PDA

View Full Version : Is there any possible way...

TheOgre
07-18-2006, 11:38 AM
that we could be as bad or worse than last year? I just don't see how that could be possible.

HOU-TEX
07-18-2006, 11:40 AM
that we could be as bad or worse than last year? I just don't see how that could be possible.

No, we'll beat the titans twice and there'll be another win in there somewhere:)

TexanFan881
07-18-2006, 11:49 AM
No, there's no way. With everything we've done, coaching and player wise, there's no way we only win two games. Not even the media is saying we'll get 2 wins or less, so that's a good sign :)

El Tejano
07-18-2006, 11:53 AM
I've said it before and I will say it again 2-14 feels like 0-16.

texflex513
07-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Nowhere else to go but up. Our O and D should make a climb in rankings and that alone hopefully translates to more than 2 wins.

Runner
07-18-2006, 12:25 PM

Stop. I'm getting sick to my stomach at the idea.

NoBullTexan
07-18-2006, 12:31 PM
What a morbid thread. Just shows how bored we all are with this about to be over with off-season. Hallelujah!! 9 days till training camp and something positive to talk about. Like 8-8 OR BETTER!!! :drool:

TexanFan881
07-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Mathimatically it is possible :lightbulb:

Titan "Tack" Fan
07-18-2006, 01:10 PM

Yes, but I don't see it happening. The only way it could happen is if the new coaching staff doesn't click with their new players. It's a transition year for you guys so something could go awry. I'm still thinking you guys will get 6 or so wins. (mainly because of our insanely hard schedules!)

South Texan
07-18-2006, 02:09 PM
I see one possible scenario for us getting worse...

McNair disolves the franchise in the next week, and Bud Adams moves the Titans back to Houston. :backsout: :ouch: :deadhorse

blockhead83
07-18-2006, 02:29 PM
I think with the right combination of injuries it's possible, but still unlikely. The entire team looked like they gave up last year, I expect them to play much more inspired football under Kubiak and Co.

Frills
07-18-2006, 03:15 PM
no way the Texans can but looking at Miami, the pieces are in place

GP
07-18-2006, 03:55 PM
If our running game does not produce, as Kubiak needs it to, then we will see a lot more of David Carr on his back.

And quite frankly, with DD hurt and Morency reportedly having a sore foot, I am growing more ill day-by-day.

Supposedly, Kubiak or his particular style of offense can produce a RB out of thin air. I hope that's true.

"Get Tom Cruise to use his witchcraft and get us some more RBs!!!!!!!!!!!"

HOU-TEX
07-18-2006, 03:58 PM
If our running game does not produce, as Kubiak needs it to, then we will see a lot more of David Carr on his back.

And quite frankly, with DD hurt and Morency reportedly having a sore foot, I am growing more ill day-by-day.

Supposedly, Kubiak or his particular style of offense can produce a RB out of thin air. I hope that's true.

"Get Tom Cruise to use his witchcraft and get us some more RBs!!!!!!!!!!!"

I bet Lorenzo Highsmith and Mike Rozier are avalable.:yahoo:

Hardcore Texan
07-18-2006, 04:52 PM
I don't think there is anyway we are going to do that bad, we will at least 6 games, I have been predicting 7-9 this whole time. I would be estatic with that or anything better.

kcwilson
07-18-2006, 05:16 PM
With injuries in the NFL, anything is possible... if Carolina could go from 1-15 to a playoff team, then surely a team can remain 2-14 for two years in a row... not that I want us to.

I agree that with a suspect RB core, and one injury to David Carr, we have Sage Rosenfels captaining the ship on offense, with a beat up running game and a new offensive scheme. An injury to Carr in the first half could lead to an 0-6 start with our schedule. After that, anything is possible.

But I want to be the glass is half full guy and think there is little reason to believe that Carr would be injured given his ability to take a pounding. My bigger concern is the running game and the secondary. Earl, Buchanon, Faggins, and Brown need to step up and create some turnovers.

If we can protect Carr, then I think we have a great chance at winning the turnover plus/minus battle and that will lead to a solid 6 to 8 win season.

Dr2bKay
07-18-2006, 05:44 PM
How can things get any worst... If it does...only God can save the Texans from the boos.

Double Barrel
07-18-2006, 05:48 PM

Anything is possible, my friend...we just have to measure probability in our own heads.

While I am optimistic that we will experience a much better season than last year, I'm still tempered by cold, hard reality.

The fact of the matter is that we have a new, first year head coach. We still have holes in our team, and many of the spots that are filled are untested. Our QB has yet to prove his worth after four seasons, which is directly related to having an o-line that actually protects him (we'll see).

Our defense was just as bad as the offense last year, so we've got a lot to prove on that side of the ball, too. Will our no. 1 pick make an impact in his first year? Can our d-line stop the run at all, much less penetrate a pocket and put pressure on a QB? What about our coverage, which made me want to scream in frustration last year?

There are many questions yet to be answered. While I certainly hope with all my being that we have a better season, the fact of the matter is that only time will tell. Anything is possible, though, just remember that. :ok:

Texans_Chick
07-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Ahhh yes, this is why sports is the best in reality programming.

Nobody knows. The experts don't know. Computer simulations don't know.

We get to find out.

houstonhurricane
07-18-2006, 07:27 PM
I just don't see how this team could sink that low. While I could see us with a five win season, anything below four would be extremely disappointing...

Texizgreat
07-18-2006, 08:24 PM
I fell our Win Loss ratio will be directly linked to the Carr to Turf Ratio

60+ sacks 2-3 win team
40-50 sacs 4-5 wins
30-40 sacs 5-6 wins
> 30 sacs 7+ wins

Just a thought

TexansSeminole
07-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Ahhh yes, this is why sports is the best in reality programming.

Nobody knows. The experts don't know. Computer simulations don't know.

We get to find out.

Yea, thats the great thing about it.

But not unless Kubiak suddenly becomes mentally ill will we be as bad as the last year under Capers.