PDA

View Full Version : Out of RESPECT.............

CloakNNNdagger
08-03-2006, 08:14 AM
I know that this story itself is NOT about the Texans, but it's the type of story that you seldom come across. When you do, it can tweak something inside. It's the type of story that illustrates that respect begets respect, and selflessness can stengthen the man and his team. This is the type of story line I can see already developing amongst our own Texans..........respect between the old and new..................and the heaviest of competition without "cut blocking."

"He thanked me all the time, and I told him I didn't need a thank you because I was part of the team, and that's part of my duties," Staley said.

Mutual respect AND class....Staley/Bettis (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/sports/s_464508.html)

Texan Asylum
08-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Awesome post Cloak. A quality trait that can turn an average group of guys into stars.

Hervoyel
08-03-2006, 08:40 AM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CloakNNNdagger again."

An excellent post.

Meloy
08-03-2006, 09:27 AM
I always enjoy reading about people doing a good thing. Thanks for the info.

Texans Horror
08-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Allow me to mince threads. This quote came from the Babin/Peek competition thread.

"We're friends," Peek said. "We're competitors. But at the end of the day, we're teammates. We've got to come together for the good of the team and help us win some ballgames. It's the coaches' decisions to do what they have to do. I'm sure what they decide will be the best for the team."

I think camaraderie and teamwork is more of an emphasis this year than individual achievement.

I want to add this quote from The Untouchables:

A man stands alone at the plate. This is the time for what? For individual achievement. There he stands alone. But in the field, what? Part of a team. Teamwork... Looks, throws, catches, hustles. Part of one big team. Bats himself the live-long day, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, and so on. lf his team don't field...what is he? You follow me? No one.