PDA

View Full Version : Austin Texans fans....

rockabilly
07-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Tonight on CBS...we are getting some TEXANS coverage here in Austin on the sports extra right after the news!!!

Just a heads up to the austin area folks.

Stampede
07-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Nice. We would love to hear from you on what is said. Also, there have been threads on this message board concerning nick names for the defence. I was watching the news on nbc tonight and they were talking with Robaire Smith who said they already gave a nickname to themselves. I believe he said it was "The Rock" Anyone else see that segement?

Wolf
07-30-2006, 08:38 PM
only nickname I liked that someone mentioned for our offense (haven't heard any from the defense yet I am not sure about nicknames until we prove ourselves) is the Gulf Coast Offense.. I hope Kubiak puts his spin on the offense and we make a name for ourselves here

Bullpen Drew
07-30-2006, 09:21 PM
About friggin time!!

Where are the watch parties going to be for the Austinites?

Bullpen Drew
07-30-2006, 09:44 PM
I emailed the sports director at KEYE to please have more Texans coverage...

Sick of Cowboys coverage!

Wolf
07-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Is Robert Jones (ex-cowboy LB) (and if memory serves me) going to do the preseason games again.. I remember seeing him on TV for the texans doing interviews at one point.. was tough to watch him talk pregame and stuff

thegr8fan
07-30-2006, 10:08 PM
thanks for the heads up rockabilly, will watch it for sure.

rockabilly
07-30-2006, 10:49 PM
i thought it was gonna be more than that the way they advertised it. eh. better 5-10 minutes than nothing....

thegr8fan
07-30-2006, 11:05 PM
yep, better than nothing. Nice live action shots to watch. a few interviews of no value whatsoever.

got to see some training camp video though, so two thumbs up.

Hookem Horns
07-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Did they manage to get some Texans stuff in between Titans training camp news?

Speaking of this, in HEB today here in Austin I saw a Vince Young Titans display by the front door where a "lucky" customer will win a trip to a "Vince Young pro game" as they call it. Geez, bring back the Cowboys stuff.

BigDTexansFan
07-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Did they manage to get some Texans stuff in between Titans training camp news?

Speaking of this, in HEB today here in Austin I saw a Vince Young Titans display by the front door where a "lucky" customer will win a trip to a "Vince Young pro game" as they call it. Geez, bring back the Cowboys stuff.

AFTER next year you may be wishing for Vince Young/Titans display, as I understand it America's Most Wanted (oops meant to say Dallas Cowboys) are returning to San Antonio in 2007.

thegr8fan
07-31-2006, 12:01 AM
no titans coverage at all actually. about 5 minutes of Texans to open, followed by 5 minutes of Cowboys camp. then Longhorns info. Back to Texans camp for a wr the Texans have that is an ex-Longhorn player, but didn't recognize the name actually.

ended with some Longhorn's stuff.

not a bad show overall. Serious lack of an actual informed interviewer, but better than nothing.

BigWig
07-31-2006, 08:15 AM
If you dont have the NFL Network, y'all need to get it. Its has everything you need during the off season and even more good stuff during regular season.
I am loving the fact that they are advertising here on the radio and in the papere to girls fans by saying " If you want to follow the Cowboys all season tell Time Warner you want the NFL Network"!

nunusguy
07-31-2006, 08:22 AM
Here in Houston we have TW cable, which has not picked up the NFL Network
option and from what I hear doesn't intend to do so in the near future. I'm all
over it if TW gives me the option !
What do you have in Austin, or are you using dish-sat equipment ?

HOOK'EM
07-31-2006, 09:48 AM
Up here in Austin just yesterday I was at walmart looking to see if there was any Texans gear. All I saw was a few Cowpies shirts, several Vince Young Titan jersey's, and some shirts with VY on the front in his Titan uniform. So naturally I went with a new Budweiser shirt.

HOOK'EM
07-31-2006, 09:50 AM
I still haven't been by Academy yet!