PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens blames media for portrayal

axman40
07-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Terrell Owens blames the media for portraying him as a selfish player, although he admits a tendency of saying things about others that he wouldn't want said about himself.

In an interview with Bryant Gumbel airing Tuesday night on HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel," Owens acknowledges dishing out more criticism than he's willing to take.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060718/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_owens_real_sports;_ylt=AnnxBVtYy3SsLWlz9X43FMp I2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

:baby:

Wharton
07-18-2006, 12:42 AM
What a punk!

HJam72
07-18-2006, 12:53 AM
I admit it, I was a selfish, locker-room killing, scumbag, BUT THEY PROTRAYED ME!!! :tease:

Hutch13
07-18-2006, 01:37 AM
what a punk i wish this topic would just die but TO is trying to promote his book, i saw him on kimmel tonight.

HJam72
07-18-2006, 01:45 AM
Anybody that buys a book written by Terrell Owens is an idiot. :rolleyes:

TexanFan881
07-18-2006, 01:52 AM

Hey, shutup!!!....lol, just kidding. I doubt that book sells many copies compared to other athletes...all though all this controversy could stir up the purchases.

Hutch13
07-18-2006, 03:05 AM
Hey, shutup!!!....lol, just kidding. I doubt that book sells many copies compared to other athletes...all though all this controversy could stir up the purchases.

Well i was listening to 790 kbme espn radio and they said that it is doing horrible, theres a poker book that sold more than TO's book.

powerfuldragon
07-18-2006, 08:53 AM
I saw a huge stack of the things at Sams. Didn't look like there was any kind of dent in the pile.

bigtex77
07-19-2006, 09:06 AM
You guys have no idea how bad I would like to see Dunta light TO's ***** up when we play them. He is truly a piece of crap. :ok:

HOU-TEX
07-19-2006, 11:41 AM
You guys have no idea how bad I would like to see Dunta light TO's ***** up when we play them. He is truly a piece of crap. :ok:

I agree, that jackass doesn't even deserve his name to be on this MB, much less anywhere else. Gawd, now I'm pissed that I even read his name.:crying:

Stampede
07-20-2006, 10:49 AM
I agree, that jackass doesn't even deserve his name to be on this MB, much less anywhere else. Gawd, now I'm pissed that I even read his name.:crying:
Ha Ha, T.O. isnt worth the energy it takes to get mad. Why bother? Last time I checked he wasnt putting any food on my table.

CloakNNNdagger
07-20-2006, 11:56 AM
For those who still think that TO has changed.[The Eureka Reporter]:

He is the most selfish athlete to ever walk the face of the earth, and remember this is an earth that houses some clown called Ryan Leaf.

He has ditched his teammates everywhere he has gone, as well as alienating coaches and players who publicly supported him, and he has acted as a cancer on good teams that go downhill after he joins them and always are worse off after his stay than they were at the start.

Way to go Cowboys!

And are you guys really stupid enough to believe he’s not going to be a distraction at some point this year (he arguably already is), and that he will cost a Super Bowl-contending team a shot at a championship?

Well, I suppose Cowboy fans have been living in denial for the past decade, so what’s another year?

And this week was just another sign of what they can expect with T.O. on board.

He joined the team saying everything was going to be different and that all his problems were behind him, and how the Cowboys were great and wonderful and they were all going to live happily ever after.

And then we heard how Bill Parcells would keep him in line, and how T.O. would benefit from having an experienced, pass-happy quarterback like Drew Bledsoe.

Yeah, right.

This week was the first indication that nothing has changed with T.O. and that nothing will be different this time around.

Why? Because T.O. is the most self-centered athlete on the planet, and that will never change, and because of that, he will continue to be a distraction on any sideline.

Seriously, how do you think T.O. is going to react when an inconsistent Bledsoe has his inevitable inconsistent streak next season?

And how do you think T.O. will react when the Cowboys inevitably lose a game or five in the toughest division in all of pro sports right now?

And how do you think T.O. will react when he inevitably realizes he will not be the centerpiece of a Bill Parcells run-first-at-all-costs mentality no matter what childish tantrums he throws on the sideline of an important game?

And how do you think Bill Parcells will eventually react?

He’ll cut him quicker than the Thanksgiving turkey they won’t get to share together, and when all is said and done, T.O. wouldn’t have it any other way.

After all, that would put him squarely back in the spotlight once again, where all the media will be eyeing his every move.

I just hope those mean people don’t portray him as being selfish, the poor guy.

For the rest of the article: a must read (http://www.eurekareporter.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?ArticleID=13105)

Bullpen Drew
07-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Owens is going to be nice to the team but just wait til the middle of the season when he turns into "me, me, me"

thunderkyss
07-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Men from the boys...... that's what T.O. does.. he seperates men from boys. punks don't play football, and primadonnas shoudn't for very long either.

As my first witness, I'd like to call San Francisco to the bench.......

Does anyone believe the '49ers were on the way to the SuperBowl when T.O. was Terrell?? when he was barely a thought on that team with Jerry Rice.
How good were they doing when they moved into the Jeff Garcia..... Steve Mariucci years??
The Mooch is the most overated coach ever........... ever. & it was Terrell who tried to tell him to do something about his QB...... what did Mooch do?? he ignored him... took the QBs side.... what was poor T.O. to do??

Then...... there's philly........ McNabb....... I'm telling you the problem is McNabb. As long as they keep thinking T.O. was the problem, they are going to spin into oblivion for years to come....... just like SanFrancisco is still trying to figure out what their problem is, after they've ended up letting Mooch and Garcia go....... both who've gone on to ruin other teams......

They could've got rid of them two years ago, and still have one of the top three recievers in the game.

Philly........ I'm telling you it's like this. Either Andy Reid gets mad, at Donavon, and put him in his place, or the Eagles will be looking up at the Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants for years to come.

Steersnqueers
07-30-2006, 09:02 PM
hes a moron.. I hope he finally grows up and gives the team he's with a legit shot without the added drama.. Just play TO.. just play!

Koolaid Time
07-30-2006, 10:29 PM

How many crayons come with T.O.'s book??

flylikeaneagle
07-31-2006, 01:03 PM
a person who misquotes himself in his own book. LOL! The guy is a tool.

powerfuldragon
07-31-2006, 01:04 PM
a person who misquotes himself in his own book. LOL! The guy is a tool.
jealous?

flylikeaneagle
07-31-2006, 01:06 PM
jealous?

Jealous that I do not have my own book? Hell yeah.

Double Barrel
07-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Then...... there's philly........ McNabb....... I'm telling you the problem is McNabb.

I don't know, man....four consecutive NFC Championship games and a Superbowl appearance...I wouldn't mind having those stats with our QB.

The problems you mentioned with TO's previous teams might very well have merit. But, there is a mature way to deal with these situations, and TO has never taken the high road to accomplish his agendas.

We shall see how he reacts in Dallas.

flylikeaneagle
07-31-2006, 01:12 PM
I don't know, man....four consecutive NFC Championship games and a Superbowl appearance...I wouldn't mind having those stats with our QB.

The problems you mentioned with TO's previous teams might very well have merit. But, there is a mature way to deal with these situations, and TO has never taken the high road to accomplish his agendas.

McNabb is a great player and always fun to watch on the field and off the field. Owens did not like the fact it is McNabb's team. Owens is a cancer and glad the Eagles got rid of it.

Double Barrel
07-31-2006, 01:15 PM
McNabb is a great player and always fun to watch on the field and off the field. Owens did not like the fact it is McNabb's team. Owens is a cancer and glad the Eagles got rid of it.

This is my opinion, as well. I've always had a lot of respect for McNabb and wished him the best, especially since he's a division rival of the Cowpokes.

I hope DM has his best season yet, just to put TO in his place. I'm not a fan of selfish players in a team sport.

flylikeaneagle
07-31-2006, 01:19 PM
This is my opinion, as well. I've always had a lot of respect for McNabb and wished him the best, especially since he's a division rival of the Cowpokes.

I hope DM has his best season yet, just to put TO in his place. I'm not a fan of selfish players in a team sport.

Not a fan of those type of players either. Owens is a great WR but they guy is a mess. He might be okay for the Cowpukes for the first year (I doubt it thought) but as soon as things start getting a little sloppy with the plays - he will throw a fit and it will spiral downward. Jones has Parcells on a leash and Owens could punch Parcells in the face and they would not do anything about it. lol

CloakNNNdagger
07-31-2006, 01:30 PM
If there is anyone out there that is stymied by the fact that the media were the ones to have to point out the "misquote"............youv'e also got to believe that TO can read. Well there's a reason he carries a pen in his sock. He's still trying to find any opportunity he can to practice his cursive.

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/nfl/2002/1014/photo/s_towens_i.jpg

thunderkyss
07-31-2006, 01:36 PM

True that....... McNabb is pobably the best QB in the NFC..... I'm not arguing that..... but just like Peyton Manning screws it up for Indy in the Playoffs, McNabb chokes in the big games........... They lost IMHO all the NFC championship games(save the last one) because of a McNabb Mistake...... they'll have the game in hand, and he'll do something stupid.... trying to force the ball somewhere, or trying to throw it away, without looking to where he's throwing it away.

The SuperBowl....... McChunky wasn't ready to play....... he lost that game for them, even though Owens did everything he could to put his team in a position to win.

Sure he doesn't take the high road........ but screw the high road. If Andy Ried would do his job(and I'm assuming he isn't, and that's the reason TO handled things the way he did), then Terrell wouldn't have to.

We see it all the time....... Moss jumping on Cullpepper(another favorite of mine...... both of them really). Everybody wants to blame Moss.... when he did the same thing Mr. Class(Carter) did. two years later..... oh the problem is Tice....... They should've got rid of Tice two years ago(who took Denny Greens team to the playoffs) and they'd still have a healthy stable of talent on the team, and not a bunch of sex crazed derilicts.

& if anybody needed a coach to be a coach, and not his friend, it was/is Aaron Brooks..... That team should've been to the SuperBowl by now.... They've had it all on both sides of the ball..... just throwing away talent like Darren Howard, Ricky Williams, Mark Fields, Joe Johnson, Kyle Turly(another headcase I know)...... just giving it away..... and they couldn't win a game to save their Stadium......

It's my contention.... that the coach needs to make it clear... the QB is off limits...... on the field, and on the sidelines.. but to make that happen, he has to be the one to jump in his s4it.... Only the coach can correct the QB. He is the leader on the field.

Andy Ried should have stopped that TO thing along time ago..... but he waited for the players to sort it out, and it just kept getting more and more out of hand...... Because McNabb took the high road....... a DE who didn't even play for the team anymore actually had to challenge Terrell........ ridiculous...

thunderkyss
07-31-2006, 01:43 PM

Forget that.......

if you've got an Owens, Steve Smith, Joe Horn, Irvin, Andre, Keyshawn, Moss, Chad Johnson on your team, and that guy gets open..... you put the ball in his hands, it's that simple.

If he keeps coming back to the huddle, saying "dude, I'm open" then believe it. that's 6 points right there... they talk a lot of noise(Andre & Keyshawn excepted) but they back it up on the field.

I purposely put Key & Andre on that list........ everybody wants to talk about the high road, and players like Harrison, Holt, Andre, get's mentioned. They all happen to be on teams, where the coach & QB have designated them as the #1 option. So they're lucky........ but look what happened to Key with the Cowboys....... almost forgotten, because he was being Mr Nice guy..... If Drew would throw him the ball(even though he is covered by a 5'8" DB) the Cowboys would've won a lot more games in '06.......

HowBoutThemCowboys!
07-31-2006, 11:37 PM
Fellas', Terrell will do just fine down here in Valley Ranch. He is ready for a clean slate, he got everything off his chest with his new book, Terrell is a changed man. I actually appreciate the reporters peppering Terrell with questions, with each question, comes more motivation, more knowing what he did in the past was wrong, more knowing there is consequences. Right here, right now, he change that, he has a chance to genuinely right some wrongs, prove people wrong, and the Cowboys back to their rightful place among the NFL's elite, retiring a Cowboy.

Not only does Terrell improve the receving corps, he improves the running game dramatically, as defenses will be forced to focus a substantial about of their front seven on Terrell, leaving Julius Jones primed for a breakout season. It also doesn't hurt that he can run block quite. In addition, it actually helps the corners as well. Each day in practice, they line up against one of the NFL's best receiver, with over 5,000 spectators watching they're every move, it'll make them battle ready, and always on full alert.

Hervoyel
07-31-2006, 11:43 PM
TO is like some kind of mutant poster child for everything that I don't like about todays NFL. The day he retires I'll celebrate. Should he find himself inducted into the HOF I'll boycott coverage of that particular HOF weekend.

He's a brilliant reciever but he doesn't add to the sport, he takes away from it.

CloakNNNdagger
07-31-2006, 11:50 PM
TO is like some kind of mutant poster child for everything that I don't like about todays NFL. The day he retires I'll celebrate. Should he find himself inducted into the HOF I'll boycott coverage of that particular HOF weekend.

He's a brilliant reciever but he doesn't add to the sport, he takes away from it.

Could not have said it any better.

flylikeaneagle
08-01-2006, 12:00 AM
[QUOTE=HowBoutThemCowboys!]Fellas', Terrell will do just fine down here in Valley Ranch. He is ready for a clean slate, QUOTE]

That is as far as I got because it was like a flashback of when he came to Philly. I warned the Philly fans about him but they said that same thing that you are saying. All I can say is good luck with that jerk. I think he will be happy there because Jones will pay him anything he wants.... he has the NFL power to do that but he will cause problems. Wait and see. If you think somebody like that will change, you need to have your head examined. Philly nust have passed the kool-aid down to Dallas.

GuerillaBlack
08-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Would any of you like T.O. on the Texans? I think his athletic ability would help, but his attitude will get him kicket out of the H.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-01-2006, 01:08 AM
[QUOTE=HowBoutThemCowboys!]Fellas', Terrell will do just fine down here in Valley Ranch. He is ready for a clean slate, QUOTE]

That is as far as I got because it was like a flashback of when he came to Philly. I warned the Philly fans about him but they said that same thing that you are saying. All I can say is good luck with that jerk. I think he will be happy there because Jones will pay him anything he wants.... he has the NFL power to do that but he will cause problems. Wait and see. If you think somebody like that will change, you need to have your head examined. Philly nust have passed the kool-aid down to Dallas.

The difference between his entrance to Dallas as opposed to Philly, was he expirenced real consequences, e.g an 11 game suspension.. Before in SF he was young and brash, but really didn't felt any pressure to shut-up.. After being asked about countless questions of the whole fiasco in Philly, Terrell is tired of it, and ready to prove the media wrong.. He's probably been asked 20 times, about the same concerns of yours, like how he'll "blow up" in the 2nd season, or midway through, but Terrell just smiles, and with each one of those comments and questions, he's going to be less and less prone to being a jerk.

btw, We're not using kool-aid in February to dump on the Tuna, it's called Gatorade.

flylikeaneagle
08-01-2006, 04:52 AM
[QUOTE=flylikeaneagle]

The difference between his entrance to Dallas as opposed to Philly, was he expirenced real consequences, e.g an 11 game suspension.. Before in SF he was young and brash, but really didn't felt any pressure to shut-up.. After being asked about countless questions of the whole fiasco in Philly, Terrell is tired of it, and ready to prove the media wrong.. He's probably been asked 20 times, about the same concerns of yours, like how he'll "blow up" in the 2nd season, or midway through, but Terrell just smiles, and with each one of those comments and questions, he's going to be less and less prone to being a jerk.

btw, We're not using kool-aid in February to dump on the Tuna, it's called Gatorade.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Good luck with that but if you think your team is going to the Superbowl this year, you are living in a fantasy world. Wow. Frickin' cockroaches.

Dawkins
08-01-2006, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=HowBoutThemCowboys!]

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Good luck with that but if you think your team is going to the Superbowl this year, you are living in a fantasy world. Wow. Frickin' cockroaches.

No one's ever accused Cowboys fans of being logical or intelligent. I love what I'm reading and hearing from them as they jump on the Me-O Bandwagon. Sounds eerily familiar... but I can't quite place it! :rolleyes:

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Sorta missquoted me there Dawkins...

The Cowboys have really look to be a solid team this season. Their defensive front seven is absolutely beastly with DeMarcus Ware and Bobby Carpenter anchoring the outside, while Akkin Ayodelle and Brady James (both had 100+ tackles last season) take the inside. Their cornerbacks are all solid with young gun Terence Newman and proven veteran Anthony Henry.. On top of this, you got veteran Aaron Glenn who takes care of nickel packages. Roy Williams is an animal at strong safety, while there'll be an excellent traning camp battle for the FS spot between FA pickup Marcus Coleman, last year's training camp standout Justin Beriault, and last year's starter Keith Davis.

On offense, don't get me started on their WRs.. Bring in Terrell Owens a big playmaker, teams will double cover him every single play, which leaves an already 1,200+ receiver Terry Glenn on one on one coverages almost every play. You also got a very solid, young #3 WR in Patrick Crayton. All of their RBs have loads of potential with Julius Jones ready for a break-out year, while solid backups Marion Barber and Tyson Thompson wait in the wings.. The O-line won't be a problem at all.. They'll look like they did before Flozell Adams got injured last year, as Adams will be back being supported by huge FA pick ups Jason Fabini, Kyle Kosier, and Mark Colombo. Not to mention with a solid rookie of last year- Rob Pettiti... Drew Bledsoe will be fine, all the tools are around him, he just needs to take advantage of the situation, especially with 2-time Pro Bowler TE Jason Witten.

Oh yeah, they also got the most efficient kicker in NFL history in Mike Vanderjact.. Dallas would of won at least 3 more games last year if they had a decent kicker.. I'm not saying they would of gone all the way to the Super Bowl, but if they did make it they would of made it some damage in the playoffs.. Just look at all the teams who made it in the NFC playoffs last year:

Panthers- Beat them
Redskins- wk 2 MNF... ahhh man.
Seattle- Lost in closing seconds of game, last play of the game 13-10
TB- Would of made mince meat out of Chris Simms if we played
NY- Beat em'
Bears- Please... if you put em' in the NFC East they would of had no chance..

Go ahead flylikeaneagle and name call me a "cockroach", we'll just let it play on the field.

thunderkyss
08-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Cowboys vs Philly...............

my money's on the 'boys...... w/Terrell dancing in the Star at least 3 times.

flylikeaneagle
08-01-2006, 04:16 PM
I honestly think they will split this year. Philly winning in Philly and losing in Dallas. Just do not jump on the Owens bandwagon yet. Take it from the people who have been there. Just warning you. This Eagles team is better than the 2004 team even without Owens but you never know what might happen with injuries and so forth.

My money is on Philly beating Dallas and taking the division.

I just hope the media doesn't start jumping on the Philly bandwagon. I love being the underdog.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9575542

real
08-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Philly won't beat Dallas at all this year, and I for one think that Donavan has seen his 1 superbowl...

flylikeaneagle
08-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Philly won't beat Dallas at all this year, and I for one think that Donavan has seen his 1 superbowl...

good. :shades:

southernmiss89
08-01-2006, 07:04 PM
just like mcnair --- he was overrated

flylikeaneagle
08-01-2006, 07:06 PM
I hope Philly sweeps Dallas, can't stand 'em. I also hope that Dawkins crushes TO on the 50 yd line star.

Look forward to Week 1 Philly fans.:redtowel:

Hell yeah. I really think Houstonian Michael Lewis will be the one who will lay him out. :shades:

TexansLucky13
08-01-2006, 07:13 PM
I hope Philly sweeps Dallas, can't stand 'em. I also hope that Dawkins crushes TO on the 50 yd line star.

I agree with this. I would like to see TO sprawled out on the star.

Although I don't see the Eagles at a SB this year, I believe they will take division.My prediction for this years SB is Panthers v. Colts. Peyton will arrive at the big game and leave without a victory, which will officially label him as Dan Marino II.

Good luck to Philly, though. McNabb is a good guy, even though I was happy to see him fall to the Brady Bunch in his first SB appearance. Nothing personal, but I have liked the Patriots since before the Texans were even thought of.

As for TO... it's so typical that there is always someone else to blame for his actions. Good grief... I feel sorry for the Cowgirls already.

flylikeaneagle
08-01-2006, 07:16 PM
I agree with this. Although I don't see the Eagles at a SB this year, I believe they will take division.

My prediction for this years SB is Panthers v. Colts. Peyton will arrive at the big game and leave without a victory, which will officially label him as Dan Marino II.

Good luck to Philly, though. McNabb is a good guy, even though I was happy to see him fall to the Brady Bunch in his first SB appearance. Nothing personal, but I have liked the Patriots since before the Texans were even thought of.

As for TO... it's so typical that there is always someone else to blame for his actions. Good grief... I feel sorry for the Cowgirls already.

I can understand that and that is cool. I can see the Panthers making it this year also. They are looking tough. I think this will be the year the NFC wins the SB and I would love to see Manning break down and lose it.

TexansLucky13
08-01-2006, 07:21 PM
I can understand that and that is cool. I can see the Panthers making it this year also. They are looking tough. I think this will be the year the NFC wins the SB and I would love to see Manning break down and lose it.

I believe that may be the case. I love the AFC. There are only a few AFC teams I dislike, while at the same time there are only a few NFC teams I do like (the Bucs being one of them, which is why I wasn't bummed when they won theirs). I think the AFC dominance has finally waned enough so that it's truely up for grabs.

The teams who once defined the AFC era are now on the downhill, IMO. Unfortunately the Patriots are on that list, but they are still contenders for at least another year. Belichick will have to retire before the AFC East becomes a tossup.

Double Barrel
08-01-2006, 07:35 PM
I like the unmitigated support of Cowboys fans on the TO bandwagon. Since they have their heads in the clouds, they have that much further to fall. ;)

I couldn't get a Cowboys fan to even admit that TO was a good WR a couple of years ago because of their hatred for him. Now, though, he's Mr. Cowboy and can do no wrong. :neener:

WWJD
08-02-2006, 08:49 AM
Oh I've always thought Terrell was a scary good player.

And in retrospect I know that that was really incredible that he played in that SB and played as well as he did considering his injury and all. He surprised me there.

CloakNNNdagger
08-03-2006, 01:04 AM
It's early and it's just TC, but...... (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4090667.html) what happens if Bledsoe continues to be able to connect more easily with the other WRs and not so consistently with TO?

"That's what those drills are for, No. 1 to get our timing down and obviously for me to get some balls in my hands so I can get familiar with his touch," Owens said.

I'm trying to take in this picture.........and it's not very pretty.:backsout:

WWJD
08-03-2006, 08:38 AM
It's early and it's just TC, but...... (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4090667.html) what happens if Bledsoe continues to be able to connect more easily with the other WRs and not so consistently with TO?

Huh? All he said was they were working on drills and he's trying to learn how Drew throws. Isn't that what any WR would do on any team with a QB that is new to him? Maybe like Moulds and Carr? Don't you think they might spend some extra time in drills?

CloakNNNdagger
08-03-2006, 08:49 AM
Huh? All he said was they were working on drills and he's trying to learn how Drew throws. Isn't that what any WR would do on any team with a QB that is new to him? Maybe like Moulds and Carr? Don't you think they might spend some extra time in drills?

I think you misssed my tongue-in-cheek........
"That's what those drills are for, No. 1 to get our timing down and obviously for me to get some balls in my hands so I can get familiar with his touch," Owens said.

WWJD
08-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Yep. Missed it entirely.

MightyTExan
08-03-2006, 09:07 PM
This is nuts. I just went to MSNBC's NFL page. The first 5 headlines are all about TO.
Tweaked Hammy- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14173800/
Bledsoe/TO http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14158079/
McNabb/TO http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14151371/
And 2 video links.

WTF??

FILO_girl
08-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Oh lordy! This thread is quite the side tickler for me. First, a Cowbelle fervently defends 'ol TO as a 'totally changed man' then DB cracks that their fans have their heads in the clouds (not the location I would have suspected).

God I love this board. :brickwall :crying: :francis: :redtowel: Where else can you get this range of emotion in Battle Red? (I was limited to 4 smilies, had 8 on the first posting attempt)

CloakNNNdagger
08-05-2006, 12:32 AM
TO is missing some practices with a hammy. (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/football/4095906.html)

CloakNNNdagger
08-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Parcells evidently getting impatient (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2543806)

A nagging hamstring injury in early August doesn't even crack the top 10 of Owens incidents -- but little things could be starting to pile up, such as turning to his own medical team instead of those provided by the team.

It's worth noting that many of the specialists he's summoned were among those who helped him recover from an ankle injury to play in the February 2005 Super Bowl. But he contradicts the new team-friendly attitude he says he has adopted when he says, "I have to do what's best for me regardless of what anybody thinks."

PFT's take (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm) on the article:

POSTED 5:55 a.m. EDT, August 9, 2006
TUNA PRIVATELY SAYING "I TOLD YOU SO"

As Cowboys coach Bill Parcells publicly proclaims that there is no controversy regarding T.O.'s bad hamstring and/or his decision to bring his own training staff to camp to help get it healed, we're hearing that the Tuna privately is telling folks "I told you so" as to the decision to bring Owens to town.

Owens said during a June 11 interview on ESPN that he didn't talk to Parcells until early May, roughly six weeks after signing a three-year, $25 million contract with the Cowboys. That revelation has fueled the belief that Owens was signed without the input of the veteran head coach.

Part of the current problem, we're told, is that Parcells "hates guys who don't play with pain." Though hamstring injuries can be tricky, they also can be stretched and treated and otherwise managed in a manner that allows the guy to get some reps as the muscle heals.

But Parcells chose his words carefully on Tuesday, conscious of the controversy that would be stirred up if he were to rip Owens or (as he did a decade ago when Terry Glenn was slowed by a training camp hamstring injury) refer to him as "she."

"If the player is telling you that he has something bothering him, then you have to give the player the benefit of the doubt," Parcells told reporters on Tuesday. "At some point in time it's going to be prohibitive. But that's not now. That shouldn't be the story today."

Read that one again and ask yourself, would Bill Parcells give any other player the "benefit of the doubt" regarding a phantom hamstring injury that showed no damage via an MRI scan?

Unlikely. However, Parcells is indeed keenly aware that his characteristic candor would then be used to stir up a response from Owens, sparking a potential escalation. "I'm getting the sense that most of the media is just waiting for something to be controversial in that regard," Parcells said. "And I'm here to tell you, it's not going to happen from me. So you need to get that in your head. OK?"

The real question, as we see it, is how much longer Parcells can continue to give Owens special treatment. Sooner or later, the Tuna will put his foot down (and/or up T.O.'s ass). In a weird way, then, the media's anticipation of a blowup is providing Owens cover.

For now.

Our view? Unless Owens gets his butt back onto the practice field soon, Parcells eventually won't be able to ignore his own nature.

WWJD
08-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Terrell's problem has never been getting him on the field but rather how he acts once he's there.

He has a tremendous work ethic and I think he always has; no matter what team he was on.

That's NEVER been his problem.

Dawkins
08-10-2006, 01:42 PM
TO is already flirting with injury? Shocking.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/30/babygv2.jpg

It's kind of a relief that the ESPN circus has descended on the Cowboys and TO. This has to be some kind of a record for him. The preseason hasn't even started for them yet and he's already taken all of the spotlight for himself. ESPN will not stop and will not go away until they get TO to say something incredibly stupid. It's going to happen.

El Tejano
08-10-2006, 01:47 PM
All of this was a smart marketing move by Jerry Jones. He knew that TO would be on the face of ESPN with that star right behind it. This was a business move with the possible chance that it could look like a great football move. If it works, I think Philadelphia and all of us know how good it can work. If it doesn't, hey TO has a bad attitude and he is a selfish player but Dallas was willing to take the chance.

MightyTExan
08-10-2006, 02:00 PM
The TO show is officially in town. So he's not feeling good enought to work out with the team, but he has his own little side show away from the team.Didn't he pull that crap in Philly?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5856686
OXNARD, Calif. (AP) - Terrell Owens ran hard, made cuts and came to some quick stops while catching passes Wednesday, but did so during a post-practice session with a fourth-string quarterback, not with the rest of the Dallas Cowboys starters.
Owens capped his workout by hauling in a long pass at the back of the end zone, slowing immediately to make sure he stayed in bounds, then walked to the locker room. He didn't stop to talk to reporters, only saying his sore left hamstring felt "better."

He missed two practices Wednesday, the ninth and 10th since he first felt the twinge Aug. 2.

Owens has never had a hamstring problem before. An MRI taken Saturday showed no damage, but he's concerned enough to have flown in his own doctors, trainers and an oxygen chamber that speeds recovery. He's also said the injury likely will keep him out of the preseason opener Saturday night in Seattle.

Despite that prognosis, coach Bill Parcells did not include Owens among the players he said wouldn't be suiting up for the game.

"I just don't know for sure," Parcells said. "I haven't talked to him about it."

Later, Parcells said, "I guess it would look like" he isn't going to play because Owens has gone so long without practicing.
During the team's morning practice, Owens stepped up his rehab work, aggressively running forward and backward while being tugged by a resistance band. He also did more stretches and leg lifts than in recent days.

When practice ended, he even jogged from his stationary bicycle to the team huddle, a trek he's almost always made at a more leisurely pace.

Once most players left the field, he jogged to catch some balls from receivers coach Todd Haley. He reached back for a nice one-handed grab and another time sped up to try tracking down an overthrow. He almost always slowed quickly after passes arrived.

Then quarterback Matt Baker took over and Owens stepped up the intensity.

He made another impressive one-handed catch on a slant, took about four stutter steps then cut left on another route and did the same thing going right the next time. Between passes, he did some yoga-like stretches that included making his torso and right leg parallel to the ground, thus forcing all his weight on his left leg.

What did Parcells think of it all?

"Didn't watch that," he said.

CloakNNNdagger
08-10-2006, 02:28 PM
The TO show is officially in town. So he's not feeling good enought to work out with the team, but he has his own little side show away from the team.Didn't he pull that crap in Philly?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5856686
OXNARD, Calif. (AP) - Terrell Owens ran hard, made cuts and came to some quick stops while catching passes Wednesday, but did so during a post-practice session with a fourth-string quarterback, not with the rest of the Dallas Cowboys starters.
Owens capped his workout by hauling in a long pass at the back of the end zone, slowing immediately to make sure he stayed in bounds, then walked to the locker room. He didn't stop to talk to reporters, only saying his sore left hamstring felt "better."

He missed two practices Wednesday, the ninth and 10th since he first felt the twinge Aug. 2.

Owens has never had a hamstring problem before. An MRI taken Saturday showed no damage, but he's concerned enough to have flown in his own doctors, trainers and an oxygen chamber that speeds recovery. He's also said the injury likely will keep him out of the preseason opener Saturday night in Seattle.

Despite that prognosis, coach Bill Parcells did not include Owens among the players he said wouldn't be suiting up for the game.

"I just don't know for sure," Parcells said. "I haven't talked to him about it."

Later, Parcells said, "I guess it would look like" he isn't going to play because Owens has gone so long without practicing.During the team's morning practice, Owens stepped up his rehab work, aggressively running forward and backward while being tugged by a resistance band. He also did more stretches and leg lifts than in recent days.

When practice ended, he even jogged from his stationary bicycle to the team huddle, a trek he's almost always made at a more leisurely pace.

Once most players left the field, he jogged to catch some balls from receivers coach Todd Haley. He reached back for a nice one-handed grab and another time sped up to try tracking down an overthrow. He almost always slowed quickly after passes arrived.

Then quarterback Matt Baker took over and Owens stepped up the intensity.

He made another impressive one-handed catch on a slant, took about four stutter steps then cut left on another route and did the same thing going right the next time. Between passes, he did some yoga-like stretches that included making his torso and right leg parallel to the ground, thus forcing all his weight on his left leg.

What did Parcells think of it all?

"Didn't watch that," he said.

Parcells is coming across indifferent while biting his tongue big time. It is quite clear that probably STRETCH has given TO the OK to make his own calls......Wait till Parcells tells him that he is not ready for a game (when TO feels that HI IS) or takes him out when he sees that he is not doing well

cuppacoffee
08-10-2006, 04:18 PM
[/B]

Parcells is coming across indifferent while biting his tongue big time. It is quite clear that probably STRETCH has given TO the OK to make his own calls......Wait till Parcells tells him that he is not ready for a game (when TO feels that HI IS) or takes him out when he sees that he is not doing well

Parcells looks and sounds like a guy who had decided: the hell with it, :hairpull:..the end of this year I'm leaving this circus and its clowns to its ringmaster jerruh...:worm:

:coffee:

WWJD
08-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Parcells looks and sounds like a guy who had decided: the hell with it, :hairpull:..the end of this year I'm leaving this circus and its clowns to its ringmaster jerruh...:worm:

I've read and heard that same thing for the last 3 years and he came back.

Actually both Bill and Jerry say they work very well together. And when has Coach Parcells ever looked happy or sounded that way?

He loves the game; he came back for the big check and he loves the spotlight.

He might leave for reasons like health or age but I don't think Jerry will be the cause.

cuppacoffee
08-11-2006, 12:02 PM
I've read and heard that same thing for the last 3 years and he came back.

Actually both Bill and Jerry say they work very well together. And when has Coach Parcells ever looked happy or sounded that way?

He loves the game; he came back for the big check and he loves the spotlight.

He might leave for reasons like health or age but I don't think Jerry will be the cause.

TO will cause Parcells to age and get ill very quickly.:rolleyes:

He hasn't had the TO cancer on his team the last 3 years, I think you are underestimating the damage he will do to your team.
( do no mistake my saying this as concern for your team, I will love the coming implosion)

Have you ever heard the old saying " those who do not learn from their mistakes (in this case the mistake of others) are doomed to repeat them"

I have never seen Parcells be so careful in choosing his words as he does now in discussing TO.

If you cannot see/hear the extra effort Parcells is putting into his comments about TO to keep from offending someone, (either jerruh or TO) then you are not listening. That is not Parcells style and you know it.

In Parcells last news conference he had the appearence of a coach that has been neutered. Lost his manhood so to speak.

TO was jerruhs call, I hope he likes him, it's going to cost him his coach.
Doesn't really matter though as I feel his best days as a coach are well in the past. JMHO though.

WWJD
08-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Bill hasn't really changed much in the years he's been with the Cowboys..he always sounds unhappy to me, he's always criticizing, he's never happy.

Like I've said people have been saying every single offseason that he's done, he's leaving, Jerry has done this, he hates Jerry, Jerry hates him, and so forth.

Sure he'll leave one year. He's not a young man and I know last year after his brother died even he said he wasn't sure about how much longer he is going to coach.

I think with Terrell it's a one year experiment; it's really up to Terrell; don't think he's going to walk all over Bill; nobody does that and if it works it does and if it doesn't it doesn't.

Bill isn't paying the tab after all and he's certainly dealt with malcontents before and will no matter how long he coaches.

I imagine Jerry already has the next coach picked out. I've heard Charlie Weiss. Hope I spelled that right.

And for the record I wouldn't have signed Terrell if I was in their place.

But they didn't call and ask me so it's out of my hands.

cuppacoffee
08-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Bill hasn't really changed much in the years he's been with the Cowboys..he always sounds unhappy to me, he's always criticizing, he's never happy.

Like I've said people have been saying every single offseason that he's done, he's leaving, Jerry has done this, he hates Jerry, Jerry hates him, and so forth.

Sure he'll leave one year. He's not a young man and I know last year after his brother died even he said he wasn't sure about how much longer he is going to coach.

I think with Terrell it's a one year experiment; it's really up to Terrell; don't think he's going to walk all over Bill; nobody does that and if it works it does and if it doesn't it doesn't.

Bill isn't paying the tab after all and he's certainly dealt with malcontents before and will no matter how long he coaches.

I imagine Jerry already has the next coach picked out. I've heard Charlie Weiss. Hope I spelled that right.

And for the record I wouldn't have signed Terrell if I was in their place.

But they didn't call and ask me so it's out of my hands.

"he's always criticizing, he's never happy."

I do not read Dallas newspapers or visit dallas MB's. Could you furnish an example of him critizing TO since he has been on the team?

Furthermore........Now you've done it, you have gone too far. :penalty:.. :D

:hunter:.. WWJD

Charlie Weis (one s) is a self proclaimed Domer for life.

All kidding aside, I'm an Irish/Weis fan but last year didn't prove a lot.

What seemed like a tough schedule at the first of the year turned out to be not so tough. Played USC down to the wire but treated rudely by tOSU.

Brady Quinn is the real deal. Hope he goes anywhere but dallas.

WWJD
08-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Didn't know how to spell Charlie's last name and I'm far too lazy to look it up but his name has been passed around alot in Dallas as a Bill successor.

Of course when it comes to picking head coaches for any team you'll hear names of anybody and everybody but his name I've heard alot.

Seems to me I recollect he was a Bill guy but maybe I'm wrong on that as well. A former coach that worked with Bill that is.

No I cannot furnish an example of Bill criticizing Terrell but he's never happy with practice, the guys aren't working hard, the team looks bad, that's just the way BILL TALKS...about life in general as a matter of fact.

He's one of the grumpiest men walking.

And the only thing I know about Brady Quinn is he has a beautiful sister...at least that's what the guy told me that I know that is a ND fan says..he never mentions Brady but goes on and on about his sister. Men!

HOU-TEX
08-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Didn't know how to spell Charlie's last name and I'm far too lazy to look it up but his name has been passed around alot in Dallas as a Bill successor.

Of course when it comes to picking head coaches for any team you'll hear names of anybody and everybody but his name I've heard alot.

Seems to me I recollect he was a Bill guy but maybe I'm wrong on that as well. A former coach that worked with Bill that is.

No I cannot furnish an example of Bill criticizing Terrell but he's never happy with practice, the guys aren't working hard, the team looks bad, that's just the way BILL TALKS...about life in general as a matter of fact.

He's one of the grumpiest men walking.

And the only thing I know about Brady Quinn is he has a beautiful sister...at least that's what the guy told me that I know that is a ND fan says..he never mentions Brady but goes on and on about his sister. Men!

She's really not that hot. The game I saw her at was against AJ Hawk(her boyfriend). She had makeup that had to be 1/2 inch thick. So until I see her without the mask on, she's not good looking.:crying:

MightyTExan
08-11-2006, 04:32 PM
This dude has serious attention issues:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5859886

OXNARD, Calif. (AP) - Terrell Owens wore his new silver and blue uniform Thursday - just not the one for his employers, the Dallas Cowboys.
This one was for the Discovery Channel pro cycling team, Lance Armstrong's former squad, and he did it as part of a gag poking fun at all the time he's spending on the stationary bicycle.
Owens wore a silver cycling helmet, the jersey and sunglasses for about the first 15 minutes of practice Thursday. It was the eighth day he's been on the bike instead of the field because of a sore left hamstring
"Tour de Oxnard," Owens repeatedly said as he began pedaling, smiling wide the entire time.

Later, he called it "my little kickoff for the Tour de T.O. Comeback."

"I'm just trying to have fun, trying to make the most of pedaling on that bike every day," said Owens, who missed his 11th straight practice. "It gets boring. So it's something to get my mind off it."

WWJD
08-11-2006, 05:25 PM
She's really not that hot. The game I saw her at was against AJ Hawk(her boyfriend). She had makeup that had to be 1/2 inch thick. So until I see her without the mask on, she's not good looking.:crying:

Well my friends wear contacts so maybe he didn't have them in that day or something. I just remember him going on about Brady's sister but I missed the part about her being AJ's girlfriend.

CloakNNNdagger
08-11-2006, 08:38 PM
This dude has serious attention issues:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5859886

OXNARD, Calif. (AP) - Terrell Owens wore his new silver and blue uniform Thursday - just not the one for his employers, the Dallas Cowboys.
This one was for the Discovery Channel pro cycling team, Lance Armstrong's former squad, and he did it as part of a gag poking fun at all the time he's spending on the stationary bicycle.
Owens wore a silver cycling helmet, the jersey and sunglasses for about the first 15 minutes of practice Thursday. It was the eighth day he's been on the bike instead of the field because of a sore left hamstring
"Tour de Oxnard," Owens repeatedly said as he began pedaling, smiling wide the entire time.

Later, he called it "my little kickoff for the Tour de T.O. Comeback."

"I'm just trying to have fun, trying to make the most of pedaling on that bike every day," said Owens, who missed his 11th straight practice. "It gets boring. So it's something to get my mind off it."

Other quotes you can easily assign to TO:

"Remember, there is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and "E."

"If nobody's perfect, I must be nobody."

Maybe TO should realize that conceit is simply G-d's gift to little men.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-11-2006, 09:32 PM
This guy is a living joke he is only for entertainment, not for Football, he is the Dennis Rodman of football......He will not last in Dallas with Jerry Jones, he might want to try baseball with the New York Yankess....

cuppacoffee
08-13-2006, 04:29 PM
This guy is a living joke he is only for entertainment, not for Football, he is the Dennis Rodman of football......He will not last in Dallas with Jerry Jones, he might want to try baseball with the New York Yankess....

Is Jerruh starting to realize his mistake?

"Per Mac Engel, Cowboys owner/G.M. Jerry Jones says that he has sent a message to receiver Terrell Owens that the star receiver needs to get used to practicing at "75 percent."

From the same article

"As we've recently explained, Parcells is privately telling folks "I told you so" about the decision to sign Owens, and that Parcells hates guys who won't practice or play in pain. Given, however, the intense media scrutiny of the Owens situation, and the consequences of a premature eruption of Mount Receiver-ass, the Tuna realizes that he can't handle the situation in the way that he has handled similar circumstances in the past... :hides:

In that regard, Owens already has won, by forcing Parcells to alter his nature. We assumed that Parcells would be knee-deep into T.O.'s rear end come training camp, in an effort to force him to snap, if at all, before the regular season starts.

Instead, Parcells is tiptoeing around Prince Terrell, likely because the veteran coach knows in his heart that, if he unloads on Owens, the Cowboys will be right in the middle of the same problem that the Eagles experienced a year ago."..:bag:

Parcells has become a eunuch in dallas.
So has jerruh...he sent the message via TOs trainers. Serves him right! IMHO of course.

Read about it here. (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

ATX_Texan
08-13-2006, 06:19 PM
In that regard, Owens already has won, by forcing Parcells to alter his nature. We assumed that Parcells would be knee-deep into T.O.'s rear end come training camp, in an effort to force him to snap, if at all, before the regular season starts.

Everybody kept saying that Parcells would be the one to finally control TO. However, TO not practicing and goofing around on his bike should tell everyone who is really in control in this situation. The fact that TO took absolutely no responsibility for the implosion in Philly, and that he blamed everyone else, should tell that he learned absolutely nothing. Again, he got exactly what he wanted, a new team and a fat contract, for being a horrible team mate. I am tired of him and I am tired of Parcells talking about quitting every year. I wish Tuna and TO would both just go away.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-13-2006, 11:24 PM
The fact all of you guys make such a big deal about every small thing in training camp is laughable. Yeah he wore a silly Lance Armstrong suit, giggling the whole way while saying- "Tour De Oxnard baby, Tour De Oxnard." Who cares? It was just a little joke, poking fun at the media and the rest of you guys critizising his every move. Terrell is a fine young man who's putting the past aside, and focusing on the future. Each day after practice he's taken young, undrafted FA WR Sam Hurd aside to help him out for about an hour after practice, what's resulted? Hurd's playing with the first-team offense and started in place of Terrell Owens vs. the Seahawks, catching 4 balls for 40 yards, not too shabby. Soon this season will get under way and this thread will be gone like the Oilers. Getcha' Popcorn Ready.

---

By Kevin B. Blackistone

The Dallas Morning News

(MCT)

OXNARD, Calif. - The final huddle around Bill Parcells breaks. Most of his charges begin a tired procession to an alley on the corner of the field, the one created by a chain-link fence holding back throngs of fans. Some stop to oblige autograph seekers.

But Sam Hurd, a rookie free-agent wide receiver, stays behind with his newfound mentor. They run together. They go over routes together. They take turns catching passes from whoever will throw to them.

Theirs has become a daily post-training camp practice ritual.

In fact, Hurd and Terrell Owens have been inseparable workout partners since that first spring mini-camp, when T.O. introduced himself and said Hurd shouldn't hesitate to ask him for any guidance if he needed some.

"At first, I thought he was just saying that," Hurd said of T.O.'s magnanimous overture.

But a day later, Hurd, who didn't start playing football until his junior year at San Antonio Brackenridge, mustered the gumption to take the mercurial five-time Pro Bowler up on his offer. Owens hasn't let Hurd out of his sight since.

"I pick at his brain every day," Hurd said during the respite between Wednesday's two practices. "He knows how to play football. He sees little things that I do wrong, things the coaches don't even see. He's helping me in the mental aspects of the game."

Hurd said T.O. told him that Jerry Rice did the same thing 11 training camps ago with San Francisco when T.O. was but a rookie third-round draft pick out of Tennessee-Chattanooga. Rice took T.O. under his wing and showed him what it would take to be a standout player in this league.

"He's just trying to help me to get to where he is," Hurd said.

Hurd said he long admired T.O. anyway, even if T.O. wasn't his favorite receiver.

"My favorite receiver would be Marvin Harrison," Hurd allowed. "But I like to play like T.O. because he's such a physical presence."

In his last couple of seasons at Northern Illinois, Hurd said he came across T.O.'s workout regimen in Muscle & Fitness magazine and started doing it religiously. He got bigger; 195 pounds now hang on his 6-2 frame. He got faster and stronger. He wound up starting every game his senior year and setting the single-game receiving record at Northern Illinois with 266 yards against Central Michigan.

Hurd said one thing that irks him as a wide receiver is when a defensive back is able to knock him off his route. Hurd said T.O. taught him the importance of being stronger than any defensive back and running through defenders rather than around them and altering a route.

At the start of this week, Hurd had made so much progress under T.O.'s tutelage that the coaching staff told him to start practicing with the first team. T.O., of course, has been nursing that sore hamstring.

"I'm playing his (T.O.'s) position when I'm out there with T.G. (Terry Glenn)," Hurd said.

Hurd can also play the other four wideout positions, too, which is one reason the coaching staff has been charmed by him.

"You can't help but notice some things he is doing," Parcells said of Hurd in a tone as close to cooing as Parcells will ever get.

But Hurd said he's more amazed by who he is working out with one on one than the fact he's playing at this level. He's always been confident in his abilities. Hurd just had no idea T.O. could be the person he's turning out to be.

In Dallas, T.O. had Hurd join him for nighttime workouts. Since arriving in Southern California, T.O. has had Hurd join him and a couple of other teammates for a weekend excursion into Los Angeles. When his cellphone rings these days, Hurd said, it's as likely to be T.O. checking on him as any of his boys from back in San Antonio.

"He's put me under his wing like a little brother," Hurd said.

Hurd said he never concerned himself with others impressions and portrayals of T.O. as a real life Leon, the stereotypical narcissistic pro athlete character in those Budweiser commercials from a few years ago.

"My impression (of T.O.) was same as now," Hurd said. "He's a great receiver. I didn't know if he was a great guy, but I wasn't going to believe the media."

Well, believe this: With his teaching of Sam Hurd, T.O. is threatening to ruin his reputation of not being a team player.

cuppacoffee
08-14-2006, 11:50 AM
blah..blah...blah..:wacko:

Well, believe this: With his teaching of Sam Hurd, T.O. is threatening to ruin his reputation of not being a team player.

:rofl: ... :rofl:

cuppacoffee
08-15-2006, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=WWJD]Didn't know how to spell Charlie's last name and I'm far too lazy to look it up but his name has been passed around alot in Dallas as a Bill successor.

Came across this article about Weis.

Monday, August 14, 2006
Speak Softly and Carry a Big Dome | by Jay

Charlie gave an extended interview to Fox Sports yesterday. It's broken up into several clips on the Fox Sports website (link is here, MS Internet Explorer seems to be required). After one clip plays, the next clip should load. Lots of great stuff, including a discussion of his long-term contract with ND:

Chris Myers: I think it was a few months into the job, you got this ten-year contract. I ask this because no matter what the contract says, you'll hear rumors that this [NFL] team might be looking at him, or that team might be looking at him.

Charlie Weis: Well, that's what we were trying to do. We were trying to end that...because by doing it the way we did it, it showed a commitment by both parties. It showed a commitment from ND to Charlie Weis, but it also showed a commitment from the Weis family to ND, saying, "We're not looking to jump ship the first time a better offer comes along."

Myers: There won't be that burning desire after all those years in the NFL, with the Giants, and--

Weis: I'm at Notre Dame...the head coach at Notre Dame. I mean, why would you have a burning desire to go anywhere else?

Myers: Well, there's the college versus the pro grame--

Weis: (sounding it out) No-tre-Dame...the University of No-tre-Dame...

Myers: (laughing) I feel like I'm being recruited here. Where do I sign, coach?

Weis: Well, I mean...it is something different.

Of course :money: talks, but he comes across as sincere.

ND Blog, Fox Sports Interview (http://bluegraysky.blogspot.com/)

WWJD
08-15-2006, 01:48 PM
And Bill was permanently out of football till he signed with the Cowboys.

You never know; I mean these guys say doors are closed to them leaving jobs or switching and then something will change their minds and that usually does involve money.

But yea he does sound sincere. I appreciate you passing that interview on. Thanks.

CloakNNNdagger
08-15-2006, 06:57 PM
PARCELLS RUNNING OUT OF PATIENCE (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

The favoritism that is being shown to TO will be working on the patience of not only Parcells, but on the patience of TO's fellow team mates. The inequalities will eventually either lead to Parcells exploding or the team imploding. Stretch, would you mind finding me some of your special Cowgirl popcorn.........one without the cockroach droppings.

CloakNNNdagger
08-16-2006, 08:26 PM
It's Terrellby exciting to watch Tuna-Owens (http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/9604071)[for the complete story]
Aug. 16, 2006
By Mike Freeman
CBS SportsLine.com National Columnist

"With the first preseason game coming up in a few days, I wanted to do everything I could to get ready to play as soon as possible. So when I was asked to go sign the autographs, I said I wanted to go to my scheduled treatment instead. Coach (Andy) Reid didn't like that: He had a system that all of the players follow, and he told me to go over there and sign. I told him I was going to get my treatment. He lost his patience and told me, 'Just shut up.' I told him that I was a grown man and that he should shut up."
-- Terrell Owens in his book T.O.

OXNARD, Calif. -- You shut up. No, you shut up. You're a jerk. Nope, you are. That is what being around Terrell Owens for an extended period of time does to a man. He forces you to revert back to sixth grade insults.

When Owens was with Philadelphia, he caused two of the NFL's more tranquil and pacifistic people in Reid and quarterback Donovan McNabb to lose their mind in mini-fits of maddening anger. Now, he is with Bill Parcells, a.k.a. Coach Grumps, who is eternally frumpy and fussy, and has as much patience for an Owens type of player as he does someone tickling his feet.
Now, everyone is watching the clock. Tick, tick, tock. Everyone knows it is only a matter of time before Coach Grumps and his star pouty receiver, Terrellbly Sensitive Owens, are at each other's throats like a snooty flight attendant and a sleepless passenger.
Tick, tick, tock. It will happen. A screaming match or curses tossed and verbal hooks thrown. It will happen. Count on it. Tick, tick, tock.

"Coach Reid should not have told me to shut up, and I shouldn't have said that back to him. A part of me hated to get into a confrontation with him. Another part of me, the part that was just waiting for the chance to fight back against 'the man,' would not stand for that kind of disrespect."
-- Owens in his book T.O.

"Shut the f--- up!"
-- McNabb to Owens during a game after Owens stated he was open and McNabb did not pass it to him.

Those words, spoken by McNabb in the heat of battle, caused Terrellbly Sensitive to become terribly angry.

In football, players curse and shout at each other ten times a game. There are explosions followed by handshakes and hugs and "my bad." In life, friends tell friends to shut the f--- up; apologies are made and everything is forgotten. Not with Sensitive. He never forgets. He lashes back at any perceived slight.