PDA

View Full Version : Anybody notice Richie Ross

WR Expert
08-04-2006, 01:40 PM
I realize he's not a household name, but am curious if anybody has noticed the play of Richie Ross. #16. He's a WR from DIv. II University of Nebraska at Kearney. Set all kinds of D-II records, was a finalist for the Harlon Hill trophy (D-II's version of the Heisman etc..) Saw him play many times and was very impressed with him. Could be a real sleeper and definite steal if he performs like he's capable. Just curious how he's stacked up so far?

DominickDavisFan76
08-04-2006, 07:11 PM
FINE!! if nobody will post about this then i will, umm...i already posted a thread about this guy about 2 months ago....when we picked him up on free agency, ya he has good attributes and he seems like a good player...but he was undrafted for a reason, im not sure what those reasons are, but ya....he will be a good player, but most likely a good player...ON SPECIAL TEAMS...

I could see him getting playing time at WR...somewhere else because the Texans are kinda stacked at WR this year, and i figure that with all this talent that we have i doubt he will get playing time, besides special teams...

wags
08-04-2006, 07:22 PM
I realize he's not a household name, but am curious if anybody has noticed the play of Richie Ross. #16. He's a WR from DIv. II University of Nebraska at Kearney. Set all kinds of D-II records, was a finalist for the Harlon Hill trophy (D-II's version of the Heisman etc..) Saw him play many times and was very impressed with him. Could be a real sleeper and definite steal if he performs like he's capable. Just curious how he's stacked up so far?

Richie, are you trying to pimp yourself?

unklopers00
08-04-2006, 10:22 PM
I've seen Richie Ross in person as part of the game day staff for the University of Nebraska at Kearney athletic dept. I know that he'll make an impact in the league, to what degree and in what position that is unkown. During his senior season, he has played several different positions on the special teams including a punt/kickoff returner and also has been used on the kick block formations.

Hopefully he can get a break, and work his way up the WR depth chart.

TexanFan881
08-04-2006, 11:02 PM
He's looking like a practice squad guy at the moment, with the amount of talent at WR. AJ, Moulds, and Walter are all locks to make the team. Armstrong has been solid this offseason. Two suprises in Derrick Lewis and Jake Schifino have been looking very good so far. Donavan Morgan even got some catches and playing time for us last year. David Anderson has solid hands and has looked decent even with his shortness. It would be a tall task to expect Richie to make the team but I wish him the best :thumbup

kcwilson
08-05-2006, 12:53 AM
With the sudden analysis of extreme depth we seem to have gotten at WR, when only a couple months ago we were worried about having enough WR's on the roster, I am glad that everyone is very optimistic about the crew....

Although I am cautiously optimistic about this WR depth especially when Richie Ross is "dominating" on the field... perhaps that is just a reflection of the difficulties in the secondary due to injury?

:stirpot: