PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season games I plan to watch

Brandon420tx
08-04-2006, 04:07 PM
I decided to make a list of the pre-season games besides the Texans I was going to pay attention to as long as they don't conflict with the times of the Texans games. I mostly put the games with teams we play during the season.

Note: I put all times in central time zone for the Texas Natives.

Week 1

HOF game: Raiders @ Eagles - Aug. 6 (7:00 on NBC)
We play the Eagles for the first game of the regular season so this one could tell us alot about what we're up against, I suggest watching this game, and a couple of their other pre-season games

Browns @ Eagles - Aug. 10 (6:30)
Play both teams

Jags @ Phins - Aug. 12 (6:30)
Starts 30 minutes before our Texans game, I'll be switching back and forth during Texans commercials.

Cowgirls @ Seahawks - Aug. 12 (9:00)
Watch the girls get beat down :tease:

Week 2
Jets @ Skins - Aug. 19 (7:00)
Same time as Texans game, check in during commercials.

Week 3
Giants @ Jets - Aug. 25 (7:00)
Play both teams

Browns @ Bills - Aug. 26 (5:00)
Play both teams

Skins @ Pats - Aug. 26 (7:00)
Play both teams

Week 4
Pats @ Giants - Aug. 31 (6:30)
Play both teams

Eagles @ Jets Sept. 1 (6:00)
Play both teams and play eagles the following week.

These are just the games I'll read reports on if I don't get the chance to see, as well as the games within our division rivals.

Any others I should look at?

Edit: Mods can you move this thread to the NFL section if thats where its supposed to be?

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-04-2006, 04:08 PM
You forgot Saints @ Titans!

Reggie Vs. Vince!

Brandon420tx
08-04-2006, 04:11 PM
as well as the games within our division rivals.

Got it covered, but for different reasons.

TexanSam
08-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Are all those games on TV?

Brandon420tx
08-04-2006, 04:30 PM
I don't think they all will be on regular programming, so I'll most likely have to content myself with after game articles.

TexanSam
08-04-2006, 04:54 PM
I don't think they all will be on regular programming, so I'll most likely have to content myself with after game articles.

Yeah. I guess we can look at boxscores on here for games that aren't being televised. It's hard to watch a whole preseason game when it's not the Texans though.

Brandon420tx
08-04-2006, 04:55 PM
You can go to the teams web-site and read post-game info, Or you can go to their message board and read the during game computer commentary provided by their fans like we have on ours.

EF55
08-04-2006, 05:08 PM
NFL Network will have them all shown either live or rebroadcast later in the day or week.

Don't look for much with the eagles as far as play calling. Andy Reid and Jim Johnson typically keep things very vanilla during preseason, What you see in pre season will not resemble what you'll be looking at opening day. That said there are times in the preseason where they really like to get the 1st team offense rolling under game conditions so they know they're good to go, but they're still not gonna show much.