PDA

View Full Version : Info

rmartin65
08-03-2006, 01:19 PM
I was gone for 3 weeks in Cambridge, can somebody please give me the basic stories? Thanks a lot

mexican_texan
08-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Charles Spencer is really challenging Seth Wand for LT, Spencer fought with Babin, Mario Williams looks great in practice, but continues to have toe problems, Andre Johnson is working very hard in practice, Chris Taylor is standing out among the running backs, DD's injury is now just an unrelated bruise that should heal in a few days, and Dexter McLeon was signed. I probably missed something, though...

Seņor Stan
08-03-2006, 02:15 PM
and Dexter McLeon was signed...

because Faggins is out with a broken foot for 6-10 weeks.

mexican_texan
08-03-2006, 02:51 PM
On that note, players have been suffering a number of leg injuries, with Wali Rainer being lost for the year.

19-10
08-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Charles Spencer is really challenging Seth Wand for LT, Spencer fought with Babin, Mario Williams looks great in practice, but continues to have toe problems, Andre Johnson is working very hard in practice, Chris Taylor is standing out among the running backs, DD's injury is now just an unrelated bruise that should heal in a few days, and Dexter McLeon was signed. I probably missed something, though...

I wish that were the case with DD. I'm predicting he won't start until the Miami game. Hope I'm wrong though.

mexican_texan
08-03-2006, 03:20 PM
I wish that were the case with DD. I'm predicting he won't start until the Miami game. Hope I'm wrong though.
I got the report from 610 this morning.

19-10
08-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Like I said, I hope to be wrong. I love the guy but the writing is on the wall. Read the other posts, watch what he's up to, look at his track record etc. etc. etc. We need him and I hope he's there but I'm not counting on it by any means. 610???? Sounds like they are listening to Kubiak and that's all.
DD himself said last night to Butch Elsindor sp? from ch. 11 that he's looking at 2-6 weeks.
2 would be great!!!

HOU-TEX
08-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Like I said, I hope to be wrong. I love the guy but the writing is on the wall. Read the other posts, watch what he's up to, look at his track record etc. etc. etc. We need him and I hope he's there but I'm not counting on it by any means. 610???? Sounds like they are listening to Kubiak and that's all.
DD himself said last night to Butch Elsindor sp? from ch. 11 that he's looking at 2-6 weeks.
2 would be great!!!

IMO, I think we're going to be ok, seeing the depth we have at RB is promising. Even though they're young, I looking forward to the competition at RB this pre-season. Let's strap em up and get after it!:yahoo:

rmartin65
08-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Thanks to everyone.

U4ikrob
08-03-2006, 05:12 PM

The Secondary has been getting hammered and has had multiple injuries this off season. you heard about the Faggins injury, another is P Buchanon has a pulled hammy, Dunta Robinson has a twisted ankle and Chris Mckenzie is out now with a shoulder injury. To help out in wit hthings we have signed a few veteran CB's to fill in some spots while guys heal. IMO A large part of these injuries is possibly due to some new "phantom players" we have been trying out on the field brought over by the Kubiak adminsitration. :stirpot:

IMO Our cornerbacks seem to have been taking it on the chin it looks like and could be running into these freakishly large players on the field whom seem to move like a WR, but are built like a lineman causing a number of injuries to the smaller DB's. These "Phantom Players" are called a "Tight End" and according to Coach K will be a big focus in our future offense. One note about these "Phantom Players" is we signed a few veteran guys to help out in this transition time with one big standout - namely TE Jeb Putzier of the Broncos who has been doing very well in camp along with a rookie by the name of Daniels and an oft injured player from the Capers era named "Joppru'. :rolleyes:

Welcome back Martin

HJam72
08-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Well, somebody needs to tell those "phantom" guys to stop stepping on Mario's toes before he gets mad. :hides:

the wonger need food
08-03-2006, 06:00 PM
For what it's worth, here are the training camp stories from my point of view...

- A couple of sleepers, Chris Taylor and John Walker are making waves and have the opportunity to see some serious playing time this season.

- Charles Spencer is improving daily and might be starting at LT.

- It's very hot in Houston.

- DeMeco Ryans is a stud and will probably start at the Mike LB.

- Mario Williams is destroying everyone they put in front of him.

- Walter is going to be a solid #3 guy.

- We still need some depth at cornerback and this position could end up being the achilles heal of the team.

- Travis Johnson is still lazy.

- The defensive line will collectively be the best unit on the field.

- Putzier is a big part of the offense and will probably get 50+ catches this year.

- Domanick is just about done, maybe for good.

- We still don't have a kick returner. Buchanon will probably return punts.

- Everyone on the team is very upbeat and buying into the systems on both sides of the ball.

kcwilson
08-03-2006, 06:38 PM
2 would be great!!!

Personally, I think it is spin. An 'unrelated' bone bruise on the same knee that has given him problems, but no one seems to be able to identify when the source of the bruise occurred. If they knew when it occurred, then they wouldn't have had to do all the 2nd MRI stuff this week, they would have been able to say... you know what, he bruised his bone a little while ago and is going to miss the first few weeks of camp. If they were able to tie it to an incident, they would have known about the extent of the injury before doing this 2nd MRI. Also, they wouldn't have tried to run him out there in OTAs or first part of camp.

DD is my favorite, but he is damaged goods at this point.

cj5776
08-04-2006, 01:33 AM
Former rodeo cowboy and 49er QB Cody was added to compete for the 3rd string spot

RB Morrency looks to be comming out of Kubes dog house and loosing his shake and bake style, doing more of the one cut stuff. Antowain Smith looks to be our Ron Dayne and Kubes seems very impressed by him.

Finally for once all of the day 1 picks seem to be impact players. Despite toe nail problems Mario is excelling. Ryans is even if not ahead of veteran Sam Cowart for the MLB. Both LT Spencer and RT Winston are making there presence felt as they climb up the depth chart.

TexanFan881
08-04-2006, 01:36 AM
Finally for once all of the day 1 picks seem to be impact players. Despite toe nail problems Mario is excelling. Ryans is even if not ahead of veteran Sam Cowart for the MLB. Both LT Spencer and RT Winston are making there presence felt as they climb up the depth chart.

lol. Usually it's the second day players that start and the first day players that sit on the bench a few years. Thank god casserly is gone :whip:

ocd
08-04-2006, 03:22 AM
Very nice summary brought to you by

:superman: the wonger need food (excellent name btw):superman:

titan hater
08-04-2006, 09:33 AM
- It's very hot in Houston.

Houston's 7 day forcast for every Summer ever recorded:
Friday:
Hot & humid with a 20% chance of an afternoon thunderstorm.
Saturday:
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:

Go Texans!!!