philly got their first team off the field, it was a real equal game. Both were crappy.

Thats the my main concern the first team. I just want to see some improvement from last year. If we win, that is excellent:bananasplit:. But if we loose but show we are moving in the right direction, I can live with it.:jumpbanan

Phiilyphan06
08-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Mcnabb did well. Hes a pro-bowl Qb. You can't compare Carr to him. Westbrook ran well, and our D was terriffic. No offense, but most of this fan base predictions seem to be out of optimism.

Brandon420tx
08-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Westbrook was running with some power yesterday, I was impressed... either that or the Raider just really suck at tackling.

Hardcore Texan
08-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Mcnabb did well. Hes a pro-bowl Qb. You can't compare Carr to him. Westbrook ran well, and our D was terriffic. No offense, but most of this fan base predictions seem to be out of optimism.

Well, check the website your on, of course we are optimistic...why wouldn't we be. It's early August.

The Eagles have been consistently good, excluding last year but with McNabb injuries and all it was not unexpected. They are very well coached and I think they will have a pretty good season even in very tough division.

It is going to be a tough game that's for sure, the Eagles defense look good last night. But a lot of us feel like our team has a lot to prove and we are up and coming with all the refreshing changes in culture and personel on our team. I look forward to a hard fought battle. I hope we come out hot, we have alot to work on between now and then, and a lot to prove. :cowboy1:

flylikeaneagle
08-07-2006, 07:02 PM

Nothing wrong with beign excited and thinking that. You are suppose to be positive about your team. Good luck to the Texans and I look forward to Week 1.