PDA

View Full Version : Derick Armstrong notes

TexanSam
07-30-2006, 12:50 AM
Not from me but from John McClain's blog. This is what he wrote about Armstrong:

At this time last year, Armstrong was getting all kinds of attention. Now he seems like a forgotten man.

I think Armstrong could be a good reciever in this league. He has hands of glue. I hope he makes the team, but if he's a forgotten man, it may be a long shot.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/07/injury_woes_hit_texans_camp.html

TexanFan881
07-30-2006, 01:17 AM
When the unofficial depth chart came out and Jake Shifino and Derrick Lewis were both ahead of him I am worried he is in danger of missing the team. It sounded like he played well today though and I'm sure he won't be forgotten for long.

thegr8fan
07-30-2006, 01:22 AM
well it is more of a couple of lines about Armstrong, but still good to read how he is doing.

since I am usually hitting McLame about the head and shoulders for his poor articles I want to take this opportunity to say that THIS one is pretty good actually.

well, alot better than most of his past ones anyway, IMHO.

TexanSam
07-30-2006, 01:33 AM
well it is more of a couple of lines about Armstrong, but still good to read how he is doing.

since I am usually hitting McLame about the head and shoulders for his poor articles I want to take this opportunity to say that THIS one is pretty good actually.

well, alot better than most of his past ones anyway, IMHO.

Well I think his blogs are more informative than his articles thus far. This is from his blog.

MorKnolle
07-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Not from me but from John McClain's blog. This is what he wrote about Armstrong:

I think Armstrong could be a good reciever in this league. He has hands of glue. I hope he makes the team, but if he's a forgotten man, it may be a long shot.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/07/injury_woes_hit_texans_camp.html

Armstrong catches anything thrown his way, his main problem is he has very little speed and quickness so he can't create any separation from defenders, either before or after the catch. It will be interesting to see if he ends up making the team, but I rarely noticed him on the field during the last three days.

tsip
07-30-2006, 11:00 PM
Armstrong catches anything thrown his way, his main problem is he has very little speed and quickness so he can't create any separation from defenders, either before or after the catch. It will be interesting to see if he ends up making the team, but I rarely noticed him on the field during the last three days.

I think another problem he has that was mentioned last year was 'poor' route running--separation (sooner than later) and pre-cise route running are 2 requirements in K's system...Too, your point about 'rarely noticed' is well taken and indicates to me that between previous film and camps, Kubiak has already determined which players are going to get the most reps in TC/PS that will help them learn the system ASAP.

MorKnolle
07-30-2006, 11:46 PM
I think another problem he has that was mentioned last year was 'poor' route running--separation (sooner than later) and pre-cise route running are 2 requirements in K's system...Too, your point about 'rarely noticed' is well taken and indicates to me that between previous film and camps, Kubiak has already determined which players are going to get the most reps in TC/PS that will help them learn the system ASAP.

I think he actually runs routes fairly crisply, he just isn't fast/quick enough to get away from most defenders. He seems to be a pretty cerebral player as well that pays close attention to details to make himself better, unfortunate that he's not much of an athlete because he seems like the kind of player you'd love to have on your team (similar to Troy Evans), and he has great hands.

Brandon420tx
07-31-2006, 01:14 PM
He could possibly make another team where they are hurting for a WR. All he has to do is WOW them with his hands.

El Tejano
07-31-2006, 03:11 PM
Or you could include him in the trade for Bennett.