Anyone but the Ravens, Colts, or Jags.

mexican_texan
07-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Anyone but the Ravens, Colts, or Jags.
Be prepared to be dissapointed...

TwinSisters
08-07-2006, 01:43 AM
this is still not resolved...

I saw that he wants to go play for Detroit.

Since Matt Millen is an old Raiders' fella... maybe that will be the one thing that can make a deal for the crazy money paid out to Porter. Detroit ships Williams/Rogers to Oakland for Porter.

----

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060727/SPORTS01/607270352/-1/BUSINESS07

Rogers and Williams will be competing with Roy Williams, Corey Bradford, Mike Furrey, Scottie Vines, Glenn Martinez and Eddie Drummond. And not just for playing time. For roster spots.

Millen insisted the Lions could cut Rogers or Williams, regardless of draft status, financial commitment or salary-cap implications.

"I think we would be willing to cut anybody," Millen said. "I think we just have to be. There's realities of where we're at, but ... everybody has a chance to define what they are. Here we go."
---

Millen would do it. Davis might... not.

Hervoyel
08-07-2006, 08:17 AM
I could really see the Jaguars stepping up to get him. I would not be too terribly concerned if that happened. Leftwich to Porter doesn't scare me any more than Leftwich to Smith did. Less actually.

rmartin65
08-07-2006, 08:37 AM
He is a pretty good reciever. The Raiders have a pretty good QB, i wonder why Porter does not want to stay.

TFL
08-07-2006, 09:07 AM
He is a pretty good reciever. The Raiders have a pretty good QB, i wonder why Porter does not want to stay.

Hates the head coach.

TwinSisters
08-07-2006, 12:50 PM

From what Porter said: He was going to work out on his own in Florida or with some other trainers. Art Shell and Fred Bletnikoff dressed him down in the office about it. ( almost like Smith and Travis Johnson )

Porter just didn't like they way they handled it, so went out on his own.

I wonder if Porter is one of those "U" people... nope, West Virginia. Who knows?? or go figure.