PDA

View Full Version : training camp time!!

Ryan
07-26-2006, 01:49 PM
so now its officially my return now.......i am happy to be back, i hope the texans can get the ball rolling this year. Even though i dont expect them to win the SB, i hope at least for a solid rebuilding year. 6-10 would bea huge improvement for this team and that is my expectations this year. It took me a few months to get over the draft, but now i am ready to pull for mario williams!!!! LETS GO TEXANS!!!

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Texans: 5-11
Titans: 6-10

TexanSam
07-26-2006, 01:53 PM

No no, you got that wrong. Texans 7-9. Titan 5-11. Two of those seven wins will be against the Titans. :)

HOU-TEX
07-26-2006, 01:57 PM

Texans 8-8
titans 4-12

powerfuldragon
07-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Still no depth charts. :crying:

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-26-2006, 02:00 PM
It's funny that we are arguing who will be worse, not better. Oh aren't we tired of having lousy records.

Bartkoman
07-26-2006, 02:03 PM

Thats quite a :homer: prediction. The :homer: in me says Texan 8-8 Titans 5-11, but realistically its more like Texans 6-10, Titans 4-12

Bartkoman
07-26-2006, 02:06 PM
It's funny that we are arguing who will be worse, not better. Oh aren't we tired of having lousy records.

Yeah, just when the Oilers finally got good, they moved to Tennessee and went to the Superbowl shortly thereafter..... If only they were still the Oilers (but I am glad Bud left)

HOU-TEX
07-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah, just when the Oilers finally got good, they moved to Tennessee and went to the Superbowl shortly thereafter..... If only they were still the Oilers (but I am glad Bud left)

We now have the TEXANS. A much better organization, much nicer facilities now and darn sure a better owner.:yahoo:

johndoe
07-26-2006, 02:46 PM
when do the depth charts come out? i thought they were being released on the eve of training camp which is today

powerfuldragon
07-26-2006, 04:21 PM
my initial prediction for the texans' season was 6 - 10 and i'm sticking to it.

when do the depth charts come out? i thought they were being released on the eve of training camp which is today
I thought that too...

Rosewood
07-26-2006, 04:27 PM
so now its officially my return now.......i am happy to be back, i hope the texans can get the ball rolling this year. Even though i dont expect them to win the SB, i hope at least for a solid rebuilding year. 6-10 would bea huge improvement for this team and that is my expectations this year. It took me a few months to get over the draft, but now i am ready to pull for mario williams!!!! LETS GO TEXANS!!!

by being prob. the newest member, I'll go all the way and say 16-0........its a long shot but one is suppose to think big...but seriously, I really think they will make the playoffs this year

powerfuldragon
07-26-2006, 04:29 PM
by being prob. the newest member, I'll go all the way and say 16-0........its a long shot but one is suppose to think big...but seriously, I really think they will make the playoffs this year

my glass is half full, but even i have to tell you not to get your hopes up that high.

Rosewood
07-26-2006, 04:34 PM
my glass is half full, but even i have to tell you not to get your hopes up that high.

lol...thats they way I work..expect the best and you will get the best....lol

BigDTexansFan
07-26-2006, 05:22 PM

in words of Martin Lawrence..."you so crazy!!!"

here is what I expect Thumbtack fans to be doing after 2nd game :crying:

RTP2110
07-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Well the players report tomorrow. The depth chart will be released to the players before it will be released to the public. At least, i would think.

Ryan
07-26-2006, 05:35 PM

one can only dream

TEXANRED
07-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Thats quite a :homer: prediction. The :homer: in me says Texan 8-8 Titans 5-11, but realistically its more like Texans 6-10, Titans 4-12
Not as homerish as my 10-6 maybe 11-5 predictions.

M@DD Mike
07-26-2006, 05:48 PM
I just want our first win against the Colts this may be possible without the "Edge" in the backfield. Oh yeah, I really want us to win the Texas State Championship also. I would also like to see AJ return to the Probowl and D-Rob make his first appearance. That would make this fan happy.

Texanfan4ever
07-26-2006, 07:13 PM
"Before you can win, you have to believe you are worthy."
-Mike Ditka

Best quote I've seen lately! I think Kubiak has the guys believing just that. He will definitely be my hero if it works, when it works!

Texans 8-8

Cowboys are going down...

Brandon420tx
07-26-2006, 07:30 PM

See, this is really getting on my nerves.

You are wrong.

We are not arguing over whose record will be worse. We are saying our record will be better then yours because we'll be better, and you'll be worse.

See, Titan fans are under the dillusion that both teams will be bad, Texan fans are under the delusion that the Titans will be bad, and the Texans will be good.

Stop trying to spread your delusions! :)

:homer: ing you*

*(Hint, replace the o in homer with u mwahahaha, I'm creative)

WiiBrawler
07-26-2006, 08:28 PM

Maybe the oposite side around, 8-8 at best

SAMURAITEXAN
07-27-2006, 03:56 AM
Finally, TC time!! :yahoo: Man, this off season was the longest IMO.

Hutch13
07-27-2006, 04:41 AM
Man this off season has felt like ages! But TC is finally here:redtowel:

Runner
07-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Training camp is starting to gain momentum.

The players are checking into the hotel around noon today. Then they do some miscellaneous stuff and have a meeting in the late afternoon. I wonder if the official depth chart is discussed then? If so, I imagine after that meeting is the earliest we'll see it on the web. After dinner they will put in some plays. Friday morning they'll show us those plays.

It's about time!

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-27-2006, 08:42 AM

Haha someone reported this post i made and said "Stop trolling" and gave me bad rep. They didn't even sign their name. What a tool.

I was agreeing with the ORIGINAL POSTER!!!! He said 6-10 i said 5-11. Not that big of a difference.

If i came on here and was talking about the Titans going 10-6 and the Texans going 2-14 then yeah. But I agree both teams will improve and be about the same. SO SIGN YOUR NAME WHEN YOU GIVE ME BAD REP

powerfuldragon
07-27-2006, 08:44 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Titan "Tack" Fan again.

i tried to give you some positive to offset.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-27-2006, 08:45 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Titan "Tack" Fan again.

i tried to give you some positive to offset.

Thanks i appreciate it. I have over 10 negatives where people didn't put their names, most of them are just blank too.

powerfuldragon
07-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks i appreciate it. I have over 10 negatives where people didn't put their names, most of them are just blank too.
that's how it is. too childish to leave names when they zap you with negative rep. it's happened to me a few times too.

texanforlife
07-27-2006, 08:47 AM
when is the depth chart going to be updated does anyone know

Texans Horror
07-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Training camp is starting to gain momentum.

The players are checking into the hotel around noon today. Then they do some miscellaneous stuff and have a meeting in the late afternoon. I wonder if the official depth chart is discussed then? If so, I imagine after that meeting is the earliest we'll see it on the web. After dinner they will put in some plays. Friday morning they'll show us those plays.

It's about time!

It will be good to have a new depth chart. I'm real excited to see if/how the defensive trenches might change over the course of the next few weeks. I don't believe the lack of hype from the press. This year is going to be a good year to be a Texans fan.

South Texan
07-27-2006, 09:03 AM
when is the depth chart going to be updated does anyone know

From God's ...oops... Kubiak's hands to the web team, the web team sets up the new page with new links and then puts the page online.

Probably pretty safe in saying to look for it by tomorrow (Friday) morning.

HOU-TEX
07-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Haha someone reported this post i made and said "Stop trolling" and gave me bad rep. They didn't even sign their name. What a tool.

I was agreeing with the ORIGINAL POSTER!!!! He said 6-10 i said 5-11. Not that big of a difference.

If i came on here and was talking about the Titans going 10-6 and the Texans going 2-14 then yeah. But I agree both teams will improve and be about the same. SO SIGN YOUR NAME WHEN YOU GIVE ME BAD REP

I don't think he or anyone else said that the titans would improve.:redtowel:

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-27-2006, 09:49 AM
I don't think he or anyone else said that the titans would improve.:redtowel:

Hou-Tex, we can sack race if you want. You know, get it out in the open that I can kick your @$$ in some sack races. That's right. I called you out. You better hope no one shows up.

HOU-TEX
07-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Hou-Tex, we can sack race if you want. You know, get it out in the open that I can kick your @$$ in some sack races. That's right. I called you out. You better hope no one shows up.

I'll only use one leg with both arms tied behind my back and still beat a titan fan at anything.:cowboy1:

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-27-2006, 11:03 AM
I'll only use one leg with both arms tied behind my back and still beat a titan fan at anything.:cowboy1:

that's a cool smiley thing

HOU-TEX
07-27-2006, 11:09 AM
that's a cool smiley thing

I thought it was cool too. Hey, when do you guys report to camp? Any good rumors going around titanville?

flylikeaneagle
07-27-2006, 11:54 AM
you guys mention the Cowboys a lot around here. LOL! So, training camp is fun. Anyone go yet?

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-27-2006, 11:58 AM
I thought it was cool too. Hey, when do you guys report to camp? Any good rumors going around titanville?

We start tomorrow (Friday) at 3:30 in the afternoon. Talks with Vince and LenDale are heating up and I hope that when I go to sleep this evening Vince and LenDale will officially be Titans. Volek has finally gotten his chance and is the undisputed starter for the Titans. He has waited a long time for this so I am excited to see what he can do too. I have one prediction for you all: Pacman will be a shut down corner in this league. He showed signs of greatness last year (along with signs of crappiness, but hes playing against the Colts twice a year). Pacman will make the Pro Bowl this year. Mark my words, the guy has insane talent.

HOU-TEX
07-27-2006, 12:07 PM
We start tomorrow (Friday) at 3:30 in the afternoon. Talks with Vince and LenDale are heating up and I hope that when I go to sleep this evening Vince and LenDale will officially be Titans. Volek has finally gotten his chance and is the undisputed starter for the Titans. He has waited a long time for this so I am excited to see what he can do too. I have one prediction for you all: Pacman will be a shut down corner in this league. He showed signs of greatness last year (along with signs of crappiness, but hes playing against the Colts twice a year). Pacman will make the Pro Bowl this year. Mark my words, the guy has insane talent.

Cool deal. Lendale should be a nice pick up as long as he keeps his s--- together. I know Pacman was good in college but I didn't really notice him last year. Who's the other CB? I hope he is good too. If not he'll be torn up if Pacman is going to be that good. Ask D-Rob and PBuch.:)

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Cool deal. Lendale should be a nice pick up as long as he keeps his s--- together. I know Pacman was good in college but I didn't really notice him last year. Who's the other CB? I hope he is good too. If not he'll be torn up if Pacman is going to be that good. Ask D-Rob and PBuch.:)

our other CB is reynaldo hill, 2nd year player out of florida (7th round draft pick)....he earned the spot last year the 2nd half of the season. He had two picks in one game and returned one for a TD. He might turn out to be a steal (he beat out a 1st round draft pick, Andre Woolfolk).....so atleast we arent starting two rookie CBs this year...

Yankee_In_TX
07-27-2006, 01:43 PM
I drove by Reliant running errands for work today. They were setting up the gate and the tents for tomorrow :bouncey: :hyper: :drool:

Good thing I have a Dr.'s Apt. tomorrow..... :spy:

the wonger need food
07-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Good thing I have a Dr.'s Apt. tomorrow..... :spy:

A lot of us will be seeing the Dr. tomorrow morning.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-27-2006, 01:59 PM
A lot of us will be seeing the Dr. tomorrow morning.

Do the Texans have their camp in that bubble next to the stadium? If they do, that is really cool. The Titans' camp is like 40 minutes away from nashville in this crap town.

Yankee_In_TX
07-27-2006, 02:16 PM
In the fields near the bubble. They only practice in the bubble if it rains and then we can't watch them :cool:

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-27-2006, 02:17 PM
In the fields near the bubble. They only practice in the bubble if it rains and then we can't watch them :cool:

That's cool. I bet that's a good atmosphere.

Runner
07-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Afternoon sessions closed to the fans may also be in the bubble. No need to tempt heat stroke.

Insideop
07-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Maybe the oposite side around, 8-8 at best

C2J, you missed one on your checklist. BEAT THE "cowgirls!!"

lol:

mike230765
07-27-2006, 04:32 PM
did ya'll hear that within the first 10 minuets of the brown's training camp that lecharles bently hurt himself.........this was the longest wait for traing camp because i am expecting so much from the team this year.

:mario:

The Pencil Neck
07-27-2006, 06:42 PM
We start tomorrow (Friday) at 3:30 in the afternoon. Talks with Vince and LenDale are heating up and I hope that when I go to sleep this evening Vince and LenDale will officially be Titans.

I thought I'd heard today that VY has signed (or is about to sign) a contract bigger than Mario's.

That's going to drive Bush crazy.

MorKnolle
07-27-2006, 06:59 PM
I cannot wait until tomorrow morning, it seems like so long since we've had football action, and yet the last several weeks seem to have passed quickly in waiting for this day to get here. Let me tell all of you, as a person that was privileged enough to see a couple of the OTA/minicamp practices, you should all be very surprised and encouraged with our team, it is so much different than the lousy product we saw last year.

vtech9
07-27-2006, 09:13 PM
hey guys...if any of you are going to watch the practice tomorrow, please let us out-of-towners know how it went.

Insideop
07-27-2006, 09:24 PM
I thought I'd heard today that VY has signed (or is about to sign) a contract bigger than Mario's.

That's going to drive Bush crazy.

Don't know all the details, but I heard on 610 a few hours ago that VY signed a 6 yr deal and the guaranteed money was less than a million below Mario's guaranteed money! That's all I heard. Don't know anymore on the deal, but they were talking about Bush and how he should sign for something in the middle of the 2. They also said it was an awful big contract for the 3rd pick! We should hear more tomorrow I imagine.

Texans86
07-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Don't know all the details, but I heard on 610 a few hours ago that VY signed a 6 yr deal and the guaranteed money was less than a million below Mario's guaranteed money! That's all I heard. Don't know anymore on the deal, but they were talking about Bush and how he should sign for something in the middle of the 2. They also said it was an awful big contract for the 3rd pick! We should hear more tomorrow I imagine.

Yeah it was big for a 3rd pick. From Foxsports.com:

"Young, the No. 3 overall pick out of Texas, agreed to a five-year deal, with an option for a sixth, with $25.7 million guaranteed and an overall value that could reach $58 million with option and roster bonuses and salary.

That would top the six-year, $54 million deal with $26.5 million guaranteed for the top draft pick, defensive end Mario Williams of Houston."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5820246

Why he has a chance to make more than Mario, I'm not sure, but that leaves the door open for Bush to ask for more.

Insideop
07-27-2006, 10:01 PM

"Young, the No. 3 overall pick out of Texas, agreed to a five-year deal, with an option for a sixth, with $25.7 million guaranteed and an overall value that could reach $58 million with option and roster bonuses and salary.

That would top the six-year, $54 million deal with $26.5 million guaranteed for the top draft pick, defensive end Mario Williams of Houston."

Why he has a chance to make more than Mario, I'm not sure, but that leaves the door open for Bush to ask for more.

Yep, Bush can ask. The question is will the "Aints" pay up or stand pat?:hmmm:

OzzO
07-28-2006, 12:28 PM

"Young, the No. 3 overall pick out of Texas, agreed to a five-year deal, with an option for a sixth, with $25.7 million guaranteed and an overall value that could reach $58 million with option and roster bonuses and salary.....

Doesn't matter - Bud will restructure his young's contract numerous times down the road then eventually bar him from practice.

the wonger need food
07-28-2006, 12:32 PM

Guaranteed money is all that counts with deals these days.

NoBullTexan
07-28-2006, 03:11 PM
It is for sure that Kubiak can beat Capers best record of 7-9, but I think an 8-8 will be fairly easy to achieve. WE have to find our new identity early though, because the first four will be tough. Of the 6 interdivision games, I think we can win 4. If we get hot and on a roll, and we don't suffer the old injury bug too bad, we could go 9-7, or with a break, or two, 10-6.:cool:

threetoedpete
07-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Had a great time. the weather was...comfortable. The facilities and personel were top shelf.

1. #49 had a very good morning blocked a punt, and made a very good bob block . Very nice to see, the coach, even though he made a good block...imedately got on him 'bout his hand placement on the block. I.E. it was a good block ..but it wasn't perfect.

2. #39...11 on 11 drills, AJ goes deep, #39 goes with him makes a great interception near the goal line. Balls out nice play.

Stone, the DB from Baltimore(?) looked very good. If one of the safties goes down...we're covered.

The guys you'd expect to be there are...AJ, Dante, Ryans, everyone looks in shape and...hungry. Peaks Orrs arms are amazing...high fives to the strength coach. Nice Job. Babins looks good. Peaks gonna have a battle to catch him.

Linebackers started a little sleepy footed but got in a groove as practice went on. Walters missed some plays but caught a very nice slant pattern at the end of 7 on seven drills. It's obvious that the timing is not there yet. Tight ends in 7 on seven drills looked very good. Gonna be some hard cuts at that position.

Spencer and Winston looked very good, but as everyone has said they are not there yet. Pitts looked very quick, and very angry...he reminds me of a man on a mission. The starting o-line looked in-sinc to me. Every running back had some nice runs. No tackling yet though so we really don't know yet. Morency has sucuirity issues. DD's Knee is OK. He was moving around very well and had spring in his step. Now how much water they drained off the knee this afternoon I don't know.. If he's there in my FF draft in the second..I'm drafting him.
Antion Smith doesn't have the gear left to hit the outside hole on the strech play. I love the guy, but...he's a short yardage, between the tackles guy ...only.

Salaam is a head of winston as far as I could see on the depth chart. I expect Salaam to make the squad. Spencer is a beast. Wand is the starter. But the monster hasn't reached self awareness yet. The guy is a beast.

Got accused of being anti TJ last week. So I'm not going to pick at that sore. I'll yeild to the opinion of others. Will say that's the first time I've ever seen a guy dogging it in the streching period. Mind boggeling.

The other thing that has me very concerned....All the QB's are targeting their throws. No one is looking off the DBs. Mind boggeling. I would of thought that would of been the first thing fixed ? Still early.

Noticed the eye in the sky was on the young guys and the tight ends.
Sorry I'm not as good as Texas Chick or A.J....

Runner
07-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Sorry I'm not as good as Texas Chick or A.J....

Good enough.

#49 Aaron Halterman

#39 Kevin Curtis

CloakNNNdagger
07-28-2006, 05:24 PM
TTP,
Thanks for the nice perspective.

Double Barrel
07-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Nice update, threetoedpete! Appreciate the information and perspective. I'm getting stoked as I've been for any football season, including the Texans first. :thumbup

wicked_wayz
07-28-2006, 06:45 PM

If i came on here and was talking about the Titans going 10-6 and the Texans going 2-14 then yeah. But I agree both teams will improve and be about the same.

yeah i agree wit u titan fan.....im predicting we go 5-11 or 6-10, just trying to be realistic here, last year i thought we go 10-6 but no we ended up with 2-12....im going to give kubiak till next year before we have a winning season

CloakNNNdagger
07-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Radio 610 reported that this afternoon in the bubble, the D looked good.......and the O showed little, although noone, as should be the case after 1 day, seemed to be worried this early in the preseason. Kubiac stated that Pitts WILL NOT be in the LT equation, he is a GUARD...... and that there is good competition at the LT position.

threetoedpete
07-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Radio 610 reported Kubiac stated that Pitts WILL NOT be in the LT equation, he is a GUARD...... and that there is good competition at the LT position.
That's what I THOUGHT. Now we know. thanks Doc.