PDA

View Full Version : Secondary

joshri
07-31-2006, 09:31 PM
I think that the improved D-Line and pass rush willl help take some pressure off the secondary which sucked last year. One big question I have always had about the secondary of the Texans are the safeties. Can someone shed some light on the talent and upside of the major players at S like C.C. Brown, Glenn Earl, Ramon Walker, John Walker.

Thanks.....

powerfuldragon
07-31-2006, 09:34 PM
I think that the improved D-Line and pass rush willl help take some pressure off the secondary which sucked last year. One big question I have always had about the secondary of the Texans are the safeties. Can someone shed some light on the talent and upside of the major players at S like C.C. Brown, Glenn Earl, Ramon Walker, John Walker.

Thanks.....
you're in houston, but you support aussie football?

MorKnolle
07-31-2006, 09:35 PM
CC Brown has looked very good so far. His coverage skills have improved and he looks solid in run support, although that is a little hard to tell without full tackling. I've heard CC has been working very hard, and from the looks of it so far I'm lead to believe that. Earl has looked ok, but I haven't really noticed him much on most plays, which is generally a good thing for DBs. It seems as though he's the deep cover guy so he hasn't been involved in a whole lot of plays yet, but he's looked fairly solid. Ramon Walker has mainly played on the 3rd team and I don't see him making the team, I think Simmons and Michael Stone will probably be the backup safeties. John Walker has had a lot of rookie mistakes but he seems to be improving and learning well from Hoke, and he has pretty good size and athleticism. I think he could definitely make the active roster depending on whether they bring in any more vets, and if they do I think they'll at least keep him on practice squad.

joshri
07-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Yea,
Born and lived in Melbourne for my youth but moved to Houston from middle school to high school and than Dallas for university. Moved back to Houston to work for a hedge fund.
Anyway, I support all Texans, Astros, Rockets as American teams I like.

TexanFan881
07-31-2006, 09:43 PM
I think John Walker will be on the same plan as McKenzie was - practice squad for a year and then the roster the next. McKenzie has digressed very well and in a year I expect to see big things out of John. I think if we bring in another vet we will take advantage of the fact that he is eligable for the practice squad.

threetoedpete
07-31-2006, 09:46 PM
Kiwi's Rule.

Don't forget Stone. Isn't he in the mix now as well ?

TexanFan881
07-31-2006, 09:47 PM
Don't forget Stone. Isn't he in the mix now as well ?

Yup Kubes is in love with him. I'm sure he's in the mix but he's most likely backup behind the solid starters we have in Brown and Earl.

powerfuldragon
07-31-2006, 09:51 PM
Yea,
Born and lived in Melbourne for my youth but moved to Houston from middle school to high school and than Dallas for university. Moved back to Houston to work for a hedge fund.
cool, i was about to accuse you of being a poser who supported foreign teams because they think it makes them look cool. but you're legit.

mexican_texan
07-31-2006, 10:56 PM
We have a group of young corners and safeties, so drastic improvement wouldn't be completely unexpected. A lot of the stuff from last season seems a bit fuzzy, but IIRC, the corners played well in the last few games.

alphajoker
08-01-2006, 08:01 AM
Yea,

Welcome mate!

Meloy
08-01-2006, 01:14 PM
That Kiwi sail boat can really run!