PDA

View Full Version : For the Madden 07 Players..........

kbourda
07-25-2006, 10:42 AM
http://www.madden-nfl.com/texans.php

Here's the ratings for the Texans on Madden 07. I was shocked to see Mario's strength at only 80. I thought it would be at least 85. Mario has a rating of 85. Bush 86. VY and Leinart 82 (also shocked to see VY's speed at 85 (combine showing)). Bush has 98 speed. Mario has 80 speed but Abraham (Falcons DE) has the same speed. NCAA 07 has me excited about Madden 07.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-25-2006, 10:47 AM

Here's the ratings for the Texans on Madden 07. I was shocked to see Mario's strength at only 80. I thought it would be at least 85. Mario has a rating of 85. Bush 86. VY and Leinart 82 (also shocked to see VY's speed at 85 (combine showing)). Bush has 98 speed. Mario has 80 speed but Abraham (Falcons DE) has the same speed. NCAA 07 has me excited about Madden 07.

Will you post the Titans overall ratings please? Im on my work computer and some websites don't work.

If you could put Givens, Chris Hope, VY, and LenDale White's ratings up for me that'd be sweet. Thanks.

kbourda
07-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Will you post the Titans overall ratings please? Im on my work computer and some websites don't work.

If you could put Givens, Chris Hope, VY, and LenDale White's ratings up for me that'd be sweet. Thanks.

The ratings are:
Givens-86
Hope- 83
VY-82
White-80

Doesn't say overall rating.

jerek
07-25-2006, 11:05 AM

Definitely excited to play the game, and as far as Madden ratings, there are always ratings that make me sort of just shake my head. EA has at least gone to releasing updated rosters throughout the year to fix that.

You say shocked to see VY's speed at 85 ... were you expecting higher or lower? 85 seems about right to me, actually, I would maybe even drop it a point. I am surprised VY debuts at 82 ... just think that he will need more time to get his game awareness together. But I guess when you factor in his athleticism ... I dunno, sounds about right.

kbourda
07-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Definitely excited to play the game, and as far as Madden ratings, there are always ratings that make me sort of just shake my head. EA has at least gone to releasing updated rosters throughout the year to fix that.

You say shocked to see VY's speed at 85 ... were you expecting higher or lower? 85 seems about right to me, actually, I would maybe even drop it a point. I am surprised VY debuts at 82 ... just think that he will need more time to get his game awareness together. But I guess when you factor in his athleticism ... I dunno, sounds about right.

I was thinking lower based on his combine.

jerek
07-25-2006, 11:11 AM
I was thinking lower based on his combine.

Ah, got ya ... sorry, I missed that "combine" part in your first post.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Yeah but combine speed does not equal game speed. Your 40 time doesn't make you elusive, and as we all know VY is very elusive. I think the 85 speed is about right.

blockhead83
07-25-2006, 12:43 PM
They have Demeco with an 85 speed and somewhere around an 85 tackle....he's going to be a beast on madden this year. The listing I looked at had Mario at a 78 speed, which is slightly under rated to me.... I would drop Young to around a 82 speed also, elusiveness comes more into play with their agility and maybe break tackle stategories.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-25-2006, 01:30 PM
They have Demeco with an 85 speed and somewhere around an 85 tackle....he's going to be a beast on madden this year. The listing I looked at had Mario at a 78 speed, which is slightly under rated to me.... I would drop Young to around a 82 speed also, elusiveness comes more into play with their agility and maybe break tackle stategories.

85 speed for an LB? DAAAAMN. He is going to be a badass in the game. I think they gave Derrick Brooks 85 speed last year as well.

jerek
07-25-2006, 01:48 PM
85 speed for an LB? DAAAAMN. He is going to be a badass in the game. I think they gave Derrick Brooks 85 speed last year as well.

85 for DeMeco? I refuse to believe it.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Bulluck is an 85 i think, and he's the fastest LB in the league (if i had to guess)

real
07-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Bulluck is an 85 i think, and he's the fastest LB in the league (if i had to guess)

In what leauge ??? The NFL...bwwaaaahaaaaaa....LMAO....no...

jerek
07-25-2006, 02:24 PM

Uh ... no ...

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Who's faster then? You'd be hard pressed to find a better coverage linebacker. Bulluck can catch a lot of WRs

You guys cant just say no and not give a reason or example

real
07-25-2006, 02:41 PM
Boss Bailey,Darnell Bing, D.J Williams, Derrick Johnson....Those are just a few that I think are faster....But I know that he isn't THE fastest linebacker...He may have good speed, but I don't think he is a blazer....

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Boss Bailey,Darnell Bing, D.J Williams, Derrick Johnson....Those are just a few that I think are faster....But I know that he isn't THE fastest linebacker...He may have good speed, but I don't think he is a blazer....

Darnell Bing is a safety............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................

Hutch13
07-25-2006, 02:56 PM
:yahoo: I like are ratings, i think they are pretty much right on except that i think p-buc is lower than a 84. Looking at the other teams and they all look ok to me.

real
07-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Darnell Bing is a safety............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................

ha ha...check again my friend...He is indeed a linebacker...Converted that is...

HOU-TEX
07-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Who's faster then? You'd be hard pressed to find a better coverage linebacker. Bulluck can catch a lot of WRs

You guys cant just say no and not give a reason or example

Well, you just can't say that he is and not give a reason or example.:redtowel:

El Tejano
07-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Our defensive line seems pretty stacked. Seems like everyone is in the high 80s to low 90s.

By the way, when does the game come out?

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Well, you just can't say that he is and not give a reason or example.:redtowel:

Well I've seen him play over 60 games, half of which in person. That's my reasoning.

Hutch13
07-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Our defensive line seems pretty stacked. Seems like everyone is in the high 80s to low 90s.

By the way, when does the game come out?

i think it comes out in about 25 days when ever that is

El Tejano
07-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Thanks. I appreciate that. Sunday Aug 20th!!!

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks. I appreciate that. Sunday Aug 20th!!!

Video games,DVDs, and CDs come out on Tuesdays. It comes out August 22, 2006 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FDOTN6/qid=1153855413/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-8444159-4106200?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=468642)

HOU-TEX
07-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Well I've seen him play over 60 games, half of which in person. That's my reasoning.

So you're saying that it's just your opinion.:tease:

tulexan
07-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Do they know something we don't?

Reggie Bush's salary is listed at $11.02M for next year. Which actually is more than what Mario is listed as making in Madden ($9.48M)

Are Segal and Ornstein programmers for EA?

HOOK'EM
07-25-2006, 08:19 PM
What is Peppers speed, cause Mario is faster than Peppers.

MorKnolle
07-25-2006, 09:08 PM
What is Peppers speed, cause Mario is faster than Peppers.

Peppers had 83 speed in his rookie year of Madden, so Mario should be at least in the 82-84 range. According to this website Peppers will have 86 speed. I don't think these are the real Madden ratings, and Mario's speed and strength are underrated if these somehow are the real ratings, and there are some very poorly rated players, plus I don't see any evidence that EA Sports actually verifies these in any way.

AtheGreat
07-25-2006, 09:22 PM
God bless EA sports.

mexican_texan
07-25-2006, 09:51 PM
I consider Keith Bulluck the best linebacker in our division and one of the fastest...fwiw
True dat, he's the leader of the Titan defense and doesn't get the credit he deserves. However, there is a difference between quick and fast.

ensign_lee
07-25-2006, 10:13 PM
DeMeco has a speed rating of 85?!?!?! Derrick Johnson has that speed. Oh, he is going to be SWEET! add a tackle rating of 85?!?!?! OH YES!

What's his awareness? I figure it would be higher than lots of rookies...is it?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
07-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Mario Williams has 85 speed and 90 acceleration. He is an 86 overall.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/savannahsack/madden_07_ratings.gif

WiiBrawler
07-26-2006, 12:50 AM
Keith Bulluck is the man, but soon he will be in second place to non other than Demeco Ryans, Ok Maybe Im going overboard, Keith Bulluck is #1 in the division, Demeco can be #2 soon, if he plays well

TexansLucky13
07-26-2006, 02:48 AM
I think Mathis got the short end of the stick in this one, guys. He should be at least 79, when healthy. Considering he is the 4th Rookie to ever go to the Pro Bowl after being drafted lower than the 4th round, he deserves a little boost...

ensign_lee
07-26-2006, 05:11 AM
I think Mathis got the short end of the stick in this one, guys. He should be at least 79, when healthy. Considering he is the 4th Rookie to ever go to the Pro Bowl after being drafted lower than the 4th round, he deserves a little boost...

He probably did get a boost. He should now have wicked KR stats. In Madden 06, I think his KR was in the 50's or 60's and I was like...wha???

But as far as his skills as a receiver go, I think the Madden guys want to see what he can do on offense before they bump his stats.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-26-2006, 09:51 AM
True dat, he's the leader of the Titan defense and doesn't get the credit he deserves. However, there is a difference between quick and fast.

Yeah we all love Bulluck up here in TN. He's my favorite player. He works hard, has his head on straight, and is an exceptional football player. I hope he retires a Titan.

Tailgate
07-26-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't think these are the real ratings.

TexanFan881
07-26-2006, 12:48 PM
I don't think these are the real ratings.

I hope not. Anthony Weaver at DE? Babin at OLB? No Shantee Orr? Wali Lundy a 66? I don't agree with EA Sports and there ratings if this is what they are.

mancunian
07-26-2006, 04:02 PM
I hope not. Anthony Weaver at DE? Babin at OLB? No Shantee Orr? Wali Lundy a 66? I don't agree with EA Sports and there ratings if this is what they are.

problem is these are in development for ages and to ensure the balance of teams they often change players positions slightly. Often players who may make the roster can be found in FA. Shantee Orr is listed as a FA LOLB. All you have to do is drop Wade who is still there and replace him with Shantee, and you were able to edit players later. Weaver and Babin remain at last years positions and Weaver will play more DE than DT.

jerek
07-26-2006, 04:08 PM
problem is these are in development for ages and to ensure the balance of teams they often change players positions slightly. Often players who may make the roster can be found in FA. Shantee Orr is listed as a FA LOLB. All you have to do is drop Wade who is still there and replace him with Shantee, and you were able to edit players later. Weaver and Babin remain at last years positions and Weaver will play more DE than DT.

Considering the rosters will be finalized before preseason (and possibly before camp; I'm not sure when they make the last changes), there are many guesses made as to who will make the cut and who won't.

FWIW I've always found ratings that I disagree with (i.e. Carr's speed), but it's a very difficult task to rate hundreds of players individually and comparatively.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Considering the rosters will be finalized before preseason (and possibly before camp; I'm not sure when they make the last changes), there are many guesses made as to who will make the cut and who won't.

FWIW I've always found ratings that I disagree with (i.e. Carr's speed), but it's a very difficult task to rate hundreds of players individually and comparatively.

Carr should be faster. As should Matt Flynn (LSUs backup QB) should on NCAA. Flynn runs like a 4.5 and they have his speed like 65. It's a shame!

mancunian
07-26-2006, 04:16 PM
there is the edit function so you can always edit the attributes you want to.

I try not to as I think the ratings done for a reason to make it a balanced game.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-26-2006, 04:21 PM
there is the edit function so you can always edit the attributes you want to.

I try not to as I think the ratings done for a reason to make it a balanced game.

Well when you play online you can't change the ratings, that's why people get upset mainly.

mancunian
07-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Well when you play online you can't change the ratings, that's why people get upset mainly.

aaah never played online - maybe its something I should look into.....

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-26-2006, 04:25 PM
aaah never played online - maybe its something I should look into.....

I don't mean to sound like an a-hole but ive always said that if you don't play online you aren't good.

I'm telling you there are some guys online (xbox live) that are out of this world. I am really good and been playing Madden since '95 and sometimes i play a guy who just owns me.

So yeah, definitely look into getting xbox live or PS2 online.

mancunian
07-26-2006, 04:34 PM
I don't mean to sound like an a-hole but ive always said that if you don't play online you aren't good.

I'm telling you there are some guys online (xbox live) that are out of this world. I am really good and been playing Madden since '95 and sometimes i play a guy who just owns me.

I've been playing Madden since about 90, and up till about 3 months ago never had internet capability at home. I 'll sure look at that once Madden 07 comes out here. (which is later than the US). I have a PS2.....whats the XBOX like?

I've challenged my friends and family but they have no interest in American Football or indeed playing me at Madden.

No doubt I would get hammered but it would be a laugh.

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-26-2006, 04:36 PM
I've been playing Madden since about 90, and up till about 3 months ago never had internet capability at home. I 'll sure look at that once Madden 07 comes out here. (which is later than the US). I have a PS2.....whats the XBOX like?

I've challenged my friends and family but they have no interest in American Football or indeed playing me at Madden.

No doubt I would get hammered but it would be a laugh.

Well the new Xbox 360 is pretty sweet. PS3 comes out in november.

powerfuldragon
07-26-2006, 05:09 PM
question: I was playing NCAA '07 on xbox360 the other day UT (me) v. Aggies (CPU), and they had player names and the announcers were saying the names... i've never seen that before on an NCAA game. What gives?

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-26-2006, 05:11 PM
question: I was playing NCAA '07 on xbox360 the other day UT (me) v. Aggies (CPU), and they had player names and the announcers were saying the names... i've never seen that before on an NCAA game. What gives?

They had that last year too. They even pronounce "Ryan Perriloux" correctly. It's crazy.

jerek
07-26-2006, 05:39 PM

Not necessarily true. I drove a couple of those "online guys" at Madden Challenge last year. Face it, everyone who ever has played Madden thinks they are awesome at it. I met guys at Madden Challenge and in friendly games who "practice x amount of hours every day" and had such and such a win streak and were friggin horrible. I've never played a game online and I will wager decent money that I can take any of you here. That said, I've been beat before. I'm confident enough in my skill that I'll play anyone once for a $20 bill, but I've gotten it handed to me.

tulexan
07-26-2006, 05:58 PM
They had that last year too. They even pronounce "Ryan Perriloux" correctly. It's crazy.

I thought they weren't allowed to use actual names in college football games. Madden and other pro games use names because they have rights to the players association. Certain players and coaches didn't used to be in the game. I remember Lavar Arrington used to just be LB#55 (whatever his number was) and Bill Parcells used to be "Dallas Cowboy's Coach".

yumyum
07-27-2006, 03:12 AM
I thought they weren't allowed to use actual names in college football games.

You'll notice none of the actual player names are included. But, the game is capable of supporting all 8000+ player names (up to 70-man rosters for all 119 Division I-A NCAA teams), however each name needs to be entered one at a time!

I dont play ncaa all that much but i know that all or most of the players name can be announce. There's a memory card that you can buy off of ebay that has all the players name on it and it also has 4 draft classes for your madden franchise. Can't wait for madden to come out. Also did anyone notice Vernon Davis' speed (90), wat a freak of nature!!!

RTP2110
07-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Check out our QB's vision cones

Carr
http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/article/721/721198/madden-qb-cone-comparison-20060726053522768-000.jpg

Sage
http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/article/721/721198/madden-qb-cone-comparison-20060726053559268-000.jpg

Not much of a difference there. Let's hope that changes this year.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/721/721198p30.html

RTP2110
07-27-2006, 08:59 PM
BTW the ratings posted are not the official Madden ratings. They say it here...

http://www.madden-nfl.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1044

yumyum
07-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Thats wat i figured. If Mario is being compared to Peppers, he should be at least be as fast as him if not faster.

TexanFan881
07-31-2006, 11:02 PM
The official ratings will be released on Friday, on a pay per view show.

http://www.espnppv.com/espnppv/madden.html

powerfuldragon
07-31-2006, 11:10 PM
The official ratings will be released on Friday, on a pay per view show.

http://www.espnppv.com/espnppv/madden.html
anyone who purchases that show should be chemically castrated.

TexanFan881
07-31-2006, 11:17 PM
anyone who purchases that show should be chemically castrated.

lol, I was thinking the same thing. I'd rather go to IGN as they're usually the first ones to have it and do that for free.

powerfuldragon
07-31-2006, 11:19 PM
lol, I was thinking the same thing. I'd rather go to IGN as they're usually the first ones to have it and do that for free.
same here, man. IGN is king.

mexican_texan
07-31-2006, 11:34 PM
I've seen unofficial ratings and no Texan cracks the top ten in any position, but Mario is the second best rookie in the class. DeMeco Ryans was in the top ten as well, but I don't remember the actual raking.

As for the show, I recommend IGN.com or the Madden forums.

RTP2110
07-31-2006, 11:37 PM
$20 for a video preview of a $50 - $60 game? Insane.

mexican_texan
07-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Check out our QB's vision cones

Carr
http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/article/721/721198/madden-qb-cone-comparison-20060726053522768-000.jpg

Sage
http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/article/721/721198/madden-qb-cone-comparison-20060726053559268-000.jpg

Not much of a difference there. Let's hope that changes this year.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/721/721198p30.html
Actually, Rosenfels is scrambling, which should make his cone narrow.

TexansLucky13
08-01-2006, 12:32 AM
A lot of the focus has been on the QB perspective. The new field view will make the field look a LOT bigger, hehe.

TexanFan881
08-01-2006, 12:54 AM
A lot of the focus has been on the QB perspective. The new field view will make the field look a LOT bigger, hehe.

Another reason why I can't wait to get this game. Looks really good from what I've seen. But there's no way I'm ordering a pay per view show to find out the rankings. :shoot:

GuerillaBlack
08-01-2006, 01:14 AM
The PS3 will cost $600 (comes out in November), so there is no way I am getting that version of Madden (rumor has that the game will be $70, because they are on the blu-ray format). The 360 version should be good and online is unmatched on Xbox Live.

Mario should have at least a 90 speed, and a 92 strength.

yumyum
08-01-2006, 03:36 AM
Mario should have at least a 90 speed, and a 92 strength.

If he really did have those stats, maybe i should play him on offense as a slot receiver or tight end maybe so that he could truck the crap out of everybody. That would be hilarious.:mario:

yumyum
08-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Let the countdown offically begin. Madden will be coming out in ummm........19 1/2 days. :yahoo:

Phiilyphan06
08-09-2006, 04:00 PM

Those rankings are fake.

http://blog.dallascowboys.com/forums/thread/7393.aspx look here...

real
08-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Anybody notice that QB's get more love in the speed department since Vick ???

Coach C.
08-09-2006, 05:09 PM
the ratings will be coming out by division on ign.com starting tomorrow at noon.

Double Barrel
08-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Man, I'm stoked about Madden '07! The daily Live videos are awesome. I'm really looking forward to the new features on the 360.

tulexan
08-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Is it just me or do some of the players look very disproportionate?

MasterC25
08-09-2006, 08:54 PM
For the record the fastest Linebackers in the league just came into the league as Jon Alston 4.42 (Rams) and Thomas Howard 4.45 4.49 (Raiders) both are 2006 draftees

TFL
08-09-2006, 09:26 PM
For the record the fastest Linebackers in the league just came into the league as Jon Alston 4.42 (Rams) and Thomas Howard 4.45 4.49 (Raiders) both are 2006 draftees

That is forty speed that is not game speed so by that you can not really determine who is faster(game speed).

Coach C.
08-10-2006, 04:13 PM
The official Ratings have been posted go check them out. http://sports.ign.com/articles/724/724760p1.html

TexansLucky13
08-10-2006, 04:17 PM
They game Mario a speed of 85, strength of 75 and awareness of 40?????? I am ever so pissed.

Only three players on our roster are 90+, highest at 92. Where is the EA headquarters at? I am on my way up there as we speak. And it ain't no happy visit, either.

Coach C.
08-10-2006, 04:32 PM
It is located in Redwood California. A real nice place even though they just gave Mario the shaft.

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-10-2006, 04:49 PM
They game Mario a speed of 85, strength of 75 and awareness of 40?????? I am ever so pissed.

Only three players on our roster are 90+, highest at 92. Where is the EA headquarters at? I am on my way up there as we speak. And it ain't no happy visit, either.

Yeah, but they gave him an 86 overall. His speed is about right, his strength should be like 85, but his awareness is about right. He used his athletic ability in college, until he works on his technique and game skill they won't raise it.

kcwilson
08-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Ok, my inner geek just came out, but I think the real shaft is that Carr was given a arm strength of 95 and passing accuracy of 80.

By comparison...

Boller 93 strength and 78 accuracy
Frye 87 strength and 85 accuracy
Alex Smith 86 strength and 87 accuracy
Rivers 86 strength and 93 accuracy
Leftwich 97 strength and 87 accuracy
Garrard 90 strength and 82 accuracy
Volek 88 strength and 89 accuracy
Brooks 94 strength and 81 accuracy
Aaron Walters 94 strength and 84 accuracy
Rosenfels 87 strength and 80 accuracy
Tuiasosopo 85 strength and 78 accuracy
Rex Grossman 89 strength and 90 accuracy
Griese 87 strength and 87 accuracy
Kyle Orton 87 strength and 80 accuracy
Holcomb 82 strength and 87 accuracy
Favre 97 strength 85 accuracy (29 ints last year)
Culpepper 98 strength and 84 accuracy
Harrington 89 strength and 79 accuracy
Delhomme 88 strength and 92 accuracy

Delhomme(3.7%) and Brooks(3.9%) had a higher int rate vs. Carr (2.6%) and lower completion rates: Brooks 55.7%, Delhomme 60.2 %, 60.5% on similar passing attempts but Brooks and Delhomme hasd more yards.

Essentially, EA is stating that Carris one of the least accurate passers around.

Good luck with his cone.

LORK 88
08-10-2006, 08:23 PM
http://sports.ign.com/articles/724/724760p6.html

Not sure if theyve been posted, but entire AFC South . . .

RTP2110
08-10-2006, 08:32 PM

It's because Mario's physical ratings are so high EA had to give him a low awareness rating to keep his overall rating in check. Go through the rosters, and you'll see a ton of good players with terrible AWR ratings. EA uses the AWR to regulate the OVR, if not they would have about 15 players rated 99 OVR.

tulexan
08-10-2006, 09:46 PM
It's because Mario's physical ratings are so high EA had to give him a low awareness rating to keep his overall rating in check. Go through the rosters, and you'll see a ton of good players with terrible AWR ratings. EA uses the AWR to regulate the OVR, if not they would have about 15 players rated 99 OVR.

But why keep his strength so low? They have Antowain Smith and Mark Bruener stronger than Mario. They should lower his catching and carrying abilities, not his awareness and strength.

TexansLucky13
08-10-2006, 10:18 PM
But why keep his strength so low? They have Antowain Smith and Mark Bruener stronger than Mario. They should lower his catching and carrying abilities, not his awareness and strength.

Exactly. I am very well aware of how they use the awareness in Madden. But it is kind of ridiculous for him to be having a strength of 75. But in the end, no matter what.... Mario had to be lower than Reggie Bush. Just had to. EA sucks.

tulexan
08-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Mario had to be lower than Reggie Bush. Just had to. EA sucks.

Well he is being sponsored by EA.

TexansLucky13
08-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Well he is being sponsored by EA.

Well that figures. There should be some kind of law that prohibits them from doing that.

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Exactly. I am very well aware of how they use the awareness in Madden. But it is kind of ridiculous for him to be having a strength of 75. But in the end, no matter what.... Mario had to be lower than Reggie Bush. Just had to. EA sucks.

Who won the Heisman? I forgot

jerek
08-11-2006, 11:18 AM

If we're going to be honest about it, Mario should be equally rated with Bush if not greater. He's every bit, if not more, of the freak of nature at the DE position that Reggie is at RB. IIRC, EA has already publically stated that Mario's measurables would have rated him too highly (91 overall), so they had to scale it back. The 40 DAWR is also a crock; I know he's a rookie out of Maryland, but that seemed low to me.

If we're talking fantasy football league? We're obviously taking Reggie. If we're talking skill ranked by position? ... Mario got robbed.

Titan "Tack" Fan
08-11-2006, 11:57 AM
If we're going to be honest about it, Mario should be equally rated with Bush if not greater. He's every bit, if not more, of the freak of nature at the DE position that Reggie is at RB. IIRC, EA has already publically stated that Mario's measurables would have rated him too highly (91 overall), so they had to scale it back. The 40 DAWR is also a crock; I know he's a rookie out of Maryland, but that seemed low to me.

If we're talking fantasy football league? We're obviously taking Reggie. If we're talking skill ranked by position? ... Mario got robbed.

But see I don't think Mario has that much "skill." I think it's raw athleticism. I think he will develop skill, but right now he's gotta learn to play with his mind as well as his body or he's going to end up like Courtney.

Pac-Man is in the same boat. Great athleticism and ability, just has got to learn football knowledge to become great.

jerek
08-11-2006, 12:03 PM
But see I don't think Mario has that much "skill." I think it's raw athleticism. I think he will develop skill, but right now he's gotta learn to play with his mind as well as his body or he's going to end up like Courtney.

Pac-Man is in the same boat. Great athleticism and ability, just has got to learn football knowledge to become great.

I can agree with that to a point, but without oversimplifying the position or diminishing Mario's skill, (a) there is less "skill" involved in defensive line work, relatively speaking in comparison to other positions, and (b) Mario already is building his repertoire, but you cannot underestimate the importance of his almost peerless athleticism, at that position. The kid is hungry and appears to be catching on well. Since rookie ratings are based on measurables and hypothetical game performance any way, and especially since I am firmly of the belief that Reggie has just as much if not more to learn (same for VY, even moreso) ... I stand by my previous statement. Mario got robbed, comparatively speaking. They should have graded him according to his measurables and weighted other factors (e.g. DAWR) differently to compensate for that higher overall score, if need be, rather than grading his strength so low despite his obvious (combine and practice workouts) power.

I've done a lot of video game programming in my time and I'm aware that no system is perfect and that there will always be debate about fairness/accuracy/reality, and for the most part I agree with most of the EA ratings. It's very difficult to rate everyone accurately, especially comparatively speaking, so I'm not really trying to call their product sucky. Just that IMO, Mario got robbed.

Buckle
08-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Did anyone else notice that there is no Bennie Joppru on the roster??? :hmmm:

Texas
08-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Its already out.

Texas
08-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Error ^ Delete please mods!

TFL
08-11-2006, 07:13 PM

Yea that makes since Reggie wins the Heisman and that means he should be better in the NFL.

Just like when Jason White the QB of Oklahoma in 2003 won the Heisman and he was the best player in the Draft when he came out:rolleyes: .

wicked_wayz
08-11-2006, 11:14 PM
the reason why they rated mario's awareness and strength real low is to bring his overall ratings below 90...cause no rookie shud be rated higher than 87-88, its just the way the game is.......if they made mario's strength an 85(which is where i beleve shoould be at) he'd have an overall rating of 90ish....

mexican_texan
08-11-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm boycotting madden's game this year. I'll get NCAA, NBA Live, or NBA 2k6, though, so EA'll get my money...:crying:

Hulk75
08-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Ratings dont matter..............In the 360 do we get to EDIT players?

DominickDavisFan76
08-12-2006, 12:36 PM
dang dexter mcleon is 81 overall.....and it took us how long to sign him?

Chicagotexan1
08-22-2006, 11:01 AM
I just read that 07 won't have owner mode. WTF?? That's the best part of the game? How can that be? that sucks if it's true. Is it?

jerek
08-22-2006, 02:13 PM
I just read that 07 won't have owner mode. WTF?? That's the best part of the game? How can that be? that sucks if it's true. Is it?

Because EA released Head Coach to incorporate that set of features and wants you to pay for the price of two games, not one.

Cheap move on their part.

GuerillaBlack
08-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Wait...so I can't build my own stadium or set my own prices. So Franchise mode is almost done??

GuerillaBlack
08-22-2006, 02:19 PM

It don't matter with me. I make the players good. If he is at overall 85 beginning of season, expect him to be close to, or at 90 towards the end of the season.

jerek
08-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Wait...so I can't build my own stadium or set my own prices. So Franchise mode is almost done??

Haven't gotten too deep into it but that is my understanding, that yes, no more stadium building. I believe you still manage the team and coaching staff for Franchise. Don't quote me on that though; like I said, I barely cracked it open long enough to get a feel for basic exhibition gameplay.

jerek
08-22-2006, 02:21 PM
It don't matter with me. I make the players good. If he is at overall 85 beginning of season, expect him to be close to, or at 90 towards the end of the season.

I on the other hand will edit the players' ratings appropriately. Then I will worry about improving them. :)

GuerillaBlack
08-22-2006, 02:27 PM
I on the other hand will edit the players' ratings appropriately. Then I will worry about improving them. :)

Do you do Fantasy Draft like me :). It is fun to have Ben Roethlisberger, Julius Peppers, and Priest Holmes on the Texans :). I usually have one file in Fantasy Draft and the other on normal.

jerek
08-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Do you do Fantasy Draft like me :). It is fun to have Ben Roethlisberger, Julius Peppers, and Priest Holmes on the Texans :). I usually have one file in Fantasy Draft and the other on normal.

When I first started playing Madden I did that, but it got too confusing. I like playing the Colts because they have a killer offense; I like playing the Bears because they have a great defense; I like playing every team and knowing who I am going to be playing.

TexansCM
08-22-2006, 03:00 PM
87 -- Reggie Bush's overall rating, the highest for a rookie player in this year's game.

86 -- Mario Williams' overall rating. Oh, snap, Texans! That's the final nail in the coffin. Your decision to pick Williams over Bush is now proven to be wrong without a doubt. Once a video game rates Williams as inferior to Bush, well ... that's the last word. I hope you apologize to your fans for your mistake. And perhaps next year you'll consult with the folks at EA Sports before handing your pick to the commissioner. Morons.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060822

Sorry if this has been posted already.

jerek
08-22-2006, 03:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060822

That was hilarious ... thanks for the read.

Chicagotexan1
08-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Because EA released Head Coach to incorporate that set of features and wants you to pay for the price of two games, not one.

Cheap move on their part.

Man that sucks. Oh well, I'll still get it. Thanks