PDA

View Full Version : What if and the first Kubiak play.

rockabilly
07-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Ther is one thing I am scared of once the Texans play their first game.

That the first play results in a sack. If that happens, you will see a huge drop in fan confidence, and I can already hear the announcers.

Now im sure that the next play or further plays will not keep the trend. But you know, that very first play under Kubiak better be a good one in order to get "the ball rolling". That first play is so important.

I say the first play under Kubiak should be a bomb to AJ or Moulds.

What do YOU think the first Kubiak play should be.

chuckm
07-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Out of respect for the dear departed, it should be Off Tackle Right in the huddle then Carr audibles to Off Tackle Left at the line .......

Brandon420tx
07-26-2006, 12:11 PM
With him making hand signals to the left side of the line too right?

Ok, I'll answer seriously.... the NOW play, snap and immeadiatly throw the ball to AJ on the sideline

Sry, I couldn't resist.

JohnGalt
07-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Power Sweep left. Davis cuts between Pitts and Wand, gains 4 yards.

TexanBacker93
07-26-2006, 12:13 PM
I remember how the first play in the history of the Texans (regular season that is) was a bomb down the right sideline to Bradford and they actually threw the ball down the field more that game. Where did that go? It just goes to show that just because we see something in the first game/ on the first play doesn't mean we will see it again. As long as that's the only sack of the game I can live with a sack on the first play.

OzzO
07-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Heck, 19-10 started with a deep pass (that we got the yards based off def. interference) - why not do the same v. the Eagles?

edit - TB93.... jinx.

hollywood_texan
07-26-2006, 12:15 PM
It is way too early to being thinking about the first play call on offense.

Kubiak will not make the decision, or even worry about it, until the close of training camp and after a thorough review of the Eagles defense.

By that time, he will know the strengths of the offense and what he can expose on the defense, including some tendacies that they have. With all that, he will make the call. It is way too early to tell what it will be.

JohnGalt
07-26-2006, 12:18 PM
It is way too early to being thinking about the first play call on offense.

Kubiak will not make the decision, or even worry about it, until the close of training camp and after a thorough review of the Eagles defense.

By that time, he will know the strengths of the offense and what he can expose on the defense, including some tendacies that they have. With all that, he will make the call. It is way too early to tell what it will be.

But it's fun to guess, and more importantly... It's not another thread about Carr.

El Tejano
07-26-2006, 12:20 PM
It only matters what kind of plays you are making in the 4th quarter and whether they result in wins or losses.

the wonger need food
07-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Carr steps back in the pocket. Looks over the middle. He's got Johnson open to the 30... the 20... the 10... the 5... Rock and Roll... Touchdown Texans!

Low Life
07-26-2006, 12:24 PM
i think there might be more "not another carr thread" posts than actual posts about carr. either way... i think they should let mario run one up the middle.

Brandon420tx
07-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Carr steps back in the pocket. Looks over the middle. He's got Johnson open to the 30... the 20... the 10... the 5... Rock and Roll... Touchdown Texans!

Carr steps back in the pocket? Surely you jest! Maybe a rollout where he can decide if he wants a 76 yard touchdown pass to either Moulds or Johnson, or if he wants to run it the length of the field himself. I say he takes the pass option as he'll want to save his energy for the rest of the game

JK about the pocket thing, I'm a Carr :homer: as you could tell by the rest of my post.

TexansLucky13
07-26-2006, 12:27 PM
The first play should be a run so that we can avoid the sack scenario. If they manage to get a sack on a hand-off then we really are in trouble.....

P.S.- I never pass on first down. I am a better running back than quarterback, hehe.

MightyTExan
07-26-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm hoping to hear "Carr to Johnson" the way I used to hear "Young to Rice".

Brandon420tx
07-26-2006, 12:28 PM
i think there might be more "not another carr thread" posts than actual posts about carr. either way... i think they should let mario run one up the middle.
:gathering: lol: :popcorn: :bowdown: That was great.

CloakNNNdagger
07-26-2006, 12:29 PM
That single play will not set the mood of the fans, the trend is what we should be concerned about. If a sack occurs, I'd almost like to think of wanting to get it over with early..........because it's going to happen. Just like getting a new car and waiting till you get that first scratch.........most of us will quickly thereafter lose our obscessiveness of "protecting" our property and go on to more normal functioning.....and finally be able to enjoy the car.

Hardcore Texan
07-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Fake the hand off to Davis, bootleg right. Carr hits Putzier for a 6 yard pass and Jeb gets 5-6 more yards before being brought down. Crowd roars while simultaneously breathing a sigh of relief as it begins to sink in that we are heading in the right direction.....UP!

wrestler4life
07-26-2006, 01:07 PM
It will be a pass, but the protection will break down and Carr will run for about 5 yards until he goes out of bounds.

Double Barrel
07-26-2006, 01:15 PM

:redtowel: :fans: WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! :texflag: :logo:

tulexan
07-26-2006, 01:38 PM
I'm predicting some form of roll out.

the wonger need food
07-26-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm predicting some form of roll out.

Yep... get ready to a lot of Sprint Right Option this season...

Ryan
07-26-2006, 01:43 PM
i think it will be like a slant to moulds 20 yards

jerek
07-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Flea flicker to Andre.

HOU-TEX
07-26-2006, 02:13 PM
The first play will be a QB sneak for a TD because we'd return it to the 1 yd line.:drool: :yahoo:

MadBurgerMaker
07-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Hook and ladder. Carr ---> Moulds ---> Johnson ---> Touchdown. The Eagles wont know what hit em.

:fans: :texflag: :redtowel:

Texans Front Row Crew
07-26-2006, 02:44 PM
The first play will be......

a five yard pass to Bennie Joppru in the middle and he get NAILED- FallS to the ground hard, with a THUMP!!! ---

AND THEN HE JUMPS UP, TO GET READY FOR THE NEXT PLAY!!!:yahoo:

AFD1717
07-26-2006, 03:34 PM
The first play of the Kubiak era will be a sack.

Only question is - does Mario or Babin get McNabb first.

mancunian
07-26-2006, 03:40 PM
The first play of the Kubiak era will be a sack.

Only question is - does Mario or Babin get McNabb first.

neither it will be Robaire Smith as the Eagles o-line worry too much about the DE's and forget about the DT's

Firts offensive play will be a run play. Just to get everyone settled.

AFD1717
07-26-2006, 03:48 PM
neither it will be Robaire Smith as the Eagles o-line worry too much about the DE's and forget about the DT's

Firts offensive play will be a run play. Just to get everyone settled.
I'll take that.

Battle Red Flash
07-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Quick snap, quick hitter up the middle over the right side by Dominick.
Gain of 7.
:yahoo:

South Texan
07-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Quick toss to the tight end. Philly will be so surprised to realise we even have a TE they will just watch in amazement as he runs it in for a TD.

OR

Carr hands off to AJ on an end around, who hands off to Moulds coming the other way, who flics it back to Carr who passes it to DD in the flat, who laterals back to Moulds who.....

OK... first offensive play, hand off to DD, 1 cut and a run for 8 to 12 yards.

powerfuldragon
07-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Flea flicker to Andre.

that'd be if he was going for coolness.

50% D. Davis (or other healthy RB) one cut run.
25% Play action pass dowfield to johnson/moulds/TE
20% Bootleg pass to AJ
5% Fancy gadget play.

kcwilson
07-26-2006, 07:05 PM
It is actually pretty easy to figure out... it will be one of two plays. Kick off or return.

Personally, I would like to see the kick off team first and let the defense settle the nerves a little bit... 3 and out, giving Texans a decent chance at good field position for offense. I am more excited to see the defense than the offense.

AFD1717
07-26-2006, 09:40 PM
It is actually pretty easy to figure out... it will be one of two plays. Kick off or return.
I think most of us were taking "first play" to mean "first play from scrimmage."

ojthecat
07-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Who cares about the first play I want to see a kneel-down by Carr as the last play of the first game.

Hutch13
07-26-2006, 10:37 PM
I think it should be some sort of pass to Juppru for what all he has been through since he has been drafted.

TexansSeminole
07-26-2006, 10:47 PM
McNabb drops back, looks, sees noone and tries to escape the pocket. Rolls out and dodges a tackle by Antwaan Peek. Sees nobody open so he throws it out of bounds.

HoustonFan
07-26-2006, 10:53 PM
How about Carr to Jopru or Putzier.
Or Special Teams scoring on the return.
McNabb getting sacked.
Gaffney getting the $@!# knocked out of him resulting in a fumble that we recover.

Kaiser Toro
07-27-2006, 08:21 AM
I was mentioning to my wife the other day I have not been dreaming as of late and I had one last night about the Texans first play fom scrimmage against the Eagles going from South to North.

We had the ball at our 35 and Carr made a nice play action stepped into the pocket, had plenty of time, and threw a 60 yard bomb to Moulds who was well covered and over threw him by about a yard.

This is no slight on Carr and I have to tell you I woke up with a smile due to how vivid it was and the possibility we will be seeing more of this.

It may be corny, but thought I would share my excitement.

the wonger need food
07-27-2006, 08:48 AM
We had the ball at our 35 and Carr made a nice play action stepped into the pocket, had plenty of time, and threw a 60 yard bomb to Moulds who was well covered and over threw him by about a yard.

Plenty of time to throw and a pass over 20 yards? What a dream!

da.texans
07-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Plenty of time to throw and a pass over 20 yards? What a dream!
Didn't he said that was a 60 yards bomb???:hides:

HOU-TEX
07-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Didn't he said that was a 60 yards bomb???:hides:

I think he was just saying that having time to throw any pass over 20 yds would be nice:lightbulb:

BigDTexansFan
07-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Ther is one thing I am scared of once the Texans play their first game.

That the first play results in a sack. If that happens, you will see a huge drop in fan confidence, and I can already hear the announcers.

Now im sure that the next play or further plays will not keep the trend. But you know, that very first play under Kubiak better be a good one in order to get "the ball rolling". That first play is so important.

I say the first play under Kubiak should be a bomb to AJ or Moulds.

What do YOU think the first Kubiak play should be.

you mean like in our 1st game ever, that was a hoot ESPN guys all trying to decide what Carr will do first..65 yard completion. I agree we need to set tone, in fact would think is a great way to let defense know is going to be a LOOOONNNGGGG day. 1st play a deep pass.....Carr has arm Moulds and AJ got the speed, kind of say welcome to NFL boys we can throw em long and deep all day while our D pounds your QB like a nail.:homer:

the wonger need food
07-27-2006, 06:40 PM
you mean like in our 1st game ever, that was a hoot ESPN guys all trying to decide what Carr will do first..65 yard completion.

Or a 38 yard pass interference that should have been caught by Lobster Claws Bradford. Either way...