PDA

View Full Version : depth charts?

johndoe
07-28-2006, 02:19 AM
were the heck are the friggin depth charts. thay are way overdue. can anyone tell me what the problem is

phantom17
07-28-2006, 02:23 AM
It's still under construction! Please be patient:) :superman: .

johndoe
07-28-2006, 02:25 AM
my bad, do u have any idea as to when thay will be released?:drool:

YellerLotYeller
07-28-2006, 02:44 AM
It's still under construction! Please be patient:) :superman: .

I cant handle the suspense.:hairpull:

Sco-tai
07-28-2006, 09:32 AM
This is annoying...for weeks it said "Eve of training camp".

And now that it has begun it says "Check back soon".

:brickwall

Patience is a virtue...but so should being prepared.

:hides:

Bearfan Blue and Orange
07-28-2006, 10:00 AM
I agree, but that must mean that there are som switches they are considering and want to be sensitive about publishing anything before talking to the players.

You want to create healthy competition with unity as a team. if they just throw something out there, I would think the surprises may be just that to some players and "upset" them and stroke the ego of others.

I know what everyone is going to say now... It is just a preliminary depth chart and we know it is going to continually change until the final 53 man roster and then only change because of injuries (or really sucky playing).

I agree they should put something out there.

El Tejano
07-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Kubiak is figuring out what the depth chart is looking like himself.

TEXANRED
07-28-2006, 10:41 AM
They showed them on 13 last night.

If I remember correctly

Your basics

Carr
AJ, Moulds
Putzier and Bruner are supposed to be Kneck and Knceck
Wand then Spencer, Pitts, Flanigan,Mckinney,Wiegart then Winston
DD and then Smith

The whole D line looked up in the air, with Williams, Smith looking like the only solid starters. I did notice Johnson wasen't even listed.
Cowart was starting MLB and Ryans was listed as third
Robinson and Faggins start with Pbuc as the Nickle
Earl and Brown are starting

I dont remember who are our starting OLB are.

Hope this helps a little.

real
07-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Carr/Rossesuch
Davis/Smith
Johnson/Moulds/Walters/(Arena leauge guy)
Putz/Bruener/Daniels

D Line: Williams/Weaver/Payne/Babin...with peek coming in on passing downs...

Linebacker: Greenwood/Cowart/Orr...But they said that Ryans will probably be starting by the first game...

TEXANRED
07-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Carr/Rossesuch
Davis/Smith
Johnson/Moulds/Walters/(Arena leauge guy)
Putz/Bruener/Daniels

D Line: Williams/Weaver/Payne/Babin...with peek coming in on passing downs...

Linebacker: Greenwood/Cowart/Orr...But they said that Ryans will probably be starting by the first game...
Did you notice the starting MLB was between Wong and Cowart? I thought Wong was hurt until the middle of the season?

real
07-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Did you notice the starting MLB was between Wong and Cowart? I thought Wong was hurt until the middle of the season?

Yep thay had Cowart/Wong/DeMeco...But they also said that DeMeco will be the likely starter....Cowart is old and slow...Wong is coming off injury...Don't worry I have no Doubt DeMeco will be the starter...

I also noticed that the had Lewis(think thats his name) as our fourth reciever...there was no mention of Armstrong at all...Honestly I don't think we need Armstrong at this point...

powerfuldragon
07-28-2006, 10:54 AM
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showpost.php?p=390929&postcount=39
Depth chart as listed on the program:
QB
1) David Carr
2) Sage Rosenfels

RB
1) Domanick Davis
2) Antowain Smith

FB
1) Jameel Cook

WR
1) Andre Johnson
2) Eric Moulds
3) Kevin Walter
4) Derrick Lewis

TE
1) Jeb Putzier
2) Mark Bruener
3) Bennie Joppru
4) Matt Murphy* - he is no longer on the roster, an error on their part.

LT
1) Seth Wand
2) Charles Spencer

LG
1) Chester Pitts

C
1) Mike Flanagan

RG
1) Steve McKinney

RT
1) Zach Wiegert
2) Eric Winston

DE
1) Mario Williams
2) Jason Babin
3) Antwan Peek

DT
1) Anthony Weaver
2) Seth Payne
3) Robaire Smith

OLB
1) Shantee Orr
2) Morlon Greenwood

MLB
1) Sam Cowart
2) Kailee Wong
3) Demeco Ryans

CB
1) Dunta Robinson
2) Demarcus Faggins
3) Philip Buchanon

S
1) Glen Earl
2) CC Brown
3) Michael Stone
4) Jason Simmons
MorKnolle posted it in the thread about the abc show.

Brandon420tx
07-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Its always good to hear from Nick.

YoungTexanFan
07-28-2006, 11:16 AM
Nick, you always go so long between your posts. Sometimes I forget your position. Thanks for the update though.

aj.
07-28-2006, 11:54 AM
What fans saw two-deep on defense at practice this morning was: (disclaimer - remember this is a fluid situation and take this fwiw - remember this is two-a days on the first day of camp and this is far from etched into stone - there were exceptions/rotations etc., so take it all with a grain, but this is what I saw most of the time)

First team:
Mario - Robiare - Weaver - Babin (Mario and Babin flip flop when the Texans line up strong left - which they do every once in a while. The tackles also flip flop at times)

Orr - Cowart - Greenwood

Dunta - Petey

Earl - CC

Second team:

Kalu - TJ - Payne - Peek

Anderson - Rainer - Ryans

Sanders -- P Buc

Stone -- Simmons

Things supposedly are different in the second sessions. I heard that DeMeco gets plenty of reps in the middle. We just didn't see it this morning.

Runner
07-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks. Robaire over Payne is interesting. Mildly interesting given your caveats. I was also waiting to see just how much Kubiak liked Stone at safety.

the wonger need food
07-28-2006, 12:00 PM
What fans saw two-deep on defense at practice this morning was: (disclaimer - remember this is a fluid situation and take this fwiw - remember this is two-a days on the first day of camp and this is far from etched into stone - there were exceptions/rotations etc., so take it all with a grain, but this is what I saw most of the time)

First team:
Mario - Robiare - Weaver - Babin (Mario and Babin flip flop when the Texans line up strong left - which they do every once in a while. The tackles also flip flop at times)

Orr - Cowart - Greenwood

Dunta - Petey

Earl - CC

Second team:

Kalu - TJ - Payne - Peek

Anderson - Rainer - Ryans

Sanders -- P Buc

Stone -- Simmons

Things supposedly are different in the second sessions. I heard that DeMeco gets plenty of reps in the middle. We just didn't see it this morning.

Out of all the linebackers, I was most impressed by Orr today.

Ryans was somewhat impressive also. He had better technique and speed than most of the veterans.

aj.
07-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Robaire, Weaver, and Payne are clearly the top three DTs. Weaver can also play head-on or outside OT techniques if they need him to.

TexanFan881
07-28-2006, 12:46 PM
I'll tell you what has really stuck out with that depth chart. Derrick Lewis at #4 WR. I thought it would be tough for him to make the team considering how solid we are at WR. I'm really impressed with him being the #4, but I know it could easily change.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
07-28-2006, 12:54 PM
I'll tell you what has really stuck out with that depth chart. Derrick Lewis at #4 WR. I thought it would be tough for him to make the team considering how solid we are at WR. I'm really impressed with him being the #4, but I know it could easily change.

I am guessing Lewis is in there because of WR/KR assignment as Mathis is out.

Bartkoman
07-28-2006, 12:55 PM

That surprised me too. I thought for sure that Armstrong would be the nuimber 4 guy. He always seemed to have great hands. I wonder if he has fallen out of favor with the coaching staff? :spy:

the wonger need food
07-28-2006, 12:59 PM

I wouldn't pay much attention to ABC 13's depth chart. They have Matt Murphy listed as the 4th TE. Matt Murphy.

Texans34Life
07-28-2006, 04:50 PM
I know rblnick can't post the depth charts yet, but I thought I would grab from what Keith of HPF has setup as the depth chart. I broke it down:

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/scout/scout135.html

Going Deep

For the record, here are some of the operational depth charts as the Texans opened training camp.

OL from left to right -

1st Team - Wand, Pitts, Flanagan, McKinney, and Weigert
2nd Team - Spencer, Weary, Drew Hodgdon, Brad Bedell, and Eric Winston

Rest of the linemen subbed in, but the 3rd Team was Spencer, David Loverne, Chris Watton, Mike Bisiel, and Ephraim Salaam.

DL from left to right -

1st Team - Super Mario and Babin at ends, tackles Weaver and Payne.

Robaire Smith subbed for Payne into the first unit often. Second-year player Travis Johnson was decidedly fourth behind the top three tackles, followed by Alfred Malone. Antwan Peek and N.D. Kalu played mostly with the second unit, followed by reserves Earl Cochran, Jeff Charleston, and Devarick Scandrett.

LB -

1st Team - Cowart at MLB, Shantee Orr at strongside, Greenwood at weakside

Orr is likely holding the space while Kailee Wong recovers.

2nd Team - Wali Rainer at MLB, Charlie Anderson at strongside, DeMeco Ryans at weakside

Rainer was particularly entertaining to watch. With his jersey tied up to reveal his toned midsection -- a look only Corey Bradford would have loved -- Rainer showed off some surprising range and a pair of soft hands in pass coverage drills. And Ryans, who likely will see more reps in the middle during the second of the two-a-day workouts, displayed his agility and some quick, explosive hands.

CB -

1st Team - DB and Faggins, P-Burnt operating nickel

Right now, Lewis Sanders has the edge on Chris McKenzie for the fourth corner, but consider that to be a good battle to watch as camp progresses. At safety, C.C. Brown and Glenn Earl led the way, followed by the pairing of Michael Stone and Jason Simmons.

WR -

1st Team - AJ, Moulds, Walter

Playing behind them were Derrick Lewis and Jake Schifino. What, no love for Derick Armstrong? He played, but he must not be favored by the new staff.

Oh, and this just in: rookie David Anderson is short (5’9”). He, along with Donovan Morgan and Richie Ross played with the third unit. Jerome Mathis was on crutches, as he is likely to start the season on the physically unable to perform list, and Kendrick Starling was still hobbled by an injury he suffered while playing in NFL Europe earlier this offseason.

Thanks for the link, Runner.

nunusguy
07-31-2006, 04:27 PM
Texans website finally made an entry on their DC, but only with the
following message: "Check back soon for the Texans' 2006 depth chart."
Atleast they haven't forgot about it, and hopefully will give us the teams
official DC soon.

MorKnolle
07-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Texans website finally made an entry on their DC, but only with the
following message: "Check back soon for the Texans' 2006 depth chart."
Atleast they haven't forgot about it, and hopefully will give us the teams
official DC soon.

I heard Kubes doesn't want to release one until after several days of practice so they can figure things out amongst themselves rather than spewing out a premature and inaccurate chart like that Texans TV preview had.

Marshall'sLaw
08-01-2006, 01:22 AM
I agree, but that must mean that there are som switches they are considering and want to be sensitive about publishing anything before talking to the players.

You want to create healthy competition with unity as a team. if they just throw something out there, I would think the surprises may be just that to some players and "upset" them and stroke the ego of others.

I know what everyone is going to say now... It is just a preliminary depth chart and we know it is going to continually change until the final 53 man roster and then only change because of injuries (or really sucky playing).

I agree they should put something out there.

OK, I honestly dont think that the players are going home and logging on to houstontexans.com to check the depth charts. If you say the depth chart will be out the eve of training camp it should be. This is the 4th day already. :tease:

Coach C.
08-01-2006, 07:23 AM
Kubiak never said it would be out the eve of training day. That is not how he works, Sorry. He will evaluate players and then put out a tentative depth chart when he is ready.