PDA

View Full Version : Hee Hee Hee... (DL ranked 31st)

phan1
07-31-2006, 01:18 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5819844

I'm going to be so psyched once this DL starts terrorizing everyone in the NFL. Hopefully, training camp has told us our DL is damn good, not that our Oline is really, reallyl crappy. I can't wait til the season starts. :cool:

On a side note, I can't believe we don't get a night game this season! ARGH! I don't understand why, cause aren't we in the top 5 in the league as money-making is concerned. Even if we are projected to be a bad team, there is no way we are a ratings killer if we are 5th in money. Hey, even the 49ers get a night game. OK, someone at ESPN was not smart in giving us 2 ESPN night games last year, both of which were blowouts. But that doesn't mean you have to cut us off completely! We should have at least 1!

07-31-2006, 01:34 AM
yeah, weaver doesnt have a lof left in the tank.

what a tool... he's not even all that old.

TexanSam
07-31-2006, 01:42 AM
Ok, I could maybe understand why we are 31st if they actually gave us some info, but they don't. The Texans have the shortest write up of any team and they don't give you anything to base their ranking on. What a joke.

HJam72
07-31-2006, 03:05 AM
It's based on 2-14. No real thought put into it at all. That's how they evaluate everything and every detail is last year's record.

swtbound07
07-31-2006, 03:27 AM
okay, not to be OVERLY negative here, but they may have a point in that ranking

I submit the following

Mario Williams is a rookie. The learning curve from the ncaa to the nfl is huge. To expect him to contribute a great deal this year is VERY optimistic at best, and foolish at worst.

Anthony Weaver- If I understand correctly, he was a defensive end in baltimore that will now be playing defensive tackle. No matter how similar the position, it will take him some time to adjust, so THIS year he might not be very effective

Antwaan Peek/Jason Babin- Have both been bounced back and forth from position to position...putting them back on the end will take time to adjust

Travis Johnson- While i feel as if he is overly critiqued on this board, he hasn't shown much at all, and to expect him to do anything much would be like expecting bennie joppru to become antonio gates

Seth Payne- A great defensive lineman, WHEN HEALTHY. Injury has to be a concern with this guy

Overall line cohesiveness. These guys haven't played these positions together as a unit, so they wont be able to do some of the things a stroud/henderson or peppers/buckner team can do. It takes time. Do i think we have the personel on the d-line in place? Yes, i think so. I just think this year they might struggle....maybe we shouldnt be ranked 31, but i can see us being very low.

phantom17
07-31-2006, 03:33 AM
It's OK! Let them rank the TEXANS low, then we'll prove them wrong! :hunter: :crutch: :superman: !

ocd
07-31-2006, 03:50 AM
31st?

31st?

that's BULLSH:T!!!

Corrosion
07-31-2006, 04:05 AM
If you think opposing Offensive coordinators view the Texans D-Line to be as poor as this guy .... I got news for you . Teams are going to have to account for each and every one , you cant double them all .... the Texans LB's and DB's should reap the rewards sewn by the DL .

TexansSeminole
07-31-2006, 04:31 AM
Why beleive any of the rankings these people put out?

bruski
07-31-2006, 04:39 AM
I think really all that matters is what our ranking is at the end of this season not at the start of this season.

The D and O line have not seen any action and on last years performance you really cannot expect to be above where we are now.

ocd
07-31-2006, 04:50 AM
hey broussardsaint,

Shouldn't you be out rebuilding your city? And 8 and 8 for you guys last year won't be bested this year or next...good pick with Reggie Bush and you still can't be better than mediocre.

:superman:

HJam72
07-31-2006, 04:53 AM
Actually, I don't think the rankings EVER matter.

TexansSeminole
07-31-2006, 04:56 AM
Actually, I don't think the rankings EVER matter.

It's like :poker: .

phantom17
07-31-2006, 04:57 AM
You were 2and14 last year thats why you don't get any respect. and you have went down hill instead of up. Just because you got Mary"o" doesn't mean you will have a good season. It might be better (couldn't get much worse) and remember you only improved a little on offense when you got Moulds.. other than that you are still the same team in the division as the Colts,Titans, and Jags. so you MIGHT have a little better record than l:redtowel: :) ast year but probably not much better....

Hey- Very annoying trolling AINT's fan, what's with all the name calling!!!??? Aren't you guys happy you got Reggina Bush (your part time player) you should thank us for giving her...him to you! Sheesh, really ungrateful! I think you have nothin' better to do but pick a fight here! PLEASE GO AWAY! :hunter: :chicken:

Corrosion
07-31-2006, 05:15 AM
Ehhh , the Aints fan is stuck in a division w/ Tampa Bay , Atlanta and Carolina ....All of which were .500 or better last season , Tough division . Dont think I'd be trolling those teams boards either if I was an Aints fan.
On the other hand , the Texans were the ONLY team out of 32 that had a worse record than the Aints ..... likely target to be picked on.

:shoot:

phantom17
07-31-2006, 05:20 AM
GO AWAY? not now.. i will stay here and try to annoy you as much as i can. I come here as a TEXAN fan but will defend my other team as well. Some of you Texan fans are so JEALOUS of LOUISIANA and the SAINTS it's just funny. Y'all have more post about Reggie(GOD) Bush than we do on our own board.. Y'all have more posts than you're own #1 pick.
Y'all have more posts than you're new coach.
Y'all ARE OBSESSED with REGGIE BUSH and wish he would fail so y'all can say y'all were right to pick MARY"o"

LOL! It's OK! I'm just tryin' to get your goat! You know your always welcome here to post yer view, pls fire away!

phantom17
07-31-2006, 05:27 AM
Hey, How did you know i had a Goat???

LOL! :spy: I hope you guys have a great year!

Corrosion
07-31-2006, 05:30 AM
Some of you Texan fans are so JEALOUS of LOUISIANA and the SAINTS it's just funny.

Jealous of Louisiana ? You must be joking ? .... Its a swamp . New Orleans is sinking into the gulf .... Mosquito's bigger than those here in Texas (Thats BIG) , Your stadium was flooded with ....Ewww whats that smell ? and has a leaky roof , not to mention your team has always been horrible . And ya gave a Running Back 54 million to split time w/ Duece . Yeah , we're jealous !:cool:

Wolf
07-31-2006, 06:10 AM
Well with over 800 hundred post that has something to do with Reggie(GOD) and the SAINTS alone... it seems like y'all are obsessed with them. JMO!!!

don't flatter yourself with the Saints mentioned.. it is just an extension of RB talk, started with USC and ended with Saints.. BTW someone pulled up some other boards on another thread..It isn't just us talking about Reggie

TK_Gamer
07-31-2006, 06:31 AM
Well with over 800 hundred post that has something to do with Reggie(GOD) and the SAINTS alone... it seems like y'all are obsessed with them. JMO!!!

actually since ota's we usually only talk about bush when you come in here and bring it up over and over , thats why we have so many posts, quit clogging up our board with that !

edit : and as for the (god)..yer gonna see how mortal he is after about the 3rd big hit from an nfl safety, ask brian westbrook. another part time , try to reach the edge speed back

yumyum
07-31-2006, 06:39 AM
You were 2and14 last year thats why you don't get any respect. and you have went down hill instead of up. Just because you got Mary"o" doesn't mean you will have a good season. It might be better (couldn't get much worse) and remember you only improved a little on offense when you got Moulds.. other than that you are still the same team in the division as the Colts,Titans, and Jags. so you MIGHT have a little better record than l:redtowel: :) ast year but probably not much better....

WoooooooooooW!!! You act as if the Saints did soooooooo much better than the Texans did. I am not a Reggie hater but i so think that the Saints should have picked someone to fill a need (AJ Hawk) instead of picking the BPA. You guys especially need some improvement in your LB core IMO. Reggie Bush was a good pick but it wasnt wat you guys needed. And sorry to say, the Saints are gonna do the same thing they do every year. They'll start off with one or two good wins and fessel out for the rest of the season. I know this because i live in louisiana and get to watch them play instead of the Texans but lucky for me, i have Direct Tv.

DenverBorn
07-31-2006, 07:04 AM
The Texans will be lucky not to be 32nd. NO improvement to the DB's and several new LBs playing a new scheme. P Buc as a starter. The only thing benefitting the defense this year is that maybe the offense is better so it won't be on the field as much

BigDTexansFan
07-31-2006, 07:07 AM

HOW DOES IT FEEL....to pay OVER $50 Million of a part-time RB, who will be sucking wind on sideline of a BIG game in 4th quarter (see 2006 Rose Bowl highlights). I sure hope the retread Cowboys offense (how pathetic does a team have to be to steal Parcells game plan..accounting for a 3 year record of 25-23....LMAO) you guys installed will help fact your QB has more questions than "Who wants to be a Millionaire" as do your RBs and WRs. :yahoo:

Coach C.
07-31-2006, 07:29 AM
BroussardSAint talk about whatever you want but for me if you will start putting Reggie(god) with a small G. Nothing offensive man, but that does not fly real well at least with me.

thunderkyss
07-31-2006, 07:33 AM
GO AWAY? not now.. i will stay here and try to annoy you as much as i can. I come here as a TEXAN fan but will defend my other team as well. Some of you Texan fans are so JEALOUS of LOUISIANA and the SAINTS it's just funny. Y'all have more post about Reggie(GOD) Bush than we do on our own board.. Y'all have more posts than you're own #1 pick.
Y'all ARE OBSESSED with REGGIE BUSH and wish he would fail so y'all can say y'all were right to pick MARY"o"

Sadly this is true about some of our members...... that they are jealous or something...... but a few of these reggie Bush threads have been started by Aint's fans....... hey, how'd yall get that nickname by the way??

TexansSeminole
07-31-2006, 07:42 AM
I like other teams fans on our site. Leave him alone.

Sadly this is true about some of our members...... that they are jealous or something...... but a few of these reggie Bush threads have been started by Aint's fans....... hey, how'd yall get that nickname by the way??

True, some people still on that Reggie Bush thing. Haven't seen you in awhile thunderkyss.

Stampede
07-31-2006, 07:48 AM
Aint's a 40 yr old got anything better to do than troll our mb and aggrivate our fans. Heres a suggestion...Why not take a trip down to your local Ace hardware store (You might even see John Madden there) Buy yourself some handy dandy Elmers glue and go help them repair the levies.

Marshall'sLaw
07-31-2006, 07:55 AM
I am a true texans fan. I do hope Bush fails not because I dont like the aints. I just dont want the front office to look like crap. We also get no love for the moves we made in the offseason. We did more than bring in E Moulds.

TexansSeminole
07-31-2006, 07:55 AM
Hmm!!! we got that name by not being any good for most of 40 years..But we stick with our team through out and NEVER try to worry about other teams problems.. and NEVER wish bad things about other players that we think our front office should have picked... ( if you all want to find a classy board. with no one trying to down or wish ill will against any player then check out SAINTSREPORT.COM It is so far from this site where most people are wanting others to fail so they'll look good... as i've said before this site has over 800 posts refering to Reggie Bush. and it's a Texans forum..?? Bush and the Saints Aren't even in the same conference. but so many post means some people are Jealous about Louisiana and the Saints...and i still don't see any posts about the Texans rivals such as manning and the Boys!!!!
I wish you'd quit throwing stats at us like that. We discuss everything on this forum. Do not hate us for following the league. Search for Mario Williams and Vince Young, I am sure you will find even more posts.

You are right about some people feeling the way you discribe, but it is few and you should not attack people on this forum like you are.

Further more, there should not be any more comparing of the two picks. You should stop wasting our time, and continue with the discussion the thread intends.

TexansSeminole
07-31-2006, 08:01 AM
I searched Mario and Vinces post and Reggie still has more then both combined... ON this TEXANS board....so there you have it...

Ok? That's fine.

Coach C.
07-31-2006, 08:04 AM
BSaint you are right, before the draft, I was sick with all the Reggie talk from fans that were quoting ESPN or watched him run all over some team like Fresno State or Oregon State. Literally it sickened me to the point that after awhile I stopped commenting on threads that disputed him. RB is what he is, you cant compare him to the greats because he is not, and anyone who compares him to Barry Sanders knows nothing about football. I think the kid will be a good back in this league. Like I have written before high end Tiki Barber and more likely Warrick Dunn. I have stated my situation with you and it seems you have respected that so I respect your opinion, but I would like to really see your analysis on Reggie before I really dispute you on his ins and outs. So if you could put up a link to were you seriously discussed him I would read it unbiased and reward you with non-attacking, intellectual conversation.

Marshall'sLaw
07-31-2006, 08:05 AM
They say the cards had the best off season. Why cause they sign one good player. The pass game will be much improved. Mike Flanagan Jep Putzier. Eric Moulds. AJ is healthy. Sam Cowart. Jameel Cook. Kalu is a veteran. Babin has put on some weight so he can go back to his original position of DE

Marshall'sLaw
07-31-2006, 08:06 AM
Reggie Bush is a bust

TexansSeminole
07-31-2006, 08:08 AM
Reggie Bush is a bust
Why would you say that, he has not played a down of NFL football yet.

Marshall'sLaw
07-31-2006, 08:10 AM
I was just messing with the saints fan I am sure he will be an excellent player

Coach C.
07-31-2006, 08:12 AM
Our DL ranked 31st seems about what I would expect from the national media. When they begin to change there tune, Texans' Fans enjoy knowing that your team is finally gathering respect.

Marshall'sLaw
07-31-2006, 08:13 AM
But the texans are getting no love in the rankings. I understand the record but these guys get paid to rank teams. They just look at the record and its easy. Let just rankem somewere around the bottom

TexansSeminole
07-31-2006, 08:13 AM
Our DL ranked 31st seems about what I would expect from the national media. When they begin to change there tune, Texans' Fans enjoy knowing that your team is finally gathering respect.
Yea, I actually enjoy it because we are the ultimate underdogs. We will be projected to lose most games that we play this year. This year is all about character; we will find our true leaders of the future this year.

P.S. I think its safe to say we are in the middle of the pack atleast in the DL department.

Marshall'sLaw
07-31-2006, 08:15 AM
We really have some depth at d line. The best we have ever had

Marshall'sLaw
07-31-2006, 08:16 AM
I agree We will prove them wrong. 15th or 16th is fair

the wonger need food
07-31-2006, 08:24 AM
The Texans have invested 3 first round draft picks and a lot of money in the DLine. I think we'll see pride kick in this season and send one of these guys to the pro bowl. Maybe two.

thunderkyss
07-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Hmm!!! we got that name by not being any good for most of 40 years..But we stick with our team through out and NEVER try to worry about other teams problems.. and NEVER wish bad things about other players that we think our front office should have picked... ( if you all want to find a classy board. with no one trying to down or wish ill will against any player then check out SAINTSREPORT.COM It is so far from this site where most people are wanting others to fail so they'll look good... as i've said before this site has over 800 posts refering to Reggie Bush. and it's a Texans forum..?? Bush and the Saints Aren't even in the same conference. but so many post means some people are Jealous about Louisiana and the Saints...and i still don't see any posts about the Texans rivals such as manning and the Boys!!!!

Do a search for thunderkyss....... I'm there too.... been there for a while now. & I think you're being a bit liberal with the "we" phrase.... I've defended the Texans and the Mario pick on the classy saintsreportsuperforum. I'm not downing the superforums it's a good forum.......

thunderkyss
07-31-2006, 09:12 AM
I like other teams fans on our site. Leave him alone.

True, some people still on that Reggie Bush thing. Haven't seen you in awhile thunderkyss.

yeah....... I'm preparing to say good bye to my XBOX........ so I'm having to go through and play all the games that I never played, or didn't finish.

I fiinished Prince of Persia Warrior Within, now I'm working on Halo...... the first one..... I had no idea that game was so addictive......... Then I've still got two splinter cell titles, and Hitman....... and PoP the Two thrones, and a bunch of starwars titles..........

man I've got a lot of work ahead of me......

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Why beleive any of the rankings these people put out?

Well he has the Titans at 10th. So I'm happy.

TexansSeminole
07-31-2006, 09:21 AM
Well he has the Titans at 10th. So I'm happy. How were they last year?

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-31-2006, 09:32 AM
How were they last year?

Good. Vanden Bosch had 13 sacks and made the Pro Bowl. It was probably the brightest spot on our roster.

FILO_girl
07-31-2006, 12:41 PM

Texans fans know that the Aints are a NON issue. Texans fans don't mess with the pronunciation of Mario, don't care what Reggie is up to or think much of the state of Louisiana.

You aren't a Texans fan. Let that turd stay out in the backyard.

In summary: you are an obnoxious troll who has to cry for attention in all posts to the only things that could shed light on your POS team. Go home and lick Reggie's shoes, it should be about your turn.

I know Crackboy fans suck but this one is raising the bar for the Aints.

CajunTexan
07-31-2006, 01:20 PM
Hey, How did you know i had a Goat???

Because everyone in South Louisiana has a goat, or a sheep!:shades:

Vinny
07-31-2006, 07:00 PM
BroussardSaint, if you are going to troll...troll on-topic. I don't mind you pulling a thread or two into the swamp with your Saints but let us bask in our 31st ranking and keep the Saints and Bush to the NFL forum please. Say hi to Andrus for me.

flylikeaneagle
07-31-2006, 07:08 PM
It's based on 2-14. No real thought put into it at all. That's how they evaluate everything and every detail is last year's record.

It is only a prediction ranking and that is it. Do not worry too much about it. My Eagles stunk it up last year on D because of injuries and our record was terrible.... they ranked us 6th.

Marshall'sLaw
08-01-2006, 01:15 AM
Because everyone in South Louisiana has a goat, or a sheep!:shades:

I live in Texas and I have four goats and one donkey.:mario: Is super.

JAXwithanX
08-01-2006, 01:41 AM
i'd be amped up about Bush too if i was him too. seriously....what else do you possibly have to be excited for in Louisiana? i mean anything that your not still draining water out of?

TexansSeminole
08-01-2006, 02:08 AM
i'd be amped up about Bush too if i was him too. seriously....what else do you possibly have to be excited for in Louisiana? i mean anything that your not still draining water out of?
Don't use Katrina as a tool for making fun of someone.

bruski
08-01-2006, 02:41 AM
Edit myself.....off topic.....

:stirpot:

touttail
08-01-2006, 05:23 AM
31. Houston

The Texans could be much higher if Mario Williams makes an instant impact. Last year's first-round pick, tackle Travis Johnson, didn't do much of anything as a rookie. Veterans Anthony Weaver, Robaire Smith and Seth Payne don't have much left in the tank.

Someone needs to pass this on to the players mentioned in bold. This would get me PO'd and put a fire under my butt if I were them!!! If someone told me that I was a has been, I would show them.

Bobby 119C:hunter: