PDA

View Full Version : CB problems

texflex513
08-03-2006, 02:37 PM
With Mckenzie and faggins out Robinson hurting and buchanon hobbled I kinda wish we would have drafted a corner now. Who is left out there to sign?

THOUGHTS......

jparrish
08-03-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure which veterans are still out there, but there will be plenty of cb's available after roster cuts are made.

pittbull
08-03-2006, 02:56 PM
I thought this was the area of need also. NOt one Dback added to the team cia the draft. I would even take a veteran with some experience to add to the depth. Better than having a rookie in the 5-7 round anyway!

real
08-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Buchanan is hurt ?

Coach C.
08-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Our current DB core is not overly deep.

Veterans: Dunta Robinson(ankle), Phillip Buchanon(hamstring), Lewis Sanders, Dexter McCleon, Kevin Garrett, Mark Estelle

Rookies: Trammond Williams, John Walker

I can honestly guarantee that Manning may be worried bout our pass rush, but our corners he is not at all.

Lucky
08-03-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure which veterans are still out there, but there will be plenty of cb's available after roster cuts are made.
I hope you're right. Pickings are slim, right now. I believe former Titan Tony Beckham is available. Ex-Raider Denard Walker remains unsigned. How about 35-year old Willie Williams? Or 36-year old Dale Carter? Urgh!

Coach C.
08-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Personally we wait till after the first preseason game when cuts will be made. At that point we can look over some guys and see who is available. The main thing is the Texans are going to want to bring in Vets and not really undrafted rookies and what not. There are a couple of teams that have some guys that are on the chopping block, we just have to see if any fit our system.

ledzeppelin229
08-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Our best hope now is that all our investment in the DLine will allow average corners to avoid exposure. I know pass rush is supposed to help subpar corners and all, but these aren't the sort of experiments I look forward to.

Coach C.
08-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Zeppelin look at Carolina when they made their Super Bowl push. Their corners were not very good, hell average at best, but they made plays when the could and the front seven did alot of the work. Who knows, we may be ok, but also it is really too early to worry about it.

U4ikrob
08-03-2006, 04:25 PM
didnt San Fran recently release one of their starting corners from last year? Forget his name, but might be worth checking into.

joshri
08-03-2006, 04:27 PM
The 49er you are talking about is Ahmed Plummer and I think that he retired. I think it was a bit of a suprise retirement.

Double Barrel
08-03-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm looking forward to Dexter McCleon. I've read some good things about him. But it makes me wonder why he was available, though.

TexanFan881
08-03-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm looking forward to Dexter McCleon. I've read some good things about him. But it makes me wonder why he was available, though.

http://ourlads.com/secure/depthchart.cfm?index1=kc

In a secondary with Sam Madison and Sammy Knight, along with the fact that they drafted two rookies in this years draft, they obviously didn't feel the need to keep an aging corner who would be a nickel for them. Most likely nothing against him except his age.

Kaiser Toro
08-03-2006, 06:16 PM
We were 2-14 last year and there was only so much that we could do in the offseason to turn this thing around. After the draft we knew where our biggest weakness was at a skill and depth standpoint, the Secondary.

It stinks, but why should we be "crying" given the sample of return on investment to date and the change of direction this team has taken for the better as a whole.

Double Barrel
08-03-2006, 06:19 PM
http://ourlads.com/secure/depthchart.cfm?index1=kc

In a secondary with Sam Madison and Sammy Knight, along with the fact that they drafted two rookies in this years draft, they obviously didn't feel the need to keep an aging corner who would be a nickel for them. Most likely nothing against him except his age.

Good point and thanks for the info! :thumbup

bayoudreamn
08-03-2006, 07:41 PM
We were 2-14 last year and there was only so much that we could do in the offseason to turn this thing around. After the draft we knew where our biggest weakness was at a skill and depth standpoint, the Secondary.

It stinks, but why should we be "crying" given the sample of return on investment to date and the change of direction this team has taken for the better as a whole.

I won't claim to have very good information at this point because I just read the recent injury information one time, but most of it looked like the kind of injuries you would play through in the season. Is that correct?

My concern is the number of injuries. I don't know if that has anything to do with the nature of practices or if this staff is being more informative than we are used to seeing. I kind of wonder how everyone else here feels about that.

TexansSeminole
08-03-2006, 07:52 PM
My concern is the number of injuries. I don't know if that has anything to do with the nature of practices or if this staff is being more informative than we are used to seeing. I kind of wonder how everyone else here feels about that.
It's probably a bit of both of those things.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Isn't Will Peterson available? Still fairly young and has starting experience.

TexanFan881
08-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Isn't Will Peterson available? Still fairly young and has starting experience.

That's what I was thinking. But then I read this:

http://www.kffl.com/player/1269/nfl
NFL | Peterson to miss the 2006 season
Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:31:49 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports free agent CB Will Peterson (Giants) will miss the entire 2006 season because of a recurring back problem. Peterson is expected to draw interest from NFL teams in 2007, assuming he can return.

Maybe next year :hmmm: