PDA

View Full Version : Texans news from kffl.com

texan279
08-02-2006, 11:50 PM
All from www.kffl.com

Texans | D. Davis should return in the next few days
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 19:36:47 -0700

Carmine Pirone, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans RB Domanick Davis (knee) returned to practice Wednesday, Aug. 2, but spent his time riding the stationary bike and observing. Davis is expected to return within a few days since doctors found no structural damage.

Texans | Team will have an eight-man rotation up front on defense
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 19:37:05 -0700

Carmine Pirone, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said Wednesday, Aug. 2, the team would use an eight-man rotation on the defensive front. "We're going to play a lot of guys on our defensive front. The bottom line in this league, up front, you need to rotate people to be good. You have to stay fresh."

Texans | C. Spencer spends time with No. 1 offense Wednesday
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 19:40:17 -0700

Carmine Pirone, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans OG Charles Spencer spent time with the No. 1 offense during the morning practice Wednesday, Aug. 2. Spencer has impressed coaches with his aggressiveness and athleticism and could push for a starting job.

Texans | K. Walter appears to have the edge for No. 3 wide receiver
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 19:43:16 -0700

Carmine Pirone, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans WR Kevin Walter appears to be the frontrunner to win the team's No. 3 wide receiver job.

Texans | McKenzie misses practice Wednesday
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 19:49:04 -0700

Carmine Pirone, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans CB Chris McKenzie (shoulder) sat out practice Wednesday, Aug. 2. He is still waiting for the results from an MRI on his shoulder.

Texans | W. Justice discusses transition from college to the NFL
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 19:49:24 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports Houston Texans OT Eric Winston discussed the biggest transition from college to the NFL. "Using your hands a lot. In college you get by with just using you're feet a little bit staying in front of guys. In the NFL, you really have to be good with your hands; you have to be strong, you have to get after guys, you really have to get your hands on them in pass pro (protection) and in run blocking. So that's a big emphasis on me going on in camp. I'm really trying to use my hands and get them on guys, really using them in a way to moves guys around, so I think that's a big point of emphasis. Learning the new techniques, the new plays; we run a lot of the same plays, but it's in a different language. Everyone has a different language; everyone has a lot of different ways of calling the same things. It's about learning the language and getting out here and competing," said Winston.

WildBlackBear32
08-02-2006, 11:53 PM
Texans | W. Justice discusses transition from college to the NFL
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 19:49:24 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports Houston Texans OT Eric Winston

Funny....

texan279
08-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Funny....

Well I posted it because I never go to the front page because I have the board bookmarked, so I never read the stuff on the front page, I'm sure there are others here too who do not read articles on the front page.

WildBlackBear32
08-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Well I posted it because I never go to the front page because I have the board bookmarked, so I never read the stuff on the front page, I'm sure there are others here too who do not read articles on the front page.

Was simply laughing at how little everyone knows about the Texans. Other than them both being "Winston"s, there is no possible way you could mistake them physically or characterwise.

texan279
08-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Was simply laughing at how little everyone knows about the Texans. Other than them both being "Winston"s, there is no possible way you could mistake them physically or characterwise.

Sorry, misunderstood your post, didn't even realize what you pointed out lol.