PDA

View Full Version : Bud Adams being BUD

Koolaid Time
07-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Bud apparently lacks faith in Jeff Fisher... no contract extention..... with the "titans" having an option for 2007.

True, the titans have bit the big one the past couple of years, but Bottom Line Bud did tell them to dump contracts..

But looking at the way Bud treated Bum, I guess Jeff is lucky he still has a job...

Bud is being Bud... he never changes and I'm glad he has hit the road, bad wig and all...

Hervoyel
07-23-2006, 11:42 PM
I don't know if I could honestly say that still being employed by Bud Adams is an example of "Lucky".

Koolaid Time
07-23-2006, 11:45 PM
I don't know if I could honestly say that still being employed by Bud Adams is an example of "Lucky".

Bud is getting up there in age.... who will run the place once he is legally declared non compus mentus... or finally kicks the bucket?

aj.
07-24-2006, 07:01 AM
This sets up a perfect Bud moment. Draft Vince, a charismatic and talented guy who will obviously need time to mature, then whack his head coach and most likely his OC will follow, the next season. I can see the stars aligning.

I think the team goes to a daughter if I'm not mistaken. I'm fuzzy on those details. The original intended heir passed away several years back. Honestly I don't know but would be interested in knowing also.

TEXANRED
07-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Bud is getting up there in age.... who will run the place once he is legally declared non compus mentus... or finally kicks the bucket?
Bud Adams will never die as long as he continues to suck the life out of his fans and players.

But I'm not bitter.:loser

Double Barrel
07-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Jeff Fisher will be a head coach for another NFL team the first year he's let go. Dude is a proven winner and a really great person. I've always enjoyed his interviews and perspective on football. He won't be unemployed for long.

TwinSisters
07-24-2006, 02:05 PM
This sets up a perfect Bud moment. Draft Vince, a charismatic and talented guy who will obviously need time to mature, then whack his head coach and most likely his OC will follow, the next season. I can see the stars aligning.

I think the team goes to a daughter if I'm not mistaken. I'm fuzzy on those details. The original intended heir passed away several years back. Honestly I don't know but would be interested in knowing also.

That's close... daughters and daughter-in-law, but they are not going to do anything as it is written now. Barret is supposedly going to take over until the younger Adams' are ready.
http://titans.mostvaluablenetwork.com/general/after-the-bud-adams-era/

I think Adam's son was a suicide. ( I think .. not sure... I am pretty sure, but not absolutely sure )

Not sure if Bud will close the door on Fisher without Fisher wanting it either
http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=2698