PDA

View Full Version : Texans Probowl

Brandon420tx
08-01-2006, 11:12 PM
If you could choose 1 person on the Texans who you feel has a great chance to make the Pro-bowl, who would it be?

I'm going with Andre Johnson, with the additions of Moulds the field opens up for him, plus he has been reportedly doing great in his practices.

TexanFan881
08-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Chris Taylor...

In all seriousness, I'd go with Andre Johnson. He's been on the Pro Bowl team before while he was on the Texans and he's in the best situation that he's had in his whole career with mentor and #2 WR Eric Moulds drawing away coverage. The fact that he's beating up on the corners is exciting to hear and something to look forward to this year.

Brandon420tx
08-01-2006, 11:21 PM
I was going to make a poll, but somebody on the team would have been left out

:bananasplit:

HOOK'EM
08-01-2006, 11:51 PM
DAVID CARR

southernmiss89
08-01-2006, 11:53 PM
dunta will be there but carr would make a nice cinderella story

texan279
08-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Aj...

TexanSam
08-02-2006, 12:13 AM
Andre Johnson

Low Life
08-02-2006, 12:17 AM
honestly, any texan mentioned will make my day when it comes. i would love for them to say.... well the texans were the best at every position without a question. the whole team's going to the pro bowl. but i'll take whatever i can get. i'm a habitual grenade jumper. :whip:

thetexanator
08-02-2006, 12:40 AM
Andre Johnson

AfricanCracker
08-02-2006, 01:18 AM
If you could choose 1 person on the Texans who you feel has a great chance to make the Pro-bowl, who would it be?

I'm going with Andre Johnson, with the additions of Moulds the field opens up for him, plus he has been reportedly doing great in his practices.

talk about going with the obvious.....

im going for a longshot.. Carr

TexansMVP
08-02-2006, 03:01 AM
Realistically, I agree that Andre Johnson has the best chance, but if a guy can dream, then I would pick both David Carr and Mario Williams.

AggieTexanFan
08-02-2006, 03:25 AM
I'll go with players that have not been yet, and why they should go:

Who most deserves it: Dunta Robinson
After being robbed of ROY 2 seasons ago, and a SO. slump on a horrible Dedfensive team last year, look for D.Rob to bounce back with a vengance this year, on a team with a defensive back friendly pass rush with big play making ability

Who I wish would make it: David Carr
Most Texans fans would like for this to happen, but in an AFC stacked with QB's like Peyton, Brady, and Big Ben, this could be a dream for a while, but that is why I said "wish"

Who would shut everyone up: Mario Williams
This is obvious

Who would surprise everyone: Jason Babin
I went with Babin, because with the added attention given to Mario and with Babin returning to his natural position, he could thrive.

TexanSam
08-02-2006, 03:35 AM
Who would surprise everyone: Jason Babin
I went with Babin, because with the added attention given to Mario and with Babin returning to his natural position, he could thrive.

I'd like to see Shantee Orr become a dominant linebacker. I thought he played very well last year (one of the few players who did) and I can see him getting 12-13 sacks this year. Bennie Joppru would be nice too. After him not playing for 3 seasons, it would be awesome if he came back this year and has a good year.

DallasNiner
08-02-2006, 04:12 AM
Cody Pickett :fishing:

whiskeyrbl
08-02-2006, 05:41 AM
If he breaks into the starting lineup I would go on a limb and say Demeco Ryans.

Frills
08-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Wand...caues if he's headded to the probowl, then we're headded to the playoffs

Runner
08-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Dre.

TexansSeminole
08-02-2006, 10:36 AM
I really think it's either Carr's time, or Dunta's time.

U4ikrob
08-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Based on everything weve been hearing and my own oft stated man-crush I'll go with Demeco 'D-Wreck' Ryans - I really think he's going to tear it up this year in the middle for us if given the opportunity to start.

Worth Mentions: The usual suspects D-Rob & Dre - Mario might have a shot if he tears it up like others before him have.

Carr is a long shot too if he can produce consistently this year like he has the talent to do. IMO if he can be consistent all year long and limit his mistakes he could very well be the comeback player of the year and possible Pro-bowl backup. Manning and Brady will be tough to beat for the starter spot on the AFC squad, but if Carr was to make the Pro-bowl I think it would go a long way towards making some fans feel more comfortable with him at the qb spot for the next few years.

Hervoyel
08-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Andre Johnson is the safe pick and Dunta Robinson is IMO the popular choice. I think if Domanick Davis could stay healthy an entire season (which ain't gonna happen and I know it) then in this new system he'd get the numbers to make the Pro Bowl. With Edge heading to the Cardinals in the NFC that could really happen IF Davis could stay healthy all year.

the wonger need food
08-02-2006, 01:03 PM
If I had to choose 1 it would be AJ.

If I had to choose 6... No I haven't been drinking this morning...

Robinson
Orr
Buchanon

Flanagan
Putzier
A. Johnson

TransplantTexan1
08-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Andre Johnson seems like the most likely candidate although Robinson is possible too without anything out of the ordinary taking place.

I don't expect our rookies to me pro bowl material but if any of them were, DeMeco Ryans just seems to be a pretty strong darkhorse. He seems so mentally suited to play right now.

Before his injury concerns, I would've added DD to the list, too--especially in Kubiak's offense.

HOU-TEX
08-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Seeing that so many people are choosing AJ, that would mean Carr would've had a good year too, correct?:superman:

Brandon420tx
08-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Seeing that so many people are choosing AJ, that would mean Carr would've had a good year too, correct?:superman:

Or Sage.... Hope its Carr though.

HOU-TEX
08-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Or Sage.... Hope its Carr though.

Well, from what our fellow MBers that are lucky enough to go to TC say, they're both looking good. I'm just praying everyday that Carr has time to actually sit in the pocket and make decisive throws. The guy's got a gun for an arm, let's hope he get's to use it.:bananasplit:

Brandon420tx
08-02-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm hoping for time in the pocket, and faked out defenses on the boot and rollout plays, and you know, 8 touchdowns a game:yahoo: :superman: :redtowel:

GuerillaBlack
08-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Mario Williams, Andre Johnson, David Carr, Dunta Robinson, and of course the monster they call Christ Taylor.

HOU-TEX
08-02-2006, 04:36 PM
:rolleyes: Don't forget about Chad Stanley.

Hutch13
08-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Mario Williams, Andre Johnson, David Carr, Dunta Robinson, and of course the monster they call Christ Taylor.

So i guess your saying he will get 1500 yards and 12 touchdowns (around there) he needs to start first and then we can talk about it.

Id go with AJ and Dunta. I hope carr makes it, that would make a good story.

threetoedpete
08-02-2006, 05:54 PM
C.C. Brown

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-02-2006, 07:28 PM
I would like to see David Carr at least even a alternate in the Pro-Bowl just due to he is tuff and has been able to stay healthy after all the hits and sacks he has taken........:ok:

MorKnolle
08-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Most likely to make it this year: Andre Johnson, easily. He has made it before so he at least has his name out there somewhat and is regarded by most people outside of this area (and many in this area) as easily the best player on this team, one of the few that has some name recognition nation-wide. With the addition of Moulds and the new offense I think Andre is definitely capable of putting up huge numbers this year, and I think competition for Pro Bowl WR in the AFC is relatively slim compared to some other positions (Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, then Chris Chambers and a decent fall off from there).

Others that have a chance: Dunta Robinson. He is starting to get some recognition and should have made the Pro Bowl his rookie year. I think with a vastly improved pass rush he will get more opportunities to make some plays this year and could put up the numbers to propel himself into the Pro Bowl.

David Carr. He has an outside chance, although we would likely have to go at least 8-8 and he'd have to have very good numbers to downplay his less-than-admirable reputation thusfar. With the likes of Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, Trent Green, etc. in the AFC he will have to outplay them by a decent margin to get votes over them.

Mario Williams. He definitely has the talent and physical abilities to make a huge impact this year, and with our much more aggressive defensive scheme he could put together a Pro Bowl season. I would love to see it to help squash some of these rampant complaints about our draft choice, and I think he has enough name recognition that he won't have to put up huge numbers to make it (i.e. unlike Carr he won't have to vastly outperform his peers in order to get votes). His main competition will be guys like Dwight Freeney, Jason Taylor, etc. and he's definitely capable of putting up comparable or even superior numbers. He is definitely a candidate for DROY.

Demeco Ryans. It looks like he could end up being our starting MLB. If that's the case he's definitely in a position to put up a lot of stats, and he's good enough that I think he'll make do on the majority of his opportunities. He could have an immediate breakout year like Jonathan Vilma did, and is a personal preseason candidate for DROY.

Coach C.
08-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Mork, I think if Mario puts up double digit sack numbers he makes the probowl. Shawn Merrimen made it and had 10 sacks so usually they take the hot rookie prospects. Meco and Mario are my picks and AJ should make it. Mind you we will need to win some games to get the recognition though.

AFD1717
08-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Chester Pitts

mexican_texan
08-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Two words: Lofa Tatupu. He was drafted in the second because of concerns of size, despite his talent. The same could be said of a certain linebacker who's name rhymes with "the beak of lions."

TexansLucky13
08-03-2006, 12:06 AM
I really think it's either Carr's time, or Dunta's time.

I just can't bring myself to believe that either of them will make it this year. I love those guys, especially Carr... but I just can't pick them having the best chance out of any Texan. I go with AJ.

joshri
08-03-2006, 12:56 AM
Defense:
Mario Williams
Dunta Robinson
DeMeco Ryans

Offense:
Andre Johnson
Mike Flanagan
Jeb Putzier
David Carr