PDA

View Full Version : Almost afraid to ask....

NewWorldOdor
07-30-2006, 05:14 PM
As you may or may not know my beloved Cleveland Browns lost our much heralded FA aquisiton center LeCharles Bentley :crying: on the very first play of 11 on 11 drills this past week and the management has been scambling to get some centers into camp to compete.

We recently brought in Todd Washington and wanted to get an idea of what you thought of him. The Texans, like the Browns, have had mucho O-line woes in recent years and so I can't think that a cast-off FA is worth much but perhaps I'm mistaken.

What can we expect from center Todd Washington?

Good luck this year.

threetoedpete
07-30-2006, 05:42 PM
He's a very good stop gap, cap freindly guy. Is he going to the probowl...nope.
Considering your situation...coulda done worse. I was a little shocked when they cut him. Tough break Brownie.

mexican_texan
07-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Now that you mention the Browns, I became an instant fan after watching Reuben Droughns and Braylon Edwards do their magic.

Bentley's backup will start unless there is a trade. Todd Washington is purely depth.

CloakNNNdagger
07-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Washington should allow some semblance of "security" and depth in the versatility he'll afford the Browns........Center and Guard.

Hervoyel
07-30-2006, 08:56 PM
I thought the Texans looked better with Washington at center than they did when McKinney was in there. He at least didn't get blown up every single down. He's got feet of stone but he's solid. Like 3TP said he isn't going to the Pro Bowl without a ticket but he can play. I'd bet he's no worse than the guy who started for you last season. I wouldn't make a lot out of the Texans cutting him. They cut or just didn't re-sign a lot of linemen who didn't fit the system but that doesn't mean they were all lousy players. Washington is not a lousy player. He's a very average player but he'll get it done until you guys get your free agent back. At the very least he's quality depth.

TexansSeminole
07-30-2006, 09:10 PM
He will be average, you will not notice his play very often.

MorKnolle
07-30-2006, 09:51 PM
He will be average, you will not notice his play very often.

I probably agree with this post the most of any of them, Todd Washington is a serviceable backup and should be ok, but it would definitely be good for your team if you can find someone better, especially with guys like Casey Hampton, Haloti Ngata, etc. that he will be facing all throughout the year. He isn't especially strong and he's relatively small, so he's a decent fit for a ZBS, but I don't think he's suited for a power running game at all and is only average at pass blocking.