PDA

View Full Version : The 2006 High School Football Thread

StarStruck
07-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Personally, I am as excited about the beginning of football season from high school all the way through the pros.

I especially enjoy cheering, encouraging and congratulating the high school kids including the dance teams, cheerleaders and band on their accomplishments. I applaud those who put forth the effort that could include serious injury, to provide entertainment in their respective communities at affordable prices.

2005 HS football thread (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=11480)

flylikeaneagle
07-31-2006, 09:18 PM
I need to catch some games down here. One thing I miss about PA is football season up there. The state is High School football crazy -- almost like Texas. I still like to think about the USA TODAY National Championship years.... three times. Good ol days.

aj.
07-31-2006, 09:48 PM
What part of town are you in?

In Houston 5A you have Katy, North Shore, Westfield, Woodlands, and Pearland that are all usually tough. Ft. Bend Marshall is also a fast rising power. Look for the good matchups -- try to hit the nice stadiums like Cy Fair, Galena Park, Katy and even some of the older but nice ones like Thorne, Mercer, etc.

flylikeaneagle
07-31-2006, 10:00 PM
What part of town are you in?

In Houston 5A you have Katy, North Shore, Westfield, Woodlands, and Pearland that are all usually tough. Ft. Bend Marshall is also a fast rising power. Look for the good matchups -- try to hit the nice stadiums like Cy Fair, Galena Park, Katy and even some of the older but nice ones like Thorne, Mercer, etc.

I live in Atascocita but I am sure I am going to hit up a Katy and a Woodlands game this year.

aj.
07-31-2006, 10:12 PM
You're very close to North Shore as well. Pick one of their more competitive games at Galena Park Stadium. They have some weak sisters in their District so be careful of the opponent - otherwise you'll see their second string in the second quarter. LaPorte is probably going to be the next best team in that District this year.

flylikeaneagle
07-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Okay... will check them out. Thanks.

BradK10
07-31-2006, 11:51 PM
Katy plays there first two games, @ Klein and @ The Woodlands. Make the drive up to Conroe for the Katy/Woodlands game, but find a way to get tickets early. It's an hour+ drive for Katy fans, but they'll approach selling out the visitor side of that stadium.

HoustonFan
08-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Go Klein Forest!!!!! They've been in the mix quite a bit these past couple of seasons. Hoping that they get over that hump, though.

TexanSam
08-01-2006, 12:29 AM
Go Klein Forest!!!!! They've been in the mix quite a bit these past couple of seasons. Hoping that they get over that hump, though.

I hope Klein kick their butt. Not likely seeing as Klein is only good in soccer and baseball, but I can always hope.

YoungTexanFan
08-01-2006, 12:45 AM

That seems odd coming from you, since you have the Katy Mustang in your avatar.

StarStruck
08-01-2006, 03:49 AM

It's been a while since Taylor has had a standout program.

Lufkin will travel to Houston this year to play Aldine Eisenhower which should be a good game, probably moreso for Lufkin. LaMarque also usually fields a good team, and they will play at Reliant Stadium 9/1.

I need to fill in my football calendar before I miss a game that I will regret.

swtbound07
08-01-2006, 04:30 AM

Lufkin will travel to Houston this year to play Aldine Eisenhower which should be a good game, probably moreso for Lufkin. LaMarque also usually fields a good team, and they will play at Reliant Stadium 9/1.

I need to fill in my football calendar before I miss a game that I will regret.

Im from La Marque...have been watching some of the practices and such. They are going to be a VERY strong team this year.....like playing for state strong. I haven't seen a team this good since the 95 squad

aj.
08-01-2006, 06:47 AM
LaMarque is loaded again and should take 23-4A. They have an offensive lineman who's all-everything and has already pledged to UT. They also have a Top 100 DB. Friendswood has one of the best LB corps in the state, 4A at least, so it will be fun to watch those two square off in District. I will see Friendswood early in the season.

Speaking of Conroe, Moorhead Stadium is another one of those older but nice stadiums to watch a game. I think I read somewhere that they are getting approval to build a new one.

HoustonFan
08-01-2006, 07:42 AM

Actually that avatar is the logo for the SMU Mustangs.

HoustonFan
08-01-2006, 07:46 AM
I hope Klein kick their butt. Not likely seeing as Klein is only good in soccer and baseball, but I can always hope.

Unlikely that Klein gets KFin football, but I agree w/ you on the soccer. Klein and Kingwood were awesome in soccer. Much like you hope for Klein to beat KF in football, I hope for KF to beat Klein in soccer.

But anyway, go KF!!!

bigtex77
08-04-2006, 08:18 AM
I am looking forward to watching Barbers Hill play after moving up to 4-A, it will be interesting to see how they compete.

real
08-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Watch out for those Elsik RAMS!!!!

aj.
08-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Re-posting the link to the board on Rivals for Greater Houston.

http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=984&fid=797&style=2

Boxscore
08-05-2006, 06:52 PM
I need to catch some games down here. One thing I miss about PA is football season up there. The state is High School football crazy -- almost like Texas. I still like to think about the USA TODAY National Championship years.... three times. Good ol days.

Where in PA Flylikeaneagle? Are you referring to Central Bucks West HS in Doylestown?

TexanSam
08-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Unlikely that Klein gets KFin football, but I agree w/ you on the soccer. Klein and Kingwood were awesome in soccer. Much like you hope for Klein to beat KF in football, I hope for KF to beat Klein in soccer.

But anyway, go KF!!!

Klein never seems to get the good players. Last year, had we beaten you guys, we would have made the state playoffs for the first time in close to a decade. I think you won by making an interception. Klein just has bad luck or no talent in football. And when we do have talent, it's not utilized properly. For example, in 2001 or 2002 (can't remember) we had Robert Killebrew (LB for UT) and Ashton Youbouty (drafted by the Bills in the 3rd round, starter at Ohio St.) on defense. We had an awesome running back named Treeo Gibson. Our coach was terrible. He quit or was fired a few years ago and is the head coach at Magnolia High School. I don't think they won a game his first two years there.

TexanFanInCC
08-08-2006, 01:22 PM
the most underrated district in htown area....24-4A....boasts 2 powerhouses in state ranked top 15. dont forget bay city is still there as well.

Go lamar consolidated!:whip: :bananasplit:

aj.
08-25-2006, 06:39 AM
Oct 26 @ 6:00pm
Lufkin at The Woodlands - live on ESPN2

Apparently The Woodlands has decided to adopt the mantra "if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best." They start the season against Smithson Valley, Katy, and North Shore. Ouch.

Then Lufkin for the district title match on ESPN ...

That's as tough of a four game set as you can get. Why not play Westfield while you're at it?

Errant Hothy
08-25-2006, 04:26 PM

I don't think Taylor has ever had a standout program...have they?

As for the rest of the state for the 5A title, Southlake Carroll and Trinity might both be able to repeat. Although it shouldn't be to much longer untill Southlake Carroll gets so big they have to spilt it into two schools, ala Plano in the recent past.

BradK10
08-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Southlake is not that big of a high school. I don't think there are any plans for a 2nd HS in that area.

Man I am bummed now. My girlfriend and I were supposed to be in town 9/22 and I was gonna take her to Katy's homecoming, but now we had to move the trip up a week and Katy's got a bye that week.

aj.
08-27-2006, 02:35 AM
SLC has only 2400 enrollment. Not big at all for Texas 5A. I've read where they don't have a lot of room to grow (landwise). That may or may not be true. Hoth-Boy, you should know being in Keller. I have family at Heritage so I'm somewhat familiar with the area but not specifically SLC.

Some of these enrollment figures are unreal. Plano and Plano East have 10,700 combined. Westfield is approaching 5000. Pearland is a one-HS district with over 4,000 and growing like mad ....

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/2006align/pdf/5A_fb_enroll.pdf

NederlandTexan
08-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Reliant Stadium - Friday, September 1 - 5PM La Marque vs. Nederland and 8:30PM Brenham vs. Port Neches-Groves. La Marque and Brenham are state ranked teams, Nederland and PN-G come from 22-4A ( both small schools ~1480 with lots of fan support ). Should see some good HS football.

Errant Hothy
08-27-2006, 10:11 PM
SLC has only 2400 enrollment. Not big at all for Texas 5A. I've read where they don't have a lot of room to grow (landwise). That may or may not be true. Hoth-Boy, you should know being in Keller. I have family at Heritage so I'm somewhat familiar with the area but not specifically SLC.

Some of these enrollment figures are unreal. Plano and Plano East have 10,700 combined. Westfield is approaching 5000. Pearland is a one-HS district with over 4,000 and growing like mad ....

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/2006align/pdf/5A_fb_enroll.pdf

SLC Senior High has only two grades at it, Juniors and Seniors; so they should be ok for awhile, but in a few years they may be pretty crowded. They might be able to go for awhile. Most have been some disgruntled fans I heard it from.

Mathis13
08-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Clear lake--- option offense

aj.
09-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Full slate of games tonight. I'll be at Nimitz - Clear Brook.

TPX state rankings are out: http://www.texasprepxtra.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=579533

hobie
09-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Katy will beat the Woodlands, or so I hope. Looks like a matchup of 2 powerhouse teams going at it, so that should be the game of the week on the HS level.
Not too many other states where HS football rivals that of the college and pro ranks.

Good luck to all teams !!

aj.
09-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Not sure if anyone is watching Mizzou v. Ole Miss right now (12:20 pm CDT) but watching Mizzou is like watching a Texas HS all star team.

Chase Daniel (true soph, Southlake Carroll) is looking very good at QB - like beyond his years good. He just threw a 27 yard pass to true freshman WR Jared Perry from LaMarque. Anchoring the Mizzou OL is RG Mike Cook from Clear Brook. ....

Mizzou also has kids from North Shore and Cy Falls on their roster.

It's funny how some schools develop these pipelines. Years ago it was Colorado, then it seemed like Iowa was recruiting hard down here. Now Mizzou...

People tend to often overlook the kids that end up at these 'other' schools but it doesn't mean they can't play, and play well at least at the Div I level....

mexican_texan
09-09-2006, 02:03 PM
16) Spring Westfield (1-0)
20) Cy-Falls (0-1)

Westfield won 13-6, but the game sure got off to a slow start. Not necessarily good defense, though they were good, but the offenses just weren't clicking. Coming back from halftime, the teams finally scored, thanks to the big plays from the running backs.

CoachJim
09-09-2006, 06:16 PM
... and even some of the older but nice ones like Thorne, Mercer, etc.

Thanks AJ ... Just when I was feelin pretty good about life, you reminded me how old I am. Jeez, when I was in HS those were the state-of-the-art stadiums.

Txn_in_Oki
09-09-2006, 08:22 PM
In Houston 5A you have Katy, North Shore, Westfield, Woodlands, and Pearland that are all usually tough.

SO weird to hear that. When I went to North Shore they couldn't buy a win.

mexican_texan
09-09-2006, 08:31 PM
As I waited for an hour for the Westfield-Cy Falls game highlights on FSN, I noticed how many Mustangs and Bulldogs there are---and of all the Mustangs, Westfield wasn't on the show.

TFL
09-09-2006, 08:59 PM
SO weird to hear that. When I went to North Shore they couldn't buy a win.

Well I know the past couple of years they been going to the Playoffs all the time, and I think it was either 02 or 03 when they won State. They played my high school team and shreaded us along with everybody else they played they would always put up 60+ points in district play and keep the teams usally under 14 points. One year we where about to go into the half with the score close 21-14 i think them winning, but they threw a TD right before the half leading 28-14 I think, and they ended up winning like 61-14 I think. They where/are raw. In fact Oklahoma state QB Bobby Reid was the QB that lead them to state

TexanDrifter
09-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Well I know the past couple of years they been going to the Playoffs all the time, and I think it was either 02 or 03 when they won State. They played my high school team and shreaded us along with everybody else they played they would always put up 60+ points in district play and keep the teams usally under 14 points. One year we where about to go into the half with the score close 21-14 i think them winning, but they threw a TD right before the half leading 28-14 I think, and they ended up winning like 61-14 I think. They where/are raw. In fact Oklahoma state QB Bobby Reid was the QB that lead them to state

In addition to all that, North Shore hasnt lost a regular season game during the previous five years. It was ALOT of fun going every friday night, even if most the games were terribly lopsided.

And then the big shocking moment when we lose in the playoffs. :brickwall

And the championship was in 2003. Yay for Bobby Reid!

Txn_in_Oki
09-10-2006, 11:50 AM
In addition to all that, North Shore hasnt lost a regular season game during the previous five years. It was ALOT of fun going every friday night, even if most the games were terribly lopsided.

And then the big shocking moment when we lose in the playoffs. :brickwall

And the championship was in 2003. Yay for Bobby Reid!

It's been quite the turn around to say the least. Good on 'em.

BradK10
09-20-2006, 06:47 PM
game of the week in the state this weekend in Katy, as A&M Consolidated travels down to face Katy. Two top 10 state ranked programs

Farough
09-20-2006, 08:36 PM
I wish that High School football was as popular in Canada as it is in the States, especially Texas. No one gives a s**t about it here. I go out to all my old Highschools games and support them and theres only crowds of about 20 or 30 people lol.

I guess it can be contributed to the fact that we do not have as high as quality football at the High School level as in the States.

TexanFanInCC
09-25-2006, 12:56 AM
lamar consolidated HS is my alum....they look real good. theyre ranked 6 in state and the QB is a freshman, the running back is a junior that rushed for well over 2000 yards last yr as a sophomore on varsity.

TexansSeminole
10-03-2006, 01:01 AM
Watch out for my Clements Rangers. They are leading their Fort Bend district. They also have the leading Class 5A rusher in Chris Lenoir and David Carr's brother Derrick. I have broken down some stats and stuff here: http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?p=460049#post460049 . They also have John Hoke's (our secondary coach) son, Kyle. Kyle and Derrick are both sophomores, while Chris is a Junior.

aj.
10-06-2006, 07:11 AM
lamar consolidated HS ... the running back is a junior that rushed for well over 2000 yards last yr as a sophomore on varsity.

Jacquizz Rodgers. Lance talks about him all the time on SR610.

Here's something from the Chronicle.

RATING THE PLAYERS
Who’s the area’s midseason MVP?

• Colton Johnson (Jr.), RB, Waller (951 rushing yards, 9 TD)
• Sam McGuffie (Jr.), RB, Cy-Fair (769 rushing yards, 9 TD)
• Billy Noonan (Jr.), QB, St. Pius (997 passing yards, 13 TD)
• Jacquizz Rodgers (Jr.), RB, Lamar Consolidated (663 rushing yds, 15 TD)
• Clifton Toney (Sr.), RB, Furr (808 rushing yds, 106 receiving yds, 13 TD)
• Cotton Turner (Sr.), QB, Dulles (1,359 passing yards, 16 TD)

mexican_texan
10-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Homecoming at Leonard George Stadium. :)

mexican_texan
10-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Homecoming at Leonard George Stadium. :)
Westfield vs. Klein Collins was...how should I put it...a blowout. A shutout into the 50s. Then my school showed its true colors with gang fights outside the school.

aj.
10-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Pearland fan needs to get in here and explain the last two weeks...

StarStruck
10-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Pearland fan needs to get in here and explain the last two weeks...

I was surprised:confused: Is this a rebuilding year?

I went to Hightower's Homecoming, and they beat Elkins 34-17. Hard to read into 23-5A successes as on any given week the rankings within seem to change.

aj.
10-07-2006, 01:23 PM
I was surprised:confused: Is this a rebuilding year?

Not only no ... but heck no.

With Proctor (QB) coming over from Dobie this year and Fozzy (Longhorn commit) in the backfield, I think most everyone expected them to roll through 24-5A. With such a large, one-HS district and the access to so many athletes, there's no reason for them not to roll through 24-5A every year. I read the summary from last night and it looks like Proctor didn't play. Coach Heath is taking some heat on the Rivals Greater Houston board.

Congrats to Clear Creek btw - on their big win over previously unbeaten Lake.

Creek's offense is fun to watch - when they get it going. Lots of speed at WR. They can take control of 24-5A with wins over Brazoswood and Pearland the next two weeks.

mexican_texan
10-08-2006, 11:19 PM

But anyway, go KF!!!
Westfield plays Klein Forest on Friday. Stay away from the game if you can, if not, invest some money into a kevlar vest...

TexanSam
10-08-2006, 11:46 PM
You know what I think is dumb? Every team now takes 4 teams from each district into playoffs. I think 3 was perfectly fine. Most districts don't even have 3 good teams, now they're taking 4! And why doesn't the Division I 5A winner play the Division II 5A winner to determine one state champion instead of having two champions? High school football playoffs in Texas is about as wacky as the BCS.

TexanFanInCC
10-14-2006, 08:28 AM
first off, i am a member of a 4A high school football message board. i was wondering if perhaps i can promote that message board in the texans board since its really not pro related. i can perfectly understand if t couldnt be done, but it doesnt state it in the terms of service. if i cant, then ya think we can have a section dedicated to high school football...like in the houston sports scene? i know theres a thread already devoted to HS football, but i think that people would talk more HS football on here if there was a section for it. high school football is a very legitimate topic of discussion and so i think that a section for Hs football would not go to waste. opinions and thoughts?

AJ121
10-18-2006, 10:45 PM
clear lake vs galveston ball should be an interseting game to see

DRIFTAWAY
10-21-2006, 12:00 AM
clear lake vs galveston ball should be an interseting game to see

hmm ball beats lake
pearland beats creek
alvin beats brazoswood( big upset)

so really that leaves the district standings at

1. Ball 3-0 Games Left- Brazoswood, Pearland, Creek
2. Brazoswood 2-1 Games Left- Ball, Brook, Lake
3. Lake 2-2 Games Left- Brook, Brazoswood
4. Creek 2-2 Games left- Alvin, Ball
5. Pearland 1-2 Games Left- Alvin, Ball, Brook
6. Brook 1-2 Games left- Lake, Brazoswood, Pearland
7. Alvin 1-3 Games Left- Pearland, Creek

All of these teams are pretty much still in this race,

If Brazoswood falls to Ball next week, and Brook wins their homecoming against Lake, and Pearland beats alvin as expected, then come 1 week from now we would see Ball in first and a four way tie for 2nd. Top 4 teams make playoffs .

aj.
10-21-2006, 06:47 AM
24-5A is bizarre this year.

Brazoswood beats Pearland, the odds on District favorite, shuts out and totally dominates Creek at Creek's homecoming, then loses to one of the two weakest teams in the District (Alvin). :confused: I've seen Alvin, Brook, Ball, and Creek this year (in addition to Friendswood, Dobie, Nimitz, and Westfield).

Pearland got it's QB (Proctor) back which was the problem they were having. Fozzy (UT commit) had over 400 yards rushing and 4 TDs last night. They could win out.

Ball has good balance and this is their best team in a few years. They were relying on defense early but their QB Patino is starting to get it going. Marcus Taylor looks like a little Reggie Bush out there at times, and not just because he wears #5. The kid can catch and put the moves on people after the catch.

The Ball-Lake game was crazy at the end. Lake tied it 27-27 with 0:59 left in the game but then Ball ran the ensuing kickoff back 91 yards to set up Patino with the game winner with 0:12 remaining.

Lake and Creek are very close competitively. Lake runs a read option that is tough to defend (they rarely pass the ball) and Creek with their track stars on offense runs the same Baytown Lee spread offense that made Drew Tate a starter at Iowa. Brook is the weakest of the three Clear schools this year. I would be very surprised if they beat Lake next week but strange things can happen when you get these neighborhood rivals together on the field. Brook lost its best DL a couple of weeks ago to injury and that will hurt them the rest of the way.

I have yet to see Brazoswood but a friend of mine saw them against Creek and gave me a scouting report. Good size and two legit RBs. Although, again, I have no clue what happened to them last night because I wasn't all that impressed with Alvin's defense when I saw them a couple of weeks ago.

Creek has three D-I commits: Taylor Echols (Tulane), Jereme Brooks (Utah), and J.J. Mullins (Kansas State)

Ball's Frank Avery has commited to A&M.

swtbound07
10-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Can anybody give me a rundown on 23-4a or 24-4a......i can't remember which one la marque is in

aj.
10-21-2006, 07:44 PM
23-4A

The Cougs are 7-1 and ranked 7th in state.

Their only loss was to 5A Pearland 24-14 early in the season when Pearland was at full strength.

Two games left against Santa Fe and Dickinson....they should finish 9-1 and take District. They beat the Stings last night and have already beaten Friendswood so they are in control of their own as they say.

They have an offensive lineman 6'5' 290 Andre McGaskey headed for UT next year.

Lamar Consolidated, Brenham, and LaMarque are the class of the 4A schools in this part of the state.

TFL
10-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Can someone tell me what is the website name to get scores for Texas high school football I forgot it.

mexican_texan
10-21-2006, 09:21 PM
www.texashsfootball.com

AJ121
10-21-2006, 09:27 PM
for some weird reason 24-5A teams have bad games during homecoming. Lake beats Pearland, then lake gets beaten by G-ball. you should see some of the ccisd middle school games, they are extremely competitive

AJ121
10-21-2006, 09:29 PM
ball i think has an important role in deciding who makes 24-5A playoffs. i think its possible the go 3-0 but then they can likely go 0-3

TexanSam
10-21-2006, 11:18 PM
Klein 40 Klein Forest 21

Klein and Westfield are the two best teams in the district. Horace Gibson is a beast! Go Bearkats!

TexansSeminole
10-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Clements 26 Willowridge 0. The Clements Rangers are now 6-2. Away game against FB Bush next week.

StarStruck
10-22-2006, 02:30 AM
Hightower 37, Dulles 27 in an exciting almost to the finish battle. Hightower won earlier over Clements. Now it appears that the top three in 23-5A will be Hightower, Clements and Marshall.

Clements really drew a crowd like I've never seen before especially against a weaker team. I guess young Carr is putting behinds in seats. OBTW, Bush shouldn't pose any threats.

bah007
10-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Klein Collins baby!

We lost the #4 running back in the nation and #4 overall player in Texas.
Mike Goodson- now at Texas A&M

now we suck

TexanSam
10-24-2006, 11:34 PM
Klein Collins baby!

We lost the #4 running back in the nation and #4 overall player in Texas.
Mike Goodson- now at Texas A&M

now we suck

Did Klein Collins lose a lot other talent as well? As good as Mike Goodson is, I didn't think Klein Collins would go from near the top of the district to near the bottom. Where there a lot of seniors on last years team?

bah007
10-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Did Klein Collins lose a lot other talent as well? As good as Mike Goodson is, I didn't think Klein Collins would go from near the top of the district to near the bottom. Where there a lot of seniors on last years team?

We lost an O-Lineman to LSU, one to Navy, one to Texas A&M. We also lost a safety to Texas Tech & a CB to Sam Houston.

mexican_texan
10-25-2006, 09:00 AM
We lost an O-Lineman to LSU, one to Navy, one to Texas A&M. We also lost a safety to Texas Tech & a CB to Sam Houston.
...and a QB to Westfield...

TexanSam
10-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Klein vs Westfield this week. Klein will win and go on to win district!

mexican_texan
10-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Klein vs Westfield this week. Klein will win and go on to win district!

lol:

TexanSam
10-25-2006, 07:12 PM
lol:

I would make an avatar bet, but high school football isn't that important. That or I'm probably :chicken: Regardless, Klein is going to kick Westfield's booty!

mexican_texan
10-25-2006, 07:19 PM
I would make an avatar bet, but high school football isn't that important. That or I'm probably :chicken: Regardless, Klein is going to kick Westfield's booty!
Klein gave up over 20 points to KF. Westfield allowed 6. 'Nuff said. Some of my friends that are on the team are pissed about the talking Klein does. The 3rd string center and the TE are going to kick some butt.

TexanSam
10-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Klein gave up over 20 points to KF. Westfield allowed 6. 'Nuff said. Some of my friends that are on the team are pissed about the talking Klein does. The 3rd string center and the TE are going to kick some butt.

I wouldn't know about the talking. I graduated in 2005 from Klein and I don't really know anyone at the school anymore so I just root for them. Honestly, I expect Westfield to beat Klein badly. But I thought Klein would do bad as always this season so I was wrong about that as well. I'm guessing Klein isn't the only one that does a lot of talking though. Westfield probably has their share of talkers as well.

mexican_texan
10-25-2006, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't know about the talking. I graduated in 2005 from Klein and I don't really know anyone at the school anymore so I just root for them. Honestly, I expect Westfield to beat Klein badly. But I thought Klein would do bad as always this season so I was wrong about that as well. I'm guessing Klein isn't the only one that does a lot of talking though. Westfield probably has their share of talkers as well.
There's a lot of trash talking going on from Klein, the kind I've never seen. If WESTFIELD is saying that...that's something.

TexanSam
10-25-2006, 10:35 PM
There's a lot of trash talking going on from Klein, the kind I've never seen. If WESTFIELD is saying that...that's something.

I'd be curious to what the trash talking is. I'm guessing it's probably not allowed in a forum so a private message maybe? I never knew any guys on the football team while I was in high school but I wouldn't doubt that they're doing a lot.

bah007
10-25-2006, 10:38 PM
The rich kids at Klein are always talkin trash no matter how bad they are. Then again, I went to Klein Collins and they can talk trash to us this year.

Someone told me we had like -80 rushing yds in the first game.

StarStruck
10-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Is anyone watching the game between Lufkin and The Woodlands on ESPN2, now?

Boxscore
10-26-2006, 06:54 PM
I am. Hope the rain stops completely. Katy defeated The Woodlands 10-7 @ The Woodlands earlier this season.

aj.
10-26-2006, 07:14 PM
I tuned in at the start of Q2.

Too bad the weather sux. Lufkin's D is dominating.

I've been to Moorhead only once. It's a very nice venue considering its age. Looks like it drains well too....

chuckm
10-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Weather delay now ..... Lufkin 9 - Woodlands 7

TexansFan4EvR
10-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Hey yall guys just thought I would let yall know theres is a big match this weekend in Katy. #6 ranked Katy Tigers vs #20 ranked Cinco Ranch both teams are 7-0. Cinco Ranch has never been Katy HS, I would know i was a 4 year starter at DE! I hope Cinco Ranch wins this. I Predict CR - 35 Katy - 21. GO COUGARS!!!!:redtowel:

StarStruck
10-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Weather delay now ..... Lufkin 9 - Woodlands 7

It would have been good for The Woodlands if the bad weather had held up. The score is now 31-7 with 2:44 left.

aj.
10-28-2006, 12:07 AM
I saw a classic tonight...

Clear Brook 41 - Clear Lake 38

3 OTs, 3 1/2 hours

TexanSam
10-28-2006, 12:21 AM
Darn, Klein lost 24-3 against Westfield. Oh well.

GuerillaBlack
10-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Hey yall guys just thought I would let yall know theres is a big match this weekend in Katy. #6 ranked Katy Tigers vs #20 ranked Cinco Ranch both teams are 7-0. Cinco Ranch has never been Katy HS, I would know i was a 4 year starter at DE! I hope Cinco Ranch wins this. I Predict CR - 35 Katy - 21. GO COUGARS!!!!:redtowel:

I'm DE, too. I am at Cinco High (Sophmore team). We aren't that bad. I hope Cinco wins, too. Katy might, though. They beat Morton Ranch 51 to 0. Morton Ranch is bad, though. Next year they will be good because their JV is 3-4 or something like that. One win away from having a tying record. Watch out for them next year.

DRIFTAWAY
10-28-2006, 09:12 AM
I saw a classic tonight...

Clear Brook 41 - Clear Lake 38

3 OTs, 3 1/2 hours

I was there as well,( nephew attends brook, otherwise would have gone to the ball-brazoswood game, but glad i didn't) i can say that it was the best high school game i've ever been to.

aj.
10-28-2006, 10:28 AM
I was there as well,( nephew attends brook, otherwise would have gone to the ball-brazoswood game, but glad i didn't) i can say that it was the best high school game i've ever been to.

The thing that was fun was that no one on either side of the stadium was sitting, from the point when Brandon Y had the FG blocked with 4 seconds left in regulation until the end of the third OT. The mob scene of red on the field after Karrol caught the game winner was fun to watch (for CB fans at least). Brook put a serious hurt on Lake's playoff chances with that one. Decker and Grant are juniors so they will have a core to build around next year. Decker doesn't run the option quite as well as Oswald did a couple years ago, but he's still very good - and fast. Brook's Cornell Baxter is a good tough RB and he's also a junior. Very tough break for the Lake player ... compound fracture of the forearm I was told.

mexican_texan
10-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Darn, Klein lost 24-3 against Westfield. Oh well.

:dancing:

TexansSeminole
10-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Very tough break for the Lake player ... compound fracture of the forearm I was told.

Ooo, that sucks. If you could get injury information or know where...could you check on Chris Lenoir from Clements. They beat Bush this weekend 25 to 12, I think, but he didn't play. I dont know if they are resting him for the playoffs or he is somewhat injured and they dont want to take a chance or he is seriously injured.

DRIFTAWAY
11-03-2006, 04:29 PM
the battle in the 24-5A resumes tonight with Brook going down to Hopper Stadium to play Brazoswood( now ranked 37th in state) and then Pearland and Ball taking each other on

aj.
11-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Don't forget Clear Creek hosting Alvin. Creek has the inside track on that 4th playoff spot - at least.

And speaking of Brazoswood and Clear Brook at Hopper.... Congrats to both of their marching bands as they are two of only five HS bands in the Greater Houston Area to qualify for the State competition.

AJ121
11-03-2006, 10:23 PM
well looks like 24-5A is normal tonite

mexican_texan
11-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Westfield gets NO love.

nunusguy
11-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Putting on a show in the first quarter, McGuffie rushed for 376 yards and eight touchdowns on 28 carries to lead Cy-Fair past Cypress Creek 61-35 in a District 17-5A game. McGuffie now has 2,020 yards rushing this season and 29 touchdowns.
http://www.nflhs.com/StateStories.aspx?id=10046
He won't be eligible for the NFL Draft until something like 2011 since he's
not expected to graduate from HS until 2008. But this local kid sounds like
the kind of player who could get more attention than anyone coming out of
HS locally since Vince Young. Expect him to be heavily recruited by the
biggest programs.
He's reportedly ran a 4.33 40 this past summer, but I don't have a link to post so who knows for sure. I saw some film of him on local 13 the other day and he's amazing.
Also as an added curiosity is that he's a Euro-American. But anything in the4.33 range is pretty dang quick for a white boy, especially since he did it prior to beginning his junior year in HS.
check this out from youtube.com and watch this kid in action !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxnkttzdNrU&mode=related&search=

rmartin65
11-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Thats pretty crazy. One heck of a jump.

mexican_texan
11-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Euro-American...what?...WTH? *Shakes head in disgust*

rmartin65
11-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Hold on, is a runningback or QB? That one play he lined up at QB it looked like, but then he runs alot to get 2020 yards.

YoungTexanFan
11-08-2006, 03:41 PM
:challenge White men aren't supposed to be able to jump like that.

:francis:

painekiller
11-08-2006, 05:23 PM
That is just funny. I feel sorry for the DB or was that a LB that he jumped over. The guy didn't even move. Had he just stood up McGuffie is down. Should have been an easy tackle. Oh HS.

nunusguy
11-08-2006, 07:06 PM
"Sam plays football for the local high school where I live. He is having a great Junior year so far leading the Houston area in rushing averaging over 200 yds per game. He was timed at 4.33 sec in the 40 yd dash at one of the recruiting camps this summer. He is also one of the top long jumpers in the state. He is getting recruited by all of the local Division 1 schools. Good luck to him in the future. "
http://www.castefootball.us/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3841

Texandiver
11-08-2006, 09:41 PM
I was not at that game, but I've been to several Cy Fair games this year and I've seen do the hurdle 3 times.

Also the morning guys and afternoon guys on 610 were talking about him today on their shows. Heck Marc said that on Saturday evening ESPN was trying to get hold of the hurdle footage.

I think Sam has put himself on the radar of more schools, and will start to be heavily recruited.

DRIFTAWAY
11-10-2006, 04:26 PM
well 24-5A comes to an end tonight, should be interesting. Brazoswood finally emerged as the team to beat, and won the district. Right now it looks like its going to be Brazoswood, Clear Creek, Galveston Ball, and Pearland in the playoffs, but Pearland plays at Brook today and last I heard if Brook can win it by 18, the playoff spot is theirs.

TexansSeminole
11-11-2006, 03:24 AM
It's time for the 2006 high school football playoffs. Post who you think will win, and who you want to win.

Here is a recent Top 10 of Region 3: http://www.5atexasfootball.com/06region3standings.htm

Here is a recent Top 25 of all of Texas (Region 1-4): http://www.5atexasfootball.com/06week10ranks.htm

Personally, I think North Shore will win Region 3. I would like for Clements to win.

aj.
11-11-2006, 07:11 AM
Don't forget there's two Divisions in 5A and 4A. Stupid, I know, but it's the system we have to deal with.

North Shore has to be the favorite in Region III, 5A Div. I, Katy is the favorite in Div II.

Pearland (Div I) has been coming on strong since they got their QB back. I saw them last night and they are a machine with Fos Whitaker (UT commit) at RB.

Clements will be competing in the Div II bracket which hasn't been released yet.

------------
Here's the unofficial playoff projections (which doesn't include last night's games) that I pulled off one of the websites. They must be halfway accurate because I saw Dulles scouting Pearland last night and they are projected to square off in the first round. They have Clements meeting Ball.

One thing that's changed this year is the bi-District match ups. For years, 24-5A has played 22-5A in bi-District. This year 24-5A is playing 23-5A in bi-District, and 21-5A is playing 22-5A. Refreshing change -- mainly because one of our 24-5A entrants would always get crushed by North Shore in the first round. Now they won't get crushed until the second round.

Class 5A Region III
Projected Playoff Pairings

DIVISION I
Cypress Fairbanks (8-1, 5-1) vs Katy Taylor (5-4, 4-2)
Aldine (6-3, 5-1) vs Houston Lamar (7-2, 5-1)
Kingwood (5-3, 4-2) vs Deer Park (6-3, 5-1)
FB Hightower (6-3, 5-2) vs Clear Creek (4-5, 3-2)
Cypress Ridge (6-3, 4-2) vs Cinco Ranch (8-1, 5-1)
Aldine MacArthur (4-5, 4-2) vs Houston Westside (8-1, 6-0)
Humble (7-2, 4-2) vs GP North Shore (9-0, 6-0)
FB Dulles (8-2, 6-2) vs Pearland (7-2, 3-2)

DIVISION II
Cypress Falls (6-3, 5-1) vs Alief Taylor (5-4, 3-3)
Houston Stratford (8-1, 6-0) vs Houston Chavez (5-4, 4-2)
Beau. West Brook (7-2, 5-1) vs Pasadena Memorial (6-3, 4-2)
FB Clements (7-2, 5-2) vs Galveston Ball (6-3, 3-2)
Jersey Village (5-4, 4-2) vs Katy (9-0, 6-0)
Houston Memorial (4-5, 4-2) vs Houston Madison (5-4, 4-2)
Baytown Lee (6-3, 4-2) vs La Porte (5-4, 4-2)
FB Marshall (6-3, 5-2) vs Brazoswood (8-1, 4-1

------------------------------

In Region II 5A Div I, I think the game everyone (at least from around here) wants to see is Lufkin v. Westfield.

Lots of good info in the Greater Houston Forum on this site --> http://www.texasprepxtra.rivals.com/forum.asp

aj.
11-12-2006, 09:10 AM
Updating the previous post.....

The playoff projections were mostly accurate but the following corrections need to be made:

In 5A Region III Div I, North Shore plays Baytown Lee

In 5A Region III Div II, Clements plays Brazoswood; Ball plays Marshall; PA Memorial plays LaPorte

As I mentioned before, Katy is the safe pick in Region III Div. II, but I should have mentioned Pearland as threat in Div. I along with North Shore. But after watching NS shut down Fos last year, I'd still have to give the edge to NS.

Updated 5A brackets here: http://www.5atexasfootball.com/playoffs2006.htm

TexansSeminole
11-13-2006, 12:23 AM
Looks like we got Brazoswood first...I dont know anything about this team...looks liek they have a good defense and an OK offense. If you know anything about them please tell me.

We (Clements) lost our starting RB to a broken arm against Willowridge (ended up shutting them out). He had 1500 yards and 17 TDs in 7 and a half games.

We got a good backup but he is also one of the best receivers we have so...the injury can't help the team.

Hopefully we can get past the first round this year (Last year we got beat 48-0 by Katy in the first).

Mattheus_Rex
11-13-2006, 12:26 AM
I've been gone from Texas a long time. Has Klein Oak ever been good? We weren't so hot while I was there 91-95. lol

aj.
11-13-2006, 06:25 AM
Looks like we got Brazoswood first...I dont know anything about this team...looks liek they have a good defense and an OK offense. If you know anything about them please tell me.

Not spectacular. Good RB. Solid D.

Their best effort, aside from beating Pearland, was shutting out a good Clear Creek offense. When they beat Pearland they came back from 22-0 to win. But Pearland was missing it's starting QB for a few games during that stretch and that hurt them. Pearland's star RB did play in that game....ran up 180 yards and had a couple TDs. Lenoir should be able to do the same as long as Clements mixes the pass with the run.

B-Wood is also a bit schitzo. They beat Pearland (currently the best team in 24-5A) but then lost to Alvin which is the 24-5A equivalent of FB Bush (in terms of W-L record).

bah007
11-13-2006, 10:00 AM
I've been gone from Texas a long time. Has Klein Oak ever been good? We weren't so hot while I was there 91-95. lol

They got kicked down to 4A for two or three years but now they are back in the district with the other Klein schools.

They were really good about 6-7 years ago but recently they have been horrible.

But I think they made the playoffs in 4A last year & are doing okay in 5A this year.

TexansSeminole
11-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Lenoir should be able to do the same as long as Clements mixes the pass with the run.

Unfortunately, Chris (Lenoir) broke his wrist a few weeks ago, so he is out. I am going to have to talk to him when I get back to Houston, see what really happened.

Mattheus_Rex
11-14-2006, 12:31 AM
They got kicked down to 4A for two or three years but now they are back in the district with the other Klein schools.

They were really good about 6-7 years ago but recently they have been horrible.

But I think they made the playoffs in 4A last year & are doing okay in 5A this year.

Yeah let me tell you, no win seasons are depressing. We aso never won a homecoming game while I was there. LOL

TxAg
11-15-2006, 03:50 PM
LA MARQUE - The La Marque High School football team will enter the state playoffs without starting quarterback Durkelyn

mexican_texan
11-15-2006, 04:03 PM
It sure is interesting to go to a school where students come from both high schools in the district...my friends on the Westfield football team have been talking smack to the Spring guys..."What happened? 35-0? Well, at least you got playoffs....not."

TxAg
11-15-2006, 04:34 PM
I just wish my Dickinson Gators would have made the playoffs but im sure next year they will and some!! they will have 20 of 21 starter back from a 6-4 team

nunusguy
11-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Cy-Fair running back Sam McGuffie followed up his area-leading regular season with an impressive 288 yards with 5-touchdown performance with only 17 carries.
Bobcat Sam McGuffie gained 248 yards in the first half, capped off by a 90-yard scoring run in which he broke 5 tackles.
http://www.chron.com/c/apps/sports/hs/fb/fb_results.mpl?game_no=7734&date=17&month=10&class=All&category=boxscore&year=2006
Not a bad days work last night for Super Sammy.
Looks like he got 248 of his 288 total in the first half, so guess they rested him in the second half. Dang, he might have had some decent stats if he had played the whole game ?

Carr Bombed
11-18-2006, 12:26 PM
He is exactly what Texas needs. Texas doesn't really have great runningbacks, plus they fumble to damn much. McGuffie to Texas, Mack make it happen.

We'll have the two Mc's

McCoy and McGuffie

TexansSeminole
11-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Clements lost a 14 point halftime lead and ended up losing the game against Brazoswood 42-35. Clements was up 14 points in the 3rd quarter when a pass from Derek Carr hit a receiver in his hands and was intercepted and returned 60 yards for a touchdown.

swtbound07
11-18-2006, 03:30 PM
LA MARQUE - The La Marque High School football team will enter the state playoffs without starting quarterback Durkelyn

i live down here...kid got busted with a full bottle of Xanax.not good.

mexican_texan
11-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Westfield over the Woodlands...yeeaaah!

TexanSam
11-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Heh, Klein lost 72-24 over Lufkin. Ouch

aj.
11-18-2006, 07:29 PM
23-5A and 24-5A had a very competitive bi-district.

Pearland (over Dulles) and B-Wood (over Clements) advance from 24-5A.

Hightower (over Clear Creek) and Marshall (over Ball) advance from 23-5A.

In other action I was surprised at how close the North Shore - Baytown Lee game was. Is there a chink in the armor?

Lufkin is one of the best HS teams with one of the most highly recruited WRs in the country. No shame there.

TexanSam
11-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Lufkin is one of the best HS teams with one of the most highly recruited WRs in the country. No shame there.

You'd still think you could limit them to below 72 points. When Klein played Lufkin a few years ago when Javorskie Lane was their main RB (his senior year I think) at least Klein lost 35-7 or something like that. 72...sheesh. I don't actively follow Klein, but that score is just odd looking. Not really a disgrace, more like "Holy @#$!!"

TexansSeminole
11-18-2006, 08:08 PM
In other action I was surprised at how close the North Shore - Baytown Lee game was. Is there a chink in the armor?

Was wondering the same thing myself.

Marcus
11-18-2006, 08:39 PM
McGuffie has no interest in going to Texas.

Here is a better one showing the leap in YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eygKqRMd94U&NR

hot pickle
11-18-2006, 09:56 PM

Here is a better one showing the leap in YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eygKqRMd94U&NR

i think your wrong, you will see

BradK10
11-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Katy easily disposes of Jersey Village 58-7. It was 49-0 at the half.

TexanDrifter
11-19-2006, 01:49 AM

I swear, my Mustangs are gonna put me in an early grave yet. Sadly this is one of their playoff games I missed...

The North Shore offense just isnt as explosive as its been in years past. So if the defense starts the game flat, things get really uncomfertable really fast. In particular the NS QB just doesnt seem to stack up against the guys they had in previous years. And not just Robert Reid, just in general NS has had QBs who could make something happen from the worst of situations. Havent seen much of that this year....

Panther5407
11-20-2006, 11:26 AM
I had to play against him like our third to last game of our season and I've never seen someone so fast. He tried to hurddle one of our players too but didnt turn out to well One of our safties caught his feet and flipped him. Sam is good but he isn't too bright (I think he failed like three classes but got them all waived) and is one of the cockiest people I've ever met. He's good no doubt about it tho.

real
11-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Hurdling guys in football can be bad for your health....

Lucky
11-20-2006, 01:09 PM

i think your wrong, you will see

I can't link this because it is premium content, but here is an excerpt from an interview with Sam McGuffie on insidetexas.com earlier this season:

McGuffie is wide open as far as the schools that he is interested in, but location will definitely not factor into his final decision.

“I’m not like the same ole same ole kid. I don’t really care about staying close to home at schools like Texas, Texas A&M, or Baylor,” McGuffie said. “I have lived in Texas my whole life and I want to see different places. I would like to go to the west coast or the east coast, maybe Florida. I also like the mountains. I want to go to a team with good players that will make me a great college football player.”

McGuffie established a Pac-10 school as his overall favorite.

“USC,” McGuffie said. “I get the white Reggie Bush a lot. I like to make plays. I make the kind of plays you never see.”

“I’m looking for the school that fits me best,” McGuffie said. “The school that can get the most production out of me and hopefully make me one of the best college football players in the nation.”

powerfuldragon
11-22-2006, 01:47 PM
http://withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=1632

Or was reggie bush the first sam mcguffie?

Hervoyel
11-22-2006, 02:23 PM
The Texans need to target McGuffie now so that they're ready to select him when the time comes. Seriously guys, he's a once in a lifetime talent that will change the game completely when he reaches the professional level.

Sam McGuffie is not the next Gayle Sayers. Gayle Sayers was just God giving us a preview of Sam McGuffie.

;)

Holden135
11-22-2006, 03:09 PM
anybody know where he is planning on going for college?

Wolf
11-22-2006, 05:08 PM
The Texans need to target McGuffie now so that they're ready to select him when the time comes. Seriously guys, he's a once in a lifetime talent that will change the game completely when he reaches the professional level.

Sam McGuffie is not the next Gayle Sayers. Gayle Sayers was just God giving us a preview of Sam McGuffie.

;)
too funny herv

wow, must be like the show "heroes" that everyone talks about..
That would make 2 people now that can block a chuck Norris roundhouse kick

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Noel Devine is better: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_vx9CFYw22E

aj.
11-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Noel Devine is better

Devine is #11 on the rivals Top 100 (11th best collegiate prospect in the country). Still uncommitted btw - lots of SEC schools and the U and Mich are in the running. His videos have been on the net since he was a soph.

McGuffie is only a junior. Fwiw, his rivals page shows these schools on his list:

Iowa
Kansas State
LSU
Texas
Texas A&M
Rice
TCU
Texas-El Paso

North Shore v. Pearland on Friday if anyone wants to see a good game (at Reliant). Unfortunately I will be out of town. I think Pearland takes out the 'stangs this time around.

Carr Bombed
11-22-2006, 07:00 PM
If he goes to USC I'm going to puke....I hate USC

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-23-2006, 04:37 PM
If he goes to USC I'm going to puke....I hate USC

Ditto

BradK10
11-23-2006, 08:20 PM
watching McGuffie's videos reminds me of watching a lot of Devine's videos...definitely some talent present but what is even more present is poor tackling

bah007
11-24-2006, 12:21 AM
watching McGuffie's videos reminds me of watching a lot of Devine's videos...definitely some talent present but what is even more present is poor tackling

Poor tackling is pretty common in high school football.

MrLizardTX
11-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Games I saw my High School team, Brazoswood play ...0-1
All other games............................................. .......11-0
I guess I'll miss the game next week vs Katy :joker:

TexanFanInCC
11-26-2006, 03:18 PM
anyone think lamar cons vs caney creek next week will produce at least 100 pts between the two teams? cant wait for that game. go lamar cons.

StarStruck
12-02-2006, 07:44 PM
I was not at that game, but I've been to several Cy Fair games this year and I've seen do the hurdle 3 times.

Also the morning guys and afternoon guys on 610 were talking about him today on their shows. Heck Marc said that on Saturday evening ESPN was trying to get hold of the hurdle footage.

I think Sam has put himself on the radar of more schools, and will start to be heavily recruited.

I went to the Cy-Fair/Hightower game today, and I must say that I am still in awe. Seeing McGuffie alone is worth the price of admission and more.

aj.
12-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Cy Fair - Pearland will be a great Region III Div. I final next Sat (at Rice). Fozzy and McGuff should light it up. Two of the best RBs in the area.

Cy Falls - Katy will play in the Region III Div. II final.

Westfield will be playing Allen (north Dallas burb) in the Region II Div. I finals. (sux for the Houston area schools to be in Region II). Westfield is in line to play powerhouse SLC if they win (and SLC beats C. Heritage).

LaMarque and Texas City will play for the 4A Region III Div. II final next weekend after TC's upset of Brenham. Congrats and no disrespect to the Stings but I really wanted to see LaMarque- Brenham...

Lamar Cons. is playing Alamo Heights in the 4A Div. I state semis.

I think that's all the GHA schools still in it....

Boxscore
12-03-2006, 08:36 AM
Cy Fair - Pearland will be a great Region III Div. I final next Sat (at Rice). Fozzy and McGuff should light it up. Two of the best RBs in the area.

Cy Falls - Katy will play in the Region III Div. II final.

Westfield will be playing Allen (north Dallas burb) in the Region II Div. I finals. (sux for the Houston area schools to be in Region II). Westfield is in line to play powerhouse SLC if they win (and SLC beats C. Heritage).

LaMarque and Texas City will play for the 4A Region III Div. II final next weekend after TC's upset of Brenham. Congrats and no disrespect to the Stings but I really wanted to see LaMarque- Brenham...

Lamar Cons. is playing Alamo Heights in the 4A Div. I state semis.

I think that's all the GHA schools still in it....

Add Katy's Andre Dean to the list of the best running backs in the area.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4375406.html

aj.
12-03-2006, 08:44 AM
I wasn't going for a comprehensive list or trying to slight your Tigers - I was just pointing out that two of the best will be playing each other on Saturday. Dean is a very good RB, as is Dwayne Stewart from Westfield. Jacquizz Rogers (Lamar Cons.) and his 2388 rushing yards and 48 TDs just might be better than all of them.

Boxscore
12-03-2006, 09:51 AM
No problem. Another item to note. Katy's team is young. They start a lot of underclassman, including Dean. They should be a powerhouse again next year.

Tailgate
12-03-2006, 10:44 AM
No problem. Another item to note. Katy's team is young. They start a lot of underclassman, including Dean. They should be a powerhouse again next year.

Thats become the norm for my old high school.

BradK10
12-04-2006, 07:48 PM
when did you graduate? I graduated in 1998 from KHS

DRIFTAWAY
12-04-2006, 09:04 PM
I expect pearland to make it to state, they are playing very good football

aj.
12-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Congrats to Pearland. Way to rep 24-5A and good luck at state (SA next week). Southlake Carroll, Allen, Austin Westlake and Pearland compete for the Div I 5A crown. A tough field to say the least.

Katy is done. Cy Falls advances to the state semis after beating the Tigers today 28-21 in the Region III 5A Div. II final.
Cy Falls scored the winning TD with 3 minutes remaining but Katy followed with a drive to the CF 6 yard line. Katy's attempt on 4th and 6 fell incomplete to send Cy Falls to state.

LaMarque crushed Texas City today to take the Region III crown in 4A Div II. LaMarque advances to the state semis...

4A Div I state semi's, Alamo Heights 42 Lamar Cons. 14.

So that leaves LaMarque, Pearland, and Cy Falls as the three remaining GHA schools from 4A and 5A.

swtbound07
12-10-2006, 04:53 AM
Congrats to Pearland. Way to rep 24-5A and good luck at state (SA next week). Southlake Carroll, Allen, Austin Westlake and Pearland compete for the Div I 5A crown. A tough field to say the least.

Katy is done. Cy Falls advances to the state semis after beating the Tigers today 28-21 in the Region III 5A Div. II final.
Cy Falls scored the winning TD with 3 minutes remaining but Katy followed with a drive to the CF 6 yard line. Katy's attempt on 4th and 6 fell incomplete to send Cy Falls to state.

LaMarque crushed Texas City today to take the Region III crown in 4A Div II. LaMarque advances to the state semis...

4A Div I state semi's, Alamo Heights 42 Lamar Cons. 14.

So that leaves LaMarque, Pearland, and Cy Falls as the three remaining GHA schools from 4A and 5A.

Anybody who saw La Marque play today should have NO doubt that they are taking state. Amazing team....almost reminiscent of the 95-97 run. Texas City was crushed indeed. La Marque vs. Texas City is a HUGE rivalry down here...neighboring towns and all that.......It was crazy tonight. Great stuff by the Coogs.

YellerLotYeller
12-10-2006, 06:02 AM
Unreal finish to the Pearland game!!

StarStruck
12-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Anybody who saw La Marque play today should have NO doubt that they are taking state. Amazing team....almost reminiscent of the 95-97 run. Texas City was crushed indeed. La Marque vs. Texas City is a HUGE rivalry down here...neighboring towns and all that.......It was crazy tonight. Great stuff by the Coogs.

IMHO, at that level there is always doubt because strange things can and do happen. I was at the game, and LaMarque was awesome! They are definitely good enough and I hope they do win State.

TxAg
12-10-2006, 08:41 PM
does anyone know where La Marque plays next week

StarStruck
12-10-2006, 09:06 PM
does anyone know where La Marque plays next week

I read that it will be at 3:00 Saturday at Berry Center. It is the awesome stadium on Barker Cypress off HWY 290.

mexican_texan
12-10-2006, 09:09 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

...go LaMarque.....

TxAg
12-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Thank you buddy im there and that is a beautiful sight

mexican_texan
12-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Win state...avenge Westfield.....

TexanSam
12-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Damn, Klein Oak's miracle run ended. Poop...:(

southernmiss89
12-11-2006, 01:02 PM
i am so glad katy is gone --- go cy falls win state

aj.
12-11-2006, 09:12 PM
San Antonio has 4 teams playing for State. Who is playing whom?

http://www.chron.com/apps/sports/hs/fb/bracket/bracket_2006_fb_1_5A.html

mexican_texan
12-11-2006, 09:25 PM
San Antonio has 4 teams playing for State. Who is playing whom?
I hope they all lose....

TexanSam
12-11-2006, 09:39 PM
I hope they all lose....

Better than Dallas having 4 teams.

mexican_texan
12-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Better than Dallas having 4 teams.
I would hope they tie. NO winners.

Can you tell I'm a bit upset?

TexanSam
12-11-2006, 10:06 PM
I would hope they tie. NO winners.

Can you tell I'm a bit upset?

Westfield wins enough as it is. They can afford a loss here and there. Though, with the new high school opening in Spring ISD next year (I think it's called Dekaney or something like that) they may lose a bunch of their talent. Kind of like The Woodlands. With TW College Park opening up, The Woodlands probably won't be as dominant as they once were anymore. Suckers!

mexican_texan
12-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Westfield wins enough as it is. They can afford a loss here and there. Though, with the new high school opening in Spring ISD next year (I think it's called Dekaney or something like that) they may lose a bunch of their talent. Kind of like The Woodlands. With TW College Park opening up, The Woodlands probably won't be as dominant as they once were anymore. Suckers!
Dekany will only take sophmores and freshmen next year. By the time Dekany has a 5A football team...iono, I'll have kids.

aj.
12-15-2006, 07:32 AM
By the way, for anyone who follows it, Todd Dodge accepted the North Texas job yesterday. That could put an end to the Southlake Carroll dynasty .... I'm sure everyone in Euless and Colleyville are happy.

aj.
12-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Pearland lost to Westlake 35-32 today in the state semi's. Westlake will be the sacrificial lamb against SLC next weekend for the big 5A state championship.

In small 5A, Cy Falls is cruising against SA MacArthur late in the 4th. They will play the Cedar Hill - Garland winner for the state title.

In small 4A, LaMarque was shutting out Schertz Clemens last time I checked. They will meet Waco in the finals if they hold on.

StarStruck
12-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Pearland lost to Westlake 35-32 today in the state semi's. Westlake will be the sacrificial lamb against SLC next weekend for the big 5A state championship.

In small 5A, Cy Falls is crusing against SA MacArthur late in the 4th. Cedar Hill - Garland winner for the state title.

In small 4A, LaMarque was shutting out Schertz Clemens last time I checked. They will meet Waco in the finals if they hold on.

LaMarque's defense was awesome today, thank goodness. The 27-14 victory will take them to a matchup with Waco next Friday night in the Alamo Dome.

swtbound07
12-17-2006, 01:20 AM
Coogs Take State!!!! Coogs Take State!!!!....Next friday

aj.
12-17-2006, 10:43 AM
LaMarque's defense was awesome today, thank goodness. .

So was their opponent's. LaMarque only had 68 total yards of offense - none passing - only 4 first downs, none in the second half and still won by 13. Go figure. Opportunistic defense saved their day.

TxAg
12-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Is the La Marque game going to be on TV???? they have the state title game on TV every year but I did not see a listing for the La Marque game,just the Southlake game on Sat..

aj.
12-19-2006, 10:48 PM
The 5A games are the only ones going to be shown on TV (FSSW).

The LaMarque - Waco game is going to be streamed live on at&t "Blue Room" http://blueroom.att.com/sports/events/hsfootball.php

TxAg
12-19-2006, 10:58 PM
The 5A games are the only ones going to be shown on TV (FSSW).

The LaMarque - Waco game is going to be streamed live on at&t "Blue Room" http://blueroom.att.com/sports/events/hsfootball.php

Thank you very much man I do recall them showing the 4A games too but when played on a Sat. I saw the last La Marque state game of 03' on TV I even taped it. It might be because of the Friday programing.

Thank you very much for the update :)

swtbound07
12-23-2006, 03:07 AM
La Marque Cougars are your state champions!!!!!!!! 35-14!!! COOGS TOOK STATE! COOGS TOOK STATE!

dirty steve
12-23-2006, 02:38 PM
congrats to all winners. i went to pearland awhile back and was fortunate enough to see the comeback at rice stadium two weeks ago in person. it's refreshing to see them to do so well after struggling for so long.

not a fan of the USC-type unis though. the school's main color is maroon and it appears only on the helmet and in some thin striping around the numbers, i think.

aj.
12-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Cy Falls trailing Cedar Hill 37-10 iin the 3rd. Cedar Hill QB Will Cole is quite the athlete. Three really long TD runs. Rivals has him listed as a WR recruit - he's 5-10 170.. 40 something on the Top 100 list. He has several schools on his list - still not committed.

51-10 Cedar Hill late 3rd. Ouch. 51-17 final.

Rivals Top 100: http://www.texasprepxtra.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1542

Interesting preview to the Big 5A final between Westlake and SLC. They were talking about Westlake's past successes with their former coach Randy Rogers, and they brought up the '96 state final which happened to pit Drew Brees (Westlake) against Dominic Rhodes (Abiline Cooper) RB who we will see a lot of tomorrow with the Colts.

Cedar Hill has five D-I commits, three to Baylor, one to Rice and one to Nebraska. They have four others who have not committed. Rogers just said that Cole is being heavily recruited by Nebraska.

Cy Falls has three D-I commits, two to A&M and one to UTEP. Two others, Black (DE) and Welch (QB) haven't committed yet.

Westlake QB Nick Foles has committed to Arizona State.

StarStruck
12-23-2006, 07:58 PM
La Marque Cougars are your state champions!!!!!!!! 35-14!!! COOGS TOOK STATE! COOGS TOOK STATE!

It was an exciting game. It was quiet enough to hear a pin drop when Waco got the two quick touchdowns, especially the second one coming from a 98 yard run. But after LaMarque came back to tie, then the rest was pretty exciting. The 44 yard field goal was pretty exciting as well. After LaMarque went up 21-14, Waco began to make some costly errors in judgement and IMHO let the game get away from them although they could have probably kept it a bit more competitive.

StarStruck
12-23-2006, 09:43 PM
I am watching the SLC and AWL game now on FSN, and this game has to be a nailbiter for fans of both teams. It is a really good battle and now tied at 29/29 with 9:20 in the 4th.

mexican_texan
12-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Cy Fair blows. I saw them play against Westfield...by far the most inconsistent team I have ever seen, pro or otherwise. Happy to see them get blown out today.

DarkNinja
12-25-2006, 03:34 PM

Klein Forest Class of 94:snobord:

texanmojo
12-25-2006, 03:47 PM
My nephew Brandon plays for Mart, who just won the state 2A championship this week. Obviously not a big 5A school...but a nice accomplishment none the less.

imatexan
01-01-2007, 09:13 PM
It was a great season for Cy-Falls! im proud to go there!

carter08
01-02-2007, 12:38 AM
Go Columbia
Go Pearland

mexican_texan
01-02-2007, 01:10 AM
It was a great season for Cy-Falls! im proud to go there!
I was there when my Mustangs beat them

carter08
01-07-2007, 11:21 AM
3a > 5a

:)

Showtime100
01-07-2007, 11:09 PM
I've got a question for anyone who might know. I graduated from Waltrip in '81 and the Statesman hasn't shown any results from "Houston Waltrip" in the last couple of years. Are they as bad as they were when I went there?

I played baseball there and was wondering about them as well. Thanks.