PDA

View Full Version : Texans News - 8/3

Texans34Life
08-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Texans | Winston works with No. 1 offense Thursday
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 23:18:00 -0700

Fran Blinebury, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans OT Eric Winston worked with the No. 1 offense at right tackle Thursday, Aug. 3. OT Zach Wiegert (shoulder) and OT Ephraim Salaam (knee) were unable to practice.

Texans | Salaam misses practice Thursday
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 23:17:43 -0700

Fran Blinebury, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans OT Ephraim Salaam (knee) missed practice Thursday, Aug. 3, with a swollen knee.

Texans | Wiegert misses practice Thursday
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 23:16:16 -0700

Fran Blinebury, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans OG Zach Wiegert (shoulder) missed practice Thursday, Aug. 3, with an injured shoulder.

Texans | Spencer winning his battles in practice
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 23:15:53 -0700

Fran Blinebury, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans OT Charles Spencer has been winning most of his battles in one-on-one drills during practice. He drove DL Antwan Peek into the ground on one play Thursday, Aug. 3.

Texans | Walter impressing
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 22:22:17 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans' signing of WR Kevin Walter during the offseason hardly created any noise due to the team also adding WR Eric Moulds. However, the team has not been able to say enough good things about Walter after the first week of training camp.

texan279
08-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Could our O line look like this in '06? :drool:

Spencer Pitts Flanagan McKinney Winston

Runner
08-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Could our O line look like this in '06? :drool:

Spencer Pitts Flanagan McKinney Winston

Sure it could. It might have quite a few ugly moments though.

SESupergenius
08-04-2006, 10:36 AM
And that the thing I hope most fans understand, if you have 2 rookies inserted into an offense, it's going to take a while for them to gain that experience and come together. Don't look for a playoff run this year as I expect the offense to have an up and down year.

Runner
08-04-2006, 10:47 AM
And that the thing I hope most fans understand, if you have 2 rookies inserted into an offense, it's going to take a while for them to gain that experience and come together. Don't look for a playoff run this year as I expect the offense to have an up and down year.

Come on - you've been around these boards. They won't be the new kids on the block after a year. It's more likely they'll be called busts if they struggle through a learning curve. One has had a knee injury, one has limited experience - what was the front office thinking? yada yada yada.

:sarcasm:

---------------------------

Seriously though - I can't wait to see how Spencer plays 2 and 3 years from now. He's got a very high ceiling that he may be approaching by then, even if he struggles some as a rookie.

nunusguy
08-04-2006, 10:57 AM
John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans' signing of WR Kevin Walter during the offseason hardly created any noise due to the team also adding WR Eric Moulds. However, the team has not been able to say enough good things about Walter after the first week of training camp.
Would he have the potential to be our longer term #2 ? He kinda came in under the radar with the more highly touted acuisition of WR Eric Moulds, but this is a big pickup for us.
Great hands and excellent size. Actually, Walter appears similar in size to some of our smallish TEs.
But as others have said, I can see an Ed McGaffery comparison developing as this guy is a real possession receiver who has some definte similarites to the former Bronco star WR, IMO.

wrestler4life
08-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Playing Titans= up
Playing Colts= down