PDA

View Full Version : Available Cornerbacks...

AFD1717
07-30-2006, 11:05 AM
We needed to add depth at CB before Petey got hurt. Even after signing McCleon, we still need a guy who can play quality minutes. Does anyone have any ideas on who we might workout or who is even available?

texan279
07-30-2006, 11:10 AM
We needed to add depth at CB before Petey got hurt. Even after signing McCleon, we still need a guy who can play quality minutes. Does anyone have any ideas on who we might workout or who is even available?

As of right now, available DB's are very slim pickens...

texanfan2100
07-30-2006, 11:25 AM

You have to wait until teams start cutting players toward the end of camp. That's when all the real NFL players will be available. Any player worth anything is in an NFL camp already. Remember, each team has around eighty players in camp.

Lucky
07-30-2006, 11:36 AM
...Does anyone have any ideas on who we might workout or who is even available?
I think the Texans stand pat right now. Remember, the Texans have the first claim for players placed on waivers. So if a team releases a young corner with potential, the Texans would be in position to nab him. Right now, older vets like Dale Carter, Willie Williams, and Dewayne Washington are all that's left on the market.

mancunian
07-30-2006, 12:28 PM
I think the Texans stand pat right now. Remember, the Texans have the first claim for players placed on waivers. So if a team releases a young corner with potential, the Texans wold be in position to nab him. Right now, older vets like Dale Carter, Willie Williams, and Dewayne Washington are all that's left on the market.

washington had a season at the Jags - and he was awful.

wolf123
07-30-2006, 12:47 PM
I was listening to McClain on 610 on Friday before Faggins was hurt and he mentioned possible interest in trading for Tory James from the Bengals for a conditional 2nd to 4th pick, based on playing time. I don't really know how much reality there was in the notion, but I thought it would be interesting to discuss. I personally believe losing anything higher than a fourth for a vet who is possibly losing his starting position to a rookie, Jonathan Joseph, would be a waste, but a 4th I could live with. Your thoughts?

TexanFan881
07-30-2006, 12:52 PM
I was listening to McClain on 610 on Friday before Faggins was hurt and he mentioned possible interest in trading for Tory James from the Bengals for a conditional 2nd to 4th pick, based on playing time. I don't really know how much reality there was in the notion, but I thought it would be interesting to discuss. I personally believe losing anything higher than a fourth for a vet who is possibly losing his starting position to a rookie, Jonathan Joseph, would be a waste, but a 4th I could live with. Your thoughts?

I'd be jumping up and down for joy! Tory James has been very solid the last few years and I would be suprised if he didn't put a lot of pressure on P-Buc for the starting possition. I wouldn't want to give up too much though since he is getting old. He could be a solid #2 or #3 the next couple years for us and he would greatly improve our situation at CB.

NoBullTexan
07-30-2006, 12:58 PM
If there were any doubys about where to go for our first round draft pick next year, I think this CB thing pretty well nails it. AND CB is a pretty deep position, it looks like, next year.

Napa Auto Parts
07-30-2006, 01:42 PM
We got P Buch to hold the fort down we are lucky we have a such a great talent in him. thanks to phillip we won our 1st game last year.:lightbulb:

Coach C.
07-30-2006, 02:29 PM
Dont look for us to make a big splash for a corner. We have some interest in some guys, and have had some guys in for workouts, but we will likely not sign to many other guys unless injuries make us. We have some undrafted guys that are very intriguing right now and we will see after cuts if there is a guy worth going after later.

BigDTexansFan
07-30-2006, 05:56 PM
If there were any doubys about where to go for our first round draft pick next year, I think this CB thing pretty well nails it. AND CB is a pretty deep position, it looks like, next year.

I don't see us taking a CB with #1 pick, unless he is just such a monster would be crazy to not take him. I think we need to look at trading down and getting a couple of extra picks, I don't think we have any picks missing in 2007 AS YET.