PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night @ 7PM - Segment on 13ABC about Texans

HomeBred_Texan
07-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Just saw channel 13 , ABC show that they will do a segment on our Texans Thursday Night at 7PM. Should be interesting, I hope. But right now anything football gets me excited.

Just a heads up....:bananasplit:

TK_Gamer
07-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Just saw channel 13 , ABC show that they will do a segment on our Texans Thursday Night at 7PM. Should be interesting, I hope. But right now anything football gets me excited.

Just a heads up....:bananasplit:

thanks for the info!

the wonger need food
07-25-2006, 05:38 PM
When does the weekly show on Fox Sports SW start???

MightyTExan
07-25-2006, 05:54 PM
:drool: Can you smell it?

Football's coming................................ :bananasplit:

HomeBred_Texan
07-25-2006, 07:43 PM
:drool: Can you smell it?

Football's coming................................ :bananasplit:
Pre-Season is right around the corner baby...:yahoo:

TexansSeminole
07-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Can't wait to go to the Chiefs Pre-season game.

Brandon420tx
07-25-2006, 08:45 PM
We need a countdown at the top of the MB :) (For Preseason)

threetoedpete
07-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Wonder if 'ol Bob is gonna get one more Vince Cry in ? Thanks for the heads up.
Any coverage is good coverage.

Sportsfan
07-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Called "Houston Texans Reconstructed", comes on at 7pm on 13.

So set those DvRs in case you can't watch it.

Cheers :redtowel:

powerfuldragon
07-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Yes. I'll try my hardest to watch it.

it's probably going to be a bunch of things we already know. I'll watch it anyway. i just need to see the texans on tv.

texan279
07-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Called "Houston Texans Reconstructed", comes on at 7pm on 13.

So set those DvRs in case you can't watch it.

Cheers :redtowel:

Thanks for the heads up, my wife is having a jewelry party tonight at 7, now I can lock myself in the bedroom and watch something good. :bananasplit:

Yankee_In_TX
07-27-2006, 10:01 AM
That's funny, a Texans fan on TexansTalk, from England, living in CA's wife does that.

On another note, I imagine this will be a lot of the 'Texans Preview' footage they had the other day (for something, maybe a press day?)

texan279
07-27-2006, 10:03 AM
That's funny, a Texans fan on TexansTalk, from England, living in CA's wife does that.

On another note, I imagine this will be a lot of the 'Texans Preview' footage they had the other day (for something, maybe a press day?)

I know it's probably not going to be anything new or exciting, but I have to seek refuge somewhere tonight! :spy:

The Dude Abides
07-27-2006, 10:34 AM
I'll be at the Stros game tonight so if anyone can tell me anything good that was said, I would appreciate it. And love you for the rest of the week.

buckaroo_banzai
07-27-2006, 10:38 AM
does anybody know if any other abc affiliates will be showing this special?
i get tyler and lufkin abc stations:confused:

Chato
07-27-2006, 10:59 AM

I doubt it. This will be a local show from "The Home Of The Texans" even though all they get is pre-season games for the most part.

Is there anywhere that lists what Texans games will be in HD yet?

the wonger need food
07-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Is there anywhere that lists what Texans games will be in HD yet?

Slim pickins again this season... http://www.hdsportsguide.com/nfl.php

powerfuldragon
07-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Slim pickins again this season... http://www.hdsportsguide.com/nfl.php
One texans game... and it's the preseason match against TB. we just need to pray that the texans do well enough to warrant being put on the flex schedule games.

threetoedpete
07-27-2006, 12:09 PM
I don't know. But, stuff like this the NFL falls down on. I'd love to tell you to send me four bucks for the cost of the dvd and postage, but..... that would be
breaking the copywrite laws. Also, I'm not in the dvd copyhing bussiness. Look up KTRK on goggle and see if they'll have them available. Probably twenty bucks. Everthing is twenty bucks. I'm sure if you write them, they will get back to you.

HomeBred_Texan
07-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Wonder if 'ol Bob is gonna get one more Vince Cry in ? Thanks for the heads up.
Any coverage is good coverage.
Reminder it is tonight...

dtran04
07-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Is it possible for someone to get it on Youtube or something?

OzzO
07-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I guess that means the chronic will have something about the Texans in the paper tomorrow after they watch the show.

chuckm
07-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I guess that means the chronic will have something about the Texans in the paper tomorrow after they watch the show.

LOL :redtowel: :redtowel: If John McLain's lucky, maybe Ch 13 will mention that Ty Law has signed with the Chiefs .....

CloakNNNdagger
07-27-2006, 02:10 PM
I don't know. But, stuff like this the NFL falls down on. I'd love to tell you to send me four bucks for the cost of the dvd and postage, but..... that would be
breaking the copywrite laws. Also, I'm not in the dvd copyhing bussiness. Look up KTRK on goggle and see if they'll have them available. Probably twenty bucks. Everthing is twenty bucks. I'm sure if you write them, they will get back to you.

I checked with a contact of mine at KTRK. The segment is LOCAL ONLY. They referred me to the service that does their "video clips." If you really want a professionally produced DVD of this hour long segment, it will not be cheap........$280. If interested call Ted at Multi-Vision 713-524-7414.................If you want a better deal, I'd suggest calling a friend.

HomeBred_Texan
07-27-2006, 08:04 PM
Heads-up...

It's on now

Brandon420tx
07-27-2006, 08:13 PM
The first segment was about the new look of the Texans, just a general overview of the new faces and such. Putzier said he noticed that last year our Texans performed way slower then the Broncos in our preseason scrimmage, but now we look way better then we did then. David Carr acknowledges he has to become a leader.

Second segment was about getting into Mario Williams the person and then went a little more in-depth about our FA signings, including quotes from Moulds, Kalu, Cowart, and Putzier.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
07-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Still on or was it only half an hour?

Vinny
07-27-2006, 08:34 PM
They just did the caveman segment for Winston. He's the one who likes the mango salsa.

ps C- Herv's avatar (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/member.php?u=59) if you aren't following me.

Brandon420tx
07-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Still on, they just explained what a Tight End was, I had no clue:rolleyes: also they showed Owen Daniels: The Weather Man.

HoustonFan
07-27-2006, 08:40 PM
This is awesome. Just hoping that all of this translates into success this season onward.

nunusguy
07-27-2006, 08:40 PM
D-Rob put on 15 lbs. 10 more pounds and he'll be illegal !

Brandon420tx
07-27-2006, 08:42 PM
D-Rob put on 15 lbs. 10 more pounds and he'll be illegal !
Yes, that made me smile hearing that too.
Unfortunately, I can't remember what I just saw. (They showed that cheerleader footage again and I forgot what I was about to put in for the summary)

RTP2110
07-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Projected depth chart coming up soon.

Brandon420tx
07-27-2006, 08:48 PM
OMG, they are showing a depth chart later in the show!! TUNE IN!!!

Update edit:
Ok, I can only remember the cheerleaders....

the wonger need food
07-27-2006, 08:55 PM
What???!!!!???

How the hell did Yankee get in a commercial?

the wonger need food
07-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Did they just have Matt Murphy on the depth chart???

Texans86
07-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Did anyone else notice Travis Johnson wasn't on the depth chart?

RTP2110
07-27-2006, 09:00 PM
LoL @ the cheeleader segment lasting all of 30 seconds.

MorKnolle
07-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Did they just have Matt Murphy on the depth chart???

Yes they did, mistake on their part.

Depth chart as listed on the program:
QB
1) David Carr
2) Sage Rosenfels

RB
1) Domanick Davis
2) Antowain Smith

FB
1) Jameel Cook

WR
1) Andre Johnson
2) Eric Moulds
3) Kevin Walter
4) Derrick Lewis

TE
1) Jeb Putzier
2) Mark Bruener
3) Bennie Joppru
4) Matt Murphy* - he is no longer on the roster, an error on their part.

LT
1) Seth Wand
2) Charles Spencer

LG
1) Chester Pitts

C
1) Mike Flanagan

RG
1) Steve McKinney

RT
1) Zach Wiegert
2) Eric Winston

DE
1) Mario Williams
2) Jason Babin
3) Antwan Peek

DT
1) Anthony Weaver
2) Seth Payne
3) Robaire Smith

OLB
1) Shantee Orr
2) Morlon Greenwood

MLB
1) Sam Cowart
2) Kailee Wong
3) Demeco Ryans

CB
1) Dunta Robinson
2) Demarcus Faggins
3) Philip Buchanon

S
1) Glen Earl
2) CC Brown
3) Michael Stone
4) Jason Simmons

powerfuldragon
07-27-2006, 09:03 PM
i can't believe flanagan likes chick flicks.

Insideop
07-27-2006, 09:08 PM

No, I didn't notice. I was too busy getting over the shock of seeing Lewis as the 4th receiver and no mention of Armstrong! Did I miss something? Is Lewis that good? I wanted him to make the team, but I didn't think he would be the 4th receiver!:shocked

Brandon420tx
07-27-2006, 09:13 PM
They left alot of people off the depth chart... I think that one was cooked up by the reporters...

Texans_Chick
07-27-2006, 09:13 PM
No, I didn't notice. I was too busy getting over the shock of seeing Lewis as the 4th receiver and no mention of Armstrong! Did I miss something? Is Lewis that good? I wanted him to make the team, but I didn't think he would be the 4th receiver!:shocked

IMO, the depth chart shown on the special was crapatola.

They also said that you should not be surprised if it changes. Given that Matt Murphy was on it, I think that is a fair statement.

the wonger need food
07-27-2006, 09:17 PM

They also said that you should not be surprised if it changes. Given that Matt Murphy was on it, I think that is a fair statement.

So you do a whole segment on Owen Daniels and then put a guy that got cut ahead of him on the depth chart. That's funny.

Runner
07-27-2006, 09:17 PM
They left alot of people off the depth chart... I think that one was cooked up by the reporters...

Right - no Weary or Hodgdon or camp fodder lineman. Who needs backups at guard and center anyway!

powerfuldragon
07-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Given that Matt Murphy was on it, I think that is a fair statement.
Agreed.

Brandon420tx
07-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Well, this was the Depth Chart I was looking forward to anyway, its the one that matters

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depth_chart.php?section=TH%20Depth%20Chart

Texans Pride
07-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Well, this was the Depth Chart I was looking forward to anyway, its the one that matters

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depth_chart.php?section=TH%20Depth%20Chart

This depth chart is blank!

Vinny
07-27-2006, 09:42 PM
guys...try not to fret over channel 13's depth chart

powerfuldragon
07-27-2006, 09:46 PM

yeah. even if it is Kube's real DC, it's hard to believe it'll be the same after training camp and the preseason.

Runner
07-27-2006, 09:51 PM

We could talk about the phrase "established journeyman" I saw earlier in this thread.

Insideop
07-27-2006, 09:57 PM

Well, I agree with you on this one. It does appear to be "crapatola!" But, I did enjoy watching the rest of the show! I like the "Caveman" segment with Winston. Just hope he plays as mean and nasty as he looks! I also liked the segment with Mario visiting the Marines and someone asked who he wanted to hit first, and I think Mario's Mom said Reggie Bush, which got a good laugh!

I think Kubes has put together a pretty good team on paper. Now it's time to prove it on the field!:gotexans1

:logo:

aj.
07-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Reggie and Mario couldn't be more different.

Sportsfan
07-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Wooohoooo! That show got me pumped up! :redtowel: :fans: :gotexans1 :party:

Insideop
07-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Reggie and Mario couldn't be more different.

aj, like your new avitar. He actually looks more normal in your photo than he did on the tube tonight! Whew, he's one nasty looking dude! Glad he's on our side.:yahoo:

Anguyen
07-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Did the Texans just got some character on the team or what?
Caveman
Weatherman
Super Mario

who am I missing?

OzzO
07-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Come ON!!! Is everyone forgetting the most important detail aired on the show? Mario watches Spongebob. I mean, COME ON.... he picks the best cartoon!!!

Agree with the above - that show got me even more ready for the season. Couldn't even delete it off DVR after watching it. edit - oh, and did anyone get giddy with seeing the deep ball being thrown to AJ and another to Moulds?

nunusguy
07-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Caveman
Weatherman
Super Mario
who am I missing?
I dunno, but maybe that's more like personality than what the coach meant by character ?
But the "Caveman" was an intriguing character/personality. I think he said he's
into politics, current events. Watches C-Span ?
We'll have to introduce him to this website so he can post his political thoughts/views over on the "NO Spin Zone". So don't be surprise if
a new poster shows up with the "Caveman" handle.

HomeBred_Texan
07-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Come ON!!! Is everyone forgetting the most important detail aired on the show? Mario watches Spongebob. I mean, COME ON.... he picks the best cartoon!!!

Agree with the above - that show got me even more ready for the season. Couldn't even delete it off DVR after watching it. edit - oh, and did anyone get giddy with seeing the deep ball being thrown to AJ and another to Moulds?
And of course all of the passes being thrown to Putz. Man on Man, I am so ready for some FOOTBALL :chicken:

El Tejano
07-28-2006, 03:08 PM

Does that mean they should take that depth chart to Yankee's cornholing tailgate?

NoBullTexan
07-28-2006, 03:11 PM

I know how you feel. If you live in W. Texas (I lived in Odessa way back when), then you know all you ever hear is Dallas Cowboys crap. That is another thing I blame on Bud. For years he could care less, then when T.V. really started to pay off and he wanted to improve his fan base (finally), he moved training camp out to San Angelo for a few years to try to drum up some interest in the Oilers, but it was too little too late, which was typical of Bud.

threetoedpete
07-28-2006, 08:28 PM
I really hate doin' this but....ITYS.
Better brace yourselves Texan's fans. :hides:

threetoedpete
07-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Caveman
Weatherman
Super Mario

who am I missing?
LOL, no one goota get me one of those Duck with salza avatars though. Priceless.

Chance_C
07-29-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm watching it right now. I got tickled when one of the soldiers asked Mario who he was looking forward to hitting the most in the NFL, and his mom said Reggie Bush!

I am thoroughly convinced that we took the right person for our team.