PDA

View Full Version : Broken arm for Ricky Williams.

Texans_Chick
07-23-2006, 12:48 AM
Link:espn (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2527404)

REGINA, Saskatchewan -- Running back Ricky Williams broke his left arm in the second quarter of the Toronto Argonauts' 26-23 victory over the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Saturday night and is out indefinitely.

Argonauts coach Mike "Pinball" Clemons confirmed the injury but did not specify which bone was broken.

"He has a broken arm, so he's going to be out for a little while," Clemons said.

Williams, who was not available for interviews, left the game midway through the second quarter after a 3-yard gain when he was tackled by several Saskatchewan players, including linebacker Mike McCullough. X-rays taken at a Regina hospital revealed a broken bone.

"He was actually holding himself off the ground," Clemons said of Williams. "He was running with the ball and he was trying to hold himself up, I think. It was a pile of people and we saw him coming down.

"We knew he was hurt when he came off the field. It looked like it was his shoulder [from] the way he was leaning, but it turned out be his arm.

"You're talking about some fortitude. It's a clean break. He just came off quiet, didn't say a thing. Like, I'd have been screaming."

Sorry to hear that.

TexanFan881
07-23-2006, 01:07 AM
Ricky hasn't got any luck since trying to come back. I really hope he can get back into the form he was in a few years ago. He's one really talented player and I'm sure he can get going. I'm one definately rooting for Ricky :redtowel: Get well soon Ricky!

WiiBrawler
07-23-2006, 01:35 AM
I feel sorry for him, I know what having a broken arm is like,Oh well I wish him the best in his recovery

TexanFan881
07-23-2006, 01:48 AM
So much for this helping him "keep in shape".

Scooter
07-23-2006, 02:12 AM
i really feel bad for ricky. i watched the rosebowl, but the best college game i've ever seen is ricky williams vs dat nguyen many years ago during their senior years (in person at kyle field, despite my aggies losing). all that talent flushed on bad decisions and worse friends. ricky really could've been better than payton ... it's a shame he'll be remembered as a "should've been" and a pot head.

i'm drinking & sappy, forgive me .... just one of those real disappointments.

CenTexNative
07-23-2006, 04:23 AM
I have to agree with you on that one Scooter. I thought once Ricky got to Miami he was going to show his full potential.

edo783
07-23-2006, 10:42 AM
I wonder how Miami feels about their dicision to let him go play there now? To bad about the kid, loads of talent and just never got it in full gear. Could have been one of the all time greats IMO, if he could have held it together.

PapaL
07-23-2006, 10:58 AM
As we all know, injuries are part of football. A broken arm is not that bad. I'm sure if he would have to his ACL and MCL then the Dolphins would be kicking themselves. What would concern me is that he hasnt dominated over there (ala Lawrence Phillips a few years back).

Koolaid Time
07-24-2006, 12:53 AM
Ricky hasn't got any luck since trying to come back. I really hope he can get back into the form he was in a few years ago. He's one really talented player and I'm sure he can get going. I'm one definately rooting for Ricky :redtowel: Get well soon Ricky!

Ricky will be OK. Rolling a joint with an arm in a cast may be difficult, but he can probably use a bong instead.....:stirpot:

:francis:

swtbound07
07-24-2006, 12:57 AM
Is it his "lighter" arm? Cause if so that could be costly:crutch:

Hutch13
07-24-2006, 05:42 AM
The guys got talent, but talent can only get you so far as in Rickys Case because you also have to have know whats right from wrong.

Kaiser Toro
07-24-2006, 10:19 AM
It really is to bad, but you must be careful spending a lot of money on RB's from San Diego. Very talented, but risky.

cuppacoffee
07-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Reading between the lines on this Saban quote it doesn't sound like Williams has much future in Miami.

"``We're very supportive of Ricky and the season he's having in Canada. Hopefully, he will have a speedy recovery, and feel certain this setback will not affect his future as a football player.''

It's what he doesn't say...ie his future with the Miami Dolphins.

But that's just the way I interpret it.

Link (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/15113597.htm)

:coffee: