PDA

View Full Version : McClain's report

valleytexfan
07-23-2006, 12:39 AM
On chron.com McClain's audio report promises big things in the Sunday 7/23 edition. Good news is that they'll have the stuff on the website too. Bad news is he mentioned the Cowboys and Titans like he always does and quickly follows it with a "I know Texan fans don't want to hear that." THEN WHY SAY IT???

WiiBrawler
07-23-2006, 12:41 AM
Typical McClain. Replace him with Texans_Chick, then we can look forward to it!

But

GO

TEXANS!
I AM SOOOOO PSYCHED

BigDTexansFan
07-23-2006, 12:44 AM
Typical McClain. Replace him with Texans_Chick, then we can look forward to it!

But

GO

TEXANS!

not to mention Texans Chick looks better than John McClain:yahoo:

WiiBrawler
07-23-2006, 12:44 AM
not to mention Texans Chick looks better than John McClain:yahoo:

Anything is better than that Mustache lol!

BigDTexansFan
07-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Anything is better than that Mustache lol!

not going to go there....LOL:ok:

threetoedpete
07-23-2006, 11:16 AM
not going to go there....LOL:ok:

Yep, you'd be banned for life lol. Yeah well the Comica, er Pravda Houston, threw us a bone this morning. Looks like McClain took a bunch of it off the wire and this site.
Astro's can't pull down a 4.0 share and we're still on the back pages. At least it's a bone. Let me lick the boot that kicks me.:yahoo:

aj.
07-23-2006, 03:56 PM
I loved the 10" tall color picture of T.O. on the same pages as the Texans Training Camp guide ... it's the biggest photo in the spread (yeah, I know it's part of "NFL Notebook" but who cares? I also liked the 14 paragraphs about T.O. and the Cowboys in the Notebook (which takes up nearly half the space of the two page spread. And then there's the lauding of Owens as the best offseason move and the Cowboys as one of three teams to watch in 2006 across the bottom of the page -- the same page as the 'Texans Training Camp special.' Bleh.

TexanSam
07-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Why can't McClain do one show for just the Texans, and then one for the rest of the NFL? Why does he have to combine the two?

edo783
07-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Its been what....like 45 days sense he wrote anything, much less about the Texans? Nice work if you can get it I guess, and then it looks like pretty much a cut N past job. Sure glad he is the one covering the Texans, he does such a wonderfull job.

nunusguy
07-23-2006, 04:58 PM
I loved the 10" tall color picture of T.O. on the same pages as the Texans Training Camp guide ... it's the biggest photo in the spread (yeah, I know it's part of "NFL Notebook" but who cares? I also liked the 14 paragraphs about T.O. and the Cowboys in the Notebook (which takes up nearly half the space of the two page spread. And then there's the lauding of Owens as the best offseason move and the Cowboys as one of three teams to watch in 2006 across the bottom of the page -- the same page as the 'Texans Training Camp special.' Bleh.
I dunno, but sometimes I think the people who run the Chronicle Sports dept just have no concept of diplomacy with the locals. Then again, maybe they just try to annoy the locals who follow the Texans because they enjoy it ?

Texans_Chick
07-23-2006, 06:20 PM

I must invest in a tinfoil hat because that was exactly what I was thinking. I would have preferred ALL Texans stuff and the rest of the page being advertising, over having that non-Texans crud befoul the happiness which is the beginning of camp.

It was nice to see the small plug for the blog though.

If you don't care for the coverage, you know where to send the letters:

readerrep@chron.com

http://blogs.chron.com/aboutchron/

I couldn't find the sportsletters link. I know it is on there somewheres but I can't find it handy.

Thoughtful, reasoned-out letters sometimes get things done.

Texans_Chick
07-23-2006, 06:49 PM
The Richard Justice audiostream is up too.

Most of it doesn't have anything too surprising on it. He had to put in a blast saying that the pick of Williams over Bush was "idiotic." But then later stating the reasons why Kubiak probably did it--that the scoring is on Kubiak to accomplish with the folks we've got.

Texans Pride
07-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Ok, I can't find any of this stuff that McClain said was going to be in the paper and ONLINE. Am I missing something? I am under the sports tab, then the Texans tab. . . All the stuff there is old with the exception of the Kubs changing a 2-14 team.

Vinny
07-23-2006, 07:14 PM
I was pretty dissapointed in this 'preview'. I wasn't expecting much to be honest though.